This is topic "Greek Coins from Lesbos portraying Africans" in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003404

Posted by Leo Minor (Member # 17443) on :

I am not interested in Centric Ideas but these Greek coins from Lesbos are interesting because a lot of them have an African on them. ”Even if they are small change” Maybe they represent strong Trade relationship with Africa.

Click at link for more
http://www.asiaminorcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=60

exsample
 -
Lesbos Uncertain (BC 500-450) BI - African
ca 450 BC. AR 1/12 Stater (0.87g, 9h). Head of a Nubian right / Eye within incuse square. VF, toned, a little porous. Extremely rare.

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

Leo, I'm afrain the White mans lies and Bullsh1t has completely overtaken your brain.

The White man is NOT native to Europe or the Mediterranean region!!!!!

But the Black man IS!

For years, many on this board have tried to educate people like you, not with our say-so, but with evidence.

Yet you talk about "Maybe they represent strong Trade relationship with Africa."

I'm sorry Leo, but that is just fuching Sad!

-

Crete

-

-

-

-

Posted by Gigantic (Member # 17311) on :

Mike, I have reason to believe you are possessed by an entity called "Ignoramadon."

quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic:
Mike, I have reason to believe you are possessed by an entity called "Ignoramadon."

Gigantic - Only in the White mans world of lies and bullsh1t does that pass as "reasoned" critique.

In the real world, as opposed to the White mans fantasy world of lies and bullsh1t, you would be required to present something approaching authentic EVIDENCE to disprove my submitted evidence.

But since Leo lives in YOUR world, I suppose your comments will do for him.

Posted by alTakruri (Member # 10195) on :

Interesting, in light of Sappho.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003049#000006

Placing those coins in their proper context will be a
challenging bit of numismatics and history research.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo Minor:
I am not interested in Centric Ideas but these Greek coins from Lesbos are interesting because a lot of them have an African on them. ”Even if they are small change” Maybe they represent strong Trade relationship with Africa.

Click at link for more
http://www.asiaminorcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=60

exsample
 -
Lesbos Uncertain (BC 500-450) BI - African
ca 450 BC. AR 1/12 Stater (0.87g, 9h). Head of a Nubian right / Eye within incuse square. VF, toned, a little porous. Extremely rare.

Posted by the lioness (Member # 17353) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
[QB] Leo, I'm afrain the White mans lies and Bullsh1t has completely overtaken your brain.

The White man is NOT native to Europe or the Mediterranean region!!!!!

But the Black man IS!

-
 -

Mike, Alexander the Great died in 323 B.C..
The Hellenistic period begins at this point after his death.
So assuming Alexander was white and Greece was predominantly white when he was alive 356–323 B.C.
how far before him was Greece predominantly black?
What is an approximate ending point date for a Greece that was majority Black.

Please be a sweetheart and enlighten us to this history

Posted by JMT2 (Member # 16951) on :

Interesting. I wonder which private collector or european museum had these coins hidden in their basement all these years. Examining the coins you can distinguish the difference between the Black and the white subjects. Whomever minted these coins knew there was a clear difference. One question I have which Mike brings up is when these coins were made are the Blacks being depicted residing in europe because there absolutely was a Black presence in europe long before 500-450 BC. This needs to be clarified because some jackass like the flaming troll above will try to claim these Blacks were from Africa or Sub Sahara Africa only yet provide no evidence or proof.

JMT2 - If you recall, when someone posted this coin of Hannibal, one of the White idiots said the image was of the Elephant driver.

-

I'm still not sure if Whites are really that delusional or simply trying to bullsh1t their way through it.

So I was really waiting for a comment like that, to get things going. But as you can see, all I got was that piece of stupidness from the usual source.

Anyway, aside from confirmation of just how much Black historical material Whites were and are hiding away (can you imagine how much they have stashed away in the Vatican?).

I was struck by the LACK of "Grooming" of the subjects. It seems very strange that these kings or Governors would be depicted with "Naturals" in contrast to other ancient Anatolian's who were well coiffured.

The confusion on my part also extends to Hannibal. Phoenicians were some of the most educated and refined Black people of the ancient world. Yet he is depicted Au natural? If you have some thoughts, please share.

-

-  -

Lesbos

-

-

Lesbos

-

-

Posted by Brada-Anansi (Member # 16371) on :

-
Looks like god Bes.

^Don't hurt yourself with all that thinking.

Mike
Don't hurt yourself with all that thinking.
Wadda ya mean jelly bean?
 -  -
From a quick glance do you not see any resemblance?

Ohh I get it it has to be about Albinos and Whiteman's bull **** 24/7 ...cultural aspects does not intrest you one bit.. [Big Grin] well have your way hooss.. [Big Grin]

^Your Lesbo image does not display. They seem to have a view limit.

I think that I am beginning to make some sense of it now. The problem is that the website presents these coins as being actual GREEK coins, they were not. The stater was a "Generic" coin.

The stater was an ancient coin used in various regions of Greece. Western Europeans consider the stater to be mostly of Macedonian origin, because Celtic tribes brought it in Europe after using it as mercenaries in north Greece. It circulated from the 8th century BC to 50 AD. According to Robin Lane Fox, it was borrowed by the Euboeans from the Phoenician shekel, which was of about the same weight and was also a fiftieth part of a mina.

Holding that info. for a moment.

The Invading White Greeks expanded rapidly after securing the Greek mainland. On Melos island, the most southwesterly of the major islands of the Cyclades Islands. The great city of Phylakopi was destroyed in about 1100 B.C, by Dorian invaders.

We don't know when they reached Lesbos, but it couldn't have been much later.

Lesbos

The abundant gray pottery ware found on the island and the worship of Cybele, the great mother-goddess of Anatolia, suggest the (Anatolian) cultural continuity of the population from Neolithic times.

When the Persian king Cyrus defeated Croesus (546 BC) the Ionic Greek cities of Anatolia and the adjacent islands became Persian subjects and remained such until the Persians were defeated by the Greeks at the Battle of Salamis (480 BC).

The island was governed by an oligarchy in archaic times (oligarchy - a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, military control, or religious hegemony ).

Followed by quasi-democracy in classical times. For a short period it was member of the Athenian confederacy, its apostasy from which is described in a stirring chapter of Thucydides' history of the Peloponnesian War. In Hellenistic times, the island belonged to various Successor kingdoms until 79 BC when it passed into Roman hands.

I think that rule by "oligarchy" explains the crudeness of the images. They were not actual royalty, but rather just prominent locals.

-

I am assuming that these were the original elites of the Islands before the White Greeks came, and after the Persians ran the Greeks of, they took back control. The timeframe of the coins seems to bear this out.

These Lesbos people also seem to have lived in Greece under the White Greeks.

And they seem to be consistent in their disdain for "Grooming".

-

They seem to be the most unkempt Blacks in the ancient world.

Note the Difference.

-  -

Fer fuks sakes Mike!! having locks or your hair arrange in a certain manner does not mean they were barbarous in anyway
That same hair arrangement can be found from the Nile to the Niger some people find it quite happy to be nappy Mike. [Cool]

quote:

The Invading White Greeks expanded rapidly after securing the Greek mainland. On Melos island, the most southwesterly of the major islands of the Cyclades Islands. The great city of Phylakopi was destroyed in about 1100 B.C, by Dorian invaders.

where did the "invading white Greeks" come from and when did they invade?

Mike you seem to have no idea when or have evidence that such an invasion occurred

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Fer fuks sakes Mike!! having locks or your hair arrange in a certain manner does not mean they were barbarous in anyway
That same hair arrangement can be found from the Nile to the Niger some people find it quite happy to be nappy Mike. [Cool]

I did not say that they were barbarous, I said that they were "UNKEMPT"

But I must say, going around like that, with uncombed, ungroomed hair is very close to being barbarous. "Civilized" people do not do that, it is too close to what the White man used to do before the Black man civilized him.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

where did the "invading white Greeks" come from and when did they invade?

Mike you seem to have no idea when or have evidence that such an invasion occurred

You stupid cow, have you learned nothing?

For all others - this is typical White man bullsh1t from Wiki. But it serves to make the point that the Hellenes were INVADERS not NATIVE people.

Hellenes

The Proto-Greeks probably arrived at the area now called Greece, in the southern tip of the Balkan peninsula, at the end of the 3rd millennium BC. The sequence of migrations into the Greek mainland during the 2nd millennium BC has to be reconstructed on the basis of the ancient Greek dialects, as they presented themselves centuries later and is subject to some uncertainties.

There were at least two migrations, the first of the Ionians and Aeolians which resulted in Mycenaean Greece by the 16th century BC, and the second, the Dorian invasion, around the 11th century BC, displacing the Arcadocypriot dialects which descended from the Mycenaean period. Both migrations occur at incisive periods, the Mycenaean at the transition to the Late Bronze Age and the Doric at the Bronze Age collapse.

Distribution of the Hellenic races, 1000 to 800 B.C.

-

If there are no more questions, I will sign off for the night.

Mike you history twisting shyt rag, I keep pointing this out. Alexander The Great lived before the Hellene period. I assume your retard azz agrees he wasn't black. You have not stated where these "white Greeks" came from, before the Hellene period.

-
Mycenaean funeral mask

-
Lady of Mycenae, 13c BC

the assumption is always the same that ignorant white people came in (from "somewhere") and learned everything from indigenous black bookworms who were incapable of applying their own knowledge to defend themselves !!!
They were peaceful nerd types not of any Shaka-like warrior stock who got played like suckers by these barbarians who later became Plato and Aristotle, frauds who were just reciting like parrots all the knowledge they copied and off the ancient black nerds.

-

An observation before signing off.

Lioness, I see you have dropped the avatar of the Black woman. I take it someone must have told you how pathetically White of you it was to use it.

I mean really, what type of misfit creature thinks that it is acceptable for a White man/woman (do you know which) to front as a Black woman in order to engage in racial discussions. You are truly Sad.

Now if only you could grow a brain.

Lioness quote: Mike you history twisting shyt rag, I keep pointing this out. Alexander The Great lived before the Hellene period. I assume your retard azz agrees he wasn't black. You have not stated where these "white Greeks" came from, before the Hellene period.

No lioness, you CAN'T be THAT stupid.

Alexander III of Macedon (356–323 BC), popularly known as Alexander the Great, was a Greek king of Macedon. He is the most celebrated member of the Argead Dynasty and created one of the largest empires in ancient history. Born in Pella in 356 BC, Alexander was tutored by the famed philosopher Aristotle, succeeded his father Philip II of Macedon to the throne in 336 BC

Damn maybe she IS that stupid!!
Bye.

quote:
Lioness quote: Mike you history twisting shyt rag, I keep pointing this out. Alexander The Great lived before the Hellene period. I assume your retard azz agrees he wasn't black. You have not stated where these "white Greeks" came from, before the Hellene period.

No lioness, you CAN'T be THAT stupid.

Alexander III of Macedon (356–323 BC), popularly known as Alexander the Great, was a Greek king of Macedon. He is the most celebrated member of the Argead Dynasty and created one of the largest empires in ancient history. Born in Pella in 356 BC, Alexander was tutored by the famed philosopher Aristotle, succeeded his father Philip II of Macedon to the throne in 336 BC

Damn maybe she IS that stupid!!
Bye.

Like I said you have a problem. You say whites came into Greece during the Hellene period from Northern Asia. But you are talking about the Argead Dynasty and yes that is before the Hellenes.
So then you are saying that the classical period that and Alexander the Great were black?
Where did you say that whites came from before Central Asia? You say dravidian India. You have no evidence for this you make up too much stuff Mike.
You say on your site that white came to Greece in the Hellene period. Then there's a picture in that spot of Alexander of the prior classical period. And I'm the stupid one?

But it doesn't even matter the Hellene were a continuation of the prior classical period. It's the same people. Same thing with the even earlier Mycenaean Greece. Even at this earlier period it's predominantly white perhaps with a smattering of blacks and mulattoes. The point is you have no idea or evidence of a "white invasion" or that there were even people living there to be displaced.
What about the Minoans? They weren't black people either.

Black people may have been the original people of the Mediterranean in prehistoric times, it's unknown.

Posted by 9th Element (Member # 17629) on :

-

Nubian with oryx, monkey, and leopard skins, 8th–7th century b.c.; Neo-Assyrian period; Phoenician style

Excavated at Fort Shalmaneser, Nimrud (ancient Kalhu), Mesopotamia
Ivory

H. 5 5/16 in. (13.5 cm)
Rogers Fund, 1960 (60.145.11)

Furniture decorated with carved ivory plaques was a symbol of wealth throughout the Near East during the early first millennium B.C. The ivories were carved in the major centers of Phoenicia—along the eastern Mediterranean coast—as well as in Syria and the Assyrian plains. Assyrian conquests beginning in the ninth century B.C. brought richly decorated furniture as booty and tribute from the cities of Syria and Phoenicia, and craftsmen taken prisoner from these cities probably continued to carve ivories on the Assyrian coast.

Some Phoenician-style ivories are solid plaques, while others are carved on one or both sides in a delicate openwork technique. Many originally were covered by gold leaf and inlaid with semiprecious stones or colored glass. Such rich combinations of ivory, gold, and brightly colored stones made the thrones of the Assyrian kings famous for their exquisite beauty. Most ivories carved in the Phoenician style were probably produced during the late eighth and seventh centuries B.C.

Phoenician ivory carvers were strongly influenced by the themes and style of Egyptian art owing to longstanding ties between the two cultures. Some Phoenician ivories illustrate purely Egyptian themes, but many use Egyptian motifs in entirely original compositions.

This Nubian tribute bearer exhibits traits of the Phoenician style, characterized by the slender, elongated form of the bearer and his animal gifts, the precision of carving and intricacy of detail, and the distinct Egyptian flavor of both pose and features

Source: Nubian with oryx, monkey, and leopard skins [Excavated at Fort Shalmaneser, Nimrud (ancient Kalhu), Mesopotamia] (60.145.11) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Citation

"Nubian with oryx, monkey, and leopard skins [Excavated at Fort Shalmaneser, Nimrud (ancient Kalhu), Mesopotamia] (60.145.11)". In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000 ndash;. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/60.145.11 (October 2006)

Source: Nubian with oryx, monkey, and leopard skins [Excavated at Fort Shalmaneser, Nimrud (ancient Kalhu), Mesopotamia] (60.145.11) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

9th Element - If there is a point to your posting of the picture, you should say what it is. Those Assyrian ivories are well known to most of us.

Images of the Phoenicians

A Greek-Phoenician female mask; Museum Villa Whittaker.

-

Louvre museum

-

British museum

-

-

Source unknown (yet)

-

Israel baal

-

quote:
9th Element - If there is a point to your posting of the picture, you should say what it is. Those Assyrian ivories are well known to most of us.

I posted these, because the Phoenicians had close contact with the Greeks and KMTics.

Yet wanted to share this info.

Brada-Anansi - Since 9th Element brought up the Assyrians, it's a perfect opportunity for me to beat-up on those slothful Lesbosans again.

Even a Assyrian Fisherman had the good graces to at least wear a fillet on his head for some semblance of Grooming.

-

And even though the Assyrians were a Barbarous people, their Kings were positively resplendent in their Grooming and attire.

Yet the Lesbosans couldn't even comb their hair - Shameful!

-

Sorry, I was busy doing some other stuff.

I wanted to share this info

9th Element - I wasn't criticizing, just wanted you to know that you have to explain what you mean.

Posted by anguishofbeing (Member # 16736) on :

quote:
Like I said you have a problem. You say whites came into Greece during the Hellene period from Northern Asia. But you are talking about the Argead Dynasty and yes that is before the Hellenes.

He is as ignorant and contradictory as you. His white invasion theory is as ridiculous as your fishing for "mulatto" looking Egyptian statues to back up your rainbow society theory.

anguishofbeing - Why do you assume that anyone wants to know your opinion?

Cockroaches who pop-in, spread germs, and then scurry away, are not normally welcome in homes.

Posted by Just call me Jari (Member # 14451) on :

quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:

He is as ignorant and contradictory as you. His white invasion theory is as ridiculous as your fishing for "mulatto" looking Egyptian statues to back up your rainbow society theory.
LMAO...Two Dummies(Mike and Lioness) going at it...One a Mulattocentrist the other a Blackcentric...

Posted by Egmond Codfried (Member # 15683) on :

-

Was Lesbos not known for its Lesbians? Black lesbians?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Head_of_Poetess_Sappho_Istanbul.JPG

Sappho; nice lips!

Posted by IronLion (Member # 16412) on :

^^No lesbians, only strong matriarchs!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com