This is topic Soccer Violence in Egypt in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006255

Posted by The Explorer (Member # 14778) on :

74 reportedly died as a result. There are reports about the blame being placed on the ruling military junta; that is to say, they purposely relaxed on security as a gesture of vengeance against the "Ultras", who happen to be al Ahli fans, while others predicated it on a plan to provide pretext for heavy-handed suppression by the military in future. Whatever the case, why did the fans allow it to happen at all, since it is not exactly what can be considered to be on the revolutionary path, or were these government-planted agent provocateurs, as some have insinuated?

Posted by Troll Patrol (Member # 18264) on :

I think it's the most dramatic occurrence of soccer history.

Posted by Brada-Anansi (Member # 16371) on :

Why the hell are Egyptians adopting Euro style hooliganism and surpassing them in the first place.

Posted by africurious (Member # 19611) on :

^Adopting? Egyptians have been doing this a long while now. Even Algerians are like this. It's sad for so many to die for this crap tho.

This military govt is very suspect. How the f are they allowing crimes to increase (this and notably attacks on christians) yet when the ppl are ready to protest their ineptitude or authoritarianism then all of a sudden there are cops all over the place to suppress them.

Posted by KoKaKoLa (Member # 19312) on :

^^ algrians are less savage than the Egyptians.
(lower)Egyptians are the wildest people in North Africa.
Remember when they attacked The Algerian and Tunisians soccer teams before they went hunting on Tunisians and Algerians citizens when they were defeated?

Posted by africurious (Member # 19611) on :

^yup, i remember.

Posted by IronLion (Member # 16412) on :

Yes, I remember too. Heart-breaking.

But Kokakola, you can be sooooo blunt and direct sometimes....

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com