This is topic Power of the word in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004095

Posted by Whatbox (Member # 10819) on :

And curse words.

What are you guys's takes on cussing and curse words primarily, and the power of words secondarily?

What about when the word ass is used in the same sense of butt, a feature on the body? Or when a number of words, almost any can be used exclamatorily upon one's being surprised in a good or bad way; when those words are used in exactly the same manner as "Whoa, Oh, or Wo". How 'bout that you can completely deride and deflate something without the use of any "curse" words or better yet any words at all? What about when the kid tries to evade the parent by substituting a "curse word" and still cursing with it?

profane (v.):

late 14c., from L. profanare "to desecrate," from profanus "unholy, not consecrated," from pro fano "not admitted into the temple (with the initiates)," lit. "out in front of the temple," from pro- "before" (see pro-) + fano, ablative of fanum "temple" (see feast). Related: Profaned; profaning. The adjective is attested from late 15c.; originally "un-ecclesiastical, secular;" sense of "unholy, polluted" is recorded from c.1500.

What about the connection implied:

The Secret

Manifesting Intentions

What about the idea of the Word, God's Word, pre-existing humanity and its words?

And then there's fuc, a word that comes both ever so titillatingly off of a young squeeze's lips or harshly out of the mouths of an upset wronged.

It can mean to bunk i.e. sex, mess/funks with (which can also mean sex), and to funk up: to mess up or damn.

It's also used in a phrase, bunk it as in leave it alone, ignore it and move on.

Posted by Booski Love (Member # 6729) on :

[Big Grin]

Posted by hottoddi (Member # 15917) on :

Manifesting Your Intentions
 -

It's no secret [Roll Eyes]

-

I wonder if The Secret" could have helped? [Confused]

I agree with Manifesting Your Intentions, but was far as "Secret" like magic spoken of since times remote i think it seems a little Harry Potter too.

Not worse than superstition over words though

Posted by Booski Love (Member # 6729) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:

Not worse than superstition over words though

Please elucidate.

-

Just give the dude his damn rug back!!! [Big Grin]

[Cool]

If you don't believe your actual will, attitude and mind-state are important how you gone believe saying magic words is?

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com