This is topic DNA Extraction from Neolithic site of Tell Halula in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005251

Posted by Evergreen (Member # 12192) on :

Mitochondrial DNA genetic relationships at the ancient Neolithic site of Tell Halula

Fernandez et al.

Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series 1 (2008) 271–273

Abstract

The aim of the study was to establish familiar relationship among individuals buried at different archaeological phases and houses from the Neolithic site of Tell Halula (Syria, 8800 B.P.). Sixty-six samples belonging to 50 different individuals were studied, and a fragment of 300 bp of mitochondrial DNA HVRI was amplified in the whole sample. It was possible to recover 20 authenticated mitochondrial DNA sequences (30,7%) in the analyzed sample. The obtained mitochondrial DNA results suggest possible relationships not only among individuals buried into different archaeological phases of the same house but also through different houses from different archaeological phases. These results point at an homogeneous population structure of this Neolithic community. The amount of recovered sequences indicates the extent of preservation of critical samples in a dry and hot soil.

"All the recovered haplotypes belong to major European haplogroups except for H37 and also probably H43, which could be assigned toWest African haplogroup L2a."

Posted by Sundjata (Member # 13096) on :

^Thanks for posting Evergreen!
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:

"All the recovered haplotypes belong to major European haplogroups except for H37 and also probably H43, which could be assigned toWest African haplogroup L2a." [/QB]

That would be 2/20 = 1/10.

-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^L2a has to be the most ubiquitous haplotype ever, jeeze. They call it "West" African but it's found all through out the continent.

Evergreen Writes:

It should be noted that Fernandez extracted mtDNA haplogroup L2a1 at the Sumerian site of Mari, circa 2550 BC.

Source:

Polimorfismos de DNA mitocondrial en poblaciones antiguas de la cuenca mediterránea.

Fernández Domínguez, E.

(2005)

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

quote:
Mitochondrial DNA genetic relationships at the ancient Neolithic site of Tell Halula

Fernandez et al.

Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series 1 (2008) 271–273

Abstract

The aim of the study was to establish familiar relationship among individuals buried at different archaeological phases and houses from the Neolithic site of Tell Halula (Syria, 8800 B.P.). Sixty-six samples belonging to 50 different individuals were studied, and a fragment of 300 bp of mitochondrial DNA HVRI was amplified in the whole sample. It was possible to recover 20 authenticated mitochondrial DNA sequences (30,7%) in the analyzed sample. The obtained mitochondrial DNA results suggest possible relationships not only among individuals buried into different archaeological phases of the same house but also through different houses from different archaeological phases. These results point at an homogeneous population structure of this Neolithic community. The amount of recovered sequences indicates the extent of preservation of critical samples in a dry and hot soil.

"All the recovered haplotypes belong to major European haplogroups except for H37 and also probably H43, which could be assigned toWest African haplogroup L2a."

Evergreen - Those of us who actually know something about this, would very much like for you to EXPLAIN this statement:

Quote: "All the recovered haplotypes belong to major
"European" haplogroups except for H37 and also probably H43, which could be assigned to West African haplogroup L2a."

Mtdna Haplogroups in parentheses ( )

Tell Halula [H3, H4, H45] 6800-6000 BC (H or K) 2 complete HVRI samples 16224C and one incomplete Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H25] 6800-6000 BC (?) Incomplete HVRI with 16327T Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H68] 6800-6000 BC (T2b) 16266T, 16294T, 16304C Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H24 ] 6800-6000 BC (T2b) Incomplete HVRI with 16294T, 16304C 16230T Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H53] 6800-6000 BC (H5) 16304C Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H7, H36] 6800-6000 BC (K?) 2 samples 16311C, one incomplete HVRI Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H49] 6800-6000 BC (R?) 16223T Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H37] 6800-6000 BC (L2a1) 16223T, 16261T, 16278T, 16294T, 16309G Fernández 2008
Tell Halula [H43] 6800-6000 BC (L2a1) Incomplete HVRI with 16261T, 16278T, 16294T, 16309G

Haplogroup H is a human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroup that likely originated in Southwest Asia/Middle East 25,000-30,000 YBP.

Haplogroup K appears in West Eurasia, North Africa, and South Asia and in populations with such an ancestry.

Mitochondrial (mtDNA) Haplogroup T derives from the haplogroup JT, which also gave rise to haplogroup J. Haplogroup T is thought to have originated in Mesopotamia and/or the Fertile Crescent (modern Syria and Turkey) approximately 10,000-12,000 years ago, and then moved northwest in to Europe and east as far as modern Pakistan and India.

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

I believe this is a quote from the study, which was a doctoral thesis by Eva Fernández Domínguez;

The "surprising conclusion":

Haplotype and haplogroup frequencies in the ancient samples from Middle East and the Iberian Peninsula are clearly different from those present nowadays in the same geographical regions.

Haplogroups related to neolithic expansion to Europe - J, U3, W and X - are absent in ancient Middle Eastern samples.

Posted by Manu (Member # 18974) on :

L2a is not West African.

It is found almost everywhere in Africa, but usually with distinct regional clusters. It presumably originated somewhere in North-Central Africa.

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

quote:

I presume the African haplogroups were brought in by Mushabian-influenced people, but who are these people with European haplogroups?

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
quote:

I presume the African haplogroups were brought in by Mushabian-influenced people, but who are these people with European haplogroups?
Evergreen Writes:

I doubt there are any specific "European" haplogroups. English is not the authors primary language. I assume he means "Eurasian".

Posted by KING (Member # 9422) on :

To say that European lineages were in Syria, would mean to claim that these people were the direct decendents of Europeans. Which is probable but may be in error.

One thing I will say is that the L2a is very interesting. You hope with time we will hear just how deep Africans penetrated into the ME.

Truthcentric said that the Mushabians had African genes and I don't doubt him. What I want to know is how anyone knows for sure that L2a is West African. Sundjata said its found throughout the continent.

Wonder if these people had any E1b1b.

Peace

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
To say that European lineages were in Syria, would mean to claim that these people were the direct decendents of Europeans. Which is probable but may be in error.

One thing I will say is that the L2a is very interesting. You hope with time we will hear just how deep Africans penetrated into the ME.

Truthcentric said that the Mushabians had African genes and I don't doubt him. What I want to know is how anyone knows for sure that L2a is West African. Sundjata said its found throughout the continent.

Wonder if these people had any E1b1b.

Peace

Evergreen Writes: Great question, though it's probable that the mtDNA lineage L2a1 is correlated with y chromosome E1b1 (PN2 clade). Spreading east and west from south of a dessicating Mega Chad region at the beginning of the LGM.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com