This is topic Salsassin destroys the ghetto myth Napolean shot off the nose of the sphinx ! in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002009

Posted by Afronut Slayer (Member # 16637) on :

I would love to invite Salsassin to nyc (I would cover the expenses) to enter him into the debate circle. There are a few trouble makers here in the lecture circuit, misleading blacks. But there is one that is dangerous because of his level of knowledge base and ability to skew and slant the data. His name is Wesley Muhommed, Phd. A very dangerous afronut intellectual.

In this video, Salsassin provides incontrovertible proof the chipped nose on the sphinx occured prior to Napolean's arrival in egypt. He does this while smashing the young brother's black man claim to indian heritage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGsh5qbM8I&feature=sub

Posted by Morpheus (Member # 16203) on :

It's well-known around here that the Sphinx was defaced centuries before Napoleon traveled to Egypt.

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus:
It's well-known around here that the Sphinx was defaced centuries before Napoleon traveled to Egypt.

No it's not. The reports are that Napoleon had his artillery us the Sphinx's face for target practice. That does not preclude OTHER Whites from doing similar deeds at an earlier time - as the Sphinx's face is almost gone.

Posted by Afronut Slayer (Member # 16637) on :

as you can see in the post underneath you, your afronut colleagues do not share your sentiment.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Afronut Slayer:
[QB] as you can see in the post underneath you, your afronut colleagues do not share your sentiment.

I'm not an Afronut, asshole.

Mike is one person.

Many other people have spoken on the fact that the Sphinx was defaced by a Sufi Monk.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001727

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Mike, my ancestry aside, you make claims without muuch validation or logic. Instead you invest too much emotional arguements instead of hard facts. I know that Europeans altered artifacts to make them look more European but to say Muslims or Christians in Egypt did not destroy artifacts is revisionist history. We have accounts of both Coptic monks and Muslim historians about the destruction of artifacts.

I can quote exact sources and evidence instead of hersey. You make a claim that Napolean blew off the nose of the sphinx yet we have written accounts of Al-Maqrizi saying that s sufi monk knocked off the nose of the sphinx because the local population were still giving offerings to the sphinx.

So the burden of proof is upon you. You make a claim that neither Muslims and Christians never destroyed any artifacts then present evidence.

I can quote the texts from the Monk Shenoute and al-Maequizi that both Christians and Muslims destroyed ancient Egyptian artifacts.

Posted by Jari-Ankhamun (Member # 14451) on :

quote:
quote:
[QB] as you can see in the post underneath you, your afronut colleagues do not share your sentiment.

I'm not an Afronut, asshole.

Mike is one person.

Many other people have spoken on the fact that the Sphinx was defaced by a Sufi Monk.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001727

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Mike, my ancestry aside, you make claims without muuch validation or logic. Instead you invest too much emotional arguements instead of hard facts. I know that Europeans altered artifacts to make them look more European but to say Muslims or Christians in Egypt did not destroy artifacts is revisionist history. We have accounts of both Coptic monks and Muslim historians about the destruction of artifacts.

I can quote exact sources and evidence instead of hersey. You make a claim that Napolean blew off the nose of the sphinx yet we have written accounts of Al-Maqrizi saying that s sufi monk knocked off the nose of the sphinx because the local population were still giving offerings to the sphinx.

So the burden of proof is upon you. You make a claim that neither Muslims and Christians never destroyed any artifacts then present evidence.

I can quote the texts from the Monk Shenoute and al-Maequizi that both Christians and Muslims destroyed ancient Egyptian artifacts.

I mean who still claims that that Napoleon destroyed the spinx...lol

Quote: That does not preclude OTHER Whites from doing similar deeds at an earlier time - as the Sphinx's face is almost gone.

I never said that Christians and Muslims did not do damage also.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Quote: That does not preclude OTHER Whites from doing similar deeds at an earlier time - as the Sphinx's face is almost gone.

Where is your documentary evidence for Napoleon ordering his troops to deface the Sphinx?

There are artists depictions of the Sphinx with its nose gone years before Napoleon ever came to Egypt.

quote:
quote:

Where is your documentary evidence for Napoleon ordering his troops to deface the Sphinx?

There are artists depictions of the Sphinx with its nose gone years before Napoleon ever came to Egypt.

Where is yours that it was somebody else?

quote:
Where is yours that it was somebody else?

http://www.catchpenny.org/nose.html

There exists an interesting account written by historian Muhammad al-Husayni Taqi al-Din al-Maqrizi (died CE 1442), in a book called al-Mawa`iz wa al-i`tibar fi dhikr al-khitat wa al-athar (G. Wien, ed., 1913). In vol. 2, page 157 of the Wien edition, al-Maqrizi states that the face, specifically the nose and ears, were demolished in 1378 by a Sufi from the khanqah of Sa`id al-Su`ada named Sa'im al-dahr. The reason for the vandalism, according to al-Maqrizi, was to "remedy some religious errors:" at that time some Egyptians were still burning milk-thistle (shuka`a) and safflower (badhaward) at the foot of the Sphinx while murmuring a verse 63 times in hope that their wishes would be fulfilled. "From the time of this disfigurement also," al-Maqrizi wrote, "the sand has invaded the cultivated land of Giza, and the people attribute this to the disfigurement of Abul-Hol [i.e., the Sphinx]."

Posted by Bogle (Member # 16736) on :

quote:

LOL exactly. This Jamie fan is a real comic relief. Mike, please shut the hell up! Damn!

Bogle - who or what are you supposed to be?

I know that you are a young, probably White, asshole. But what do YOU think you are??

Morpheus - You are slipping. How quickly you are willing to cast aside common sense, in order to deny White culpability for yet another atrocity.

In the link you provided, it is admitted that there were many versions of the Sphinx's condition in the 1700s. But like you, the writer chose to accept the version that denied White involvement. No surprise there, over the years I have read more White lies and bullsh1t about history than I could shake a stick at.

But as a matter of common sense: a Sufi is similar to a Jain, these people seek to get closer to god through inner reflection, denial of worldly goods, and service to the poor. Unlike White people, they don't mess with other peoples icons or beliefs.

But as a practical matter; how would this rouge Sufi accomplish the terrible deed? Get a stepladder a hammer and a chisel??? And if a rouge Sufi was to try such a thing, what would the people who were worshiping the Sphinx do?? Ya right, kill the Sufi before he could do any damage - providing he had found a stepladder tall enough.

Now contrast that with some White boy, just tooo full of himself, with a short body but a long ego. He comes into the lands of the Pharaohs, and all around him, he sees evidence of Black men who were far greater that he.

What's a White boy gonna do??
Of course, he is going to find a way to denigrate these fantastic Black people. And it just so happens that he doesn't even need a stepladder, he has cannon.

Which scenario sounds more likely Morpheus??

Mike we all know you're a spook.

Mike,

I think the historical documentation of the Sphinx being defaced is the more likely scenario. It is a fact that both Christians and Muslims defaced Egyptian artwork and in Islam especially it is forbidden to worship idol Gods. People were making offering at the base of the Sphinx according to al-Maqrizi and this is what motivated the Sufi to do his dastardly deed.

There is evidence of tool marks being used on the Sphinx's nose area so it was more than likely chiseled off, perhaps overnight. I do not know the method used but I think that artistic depictions of the Sphinx with the nose broken off years before Napoleon's arrival in Egypt as well as a written account of the incident are credible evidence that Napoleon and his men were not the culprits.

As for the Sufi I have read that he was hanged for vandalism.

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

quote:
There is evidence of tool marks being used on the Sphinx's nose area so it was more than likely chiseled off, perhaps overnight.

That must have been quite laborious.

Morpheus - I thought that I was being obviously sarcastic.

The Sphinx is 65 ft. high, and the face is 13 ft. wide. Even if a man could get up there - which is unlikely, it would take a very long time to do anything noticeable - I'm talking months and years here.

Plus, please notice that it is just the nose and lips which are the objects of wrath. Come-on Morpheus, you know perfectly well, that is typical White boy modus operandi against Black icons - who you fooling.

-

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

quote:
Even if a man could get up there - which is unlikely

How do you think the ancient Egyptians were able to carve the Sphinx in the first place?

quote:
Originally posted by Bogle:
Mike we all know you're a spook.

And proud of it Albino boy.

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
quote:

How do you think the ancient Egyptians were able to carve the Sphinx in the first place?
You stupid little boy. Don't you know that these things took years to build, with thousands of workers and earthworks. Damn you are just sooo stupid and ignorant.

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
quote:

LOL

Sorry Truthcentric; thought it was Bogles post. It was still a dumb question, but you don't deserve such vitriol yet!

Sundjata

-

Posted by Brada-Anansi (Member # 16371) on :

Originally posted by Mike111: Even if a man could get up there - which is unlikely

Are we forgetting the Sphinx was buried up to it's neck in sand?

And where did the claim the Frenchies shot off the nose came from.? I mean how old was the claim??

Posted by osirion (Member # 7644) on :

quote:
I would love to invite Salsassin to nyc (I would cover the expenses) to enter him into the debate circle. There are a few trouble makers here in the lecture circuit, misleading blacks. But there is one that is dangerous because of his level of knowledge base and ability to skew and slant the data. His name is Wesley Muhommed, Phd. A very dangerous afronut intellectual.

In this video, Salsassin provides incontrovertible proof the chipped nose on the sphinx occured prior to Napolean's arrival in egypt. He does this while smashing the young brother's black man claim to indian heritage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGsh5qbM8I&feature=sub

You idiot - you don't know who you are dealing with do you? You must have know idea about the quality of people that post here.

You need to stop this condescending attitude and actually pay attention to real smart people that can teach you quite a bit - young stupid fool.

Posted by JMT2 (Member # 16951) on :

The thread starter is obviously some duplicate account spamming, trolling azz moron. I dare him/her to present their BS "facts" in a public setting to be critiqued in the presense of scholars and laymen alike.

The sphinx is a large monument in Kemet with pronounced BLACK AFRICAN features carved in solid rock for the ages - obviously made in the image of the people indigenous to the land. There is no way to spin that. The Sphinx is not some small statue a fraudulent egyptologist can take in their secretive back room to alter. So the bigger question is; rather than who maliciously disfigured the Sphinx but why?

People don't erect iconic monuments not of their own image only to destroy the nose and lips. Since it was not the kemites who maliciously destroyed much of their own antiquities it must have been some other people that bear no resemblance to the sphinx.

BTW, is it just my imagination, but every statue those cowardly bastards perceive as "white looking" are almost always pristine, in tact, and never bear any of the intentional damage we see on other antiquities that are stereotypically black African. Coincidence? Of course not.

-

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com