This is topic Sheer Brilliance! in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004284

Posted by Afrocentric Liars Exposed (Member # 18528) on :

I remember struggling with Calc II and this tweenage kid zips right thru it! Holy Smokes!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/a-beautiful-mind-12-year-old-boy-genius-sets-out-to-disprove-big-bang/

Posted by MelaninKing (Member # 17444) on :

It's not brilliance.
It's an opening of abstract thoughts via mind modification triggered by chemical imbalances, or simply; madness.

The kid is definitely an insomniac and I'll bet ya, he carries many genetic mutations typical of Ashkenazi's that will offset his mathematic ability with other more serious trade-offs, such as Maniac depression, bad eyesight, Walking dreams, ect.

In life, there is ALWAYS a trade-off!
This is an example of how quickly the Pineal gland calcifies in young Ashkenazis and Albinos.

Posted by Sundjata (Member # 13096) on :

^Why are you hating on a little kid? [Roll Eyes]

Posted by L' (Member # 18238) on :

Jealous, perhaps? Maybe he just feels threatened that a 12year old is smarter than him, who knows!

Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore facts and historic data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I.

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore, facts.

People don't usually get admitted into college with a 7th grade reading proficiency. If you're trying to equate him to say, like a retard savant then keep in mind those savants aren't usually able to teach what they learn.

^^LOL!! The kid is only freggin 12 yrs old, MORON! At that age, to conceptualize abstract math is not an easy task. It requires maturity of the mind, which accompanies advancement in age... now go flush yourself down the chute, black Turd.

Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent.

There is no truth in what you say, only racism

^ LOL, with a few kickbacks George Bush, Jr. got accepted into Yale. What's you point?

I'm not saying that mental illness cannot be profitable or serve a purpose. It fits in well with the Ashkenazi reality where insanity is the norm.

Posted by Just call me Jari (Member # 14451) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Afrocentric Liars Exposed:
^^LOL!! The kid is only freggin 12 yrs old, MORON! At that age, to conceptualize abstract math is not an easy task. It requires maturity of the mind, which accompanies advancement in age... now go flush yourself down the chute, black Turd.

I don't know I think younger minds function faster and can handle more than an older mind. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, the kid is brilliant, I suck at math. History and art is my strong point, not math.

Your "brilliance" stumped me with that word, Fnord! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by L':
rasism

Both Afronut and MK are blinded by racism. Undisputed research has shown that racists have low IQs, thus both of you have a thing or two to learn from this kid. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by L':

LOL, reactionary!
Prove it..

do tell sir, what else can be used to assess the degree of intelligence?

quote:
Originally posted by L':
Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent.

quote:
Your "brilliance" stumped me with that word, Fnord! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by L':
rasism

I noticed that error as well, and so I corrected it before your comment was even posted [Razz]

quote:
Both Afronut and MK are blinded by racism. Undisputed research has shown that racists have low IQs, thus both of you have a thing or two to learn from this kid. [Smile]
Indeed...

quote:
LOL, with a few kickbacks George Bush, Jr. got accepted into Yale. What's you point?

I'm not saying that mental illness cannot be profitable or serve a purpose. It fits in well with the Ashkenazi reality where insanity is the norm.

Who's to say he will be insane?

quote:
LOL, reactionary!
Prove it.

No need to "prove" anything. Your posts clearly display some degree of racism, and reluctance to accept that the child is intelligent

quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:

LOL, IQ's again.
A concept created by Ashkenazis to measure conformance to the insane state, and you buy it.

Proving, Insanity can be as contagious as Flu!

As an Engineer, I meet the adult version of these kids all the time. They work for Wall Street using their "brilliance" to develop abstract trading and futures formulas, or at MITRE corp. developing nuclear weapons or simulations.
Very likely this is where this kid will end up, or perhaps in Israel developing the next generation of Biological weapons.

Problem is, you youngsters have absolutely no idea of the big picture.
Like women, you only see the "feel good" part of the story and unable to trace it to it's consistent conclusion.

quote:
do tell sir, what else can be used to assess the degree of intelligence?

quote:
Originally posted by L':

Why are you responding to me when I was addressing MelaninKing?

You are an idiot if you think mathematical skills are the only indicator of intelligence (then again, you are an idiot either way) LOL!. There can be no one way to "assess" intelligence, because as I stated, there is not only *one type* of intelligence.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]No need to "prove" anything.

I rest my case. You are found guilty of ignorance and emotional reaction.
Don't be afraid to dig deeper into your subject matter.

^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. So there is not just one type of intelligence. There is low, avrg and high intelligence.

Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

"Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent. There is no truth in what you say, only racism."

quote:
^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

Superior intelligence?
Still incorrect description of what is really happening.
Superior to what?
The kid may understand math at ONLY the abstract level and fail miserably on the application side. Does this make him/her superior to the Physicist who is less adapt at Calculus but actually understands how to apply the formula to manufacture real world applications?

Brilliance is a relative term, and you and I obviously have different perceptions. Very likely because my first job at 18 was in High Energy Physics developing Masers and Atomic clocks.

quote:
^^Obviously, the "intelligence" inferred in this thread is 'superior' intelligence and not your run-of-the-mill one. Also, my bad if I intruded where I ought not to. I was under the impression your following statement was directed to me:

"Of course, high level math isn't the sole indicator of a brilliant mind; but the kid is undeniably intelligent. There is no truth in what you say, only racism."

No, that was in response to MelaninKing's statement that the kid cannot be deemed "brilliant" based on math skills alone. My argument being that, while there are more than one type of brilliance, the kid is undeniably intelligent.

What do you mean by "superior" intelligence as opposed to "run of the mill". Sure, he may have better math skills than most other 12years olds (certainly better than mine LOL) but that doesn't mean in terms of intelligence he is superior to other children. Especially since there are many other people who are skilled in different ways. So yes, he is better than than the average 12year old in regards to math, but I wouldn't say he is superior to the average 12year old

quote:
quote:

Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?
The kid may understand math at ONLY the abstract level and fail miserably on the application side. Does this make him/her superior to the Physicist who is less adapt at Calculus but actually understands how to apply the formula to manufacture real world applications?

Brilliance is a relative term, and you and I obviously have different perceptions. Very likely because my first job at 18 was in High Energy Physics developing Masers and Atomic clocks.

Strange, that is exactly what I am saying here. The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Take your time. I never stated that the kid wasn't intelligent.
What I said was there are documented scientific reasons why some such as Einstein show talent in abstract areas of science that have nothing to do with "brilliance" or "Superior" intelligence, and more to do with an abnormal brain chemistry imbalance.
It's like I have a group of students who are dyslexic, and I design a test based on their special way of viewing and processing data. I am filthy rich and well connected and unbelievably I manage to get this test accepted as a standardized measure of intelligence. Are those in the future who manage to excel in the test then labeled as Geniuses, brilliant, or superior?
Over time, the answer is YES.

Math allows for prediction. This is how advance or technology based societies are built --you make the predictions on what the technology will do based on mathematical calculations. This is why it is superior intelligence.

An artist is brilliant in that he/she knows how to capture an image and replicate it. But lets be real, can an artist build a machine? A linguist may be brilliant at understanding language, but come on now, you wont find a linguist writing up a design to a rocket ship.

The point is, it takes superior intelligence to build advance or superior societies. Just look at Africa and the West, and I think you will get the drift, heh?

quote:
Originally posted by L':

What do you mean by "superior" intelligence as opposed to "run of the mill". Sure, he may have better math skills than most other 12years olds (certainly better than mine LOL) but that doesn't mean in terms of intelligence he is superior to other children. Especially since there are many other people who are skilled in different ways. So yes, he is better than than the average 12year old in regards to math, but I wouldn't say he is superior to the average 12year old

Are you merely a card carrying P.E.? Were you grandfathered to a license holder? Or did you also obtain at least an undergrad degree in Engineering besides the P.E. license (assuming you have one)? I am asking since you made it your business to put your business out there.

quote:
Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?

Posted by TruthAndRights (Member # 17346) on :

quote:
^Why are you hating on a little kid? [Roll Eyes]

I can't say if the man is 'hating' or not 'hating' but I know the first thing I thought when I read his initial response to the topic was:

"dam man, 'low di youth nuh" KMRT.... [Roll Eyes] SMH....

Anyway, big up the youth, and hopefully he will use his intelligence towards making things better for HUEmanity and Mama Earth....

Not that Im agreeing with you, but you might be onto something. Autistic people are sometimes brilliant you just have to kow how to make them reach their potential. I don't know if Imbalance is the right word for the mind of an Autistic person but they lack social skills and function different but alot of times they are brilliant on certain subjects.

On kid in a class I student taught, an autistic Kid never utterered a word until I mentioned Sharks it was crazy to see his response.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

What I said was there are documented scientific reasons why some such as Einstein show talent in abstract areas of science that have nothing to do with "brilliance" or "Superior" intelligence, and more to do with an abnormal brain chemistry imbalance.
It's like I have a group of students who are dyslexic, and I design a test based on their special way of viewing and processing data. I am filthy rich and well connected and unbelievably I manage to get this test accepted as a standardized measure of intelligence. Are those in the future who manage to excel in the test then labeled as Geniuses, brilliant, or superior?

quote:
Are you merely a card carrying P.E.? Were you grandfathered to a license holder? Or did you also obtain at least an undergrad degree in Engineering besides the P.E. license (assuming you have one)? I am asking since you made it your business to put your business out there.

quote:
Superior intelligence?
Superior to what?

No, I never needed or desired to get a P.E.
P.E.'s are generally mid-level engineers who require some other form of certification to enable their careers.
Probably only 1 out of 100 engineers bother to obtain the P.E. certification.
My knowledge is limited regarding the actual number but the few P.E.s I personally know are civil engineers.
As a Technology Futurist, the P.E. certification offers me no advantage.

I am sure there are some here who are familiar with the Fibonacci numbers in Nature and the Golden Ratio?

Math is found throughout Nature....

(while I had a college reading level by 6th grade, I was never good with and am not good with math) [Frown] [Embarrassed]

quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
I don't know if Imbalance is the right word for the mind of an Autistic person

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Imbalance is EXACTLY the correct term to use. Same with Dementia, and Parkinson's.

I once was given the task of keeping a young recruit squared away because he was so imbalanced, he didn't know how to tie his own shoes or even button his shirt. He was 24 yo, and headed to the Department Of defense's Weapons Design School. Like the kid above he could perform complex math in his head, so calculating missile trajectories and designing 6DOF coefficients was second nature to him.

Was he "brilliant"?
No, but I used to make a lot of money off of him check mating opponents in 4 chess moves.

^^^^
Me too Reading was and is my strong point not math. Math is nature and nature is math. Also it seems Africans tap into Fractals

http://tedxproject.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/ron-eglash-african-fractals/

quote:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[qb] [QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Well then, this threw me off:

"Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

The kid can learn higher level math, and therefore is brilliant is a conclusion only for those who embrace shallow wishful thinking and ignore facts and historic data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I."

^You tell me what you mean there. You also imply numerous times that he will be "insane" or "is insane"

quote:
The first part I agree on; i.e., that it is not a sign of superiority. However, it is brilliance. The kid has a brilliant mind, and hence is brilliant. As was Einstein. They were not "superior" to anybody, because they were intelligent in some ways whilst not in others; but to say they weren't brilliant is untrue.

quote:

They may have Genius, Brilliant, and Superior are all separate things, which do not equate to each other. That is, you can have brilliant geniuses who are intelligent in some ways (e.g., music, math, science etc.,) but they could be seriously lacking in other ways. So yes- the child has a brilliant mind (I wouldn't necessarily call him a genius yet) but he isn't superior to other people at all.

quote:
Math allows for prediction. This is how advance or technology based societies are built --you make the predictions on what the technology will do based on mathematical calculations. This is why it is superior intelligence.

It is in no way superior intelligence. It may be superb mathematical skills; but that does not equate to superior in intelligence to other people; especially since there are several other people who are brilliant in other ways. Who knows how well he will even be able to apply his knowledge

quote:
An artist is brilliant in that he/she knows how to capture an image and replicate it. But lets be real, can an artist build a machine? A linguist may be brilliant at understanding language, but come on now, you wont find a linguist writing up a design to a rocket ship.
All different kinds of brilliance that benefit society in different ways. To say that none of those fields have greatly influenced societies (past and present) would be incorrect.

quote:
The point is, it takes superior intelligence to build advance or superior societies. Just look at Africa and the West, and I think you will get the drift, heh?
I don't know what you mean. Africa and the West alike have several magnificent civilizations. To be honest though, I can think of more civilizations in Africa than I can in Europe.

^You are fvcking insane if you think Africa is on par with the West. The West sends scientists, engineers, technologists, doctors, bureaucrats, managers, etc... to build Africa. What does Africa send to the West that it does not have but needs (besides raw minerals)?

quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
[QB]
quote:
Originally posted by L':
[qb] [QUOTE]The kid is intelligent, that much is certain (even if you want to deny that for whatever reason).

Well then, this threw me off:

"Universal Truth can NEVER be hate, unless viewed by one who explores only surface level data.

Read the article, Look at the kid's picture, and do the research. You'd see the same pattern as I."

^You tell me what you mean there. You also imply numerous times that he will be "insane" or "is insane"

quote:
The first part I agree on; i.e., that it is not a sign of superiority. However, it is brilliance. The kid has a brilliant mind, and hence is brilliant. As was Einstein. They were not "superior" to anybody, because they were intelligent in some ways whilst not in others; but to say they weren't brilliant is untrue.

quote:

They may have Genius, Brilliant, and Superior are all separate things, which do not equate to each other. That is, you can have brilliant geniuses who are intelligent in some ways (e.g., music, math, science etc.,) but they could be seriously lacking in other ways. So yes- the child has a brilliant mind (I wouldn't necessarily call him a genius yet) but he isn't superior to other people at all.

quote:

It is in no way superior intelligence. It may be superb mathematical skills; but that does not equate to superior in intelligence to other people; especially since there are several other people who are brilliant in other ways. Who knows how well he will even be able to apply his knowledge

quote:
All different kinds of brilliance that benefit society in different ways. To say that none of those fields have greatly influenced societies (past and present) would be incorrect.

quote:
I don't know what you mean. Africa and the West alike have several magnificent civilizations. To be honest though, I can think of more civilizations in Africa than I can in Europe.

LOL, none of that states that I believe the kid is unintelligent. I simply have an issue with the "Brilliant" and "Superior" intelligent descriptors applied to someone who show promise in one small area. That's all.

Sanity is a relative term as well, but today we realize that insanity is the result of an imbalance in brain chemistry, generally a result of a dysfunction in the metabolism pathway(s).

^Yes, I would definitely call the child "brilliant" by the definition

b : distinguished by unusual mental keenness or alertness

Not superior to other children, but brilliant nonetheless

quote:
LOL, none of that states that I believe the kid is unintelligent. I simply have an issue with the "Brilliant" and "Superior" intelligent descriptors applied to someone who show promise in one small area. That's all.

Sanity is a relative term as well, but today we realize that insanity is the result of an imbalance in brain chemistry, generally a result of a dysfunction in the metabolism pathway(s).

As I said, your statement earlier threw me off.

Brilliant by definition he is. Not superior.

I cannot make sense of your whole "imbalance this and imbalance that" talk.

quote:
You are fvcking insane if you think Africa is on par with the West. The West sends scientists, engineers, technologists, doctors, bureaucrats, managers, etc... to build Africa. What does Africa send to the West that it does not have but needs (besides raw minerals)?
African civilization in general, yes. For example, Timbuktu was once the educational center of the world (to my understanding) while Europe... well, Europe wasn't. There are many great African civilizations, so how am I "insane"?

quote:
Originally posted by L':
[QUOTE]

I cannot make sense of your whole "imbalance this and imbalance that" talk.

Well, balance is important in everything that requires, stability.

The brain works much like a plain car battery.

Like a car battery, The brain requires a specific balance of chemical electrolytes to generate an ideal difference of potential to maintain the correct voltage (~70 MicroV) required to effectively fire synapses and to exchange/process data.
In the event of one of the other electrolytes being out of balance (Too high.Too low), it has a direct impact on the difference of potential (V level) in the brain and it finds itself operating in non-optimum conditions, and in worst case, leads to full time Maniac depression, Insomnia, homicidal rage, delusion. However, the candidate may excel in other areas, such as Math, Writing, Movie producing, Politics, etc., but be as dumb as bricks in many, many others, including by not limited to, Ethics.
Think of a Lawyer.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
African civilization in general, yes. For example, Timbuktu was once the educational center of the world (to my understanding) while Europe... well, Europe wasn't. There are many great African civilizations, so how am I "insane"?

For Pete's sake man!! Why must Afrocentrists parrot the same argument?!?! Timbuktu?! The manuscripts are all written in Arabic! What does that tell you, sir? It tells me that that culture was dominated by Arabs. So please, credit the correct author. Thank you.

I agree with Jari that imbalance may not be the right word here, but I overall agree. I maintain my position that the child is still a brilliant mind, but is not superior to other people.

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

quote:

Extreme racists have below-average IQs? Color me surprised. It's not like my experiences on this board have led me to a similar conclusion!

This is laughable as already debated here. Timbuktu was an African intellectual learning center. The Arabs themselves had nothing to do with the intellectual growth of Islam as it was Persians, Jews, Egyptians, Indians, Chinese etc. who gave their knowledge to the Muslims at their time. Alot of times their knowledge was stolen by Muslims.

The idea that "Arabs" brought knowledge to Africa is laughable as the Arabs themsleves were illiterate nomads until the 7th century.

When I see a Muslim Arab give credit to Christian Byzantium, Pagan Greece, Persia, Egypt, Hindu India and China the "Authors" of their culture will be they day Africans should Give credit to arabs for Timbucktu.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

For Pete's sake man!! Why must Afrocentrists parrot the same argument?!?! Timbuktu?! The manuscripts are all written in Arabic! What does that tell you, sir? It tells me that that culture was dominated by Arabs. So please, credit the correct author. Thank you.

quote:
Wow, lol. Refer to Jari's post. Also, hopefully this helps:

Timbuktu Scholars (click)

Modibo Mohammed Al Kaburi
He was a Fulani, a Jurist and Judge. He was fortunate to be a companion to many righteous scholars of the Sankore University. He was the scholar who developed the curriculum of Sankore. He was also known for his pious and devotional character.

Al Qadi Al Hajj
He was an eminent Jurist from Walata. God blessed Al Qadi with the function of Chief Judge of Timbuktu. He ordered the people of Timbuktu to recite half of a "hizb"or part of the Qur'an after noon and evening prayers.

Abu Abdallah And Ag Mohammed ibn Mohammed ibn Uthman
He was a Tuareg Jurist and had a wealth of knowledge. He was a virtuous and righteous man. He was descended from Ahmed Baba es Sudane. He was appointed Judge of Timbuktu.

Sheik Sidi Abu Al Barakaat Mahmud ibn Umar ibn Aqit
He was also known as Sheik Al Islam Abu Al Barakaat. He was the Supreme Judge of Timbuktu, Imam and the Dean of Sankore University. He was firm, pious, humble, modest, and had an excellent mastery of the Arabic language.

Al Moctar Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
He is known as An-Nahawi, meaning the grammarian. He was brilliant and was endowed by Allah with knowledge in all Islamic branches.

Abd Arahman Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
the name Ag, usually referred to "son of"-a common name among Tuareg scholars. Abd Arahman was a learned professor; he was gentle, and possessed Taqwa or God's concisouness.

Abu Al Abbas Ahmad Buryu ibn And Ag Mohammed ibn Utman
Humble, he yearned for the hereafter; Abu Al Abbas was not only pious, he was a great source of knowledge. Most scholars of Sankore benefited from his abundant wealth of knowledge.

Abu Abdallah And Ag Mohammed ibn Al Moctar 'n-Nawahi
He was appointed as the Imam and Dean of Sankore by the Qadi Mahmud. Like his father An-Nawahi, he was known for his excellent command of the Arabic language. Every year during the month of Ramadan, he gave captivating and fascinating commentaries of the "Kitab Ashiffa" of Qadi Iyad. The Ashiffa is a spiritual biography of the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).

Al Moctar ibn Mohammed ibn Al Moctar 'n-Nawahi ibn and Ag Mohammed
He was a Jurist, he loved singing the praises of the Messenger of God; he spent a great deal of his wealth for the "Festivities of Maulid" or the birthday of the Prophet.

Ahmed Baba Es Sudane
Descendent of Umar ibn Mohammed Aqit the Tuareg. He liked to be called Ahmed Baba, the black. At an early age, he dedicated his time to learning until he surpassed all his peers and contemporaries. He was the matchless Jurist, scholar and Imam of his time. His reputation spread all over Sub-Sahara Africa and North Africa. The Jurists of Timbuktu sought his advise in matters pertaining to legal decisions. He was a storehouse of Islamic knowledge. He firmly stood on truth in face of the Amirs and Kings. He had a library of 1600 manuscripts that was plundered during the Moroccan invasion of Timbuktu. He was deported to Fez in 1593. He authored 60 books (more than Shakespeare had written). He was called “Standard of Standards” by the Moroccans. He was also the student of the eminent black scholar Mohammed Bagayogo. He wrote excellent books on theology, grammar, history and Jurisprudence.

Mohammed Bagayogo Es Sudane Al Wangari Al Timbukti
His ancestors were the black scholars Wangari of the blessed city of Jenne. He was the Sheik and professor of Ahmed Baba Es Sudan. He was born in Timbuktu. He did all his studies in Timbuktu. He was one of the most eminent professors of both Sidi Yahya and Sankore Universities. He was without doubt a veritable Doctor of Islamic Sciences. This was confirmed when he stopped in Cairo on his way to Mecca. The scholars of Al Azhar University conferred on him the title of Doctor. He was a Jurist well versed in all branches of Islamic knowledge. He had a very busy schedule and loved imparting knowledge to people with great patience. He would loan his books to his students and friends and would not ask for them back. He was sincere in his intentions and actions. He loved people and people loved him. He was given the position of the supreme Judge of Timbuktu, which he kindly declined for fear of being unjust toward people. He lectured in all the Universities of the city. He wrote his own personal copies of the Holy Qur'an which are today with his descendent Baba Muhmud Hassay the actual Imam of Sidi Yahya Masjid. He possessed absolute mastery in the areas of Jurisprudence, Arabic Grammar, Prophetic Traditions, Logic, etc. He imparted knowledge to his students as well as received knowledge from them. He was humble and accepted truth wherever it came from.

The Professors and Imams of Jingaray Ber:
Jingaray Ber was built by Mansa Musa in 1325. This Masjid or University is 700 years old. Every Friday 9,000 people pray in this blessed Mosque. Among the list of eminent Scholars and Imams of the University of Jingare Ber are: Kaatib Musa, Sidi Abd Allah Al Balbali, Sidi Abu Al Kassim Tuwaati, Sidi Mansur Al Fezani, Ibrahim z-Zulfi, Ahmad the father of Nana Surgu (meaning the father of Nana the Tuareg woman), Sidi Ali Al Jazuli, Siddiq ibn Mohammed Ta'alla, Uthman ibn Al Hassan ibn Al Hajj at Tishiti, Mohammed Gididu al Fulani, Imam Ahmad ibn Imam Saddiq, Abd Arahman ibn Sayeed, Baba Alpha and Abderahman Ben Assuyut, the actual Imam.

The Professors and Imams of Sankore University:
As we said earlier, the Sankore Masjid was first built by Mandika people around the 12th century. It is located in the northeast district of Timbuktu. A Wangara or Mandika woman financed Sankore University making it the leading center of learning in West Africa at that time. The Moors and the Tuareg Sanhaja settled in the Sankore district around the 13th century. They contributed significantly to the intellectual life of the city. Sankore became very famous in the history of the University of Timbuktu. Among the scholars of Sankore are: Abu Al Baraaka, Mohammed Bagayogo, Ahmed Baba, And Ag Mohammed, Al Aqib ibn Faqi Muhmud, Abu Bakr ibn Ahmad Biru, Abd Arahman ibn Faqi Mahmud, Mohammed ibn Mohammed Kara and the actual Imam.

The Professors and Imams of Sidi Yahya University:
The Masjid of Sidi Yahya was built by Mohammed Naddi, one of the governors of the city appointed by the Mandika Dynasty. Mohammed Naddi was a friend of the Saint Sidi Yahya Al Andulusi. Sidi Yahya was the first Imam, scholar, professor, and saint of this Masjid. After him, there were: Mohammed Bagayogo, Saddiq, Mohammed Ben Al Wangari, Mohammed Ben Sayeed, Mohammed Ben Ahmadu, Ahmadu Ben Abdallah, Saleh Ben Mohammed, Salmay Al Wangari, Bagno Wangari, Baba Wangari, Ahmadu Bagno, Baba Alpha Umar, Al Imam Ahmadu, and the existing Imam Baba Mahmud Hassay, may Allah bless them for their valuable contributions.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
I agree with Jari that imbalance may not be the right word here

If it's not right, then what word does best explains this condition and side effect?
Not right to refute it while offering nothing.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

If it's not right, then what word does best explains this condition and side effect?

I don't know, imbalance just sounds wrong to me for some reason. Asymmetry sounds better, but hey, they both mean the same thing essentially.

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

MK - Your diagnosis was correct, the problem was with your label.

The Boy is a Savant.

Savant syndrome, sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations. Although not a recognized medical diagnosis, researcher Darold Treffert says the condition may be either genetic or acquired.

^OK, I agree, the label is what I had a problem with. TO further on the Savant Syndrome

quote:
Annotation:The savant syndrome
Pamela Heaton1 and Gregory L. Wallace2
1Psychology Department, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK; 2Social, Genetic & Developmental
Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK

Background: Whilst interest has focused on the origin and nature of the savant syndrome for over a
century, it is only within the past two decades that empirical group studies have been carried
out. Methods: The following annotation briefly reviews relevant research and also attempts to address
outstanding issues in this research area. Traditionally, savants have been defined as intellectually
impaired individuals who nevertheless display exceptional skills within specific domains. However,
within the extant literature, cases of savants with developmental and other clinical disorders, but with
average intellectual functioning, are increasingly reported. Results: We thus propose that focus
should diverge away from IQ scores to encompass discrepancies between functional impairments and
unexpected skills
. It has long been observed that savant skills are more prevalent in individuals with
autism than in those with other disorders. Therefore, in this annotation we seek to explore the
parameters of the savant syndrome by considering these skills within the context of neuro psychological accounts of autism
. A striking finding amongst those with savant skills, but without the diagnosis of
autism, is the presence of cognitive features and behavioural traits associated with the disorder.
Conclusions: [b]We thus conclude that autism (or autistic traits) and savant skills are inextricably
linked and we should therefore look to autism in our quest to solve the puzzle of the savant syndrome[b].
Keywords: Savant, autism, talent, intelligence

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

Are you serious? Not only as a racist do you have a low IQ, but by your naive statement in the other thread that "nothing has ever been omitted from the Bible", you were exposed as nothing more than a bible thumping, academic retard. If the scholarly tradition at Timbuktu was controlled by Arabs, we wouldn't see so many Ajami manuscripts. Plus, I'm sure you can't name one Arab scholar who taught at Timbuktu. L' has already named off like 50 local African ones.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

I don't know, imbalance just sounds wrong to me for some reason. Asymmetry sounds better, but hey, they both mean the same thing essentially.
Haha, Symmetry and Asymmetry are opposites where one (symmetry) means, proportionally balanced, and asymmetric means, imbalance.

LOL, you just prefer an ugly whore who's dressed up in a pretty dress, but that's cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
MK - Your diagnosis was correct, the problem was with your label.

The Boy is a Savant.

Savant syndrome, sometimes referred to as savantism, is a rare condition in which people with developmental disorders have one or more areas of expertise, ability, or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations. Although not a recognized medical diagnosis, researcher Darold Treffert says the condition may be either genetic or acquired.

Quite possible, but the CAUSE is generally always the same. Genetics. [Wink]

^What makes you assume all individuals have the same symmetry (or symmetric range)? In other words, some people may naturally have the capacity to tap into a broader range of mental function, and that the positive weight/effect given to one aspect may outweigh the negative effect/weight given to another aspect that is somehow dulled. This kind of egalitarian position is noble but it can't side-step the fact that some people are just all around stupid, like Afronut.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

Haha, Symmetry and Asymmetry are opposites where one (symmetry) means, proportionally balanced, and asymmetric means, imbalance.

LOL, you just prefer an ugly whore who's dressed up in a pretty dress, but that's cool.

I know what it means, which is what I stated in my post. As I told you, I don't feel as if imbalance is the right term, just sounds off in my opinion. Hence the reason why I said "but hey, the both mean the same thing essentially". In any event, Mike111 pointed out to us that the terminology being used was incorrect.

^ Actually, Mike wasn't addressing the imbalance portion, I think. He presented an example of an instance where this side-effect can be observed.

Like it or not, IMBALANCE is the PERFECT word to describe the events that occur in the brain.
It's what doctors, pharmacists, and even Depression medicine commercials use to describe the ratio of chemicals, relative to one another in the brain.

Chemical Imbalance Theory

The theory of chemical imbalance is the idea that an imbalance can occur in the amount and transmission of certain neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and dopamine. According to the National Center for Health and Wellness, the definition of chemical imbalance has recently been expanded to include imbalances in amino acids, vitamins and minerals.

Symptoms

Some mental disorders associated with the chemical imbalance theory are depression, anxiety, severe mood swings and panic attacks.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5514230_chemical-imbalance-brain.html

You guys claiming the kid is a savant have no idea what a savant is.

^ What is it?

quote:

Just somebody with detailed knowledge in a specialized field... Half of the people are autistic and another half with another developmental disability.

quote:
^ What is it?

Someone who isn't even able to communicate his knowledge, let alone teach it as the kid demonstrates since the balance/imbalance relationship is so severe. All evidence from observation suggests that the kid's mental faculties are for the most part in balance, nothing from the video confirms your speculation so to suggest that there's that kind of inference from this video is just pseudoscience.
quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:

Just somebody with detailed knowledge in a specialized field...
^That's what you call an 'expert'. This definition is out of context with the way Mike and M.K. uses it.

^OK MelaninKing, I did say that imbalance sounded wrong in my opinion. And yes, I do believe Mike111 was addressing the your use of the word imbalance:

quote:
Your diagnosis was correct, the problem was with your label

Your label being "imbalanced". I'll leave Mike to clarify on that though.

Maybe this will help:

quote:
\sa-ˈvänt, sə-, -ˈväⁿ; sə-ˈvant, ˈsa-vənt\
Definition of SAVANT
1: a person of learning; especially : one with detailed knowledge in some specialized field (as of science or literature)
2: idiot savant 1
See savant defined for English-language learners »

Examples of SAVANT
<a savant in the field of medical ethics>

Origin of SAVANT
French, from Middle French, from present participle of savoir to know, from Latin sapere to be wise — more at sage
First Known Use: 1719

idiot sa·vant noun
\ˈē-ˌdyō-sä-ˈväⁿ, or same as idiot and savant for respective sing and plural forms\
plural idiots savants\-ˌdyō-sä-ˈväⁿ(z)\ or idiot savants\-ˈväⁿ(z)\

Definition of IDIOT SAVANT
1: a person affected with a mental disability (as autism or mental retardation) who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (as mathematics or music) —called also savant

quote:
Originally posted by L':
^OK, I agree, the label is what I had a problem with. TO further on the Savant Syndrome

quote:
Annotation:The savant syndrome
Pamela Heaton1 and Gregory L. Wallace2
1Psychology Department, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK; 2Social, Genetic & Developmental
Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK

Background: Whilst interest has focused on the origin and nature of the savant syndrome for over a
century, it is only within the past two decades that empirical group studies have been carried
out. Methods: The following annotation briefly reviews relevant research and also attempts to address
outstanding issues in this research area. Traditionally, savants have been defined as intellectually
impaired individuals who nevertheless display exceptional skills within specific domains. However,
within the extant literature, cases of savants with developmental and other clinical disorders, but with
average intellectual functioning, are increasingly reported. Results: We thus propose that focus
should diverge away from IQ scores to encompass discrepancies between functional impairments and
unexpected skills
. It has long been observed that savant skills are more prevalent in individuals with
autism than in those with other disorders. Therefore, in this annotation we seek to explore the
parameters of the savant syndrome by considering these skills within the context of neuro psychological accounts of autism
. A striking finding amongst those with savant skills, but without the diagnosis of
autism, is the presence of cognitive features and behavioural traits associated with the disorder.
Conclusions: We thus conclude that autism (or autistic traits) and savant skills are inextricably
linked and we should therefore look to autism in our quest to solve the puzzle of the savant syndrome
Keywords: Savant, autism, talent, intelligence

^What I posted earlier. On Savant.

quote:
10 Most Fascinating Savants in the World

Sometimes the most amazing abilities of the human brain are revealed exactly when things go wrong with it. Take, for example, savants - people who have mental abilities that could only be characterized as superhuman (like having photographic memory, playing music perfectly after hearing it just once, or doing complex mathematical calculations in one's head) but otherwise severely disabled in every day cognitive functions and social interaction.

Does the human brain have latent savant-like abilities? Does our higher cognitive functions somehow block these abilities, and why? And can we have savant-like abilities without the accompanying autism and/or developmental disabilities? One intriguing study by Dr. Allan Snyder of the Centre for the Mind suggested that temporarily impairing the left fronto-temporal lobe in healthy subjects by low-frequency magnetic pulses could result in savant-like mental abilities (see, for example: article in New York Times "Savant for a Day")

Most savants are born with their abilities (and unfortunately, their developmental disorders), but not all: severe brain injuries can, in very rare instances, cause savant-like abilities to surface (see, for example: The Case of the "Sudden" Savant). One noted savant (Daniel Tammet, see below) is a highly functioning autistic savant who can perform amazing mental feats but does not have significant developmental disabilities.

There are a few savants in the world (called "prodigious savants") whose abilities are so exceptional that they would've been classified as phenomenal with or without cognitive disabilities. Let's take a look at 10 savants with superhuman mental skills:

http://www.neatorama.com/2008/09/05/10-most-fascinating-savants-in-the-world/

go to the link above...these 10 people are very interesting....

quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:
Maybe this will help:

quote:
Definition of SAVANT
1: a person of learning; especially : one with detailed knowledge in some specialized field (as of science or literature)

Examples of SAVANT

Origin of SAVANT
French, from Middle French, from present participle of savoir to know, from Latin sapere to be wise — more at sage

idiot sa·vant noun
\ˈē-ˌdyō-sä-ˈväⁿ, or same as idiot and savant for respective sing and plural forms\

1: a person affected with a mental disability (as autism or mental retardation) who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (as mathematics or music) —called also savant

Mike and M.K. clearly think the kid is an "idiot savant", based on nothing, which shows to me they don't understand the concept.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:
Maybe this will help:

quote:
Definition of SAVANT

Examples of SAVANT

Origin of SAVANT

idiot sa·vant noun

Mike and M.K. clearly think the kid is an "idiot savant", based on nothing, which shows to me they don't understand the concept.
I think if the youth wasn't 'white' that they wouldn't be calling him an 'idiot savant'....but hey, I could be very wrong on that- it's just a thought, lol....

Clearly not an "idiot savant". He does have detailed knowledge in mathematics though

quote:
I think if the youth wasn't 'white' that they wouldn't be calling him an 'idiot savant'....but hey, I could be very wrong on that- it's just a thought, lol....
Probably...

I'm not certain if this kid is a savant or not. We neither make definitions for the condition, nor set the boundaries of it's parameters.

Since the article is suggesting the Kid is Einstein like, and Einstein was not implicated as a true Savant, I see the kid as a young Ashkenazi who is able to communicate and easily grasp the fundamentals of math.

I think we'd require more specific information to refine the definition of his actual condition.
However, because of his Ashkenazi heritage, the probability is that he suffers from a mental chemical imbalance as did Albert Einstein, as do a very large percentage of the Ashkenazi populace.

^Where is the research on Ashkenazis that would justify your assumption? I'd like to see percentages as well so we can evaluate the reasonability of your assumption through probability.

^ It's throughout the forum dude, repeated in many threads.
It just so happens that these imbalances can be traced to the same chemical pathways as, Albinism, or, The Tyrosine/Dopamine chain which explains Albinism, Red hair, chemical imbalance. etc.

Once again, here is the metabolism chart.
 -

-

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Posted by Whatbox (Member # 10819) on :

This reminds me of the London wonder twins story. I think as we advance into the future Calculus will be taught earlier in High School and eventually at least late middle school.

A lot of children still struggle with math, though.

quote:
] ^ It's throughout the forum dude, repeated in many threads.
It just so happens that these imbalances can be traced to the same chemical pathways as, Albinism, or, The Tyrosine/Dopamine chain which explains Albinism, Red hair, chemical imbalance. etc.

Once again, here is the metabolism chart.

Likely, but if it's research that you rely on then I'd assume you have swift, organized access to the resources requested. It would be a larger inconvenience for me to search high and low through out the forum for any semblance of a study that supports your argument. Hence, here's your profile and as I browse, I only see references to Jews being criminals and homosexuals, in addition to some sort of distinct sub-race, but nothing about them sporting mental illnesses analogous to 'savant syndrome' that can then be applied to this individual case of a smart 12 year old, who you have associated for some reason with Ashkenazi jews.

-
1. Kim Peek, the Real Rain Man

Even though you've never heard of Kim Peek, chances are you've heard the movie Rain Man. Kim was the inspiration for the character played by Dustin Hoffman in the movie.

Kim Peek was born with severe brain damage. His childhood doctor told Kim's father to put him in an institution and forget about the boy. Kim's severe developmental disabilities, according to the doctor, would not let him walk let alone learn. Kim's father disregarded the doctor's advice.

Till this day, Kim struggles with ordinary motor skills and has difficulty walking. He is severely disabled, cannot button his shirt and tests well below average on a general IQ test.

But what Kim can do is astounding: he has read some 12,000 books and remembers everything about them. "Kimputer," as he is lovingly known to many, reads two pages at once - his left eye reads the left page, and his right eye reads the right page. It takes him about 3 seconds to read through two pages - and he remember everything on 'em. Kim can recall facts and trivia from 15 subject areas from history to geography to sports. Tell him a date, and Kim can tell you what day of the week it is. He also remembers every music he has ever heard.

Since the movie Rain Man came out, Kim and his father have been traveling across the country for appearances. The interaction turns out to be beneficial for him, as he becomes less shy and more confident.

2. Leslie Lemke
(youtube clip of him at link in my previous post)

Leslie Lemke didn't have a great start in life. He was born with severe birth defects that required doctors to remove his eyes. His own mother gave him up for adoption, and a nurse named May Lemke (who at the time was 52 and was raising 5 children of her own) adopted him when he was six months old.

As a young child, Leslie had to be force-fed to teach him how to swallow. He could not stand until he was 12. At 15, Leslie finally learned how to walk (May had to strap his fragile body to hers to teach him, step by step, how to walk).

At 16 years of age, Leslie Lemke bloomed. In the middle of one night, May woke up to find Leslie playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1. Leslie, who has no classical music training, was playing the piece flawlessly after hearing it just once earlier on the television.

From then on, Leslie began playing all styles of music from ragtime to classical. Like the Tchaikovsky piece, he only has to hear the music once in order to play it again perfectly. He became famous after being portrayed in national television shows. Before his health started to deteriorate, Leslie gave many concerts around the world.

-
3. Alonzo Clemons

As a toddler, Alonzo suffered a head injury in an accident that changed his life. He can't feed himself or tie his shoelaces, but he can sculpt.

And boy, can he sculpt: after seeing only a fleeting image of an animal on a TV screen, Alonzo could sculpt a perfect 3D figure of it, correct in each and every detail right down to the muscle fibers.

Check out Alonzo's official website, where you can purchase his sculptures: http://artsales.com/ARTists/Alonzo_Clemons/index.html

-
4. Gottfried Mind: Cat's Raphael

Gottfried Mind was one of the earliest savants in history. In 1776, the eight-year-old Gottfried was placed in an art academy, where his teachers noted that he was "very weak, incapable of hard work, full of talent for drawing, a strange creature, full of artist-caprices, along with a certain roguishness."

One day, Gottfried's mentor, a painter named Sigmund Hendenberger, was drawing a cat when Gottfried exclaimed "That is no cat!" The teacher asked whether he could do better and sent the child to a corner to draw. The cat that Gottfried drew was so lifelike that since then he became known as the Cat's Raphael:

In the course of his narrow, indoors life, he had worked himself into an almost paternal relation with domestic animals, especially with cats. While he sat painting, a cat might generally be seen sitting on his back or on his shoulder; many times he kept, for hours, the most awkward postures, that he might not disturb it. Frequently there was a second cat sitting by him on the table, watching how the work went on; sometimes a kitten or two lay in his lap under the table. Frogs (in bottle) floated beside his easel; and with all these creatures he kept up a most playful, loving style of conversation; though, often enough, any human beings about him, or such even as came to see him, were growled or grunted at in no social fashion. (Source)

(video at link previously provided):
5. Gilles Tréhin

Gilles Tréhin lives part-time in the city of Urville, in an island off the Côte d'Azur, between Cannes and St. Tropez. Never heard of it? That's because Urville exists only in his mind.

Since he was 5, Gilles taught himself to draw three dimensional objects. By 12, he started building a city he called "Urville" (after Dumont d'Urville, a French scientific base in the Antarctic). At first he used LEGO, but shortly thereafter, he realized that he could expand his imaginary city much easier with drawings.

-

Urville isn't just an idle idea - Gilles has 250 detailed drawings, complete "history" of the founding the the city, and has even published a book detailing it (Sneak peak at Google Books).

-
6. Jedediah Buxton

Jedediah Buxton, born in Derbyshire, England, in 1707, couldn't write. By all accounts, he has no knowledge of science or history or anything else for that matter except for numbers. Jedediah, as it turned out, was one of the world's earliest mental calculators and savants.

Everything was numbers to Jedediah - in fact, he associated everything he saw or experienced with numbers. He measured the area of the village he was born in simply by walking around it. When he saw a dance, his whole attention was to count the number of steps of the dancers. At a play, Jedediah was consumed with counting the number of words uttered by the actors.

The mental feat of Jedediah Buxton was tested by the Royal Society in 1754 - his mathematical brain was able to calculate numbers up to 39 figures.

-
7. Orlando Serrell

Orlando Serrell wasn't born autistic - indeed, his savant skills only came about after a brain injury. In 1979, then ten-year-old Orlando was playing baseball when the ball struck him hard on the left side of his head. He fell to the ground but eventually got up to continue playing.

For a while, Orlando had headaches. When they went away, he realized he had new abilities: he could perform complex calendar calculations and remember the weather every day from the day of the accident.

From Orlando's official website:

What makes Orlando Serrell so unique is that he may indeed hold the key that unlocks the genius in us all. Orlando Serrell did not possess any special skills until he was struck in the head by a baseball when he was 10. And his extraordinary gifts seem to be his only side effect. Could this mean once a key hemisphere in the brain is stimulated, we can all attain the level of genius Orlando posses and beyond? Only time and research will tell. Until then we will do well to keep our eyes on Orlando and learn what we can from his experience.

-
8. Stephen Wiltshire, the Human Camera
As a young child, Stephen Wiltshire was a mute - he was diagnosed as autistic and was sent to a school for special needs children. There, he discovered a passion for drawing - first of animals, then London buses, then buildings and the city's landmarks. Throughout his childhood, Stephen communicated through his drawings. Slowly, aided by his teachers, he learned to speak by the age of nine (his first word was "paper.")

Stephen has a particularly striking talent: he can draw an accurate and detailed landscape of a city after seeing it just once! He drew a 10 meter (~33 ft) long panorama of Tokyo following a short helicopter ride.

More info about Stephen Wiltshire: http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/

-
9. Ellen Boudreaux
Like Leslie Lemke, Ellen Boudreaux is a blind autistic savant with exceptional musical abilities. She can play music perfectly after hearing it just once, and has a such a huge repertoire of songs in her head that a newspaper reporter once tried to "stump Ellen" by requesting that she played some obscure songs - and failed. Ellen knew them all.

Ellen has two other savant skills that are unusual. First, despite her blindness, she is able to walk around without ever running into things. As she walks, Ellen makes little chirping sounds that seems to act like a human sonar (See also our post on Ben Underwood, a blind teen who uses echolocation to "see").

Second, Ellen has an extremely precise digital clock ticking in her mind. To help overcome her fear of the telephone, Ellen's mom coaxed her to listen to the automatic time recording (the "time lady") when she was 8. From then on, Ellen knows the exact hour and minute, any time of the day without ever having seen a clock nor have the concept of the passing of time explained to her.

For more info on Ellen, see: http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant_syndrome/savant_profiles/ellen

]
10. Daniel Tammet: Brainman

At first glance, you won't be able to tell that Daniel Tammet is anything but normal. Daniel, 29, is a highly functioning autistic savant with exceptional mathematical and language abilities.

Daniel first became famous when he recited from memory Pi to 22,514 decimal places (on 3/14, the International Pi Day, of course) to raise funds for the National Society for Epilepsy.

Numbers, according to Daniel, are special to him. He has a rare form of synesthesia and sees each integers up to 10,000 as having their own unique shapes, color, texture and feel. He can "see" the result of a math calculation, and he can "sense" whether a number is prime. Daniel has since drawn what pi looks like: a rolling landscape full of different shapes and colors.

Daniel speaks 11 languages, one of which is Icelandic. In 2007, Channel Five documentary challenged him to learn the language in a week. Seven days later, Daniel was successfully interviewed on Icelandic television (in Icelandic, of course!).

When he was four years old, Daniel had bouts of epilepsy that, along with his autism, seemed to have brought about his savant abilities. Though he appears normal, Daniel contends that he actually had to will himself to learn how to talk to and behave around people:

As he describes in his newly published memoir, “Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant” (Free Press), he has willed himself to learn what to do. Offer a visitor a drink; look her in the eye; don’t stand in someone else’s space. These are all conscious decisions.

Recently, some friends warned him that in his eagerness to make eye contact, he tended to stare too intently. “It’s like being on a tightrope,” he said. “If you try too hard, you’ll come off. But you have to try.” (Source)

There is a big difference between Daniel Tammet and all the other prodigious savants in the world: Daniel can tell you how he does it and that makes him invaluable to scientists trying to understand the savant syndrome:

Professor Allan Snyder, from the Centre for the Mind at the Australian National University in Canberra, explains why Tammet is of particular, and international, scientific interest. "Savants can't usually tell us how they do what they do," says Snyder. "It just comes to them. Daniel can. He describes what he sees in his head. That's why he's exciting. He could be the Rosetta Stone." (Source)

More info about Daniel Tammet:

•Official website: http://www.optimnem.co.uk/ and blog
•60 Minutes Interview
•Born on a Blue Day, Daniel's autobiography (Daniel was born on a Wednesday, a day he perceived as blue).
•Daniel Tammet - The Boy with the Incredible Brain (5 clips)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be the first to admit that we have only scratched the surface of the fascinating topic of savant syndrome. If you are interested, here are some suggested websites by Darold A. Treffert, the world's foremost expert on savant syndrome, for further reading:

•Savant Syndrome, Darold Treffert's website at the Wisconsin Medical Society
•Islands of Genius [PDF], a Scientific American article by Darold Treffert and Gregory Wallace

quote:
[QUOTE]I only see references to Jews being criminals and homosexuals

So, I read the newspaper, and actually THINK about and trace an issue to it's source, don't you, or are you like others who simply switch on B.E.T. with no understanding of it's programming, and it's purpose? Bear in mind, B.E.T. programming is intended for 16 year old and younger audiences.

Regarding Ashkenzais, I find myself in good company with Garvey, DuBois, MLK, Malc X, Jesse Jackson, BIKO, Amin, Farrakhan, Diop, Bernal, and millions of others.
What's your point, if you actually have one other than your displeasure me pointing out flaws in your future pay masters?

Anyway, a brief understanding of Albinism and the chart above should suffice to solidify the point, for those who are wlling.

^No, I only wish to evaluate why it is you think the boy has a mental illness. I can only evaluate this by evaluating the sources you use to come by that kind of conclusion. Name-dropping is one thing, posting the source of your information is another. How else do you expect people to buy anything you're saying if no one else reputable agrees? OR, do you have any persuasive research of your own to show? A metabolism chart is not research, it does not speak for its self. We need some one qualified to interpret the data and place it within the same context. If that's you, do you have anything extensive that we can review, like an essay or paper where you explain your findings and rebut counter arguments (don't care if it isn't published)?

^ Such a paper would never see the light of day in a mainstream publication any more so than a mainstream acknowledgement of Black Africans created Egypt or the early lepers were actually albinos.
However, there are many medical & scientific studies that indirectly confirm just that.
I have researched and posted them and They are here on ES for all to view.
Check out Marc, "Europeans are recent to Europe" thread where much of the information is posted.

I actually went back and read the article again, and have to say, this kid doesn't sound as informed on physics any more than my 15 year old son who's interested in a career in Astrophysics.
His calculation of the Big Bang is crude with a degree of error measured in magnitudes, and it's still highly speculative. Almost like dreaming. He makes a number of serious mistakes in his proposed assumptions and I'm actually surprised the newspaper did not correct them.
One major example being his comment that the Bang was massive, when in fact it was microscopic.
Or that the heat decreased because of it's original size versus expansion.

I see this article as yet more Ashkenazi hype. There is no telling where this kid will be 10 years from now, or if his mathematic gifts will mature.
Perhaps in 10 years he'll be working at his uncle's financial management firm.

quote:
^ Such a paper would never see the light of day in a mainstream publication any more so than a mainstream acknowledgement of Black Africans created Egypt or the early lepers were actually albinos.
However, there are many medical & scientific studies that indirectly confirm just that.
I have researched and posted them and They are here on ES for all to view.
Check out Marc, "Europeans are recent to Europe" thread where much of the information is posted.

I said I didn't care if it was published. Clyde does write ups all of the time and posts them here for scrutiny. It so happens a lot of it doesn't get published likely due to the same criticisms he receives here, but to a lesser extent also because of the attitude you've alluded to. Marc has no such thread title in his profile and google didn't find it so I'm not searching anymore.

quote:
I actually went back and read the article again, and have to say, this kid doesn't sound as informed on physics any more than my 15 year old son who's interested in a career in Astrophysics.
His calculation of the Big Bang is crude with a degree of error measured in magnitudes, and it's still highly speculative. Almost like dreaming. He makes a number of serious mistakes in his proposed assumptions and I'm actually surprised the newspaper did not correct them.

So do you think he has a mental illness now or has your theory changed? If so, would that not demonstrate that your original theory that he had some type of mental illness was based on nothing but scientific reverse racism (the counter Rushton)?

quote:
[QUOTE]I said I didn't care if it was published. Clyde does write ups all of the time and posts them here for scrutiny.

I understand.

Dr. winters is publishing papers and articles in his field of study. I do also, in engineering. I just completed a white paper on using NASA technology to extend operating temperatures of commercially Of The Shelf Computers which will allow them to be used in deep space missions.

I have tons of additional research to perform before I would feel comfortable about releasing a paper challenging the status quo. Plus, if I did, I'd find it increasingly difficult to get engineering work from those of which I'd be writing. They do hold grudges!

As far as the propagation of bad genetics among the Ashkenazi, there is no dispute. The data comes from their own websites.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Health/genetics.html

That these same autosomal diseases also impact "symmetry" in brain chemistry is also indisputable.
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/31/bipolar-disorder-your-thoughts/

To be honest, Egyptology, African history, and most other subjects covered on this site are merely hobbies of interest.
One of hundreds that I have.
I'll leave it to you future PROS to write the papers. I'm simply interjecting my opinions based on several years of casual research to explain why things are the way they presently are.

quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
This reminds me of the London wonder twins story. I think as we advance into the future Calculus will be taught earlier in High School and eventually at least late middle school.

A lot of children still struggle with math, though.

MK - Do try to be polite, except for Sundjata, I think we all understand where you are going - BTW I'm impressed by the thoughtfulness you have given the subject.

Whatbox - That's exactly what we DON'T want! Unless you don't care about your children - if you have any.

At the center of this debate, is the intuitive understanding that the current human mind has a definable capacity - we have not quantified it with a number, but we know that it exists, because of people like Savants.

As MK has pointed out, these "Geniuses" invariably display mental disabilities in other areas. Sometimes something as seemingly benign as social ineptitude - but it will be something!

MK - seems to feel that this is due to the prevalence of one particular chemical over the others.

Whereas I am more inclined to think of it in terms of one area of the brain being over-excited, while other areas are atrophying, due to a lack of stimulation - of course this could go right back to MKs chemicals.

Whatbox, MK pointed out a realistic scenario for these "Geniuses". They lack the ability to function adequately in "Normal" society. But their exceptional skills in the ability to calculate can't be lost. Therefore they will be sequestered away, to act as human computers.

Trekies will remember the episode were Spock's brain was removed, and used as a controller for the functioning of an alien planet of bodacious babes - old concept.

WhatBox- Yeah, it is like the wonder twins in a way

quote:
As MK has pointed out, these "Geniuses" invariably display mental disabilities in other areas. Sometimes something as seemingly benign as social ineptitude - but it will be something!
[Confused]

What is this based on exactly? That is, where did you come up with the idea that the child displays disabilities in other areas? Sure, he may have problems with social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests, but that is because of his aspergers syndrome. So... what are you basing that statement on??

On another matter that I feel doesn't deserve it's own thread: What the hell are the threads being created for MAC converter and other advertisements? Why are those allowed...

ES is dying [Frown]

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]I said I didn't care if it was published. Clyde does write ups all of the time and posts them here for scrutiny.

I understand.

Dr. winters is publishing papers and articles in his field of study. I do also, in engineering. I just completed a white paper on using NASA technology to extend operating temperatures of commercially Of The Shelf Computers which will allow them to be used in deep space missions.

I have tons of additional research to perform before I would feel comfortable about releasing a paper challenging the status quo. Plus, if I did, I'd find it increasingly difficult to get engineering work from those of which I'd be writing. They do hold grudges!

As far as the propagation of bad genetics among the Ashkenazi, there is no dispute. The data comes from their own websites.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Health/genetics.html

That these same autosomal diseases also impact "symmetry" in brain chemistry is also indisputable.
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/31/bipolar-disorder-your-thoughts/

To be honest, Egyptology, African history, and most other subjects covered on this site are merely hobbies of interest.
One of hundreds that I have.
I'll leave it to you future PROS to write the papers. I'm simply interjecting my opinions based on several years of casual research to explain why things are the way they presently are.

I see. I'll let it go. I guess I took issue with your basic assumption that this kid must have a mental illness. That this is just a 'hobby' makes no difference if you understand the material enough to form an opinion. Was just trying to get at the root of yours but I guess as you've implied, such is a topic too broad for the confines of this thread. Carry on. [Smile]

-

quote:
Originally posted by L':
quote:
[Confused]

What is this based on exactly? That is, where did you come up with the idea that the child displays disabilities in other areas? Sure, he may have problems with social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests, but that is because of his aspergers syndrome. So... what are you basing that statement on??(

A "Normal" child does not have aspergers syndrome!

And that is my point, a child with abnormally HIGH abilities in one area, MUST have abnormally LOW abilities in one or more other areas - the Brain has a limited capacity.

Think of the Brain as a beaker with liquid. Standing upright everything is in balance. But if tilted, a greater amount will be on one side, at the expense of the other sides - but most noticeably, on the opposite side. If the Brain is ever mapped, I would be very interested in knowing exactly which areas are impoverished by enrichment of others.

^ We need more data!

quote:
A "Normal" child does not have aspergers syndrome!
How exactly do you define "normal"?

quote:
And that is my point, a child with abnormally HIGH abilities in one area, MUST have abnormally LOW abilities in one or more other areas - the Brain has a limited capacity.
LOL! You have absolutely NO way of knowing if the child has mental disabilities in other areas. He may not be as good in other areas as he is in math, but your claim is based on nothing.

quote:
Think of the Brain as a beaker with liquid. Standing upright everything is in balance. But if tilted, a greater amount will be on one side, at the expense of the other sides - but most noticeably, on the opposite side. If the Brain is ever mapped, I would be very interested in knowing exactly which areas are impoverished by enrichment of others.
Again, just because he is exceptionally bright in mathematics, does not mean he is terrible in other areas. You make it seem as if it is impossible to be good at multiple subjects. You have no way of knowing how well he does in English, science, etc., for all you know, he could get Bs and As in those subjects. Your statement makes no sense

Posted by Confirming Truth (Member # 17678) on :

You know what is comical yet sad and pathetic in all this, you respondents have gone out of your way to rationalize the gifted intelligence of this lad just because he is white! This is some serious racial-psychosis you suffer! Very revealing!

Thank you for participating in this study.

L' - You seem to equate brain function exclusively with formal educational skills. That is not the case, everything that you are, and that you do, is the result of learning - i.e. brain function.

Hate to be sophomoric, but just knowing when a girl means yes, when she says no, is a learned skill requiring brain power. Think of how important that is, a mistake means jail!

BTW - That is exactly why IQ tests are a bogus invention of the learned elite.

quote:
L' - You seem to equate brain function exclusively with formal educational skills. That is not the case, everything that you are, and that you do, is the result of learning - i.e. brain function.
How about I quote you:

quote:
What area is he exceptionally high in- math. That means, that the "other areas" would fall into science, English, etc., either that, or you just worded that very poorly. Your words, not mine

quote:
Hate to be sophomoric, but just knowing when a girl means yes, when she says no, is a learned skill requiring brain power. Think of how important that is, a mistake means jail!
Isn't every skill a learned skill requiring brain power? Which would include, science, math, language etc., and I repeat, you have no idea how well the child is in those areas or any other for that matter.

quote:
BTW - That is exactly why IQ tests are a bogus invention of the learned elite.
Yup, pretty much

MK - On the subject of the Jews, and their power in media etc. Who but a Jew like Einstein, could possibly get the world to take seriously his theory of Special relativity?

I mean, is there a high school student who doesn't understand that what were see, is by the time we see it, already no more in existence, we only see a picture of what was.

And that regardless of how fast we travel toward the source, all we will see is a picture of the source, relative to the speed of light and our distance from the source.

i.e. When we see a star a billion light years away, what we are seeing is the star as it WAS a billion years ago. If we move 500 million light years closer, we are seeing the star as it WAS 500 million years ago - we did NOT go forward in time! We just got closer to the source.

Posted by Mugisha (Member # 6729) on :

quote:
MK - On the subject of the Jews, and their power in media etc. Who but a Jew like Einstein, could possibly get the world to take seriously his theory of Special relativity?

I mean, is there a high school student who doesn't understand that what were see, is by the time we see it, already no more in existence, we only see a picture of what was.

And that regardless of how fast we travel toward the source, all we will see is a picture of the source, relative to the speed of light and our distance from the source.

i.e. When we see a star a billion light years away, what we are seeing is the star as it WAS a billion years ago. If we move 500 million light years closer, we are seeing the star as it WAS 500 million years ago - we did NOT go forward in time! We just got closer to the source.

Mike
Jews have a history of uncovering old and ancient information, hoarding it, repackaging and presenting it as their own.

They finance and control most of these digs at historic sites and once something significant is found, they steal it away to Israel or the US and have exclusive control over it to (1) determine it's social & financial impact on the world, (2) determine if it may somehow discredit their own misrepresented past, (3) determine if it's something that can be reintroduced for financial/political/social gain.

The Dead Sea Scrolls is one case in point.

Another is the recently found copy of the Gospel Of Judas, found in a New York safe deposit box of a long dead Jewish woman.
The only other available scroll is at the Vatican, and they ain't allowing anyone to see it.

The one real talent of the Jews I wish Africans could pick up on is their solidarity. If they don't, African is lost within the next 100 years.
However, I wouldn't wish to gain it by being trapped in a cave and forced to eat one another or interbred with my sister, as Jews have done resulting in their globally shared destroyed DNA integrity.

No doubt that if this young Ashkenazi matures and develops his skills, they will not be used to research the design of a Hydrogen to Food processing plant to feed the world. Rather, he will be deployed to do what Jews do best, build something that destroys in observance with the hateful & revengeful God they worship.

Do I sense some Antisemitism here? Oh the irony! Black people discriminating against Jews. Irony indeed

Refute the data, or simply ignore.

That Ashkenazi (not Semite) victimization stuff has played out.

^I don't see any data; do you?

It was you who made the emotional claim based upon what was said. Refute it or continue to claim what is not.
Doesn't matter to us. The exercise is solely for your own redemption.

What "emotional" claim? I asked a question, which was, "do I sense some Antisemitism here". I went on to make a statement where I stated that it is ironic for blacks to be discriminating

Anser: No I'm Anti-Zionist.

Semites are comprised of Hebrews and Arabs.
Why is it that Ashkenazi Jews discriminate against their darken brethren, the Sephardic, and Arabs.
They go out of their way to demean the Sephardic, and out of their way to murder, frame, and indict Arabs.

Are Ashkenazi's Anti-Semitic?

Could've fooled me. You seem to speak of Jews with disdain though.

Is that in comparison to the disdain Ashkenazi's shower onto their Sephardic and Arab brothers, or is that beyond question?

Posted by A Simple Girl (Member # 18316) on :

MK have you ever heard of Gregory Smith? His IQ was so high that they had no test to measure it. I saw a home movie with him saying his ABC'S at the age of six months. He was reading and memorizing whole books at age 1. He had a masters degree by the age of 16. Other than the fact that he is a super genius he seems to be completely normal otherwise.

People can be immensely intelligent without having problems.

-

^^^^
Cool, I always like Super Geniuses!!! I hope he ends up putting his mind to good work rather than weapons and desruction.

^ He's a world activist for peace.

Gregory R. Smith entered college at 10 years old and was first nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize at 12 years old.

Need I say more?

Actually, I probably do.

Simple one, what could a 12 year old POSSIBLY have done, to EARN a Peace Prize nomination?

What else is pure bullsh1t?

Is this kid Jewish?

I doubt he's jewish. Does it really matter? Here's some more info.

http://www.virginia.edu/insideuva/2006/09/finals_smith.html

I am always suspicious of hype. Genius and World peace activist, yet probably doesn't shave yet?

Posted by Whatbox (Member # 10819) on :

Special Asian boy with Freakishly large brain wins spelling bee!

[Smile] LOL that's Mike111 and MK interviewing him.

Lol, had to comment [Big Grin]

This thread died as fast as it thrived LOL!

quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
Special Asian boy with Freakishly large brain wins spelling bee!

[Smile] LOL that's Mike111 and MK interviewing him.

I can't believe I missed this one!! LOOOORD OF MERCY!!!! [Big Grin]

I thought this one was real cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzCWy_RjGM&feature=related

^^ Oh my daaaayz my daughter can't do that!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Are you sure she wasn't imitating someone in front of her? [Roll Eyes]

OKay, that toddler is a super-duper genius and adorable. Aside from that, the mother deserves to be whooped with a cat-o'nine tails by 10 muggy camel riding bedouins, just for speaking with that annoying voice!

quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Girl:

quote:
OKay, that toddler is a super-duper genius and adorable. Aside from that, the mother deserves to be whooped with a cat-o'nine tails by 10 muggy camel riding bedouins, just for speaking with that annoying voice!

quote:

LOL

This one is just 12 months old and can already read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJ4OvDCqkI&playnext=1&list=PLD95B8EF7AF773D86

This is simply uncanny! Is that possible?

quote:
This one is just 12 months old and can already read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJ4OvDCqkI&playnext=1&list=PLD95B8EF7AF773D86

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpfVlhnJ-mI

FNORD!!

I don't get it, all my little siblings knew how to touch their head, feet, etc., not surprising. Lots of Sprout and PBS [Wink]

The reading thing is becoming more common now. Didn't surprise me as much either, ever seen that commercials?

There is a video with the girl who has the highest IQ in the world. That did surprise me. She's already in MENSA when she was six... I'll try to find the video

Posted by the lioness (Member # 17353) on :

What happens in many of these cases is that the person peaks at a very early age but doesn't continue becoming smarter at an advanced pace. In many cases they have machine-like abilities not creative abilities.

WOW [Eek!]

Michael Kearney is the youngest college graduate at age 10. He spoke his first words at 4 months. At 6 months he told his pediatrician that he had a left ear infection. And was reading by the age of 10 months.

He has tested to have one if not the highest IQ's in the world.

-

Youngest MENSA member:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV7AwmMyFl0

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
What happens in many of these cases is that the person peaks at a very early age but doesn't continue becoming smarter at an advanced pace. In many cases they have machine-like abilities not creative abilities.

Ya Mugs, WOW!

Lioness has a Brain!

WOW!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com