This is topic Colours: Skin, Sea, Soil in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009289

Posted by DD'eDeN (Member # 21966) on :

Does anyone find historical significance in this?

Yellow Sea - Yellow People - Yellow Soil (Loess)
Black Sea - Black People - Black Soil (Loam)
White Sea - White People - White Soil (Snow)
Red Sea - Red People - Red Soil (Sand)(Eryth/Edom)

There was an area northwest of India called Afica and Kush

Is it possible that 'Africa' derived from the same linguistic root as 'apricot', referring to the soil (sand/savanna) color and skin tone of Khoi-San (outside the Tropical rainforest)?

I guess I'm wondering if: 'Black Africans' lived around the Black Sea, 'White Europeans' lived around the White Sea, 'Yellow East-Asiatics' lived around the Yellow Sea; then warming & more rain moved people outwardly to former deserts where sand-colored (camouflage) H&G nomads survived transiting between seasonal oases.

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

He,he,he,he:
Now that's a novel approach to anthropology.

Posted by the lioness, (Member # 17353) on :

the various seas are not named according to the people who lived around them

Posted by Mike111 (Member # 9361) on :

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
the various seas are not named according to the people who lived around them

How do you know that?

Posted by Brada-Anansi (Member # 16371) on :

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't the Black Sea is so named because of the blackish tint of the water and is known as a devourer of ships.
The Ethiopian sea well that's self evident also what is known to be the Red Sea was known back in the era before the Greeks as Km wr or the Black sea more than likely relating to the Kemites or the Black ppls,the Yellow sea got it's name from the color of the water which appears yellowish especially when a dust storm kicks up..sailed those waters ma self.

Thanks, Mike111, appreciate that.

Thanks, the lioness, perhaps the people around them were named according to the sea, the soil, via the colors of season (winter white(snow-clouds), spring black(thaw), summer yellow(grains), autumn red(leaves). I don't know. However I do think there was a direct connection.

I would like to add this:

Pontus Euxine/Euxinus was the name of the black sea, however I have good reason to argue that this was a later name for the Cushi(te) Sea based on similar sound but different scripts in Hebrew and Greek/Latin. Euxine from Cushi(te)/Quxy/Kush.

This parallels the change of 'Euphrates' from *Quphiratu (my term, combining (Hittite) 'Firat' with (Akkadian) Pirattu with qupha/gufa(Arb)/kuphos(Grk) "cup" ferries which brought freight & livestock across rivers and downstream in basket-bowl (ark) boats, punted in shallows, paddled in depths, pulled by currents. These coracles/corwyc(Gael) were of slimed interwoven reeds (Vietnam/Amazon/India) or buttered-yakskin- covered wicker (Tibet) arks/barqs/barges, of the Noah/Moses/Sargon/Atrahasis type, the first boats.

I'd also like to note that early European translations of W Asian languages should be tested, as I find that the Sumerian/Ubaidian name of the Forest Guard, "Huwawa", was more likely "Humbaba", which is how Akkadian script shows it. Translators did not recognize that "mb" was a hum vowel and thus not written [this relates to eg. compound = combined = *co-Mbo.nd = copina(Aztec) = campur(Malay).] I link Humbaba to Kubaba.

Also the Sumer-Ubaid word for potter is pahar, I think it was actually pronounced pandhar, based on similarities to bound/pond(mud)/pound/paddle(used to firm pots). (wet clay binds soil into clods, wet sand does not.)

Thanks Brada-Anansi, I'm looking at it from paleo-perspective, so interpretations may differ. [Smile]

Pictures are tricky on the net, but I meant red soil/sand as in (iron-tinted?) sandstone:

Reddish sandstone along Red Sea and Petra, Jordan:
http://www.buckettripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/red-sea-3.jpg
http://www.holiday-n-adventure.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Petra.jpg
Kalahari/Namakwaland(post-rainfall)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kalahari&FORM=HDRSC2
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=namakwaland&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=namakwaland&sc=8-11&sp=-1&sk=

Compared to the yellow sands of Sahara:
http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-age-of-sahara-desert.html#.VCLovOzD-JA

The number 4 in Chinese and Japanese is Shi, it is associated with bad luck, mourning and death.
In ancient China, white is the color of mourning and death.
I'd think that this relates to winter being the season of starvation.
The word Shi appears to match the first syllable of the paleo-keyword !Xyambuatlaya:
Xy ~ sky/snee(Dutch:snow)/icy/whi(te)/Wei(ss)(German:white)
Wondering if this relates to ancient calenders/zodiacs

eDeN 4 rivers:
DaNube
DNieper
DNiester
DoN

my thoughts: (speculative, logical)

Black aTlaNtis = Black Sea eDeN / aDaN / enDeLuge

Black Sea Region Flood emigrees dispersed, through jorDaN valley [(j/y)(ua/a/o)r(e)(d/dy/t)an(a)], georGiaN caucasus, the darDaNelles, the Blue Nile's Lake TaNa, the TaNa delta, and perhaps the 2 YaNa rivers in Siberia and RhoNe & RhiNe in Europe.

*Europa~Yorub(h)a?
*Igbo~Ijebu~(Y)jebu(site)~Egypt/Geb't/Djibouti?

With them they brought plants and animals and their sacred stories, evolving through time to better fit their new locations.

King Arthur/round table/avalon =
Ur Artu/round teba=ark=qufa/(n)a(u/t)alan

stories evolved...

"Considering that pre-humans inhabited the Black Sea coast 1.8 million years ago, the coast of northern Spain over 1 million years ago and; the coast of Britain at least 0.8 million years ago, the drowned land includes some of the earliest routes from Africa into Europe, and the areas where people survived during the multiple Ice Ages." http://www.marineboard.eu/images/publications/Land%20Beneath%20the%20Waves-244.pdf

The isolated Zvan of Svanetti, Georgia use sheepskin to sift gold in streams cf Jason & Argonauts, some notes from Natl Geog. Oct. 2014

-Lichaanishoba: holiday of Adisha village in August, each couple brings a sheep & jug
-Lamproba: holiday for mentioning souls - pre-Christian, birch torches brought to graves
-Note: Oba=lord in Yoruba. lamp=lantern/torch
-supra = feast table cf qupha/teba/tapfel/tepl
-Kviria: fertility god, now St. Kivirike
-ormotsi : >40 day death ceremony, cheese sheet spread over flatbread
-Kaldani: surname of Adashi's oldest villager cf euskalduna(Basque), Chaldean(Assyrian), Haldi(god of Urartu)
-Numerous 50' stone towers store grain, defense
-Polyphonic music
-Lit candles mounted on horns of bull (menorah/candelabra) as it walks around
=These may have been ancient coastal customs later 'hidden' in the highlands, perhaps linked to ancient African customs

*Igbo~Ijebu~(Y)jebu(site)~Egypt/Geb't/Djibouti?

compare: Aegean Sea vs Aegebtian vs Aethiopian
if "aeg" ~ "8" or "H" sounds, possibly "aeth" may have been same sound originally

edge/age/etch/etxe(Basque: house)/agri/ache/eth

Not able to link Misra/Misr(Arabic:Egypt) to ancient sounds, maybe via (Ch)M(t/sr)?

10 Heroic Flood Epics - a pattern of tribal memories

Sis <- Atra | Atrahasis {Babylon} | Oasis/Oannes/John'baptist~njua'a.ndlu/mbu.a'tsis/axis
Tis <- Atla | Atlantis {Egypt} | ndulandlu.a'tsis/.aegis?
Dis -> Alio | Deucalion {Greek} | son of Phoronis/prometheus
Zius -> Udra | Ziusudra {Sumer} | undula'tzius
Xis -> Uthro | Xisuthros {Armen.} | undulua'tchis
Xim <- Noah | Noa.c.h.im {Hebr.} | [NHM] nua'achizm
Xmiz <- Na | Nachmizuli {Hurrian} | [NHM] na'achim'zul
Yi -> Ma | Yima {Persian} | built ur/vara y.ambua
Bis? <- Manu | Manu {Sanskrit} | m/sudD.aNu.bis? mbuanua/mbwana-lord=oba/mbo'ana
B -> Ur nu | Bornu {Benue} | Noah's birthplace? bu.a.nua
? -> ArtUr | Arthur {Gaelic} | ArtURo/UrArtu/Ararat? uadr/water/atl - Ur source of water

wikipedia: "Noah's is a rectangle, while Atrahasis was instructed to build his in the form of a cube" {cup/qufa not cube}

Epic of Ziusudra: "king Ziusudra ... they caused to dwell ... where the sun rises". Ziusudra's boat floats down the Euphrates river into the Persian Gulf {rather than up-stream to Kish}. The Sumerian word KUR in line 140 of the Gilgamesh flood myth was interpreted to mean "mountain" in Akkadian, although in Sumerian, KUR did not mean "mountain" but rather "land", especially a foreign country. KUR ~ ArTURo/ArTHUR/UrArtu/Ararat?

According to the Matsya Purana, Vishnu appeared as Shaphari {small carp} to Manu, King of Kumari Kandam, while he washed his hands in a river flowing down the Malaya mountains in the land of Dravida. The little Fish asked the king to save Him, and out of compassion, he put it in a water jar. It was then that He revealed Himself, informed the King of an all-destructive deluge which would be coming very soon. The King built a huge boat which housed his family, 9 types of seeds, and animals to repopulate the earth, after the deluge would end and the oceans and seas would recede; his boat was perched after the deluge on the top of the Malaya Mountains. {Wikipedia: Manu's ark}

mother tongue, Ju|'hoan
"Ju|'hoansi" (pronounce: Dju-kwa-si)
There are only 1,400 Ju|'hoansi left, living in about 36 villages (traditionally called N!oresi)

Oannes/johannes/jonah/giovanni/john/yahaya/jonathon

undulate, perambulate relate to ulat/ular{Malay} worm/snake, as serpentine/riparian movements.

The Sudd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudd is a vast swamp in South Sudan. People live in round huts on small floating islands in the Sudd:
 -

Ma'adan people lived in vast swamps of Sumeria:
http://www.simplysharing.com/sumerians.htm
 -
Interestingly, they herded and milked water buffalo, but ate fish.

I'm uncertain if the Ma'adan were earlier Mandeans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism
[Note: See Dr. Winters posts on Ma'a & Mande]

Jah.Oba {Rex/Lex/Lisk/Lechm/Lingam} = Xyua/Xyambua
Je.H'o.Va // Ya.Hu.Wa.He // YHWH // J/Yeshua
Oba.Ma
Ab.Ra.Ha.M(a)
B(a).Ra.h.Ma
Ba.Ruch.
Ba.R (born/birth/bear = (dja/ua)Mbo(ua/va gyne)
Dha.Ru.ma (Japanese i.dol.l)
Rumah (Malay: house)
Drum // messenger // messiah // m.x.ya.

Djambo= D/J/Z + a/eu

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ebb=get_topic;f=15;t=009332;p=1#000004

!Xyambuatlaya = Paleo Keyword

Djambo/Karibu(Aphric: meet/mate/state/jam)
= xyarmbua/ndzjambwa/xtalimo/shalom.o/a.salamu.a
talimat(Eskimo:forearm-5-greeting)
(ke)lima(Malay-Polynesian: hand-5)
molimo(Mbuti: horn to call ass.embl.y/embry.o)
etxe(Basque: home, hut)
wamba(OEngl: womb cf warm (vomit?))
mabul(Heb: bloom, swell)
embarazado(Span: pregnant)
para(OJap: belly (wom.b.El.l)
perut(Malay: belly) (bulat/round, ibu/ma)

Shamash(Akkad: Sun god/level=pair/fair/parent)
Xym/Sun(Engl: bright sky/shine/gleam)
Himalaya: Himah/snow + alaya/area(Sansk)
atalaya(Span: watchtower)

Zeu.s=Deu.s=Ju.piter=Dja.Mbuatl
Shining parent/"sky father"(PIE), shy/shadow/shame
cf br.other d.aughter m.other f.ather mate.r.x
Aten/Adonai/Zen/Utu(Sum:sun)/Tengeri(Mongol:shine)

potli(Aztec: both/brother/bond/bi-nd) *mbuatlay
otli(Aztec: other/order/whole/one) *uatlay

!Xyambuatlaya = Paleo Keyword

Ham xyAm.buatl/sHam.u.El/Samuel
Shem Xyam./Sh'm/Nau.a.xh'm/Noachim/shekhem
Japheth xYam.PHuetl/Caput-head?/Geb't?

Noah's flood started European farming? 2007
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005762;p=1#000000

Bantu terms for fire-char:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005751;p=4#000173

buni (Kukuyalanji(Q-land, Austrl) fire
apa (Mbuti, Congo) fire
ape (Ainu, Japan) fire
api (Malay,Indonesia) fire (apa-hi/pahit/burnt)
re.
"The CONSONANTS KM represents BLACK in Mdw Ntr. The argument is that the KM, which is symbolized by charcoal which is NOT a natural occurring product, is PRONOUNCED KaaUma. The M or "Uma" is there to let you know in what context the KM is referencing. Charcoal is used to extract metals from orche (metallurgy) and is used for heating and cooking. Some other African cognates:

KaMa meaning Black in Coptic,
iKaMa meaning Blackened in Mbochi,
KaMi Burnt in Bambara,
KeMi Burnt in Mandjakou,
KeM Burnt in Wolof,
Kim meaning Burnt in Mossi, etc..." (link above)

I've wondered if Kimberly, South Africa was local name or from Europe. (I figured it was local, based on similarity to Xyambuatlaya eg. Zimbabwe.)
Also, interesting that ochre was written as orche, like scorch/torch, not pochre/poker.

On Mbabaram language of Q'land: (cf djwuaMbo)
Tindale (1974): Mbabaram (initial glottal stop), (Um)Barbarem, Bar-barum, Mogmbabarum (['mok] = man), Wumbabaram (Tjapukai term), Oombarbarum, Woombarbarram, Boobu-ram, Balbarum, Woombarrmbarra (Wakara term).

I tried to find the word for fire or char/burnt in the Mbabaram language formerly spoken by pygmies in north Australia, but have found a wordlist (Tindale) of only 11 words, one is dog, "dog" from gudaga/kutaka ~ kwon(PIE)?

Unable to edit last post, "Bantu terms.." should be just above "The CONSONANTS.." not above "buni".

From Dr. Winters' paper at:
https://www.academia.edu/8800304/Were_the_First_Europeans_Pale_or_Dark_Skinned

"Also W.E. B. DuBois,

The World and Africa

noted that “There was once a an “uninterrupted belt’ of Negro culture from Central Europe to South Africa” (p. 88). "

I'd always viewed it as a tropical belt from West Africa between the Sahel & Namib dry zones eastwardly between the Black Sea and Sri Lanka to VietNam and Papua, with later temperate-climate immigrants mixing and/or substantially replacing various populations. I hadn't looked at Central Europe at all, nor had I considered mousterian deposits in Africa to be Neanderthal.
- - -

re. my earlier note: "King Arthur/round table/avalon = Ur Artu/round teba=ark=qufa/(n)a(u/t)alan"

note: table/tablet/temple/drum/trumpet
table/tapfel/topo.l/topa(Ind)/teba(Heb);
ark/bark-barque-barge-embarazado(Sp:preg.)/para(J:belly)/embark/baracuda/barracks/Barack?

Note: was Mbu/raka the older name for the Biaka?
Mbarbaram/Mbabaram(Austl)
M|baka/Biaka/Akka/Akan/Ga, Bacola; Nambakwa?
Mbuti/BaMbuti (per Adamson, in Rift valley?)
Batwa/Twa: Mombasa=*Mbombuatza Botswana=*MboTzwana

Geb't ~ (enje/ge/ke)Batwa ~ Hadza ~ Bamtzvah(H)?

original source of French "Patois"(creole)?

oculocutaneous = m.ongolu(Mbuti:dome) + cuta(L:coat-skin-ecto)=guta(India:latex) + neous

occupa(nt) = of coop/cup/qufa(coracle)/dome(stic)/duomo(Ital:dome)/dumdum(Thai:black)

ocu = opo(calabash-bottle gourd)/egg(ostrich)/eye/kelapa(Malay:coconut)/teba(Heb: bag/basket/ark/qufa) co.nta.iner/co.nte.nt/co.ngre.gate/sy.nago.gue

harb(Hittite:harbour(verb), orphan, ward of) ~ haben(Germ: have) vs gehben(Germ: give) govern?
orb/orphan: hanging on (pear, fig), toward
orbiculos, forb(banana)/forage/forest/bosque(Sp)/hutan(Malay)/botanic(L) ~ organic
orbit/corvid/obituary(buzzards encircle dead)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BDr
(looking up TYR trait, found: Tyr(Utu/teuti/TiWaS/Dyaus/Zeus/dJahmobualynx/Xy.a.mbuatlaya)

Týr (/ˈtɪər/;[1] Old Norse: Týr [tyːr]) is a god associated with law and heroic glory in Norse mythology, portrayed as one-handed. Corresponding names in other Germanic languages are Gothic Teiws, Old English Tīw and Old High German Ziu and Cyo, all from Proto-Germanic *Tīwaz. The Latinised name is Tius or Tio.[2]

In the late Icelandic Eddas, Tyr is portrayed, alternately, as the son of Odin (Prose Edda) or of Hymir (Poetic Edda), while the origins of his name and his possible relationship to Tuisto (see Tacitus' Germania) suggest he was once considered the father of the gods and head of the pantheon, since his name is ultimately cognate to that of *Dyeus (cf. Dyaus), the reconstructed chief deity in Indo-European religion."

Interesting: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000014;p=1#000024

Marc Washington (Page: Legend) "proto-Scandinavian ([8], god Thor, Tyr) were African (to be defined)." There is more at the page bottom, regarding Thor or Tyr having "grape cluster hair" in picture shown.

That seems to agree with derivation from jambo/(n)djambuo/!xyambua ... shamash(Bab)sunfire/yam (shine.mound/mother.boundary/bounty/booty/bond)

Also perhaps Thor(Scand) & Hathor(Egypt) share a root*. If Thor/Tyr was indeed cognate to Zeus "father of the gods", it might parallel Anunakki/Elohim (offspring of Anu/El). I've read that Thor-Stones can be understood as yams.
Yampi(Shoshoni/Ute: yam)
Nyam (Fulani: to eat) cf yum-yum (English: tasty)

*"Ha"(Hebrew) means "the", just as "El"(Spanish) means "the" and Al(Arab) means "the" (eg. Allah is contraction of Al Ilah which means "The God"). his father = a athair(Gaelic)
her father = a hathair(Gaelic)

I'm not sure if I should put these here or at Dr. Winters posts, I'd rather not fill his threads with my unattested paleo-linguistic speculations, since they don't necessarily follow his (or other scholars') rules (syntax, grammar, etc.).

I do see many convergent sound/meanings across vast temporal & geographic distances.

An example is the Mbuti dome hut: mongolu found around the world in changed forms but maintaining the sound order and preserving the original sense of round/dome/home form of woven/"glued" material. From Latin oculo/eye to Dravidian mohenjo/mound to Aztec (a)calli/house to Chinese gulu/circle and the Indian woven bowl-boat harigolu and Welsh corwycyl/coracle.

I find that the "parent" of mongolu was mbuangualua, which links banana (leaves)(Mali/Austral.), tobacco (leaves) (AmerInd/Indonesian:tembakau), tabac(Canary Isl. tunic), bungalow(India), igloo (Innuit Eskimo), glue/gloom/gleam/gelap(Malay:dark)/mengeluar(Malay:leave)); mb, ng, ua were letters (not necessarily written so in early scripts).

Somehow !Xyambuatlaya links to mbuangualua, both refer to parents/mothers bounty/bounds from camp to campaign to kampong to campo to copina to campur.

What has this to do with Egypt or the Black Sea?
Those were pit stops, oases, on the journey to today and tomorrow. It started in the Congo-Rift, it may not end soon.

We speak one language in +7,000,000,000 ways.

Sometimes a story is told in the blink of the eye.

All this time I've known:

Latin - scandula: shingles(leaves/weaves/waves)
Mbuti - mongolu: interleaved frame dome
Mbuti - endu: inside/end of dome
Mbuti - endura: area inside the forest, interior

but never connected them.

"e.ndu.mo.ngo.lu": endome, entry/in/at home

I finally found the taproot of "home suite home".

I dedicate this noted finding to 2 friends, former room-mates and fellow foresters: Arai-san Masaaki(Japan) & Damas Ndumwami(Burundi).

DD'eDeN

Per Dr. Winters' reference to Vai, a Mande language of Liberia, with script from 1820, linked to Cherokee script, brings me to Bambara language: (eg. compared to Malay beneath)

N bɛ I Baw Kaw = I will beat you
(lit: I will beat you)

Saya/aku:I + akan/nak:will + pukul/memukul:beat + engkau[or 'kau]/awak/kamu:you

The Bambara has a dialect: San, check if linked to Khoe2-San. (Song/Sung(So.Chin)? Hsiung/Hung/!Kung)

Compare to Mba(r)baram(Q-land Austl pygmy); compare to BaMByAkka[dian]/Namb'(tw/qu)a/xyaMbTswa(na/tlaya), BaMButi, Mbo/Somali-[Tamil x Sumer = (Zi)mbaTswambwe(r/l)/(S/Xy)a(m/mb)u(at)el?]/Pap.ua-Mama.nwa
- - -

N bɛ bamanankan mɛn dɔɔni-dɔɔni =
I understand/hear a little bit of Bambara (lit: I aux positive Bambara hear small-small)

Aku faham/dengar Bambara sedikit-dikit

Nachatl/Nackerman - meat-bone
Naga(land): NE India = Assam, SemaNaga/Semang? very similar culture to Borneo Iban-Dayak(Hill rice swidden, machetes, headhunters)
kanak(a) - cannibal? headhunter? (CL claim)
anak - child = not to be eaten(CL claim)
Malay: not cannibal/headhunter but retain name?
Hawaii: native: Kanaka Maoli/mother/botli(Azt)
Hawaii: foreigner: Kanaka Haoli/other/otli(Azt)

ref.(CL claim) "...kanaka(Malay)=ca naca/tl(N)=being flesh. CemaNaga are cannibals (Assam). islands, it's to be expected. using naca/naga/snake/flesh for people? one suspects cannibalism by nomeclature.
...but, (Greenland) Quaanaaq=cua nac/atl(N)=eat flesh=all but there own as there no salads north except the sea." "tabernacle/tavern snack/snake"

Dr. Winters: "The Botocudo had many names for themselves. Some Botocudos called themselves Nac-nanuk or Nac-poruk. The name Nac-nanuk or Nac-poruk means "sons of the soil"."

"Nanook of the North" (film about Eskimos)
Qaanaq: Name of Greenland eskimo settlement.
(Malay) Bumiputera = Sons of the Soil
Botocudo(Portugese: button/disk)
The Eskimos were called flesh-eaters by others, they ate raw fermented walrus blubber (muktuc) etc.

Eskimo: forearm-hand-5: talimat, tadlimadt
Malay: hand-5: lima, tanganlima

Shine/Sin(Moon goddess)/Shun(E)/Sun/Sky/Skin->kin(dred)=chil(dren)/Schield=skillet/shad(e/ow): Xy(a)mb(uatlaya)= shamash(Bab:sun god-justice)

Cy.li.nd.r.ical: Xy(ambua)tl + endura=ngolu/ical[shuttle/sickel/cycle/silk/slice/kwekwelo=wheel)

conical roof upon drum/cylinder: Bantu/Mongol/(MBu)Anglo ~ bungalo/bongo

Bo(Papua:mountain) = mohenjo(Indic:mound) = gunung(Malay:mountain) = m/bo.ng.uo(n/l)u(ng) = mongolu(Mb)

Oldest domestic animal remains in Southern Africa: sheep

Shofar(Hebrew:trumpet of ram/kudu antelope/goat horn) ~ molimo(Mbuti) ~ didgeridu(Austrl) = call to assemble/(harvest/harb-feast)

Africa/aphrika/apricot/capricorn/capri-apries/afar

Khefre/scarab beetle with antlers-horns-cornu
chefre/chevro(n/let/tain=mouse deer)/khafir? chef? chief? Kiev(Ukr. viking Rus)

note: coracle basket bowl boats carried ice blocks wrapped(tlapa=drape) in mtn. sheep pelts/felt/svelte down Tigris/E(Q)uphrates to towns in spring-summer -> method of Gizamids

Apries: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008458;p=3#000111

re. Denderah zodiac thread

batu (Malay) boundary stone
meta (Greek) boundary stone, metaphor=ferry across
Kudurru (Akkad) boundary stone, record of land grants to vassals by the Kassites in ancient Babylonia between the 16th and 12th centuries BCE.[1] The word is Akkadian for "frontier" or "boundary" (cf. Hebrew גדר "gader", fence, boundary; Arabic جدر "jadr", جدار "jidar" 'wall'; pl. جدور "judūr"). The kudurrus recorded the land granted by the king to his vassals as a record of his decision. The original kudurru would be stored in a temple while the person granted the land would be given a clay copy to use as a boundary stone to confirm legal ownership.

The kudurrus would contain symbolic images of the gods who were protecting the contract, the contract itself and the divine curse that would be placed on a person who broke the contract.

Hebrews: avoided/ignored? graven images

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008459 Egypt gods/spirits

note: Dedun god/spirit?
note: Heka(magic) ~ Hecate/wind?
Shu AE god of air = Atlas [cf Xy(amb)u(atlaya)]

Bennu/Phoenix ~ Punt/Djibouti-Gebt/Kemt
Buni(Mbarbaram or Kukuyalanji, Austl): fire(stick)
wbn(AE: to shine) ~ bennu/phoenix/sphynx
Bennu bird "He Who Came Into Being by Himself", "Lord of Jubilees"; the latter epithet referred to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.
Its name is related to the Egyptian verb wbn, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine"
(Mena7 thread: Egyptian gods/spirits)

Geb/Seb/Kebb was the Egyptian god of the Earth and a member of the Ennead of Heliopolis. It was believed in ancient Egypt that Geb's laughter were earthquakes and that he allowed crops to grow

As the God of the earth, Geb was one of the most important of ancient Egypt's gods. According to the Heliopolis doctrine, he came from a line of important gods. His parents were Shu, the god of air, and Tefnut, the goddess of moisture, who were in turn the children of Atum. Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys were the children of Geb and Nut, and together these gods made up the Heliopolitan Ennad. However, it should be noted that Geb may also be referred to in various literature as Seb, Keb, Kebb or Gebb. After Atum, the four deities (Shu, Tefnut, Geb, and Nut) established the Cosmos, whereas the second set of deities (Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys) mediated between humans and the cosmos

Geb is usually represented in the form of a man who who wears either the white crown to which is added the Atef crown, or a goose. The Goose was his sacred animal and symbal. As the God of earth, the earth formed his body and was called the "house of Geb," just as the air was called the "house of Shu," and the heaven the "house of Ra," Hence,. he was also often portrayed laying on his side on the earth, and was sometimes even painted green, with plants springing from his body. Earthquakes were believed to be the laughter of Geb.

In hymns and other compositions he is often portrayed as the erpat, i.e., the hereditary, tribal chief of the gods, and he plays a very important part in the Book of the Dead. Therefore he is one of the gods who watch the weighing of the heart of the deceased in the Judgement Hall of Osiris.. The righteous who were provided with the necessary words of power were able to make their escape from the earth but the wicked were held fast by Geb.

Religious texts show that there was no special city or district set apart for the god Geb, but a portion of the temple estates in Apollinopolis Magna were called the "Aat of Geb," and a name of Dendera was "the home of the children of Geb,". The chief seat of the god appears to have been at Heliopolis, where he and his female counterpart Nut produced the great Egg from which sprang the Sun-god under the from of a phoenix. In ancient Egypt, the egg is a symbol of renewal, and even today, this symbolism appears in our traditions surrounding Easter.

It was claimed that Heliopolis was the birthplace of the company of the gods, and that in fact the work of creation began there. In several papyri we find pictures of the first act of creation which took place as soon as the Sun-god, by whatsoever name he may be called, appeared in the sky, and sent forth his rays upon the earth. In these papyri, Geb always occupies a very prominent position.

Papuan | Maasai | Mamanwa (Philippine Indig.)

Papua: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a1/61/02/a16102a5efb92d9cb630bfd88efed559.jpg

Maasai: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=maasai&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=1D91BCC70CDA76F98AA3FD85C85AD4F01C1E8050&selectedIndex=36

Papua: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=New+Guinea+People&FORM=R5FD8&crslsl=0#view=detail&id=7B868C63A28B1B81A534574DE063E6780926FFEE&selectedIndex=273

Maasai: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=maasai&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=A709C4B3129283DBE97FFA33C77AD19F5567311C&selectedIndex=49

Mamanwa: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mamanwa&id=F066489972EAEB2CF70974CD01CBFBBE7F5451CD&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=CA16731684C1AF84A92ADAC89DFFEFB20ED277B6&selectedIndex=1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ding-inkblots/7969998074/

Note: Andamaners have proto-Australian but not denisovan
Note: Australians/Papuans/Mamanwa have denisovans

http://3lbmonkeybrain.blogspot.com/2011/10/human-clades.html

from my comment at Malian thread:

river =

Ibaiaren (Basque)
Xmara (Maltese)
Osimiri (Igbo)
Nehir (Turkish)
Gir (Tamazight)
Sungai (Malay)
Noa (Lao)
Mto (Swahili)
Atoyaatl (Aztec Nahuatl)
Mdinare (Georgian)
Nadi (Azerbaijani)
Wadi (Arabic)
Wide (Kusunda {Nepal, linked to E. Papuan})
Virta (Finnish)
Webiga (Somali)
Rzeka (Polish)
River/gyr.at.e/curr.ent/cr.eek (English)

Note: gir ~ stir, syrup, stir up [stirrup]

Note: Tu.rk.ci = Tu.ngu.sic = Ta.ma.zight

Note: syrup: Xy + rup/loop, rope/lobe, rub/lube, elude/erode, rupiah, gallop, deer/horses captures were while swimming in rivers with punt pole & dog collar/coraller/harness/yoke - "nooses" (Khamsa, Botai=BowTie=Xy.am.bu.atalay.a), shoot/chute=shuttle=saddle up, syrup-serpent.ine,
razor strop/strap/apa/tapa/tlapa/satropy/atrophy

lope/gallop/loop/coop/hoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2814715/Mystery-Jordan-s-Big-Circles-Ancient-stone-rings-desert-left-archaeologists-baffled.html

Mena7 thread http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009259;p=1#000006

"Mena: Watches and clocks have Egyptian symbolism. The hour hand is name after the Egyptian sun God Horus, the minute hand is name after the moon God Min, the second hand is name after the God or planet Mercury aka Hermes aka Tehuti. The watch dial represent the wheel of the zodiac."

Horus: Egy. daytime/daily/deity=techine=divi(ne/de)=Shine/Sun/sky/Xy: Shamash(Akad)/Utu(Sumer)/Surya/Current/Syrup/Gyre/Gir(Tamazight)

hour: hora(Sp), uhr(G), jam(Indon), pukul(M)
minute: tehuti-> Min+Utu; minit(M), minuten(G)
second: bi-section/sex-tant, 60; detik(M)
zodiac: 12 di.ac/zwolf/twelve

wbn(Anc.Egypt) woven (NOT "to shine" but to reflect sunshine/rain as domes did)/webbing = dome hut construction = mongolu/bungalow/iglu/wbn

Note: Editing function disabled, correction:

Note: syrup: Xy + rup/loop, rope/lobe, rub/lube, elude/erode, rupiah, gallop, deer/horses/water buffalo were captured while swimming with punt pole & dog collar/coraller/harness/yoke/leash-lace-trace-lash/tlaca(Aztec)/tlapa(Aztec:drape)/tapa(Mbuti-Hawaiian:fig bark loincloth))(Khamsa, Khazak: Botai=BowTie=Xy.am.bu.atalay.a), shoot/chute=shuttle=saddle up, syrup-serpent.ine,
razor strop/strap/apa/tapa/tlapa/satropy/atrophy

@ Mena7's thread: Egyptian Gods or Spirits:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008459;p=2#000096

"... to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.[2] Its name is related to the Egyptian verb wbn, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine".

But this is my translation of wbn:

wbn(Anc.Egypt) woven (NOT "to shine" but to reflect sunshine(ray/radiation)/rain as ancestors' domes did)/webbing = dome hut construction = mongolu/bungalow/iglu/

~ w.omb.ng.lu = wuamuabuanuagualua = wovenbell = womb+belly(shape of pregnancy/embarazado(Sp))

Egyptians changed the physical form from dome/bell to pyramid due to social rectilinearization/hierarchical structuring due to high populations concentrated by the Nile of sedentary settlements using "industrial-style" of agriculture, from ancestral gathering to gardening to agriculture of the Old Kingdom.

Compare: the Pyramidion/benben stone atop the pyramid equaled the cone roof above a Bantu hut and yurts of Turks (ui) and Mongol (ger) and the Dakota AmerIndian tipi, these were nipples/nubbins/knobs. Bambuti rainforest domes did not have these conical roofs, but savanna/desert round huts did. Synonyms: tittle/dribble (note connection to breast suckling)(also note: the next word in dict. is Nuba.) The benben may have been pronounced (be)nuben, since it relates to wbn/uben, possible link to Hebrew Ben.yamin and Semitic (ben/bin/ibn/bar=offspring of X.
(Malay: mother = ibu ~ igloo)

hari(Malay) day, daytime, probably related to Horus/hours of the day (sundial/sun deity/zodiac)

matahari(Malay) sun, "mata/eye of the hari/day"

mongolu(Mbuti) dome hut (night-time)

harigolu(Tamil?) bowl boat (day-time), also used as parasol, and by Mandan AmerIndians as a winter nightly smokehole cover over ground lodge.

De.cyph.er = dis.cov.er = dis.kuphos/qupha(coracle/cup/ark/ship)/ ... disciple?

12 disc.ply/folds zwolf(G) 12 zodiac

nipple/tipi/steeple/stepl(adder)/step/deep/di.agon.al

decode: de-coat/de-cipher/di-scover(Norse)/dis-cover(E)/disc-over(?)/flip cup-qufa-golu

(in/re)cline = (an)gle = m.ongolu(Mb) wrinkle/socket/zocatl(Aztec fire starter socket)
cote(Finn/Lapp: conetip/nipple/conch/coil/mongolu) ~ Conetl/coney/hare?
- - -

Incredible woven/folded shelters for nomads/emergencies:

http://www.abeerseikaly.com/weavinghome.php
- - -

Black Sea Deluge Diaspora

http://the-arc-ddeden.blogspot.com/2014/09/black-sea-flood-deluge-diaspora.html

(Based on Ryan & Pitmans 7,600 years ago Black Sea Noah's Flood Hypothesis)

embryo(Gk?/E)/enviro(E)/viro(L?:male)/virile(E) ~ birth(E)/bear-borne/embarazado(Sp:pregnant)

re. Catawba jug post: words http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009380;p=1#000003

" A nkisi is a container for these spirits, shown in the picture above right. A village’s nganga, the Kongo word for diviner, fills a nkisi up with magical materials, including white river clay, thus activating the object. The spirits come into the nkisi and become trapped inside. The nkisi can then be asked for help. [gap] Although we originally discarded the idea because it wasn’t a known word in the English language, a quick search turned up that Pofu is a town in the Congo.

Not only that, but pofu means blind in Swahili. If you look closely at the face jug’s eyes at the left, you’ll see that they are colored black. This is the only face jug I’ve seen with black eyes.

Following Swahili grammar structure, “Squire Pofu” translates to “the blind Squire”.

Could this have been a conjure jug to cause blindness? "

cf. African river blindness, parasite schistom.?
nkisi(Kongo:spirit container) jinn(Arb)/genie?
nganga(K:diviner)
pofu(Swahili:blind) ~ buta(Malay:blind)

Catawba ~ calabash/opo/bottle gourd/kelapa(M:coconut)

Catawba/kelapa/calabash/opo/ova/ovum(ostrich egg)/ovular/ocular/mo.ngolu

telur(Malay:egg)
mata(M:eye)
matahari(M: eye of the day/yellow/Amarillo, Sun/Shamash/Utu/Surya...Iten(Akhten) Xyambu

hari: yellow-orange (tamil?Hindi?) vs kuning(M:yellow)/oren(M:orange from Portug? naranja)
amhari/afar.i/amarillo(Sp:yellow)/harimao(M:tiger cf Porche:macan), matahari M:eye.yellow/daytime=sun), harigolu(Karnataka:bowlboat=yellow-day-dome/bowl vs mongolu(Mb)=ngolu/gelap(M:dark)~tlapa(Azt:drape-lamp (cf cresset/p.un(k/gent/ji=buni/sphynx/phoenix/apa/ape/api~apahitl(M))//incense-infest-insect:pr.ankh.s-ntr=frankinsence)/nacht/night-dome/endu.mbo.ng.ualo/dumdum(Thai:black)
cap/cup/kippa(Heb:skullcap)/qufa(Arb:bowlboat/kuphos(Gk:cup/quaff)/teba(H:basket-b.arq)

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009014;p=1#000021
Ounjougou: 'w.uau.(nd/nt/mb).(ch/j).uau.(g/k).uau
Bandiagara: mb.ua.nd.(u/y)a.ng.ua.(la/rua)

Tellem = nd.ue.tl.l.ym = dalam(M:inside(rs))=endu.ra(Mb:interior)=enduerra(Latin:wear/to put on/enclothe/endome/entomb=e.nd.u.m(b)ongol(o/a)

Toloy = nd.ua.tl.u(a/ya/ra) dolor(Sp)/tolerate(E)/endure(L/E)/endura(Mb) ~ dendro/druid/dravid cf India:Narmada River 2 fossil pygmy skeletons near Bimbetke caves cf Bimbache lang. Canary isl.

source

Camouflage (coat & eyes) in wild cats vs white sox

Cats domesticated in China 5,300 yrs ago

Cats were thought to have first been domesticated in ancient Egypt, where they were kept some 4,000 years ago, but more recent research suggests close relations with humans may have occurred much earlier, including the discovery of a wild cat buried with a human nearly 10,000 years ago in Cyprus.

While it often has been argued that cats were attracted to rodents and other food in early farming villages and domesticated themselves, there has been little evidence for this theory.

The evidence for this study is derived from research in China led by Yaowu Hu and colleagues at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Hu and his team analyzed eight bones from at least two cats excavated from the site.

Using radiocarbon dating and isotopic analyses of carbon and nitrogen traces in the bones of cats, dogs, deer and other wildlife unearthed near Quanhucan, the research team demonstrated how a breed of once-wild cats carved a niche for themselves in a society that thrived on the widespread cultivation of the grain millet.

Carbon isotopes indicate that rodents, domestic dogs and pigs from the ancient village were eating millet, but deer were not. Carbon and nitrogen isotopes show that cats were preying on animals that lived on farmed millet, probably rodents. At the same time, an ancient rodent burrow into a storage pit and the rodent-proof design of grain storage pots indicate that farmers had problems with rodents in the grain stores.

Other clues gleaned from the Quanhucun food web suggest the relationship between cats and humans had begun to grow closer. One of the cats was aged, showing that it survived well in the village. Another ate fewer animals and more millet than expected, suggesting that it scavenged human food or was fed.

addt'l. articles:
- - -

source

Rice Responsible for Asians' Alcohol Flush Reaction, Research Finds

Jan. 19, 2010 — The mutation responsible for the alcohol flush reaction, an unpleasant response to alcohol that is relatively common in people of Asian descent, may have occurred following the domestication of rice
- - -

source

Chinese Pigs 'Direct Descendants' of First Domesticated Breeds

Apr. 19, 2010 — Modern-day Chinese pigs are directly descended from ancient pigs which were the first to be domesticated in the region 10,000 years ago, a new archaeological and genetic study
- - -

source

Asian genes in European pigs result in more piglets

Pigs that are bred commercially in Europe are found to have a highly varied mosaic of different European and Asian gene variants. The Wageningen research has demonstrated that different parts of the genome of commercial pigs are much closer to Chinese pigs than to European wild boar. 'At first sight that seems surprising because pigs in Asia and Europe were domesticated independently from one another around ten thousand years ago and you would therefore expect there to be no traces of Asian DNA in European pigs'

Foxes & Human ancestors (cf arctic fox, camouflage)

source

Red Foxes from Middle East to Americas 400,000 years

The previous view was distorted by the maternal picture because a single female line transferred from Asia to Alaska about 50,000 years ago.

The new genetic research further suggests that the first red foxes originated in the Middle East before beginning their journey of colonization across Eurasia to Siberia, across the Bering Strait and into North America, where they eventually founded the North American population.
- - -

source

Researchers have discovered a 2-million-year-old fossil fox at Malapa, South Africa, in the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
- - -
source

"Aside from the 26 authors from 16 institutions involved in these publications, the team focusing its research efforts on Au. sediba and Malapa now numbers more than 100 researchers from around the world and represents one of the largest dedicated archaeological or palaeontological research programmes," says Prof. Loyiso Nongxa, Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the University of the Witwatersrand. Berger adds that the work undertaken to date, although only five years in the making (since the discovery of the site in mid-2008), represents some of the most extensive focused literature on a single early hominin species yet created.

Included in the recent discoveries from the site are a new species of fox, named by the team as Vulpes skinneri just three months ago, and the discovery of more than 300 early human ancestor remains, including parts of skeletons still encased in rock.

Berger concludes: "Discoveries such as Australopithecus sediba and the Malapa site demonstrate the need for further African based exploration in the rich fossil fields of southern Africa

Article in Daily Mail about caveman speech, not as bad as I'd expected, Eurocentric (England)
- - -
source

How to talk like a stone-age man: How ancient ancestors spoke revealed

How to talk like a stone-age man: How ancient ancestors ...
Experts have uncovered several hundreds of basic sounds from the language first spoken in the Stone Age which archaeologists have dubbed proto-Indo-European, or IE.

Here’s how to talk like a stone-age man: say the word ‘pu’. Your mouth is pursed, your nose is narrowed. You are blowing out a breath, as if to dispel a bad smell.

In the Stone Age, the sound pu meant exactly what it means today.

This is how language began. The earliest words in English date back at least 8,000 years — and they describe themselves: we can work out what the words meant by the shapes our lips form when we say them.

‘Pe’, for instance, is different from pu. It starts with the lips together and separates them with a faint pop. Pe means open and the ancient sound is at the core of the modern word open. ‘Mei’ means smile and it makes you do exactly that — your mouth stretches wide, showing your teeth. Once again, the old sound is at the centre of today’s word: smile.

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors. Simple, instinctive and easy to learn, it was born on the steppes of modern Russia and swept through Europe, Asia and India, changing and developing.

The Breath Of Life

One of the basic sounds of Stone Age language is ‘an’. It means to breathe, and it’s an imitation of the noise itself. Any creature, human or animal, that is alive must be breathing. ‘Man’ is a combination of two concepts as old as time. The ‘m’ sound, for me, myself, and the breathing ‘an’ sound. ‘Man’ is my own living-and-breathing self.

The word doesn’t change in Anglo-Saxon, Middle English, Icelandic, Dutch and Swedish, and it was barely different in the ancient Indian language of Sanskrit, where it was manu.

Bright Ideas

Neolithic farmers had many words for light. There was ‘bhal’, the blazing brilliance of the sun and ‘luh’, the luminous intensity of the full moon. And then there was ‘diw’, the bright daylight.

Ancient man worshipped the sun and so ‘diw’ is the beginning of deities, days and the divine. To the Romans, the chief god was the father (pater, in Latin) in the sky — diw-pater, or Jupiter.

In Latin, day is dies, and mal is bad. So if you’re having a bad day, that’s dismal. Someone who writes for a daily paper is a diurnalist — or journalist. When the sun rises, the daisies open — so-called because they’re the day’s eyes.

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors

Tales of the Heart

Prehistoric man understood that the heart pumping is the drumbeat of life. ‘Krr’, the sound a taut rope makes when it is twanged, was his attempt to capture it in a word, and so ‘kard’ meant the heart.

That’s why, if you suffer a cardiac arrest, you need a cardiologist. It’s also why the middle of an apple is its core, and why generous, warm-hearted people are cordial. The other internal organs are the ‘karn’, giving us carnage, carnivore, carcass and carrion.

Carnal means fleshy. Carnival, the festival of flesh, was originally a meat-eating binge before the 40 days of fasting in Lent leading to Easter. And Easter signifies reincarnation — coming back in the flesh.

Dog Days

Stone Age nomads began to domesticate wolves several thousand years before the first farms, to guard against bears and to herd livestock.

‘Kuon’, meaning dog, evolved to give us canine, kennel, and also cynic — a word coined for a sect of ancient Greek philosophers, who believed life’s luxuries were a sham.

They earned their nickname because they had sex in the street, like dogs.

Of course, the first dogs had to be tamed, and the IE word for that is ‘dam’. That’s the origin of domestic, meaning fit for the home.

All animals were covered by the term ‘wos’. A horse was ak-wos, since ‘ak’ meant quick. The Romans spelled ak-wos as equus, so today a rider is an equestrian and anything to do with horses is equine.

Family Ties

Our ancestors’ language is the reason so many English words come in family groups. negative ones, for instance, have an ‘n’ at the front: no, never and nightmare.

The static ones begin with ‘sta’: stand, stall and stammer. The swollen ones start with ‘tu’: tubby, tulip and tumour. And the empty ones start with ‘va’: vacant, vacuum, vanity. And so on.

Eastern Promise

The word for dawn was ‘us’. The sound changed slightly to give us the direction from which the sun rises: the east.

The medieval English term for men who hailed from the East was Easterling and in the money markets of 13th-century London, the Easterlings controlled monopolies in wood, wheat, fur and flax.

They were the bankers of the time, and Easterling coin was the only money that mattered — we still call it sterling.

Plenty to Hide

A prehistoric chieftain showed his high status when he sat in his tent on a ‘pel’, or animal hide. Our word is pelt.

Early cups and bowls were also made from dried hide, so a basin in Latin is peluis. We pronounce it pelvis, the bowl-shaped bone that supports our own hide.

Pel also suggested an animal skin heaped with possessions or a bowl brimming over. By extension, ‘pel’ became many and dozens of words beginning ‘pl’ stem from this: plenty, plural, plus, plethora and plenitude, as well as surplus and replenish.

The Old Lags

When one of his herd was straggling, the Stone Age shepherd’s word was ‘lag’. Even now, to lag is to fall behind. In Old English, it was pronounced ‘laet’, meaning slow, sluggish or tardy. To be very ‘laet’ mean coming laetst, or — as we would say — last.

Leg also comes from lag, because a lame animal drags its leg. By the Middle Ages, to lag was thieves’ slang for stealing. That’s why in the classic sitcom Porridge, the habitual criminal Norman Stanley Fletcher was an old lag.

Experts have uncovered hundreds of basic sounds from the language archaeologists call proto-Indo-European

Mourning Glory

Prehistoric man took death seriously. We can decode some ancient funeral rituals from the old words and their modern meanings.

‘Mor’ is the IE root of mourn and also of moan. That implies that grieving was a noisy business.

The term for a violent death is murder and the word for regretting it is remorse.

For hundreds of years in England, mortal was the all-purpose intensifier, much as we use swearwords now. To be mortal cold was to be very flipping cold indeed.

In Victorian times, if you were so drunk you couldn’t stand, you were not just mortal drunk but mortallious.

Mamas and Papas

Mama means mother, and always has done: ‘ma’ sounds like the cry of a baby. Many words to do with birth contain this ‘ma’ sound. A baby is conceived in the marital bed (either before or after marriage) and grows under a maternity dress, inside the matrix — an old word for the womb. And all mammals suckle their young.

IE words have spread all over the world. From Mandarin to Arabic and Vietnamese to Welsh, the old word for father is based on the syllable ‘pa’.

To neolithic man, ‘pa’ meant to feed and protect. The father of the tribe became known as the patriarch. ‘Pa’ gives us power-words, such as patriotism and palace.

But the father’s role as a food provider also gives us many of our words for food, such as pasta, pastry and pâté — lots of things you might find in the pantry, in fact.

Blows and Flows

‘Bhleu’ gives us a real insight into the Stone Age mind. It describes the way that the wind blows and life flows. That’s why, when a flower opens, it blooms. Blood flows, too, and gives life.

Living Language

It’s been 250 years since scholars first guessed at the existence of a Stone Age language as the basis of English.

It was August Schleicher, a 19th-century German, who theorised that languages are living organisms that are born, bloom and die.

He even discovered the concept of evolution, years before Charles Darwin — but Schleicher applied it to words instead of animals.

So think before you speak. The words in your mouth are alive . . . and are as old as time.

Adapted from Written In Stone by Christopher Stevens, published by Virgin Books at £12.99 To order a copy (p&p free for a limited time) visit mailbookshop.co.uk

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=009125&p=1
Soliga Panaya kannikar/kanak thread

skin: piel(Sp) = peel/pelt/spiele(Ger:play out/expel?/exfoliate/foliage/polasti/arbor/forest), bolo(Afr:peel), bolo(Philip:machete to peel bark)

"Paniyas typically live in villages (padis) consisting of a small number of huts (pire or chala). Each hut settlement contains 5 to 15 families.[4]"

padi(Paniya:hamlet (Malay:kampong, English: company/compound)
padi(Malay:rice paddy, uncooked rice grain)
pire(Paniya:hut/camphyre=padipire?)/empire=umbul cf Japan 8th C para/phara/hara=belly
chala(Paniya:hut), cf colli(Aztec); shell/cell/ger(Mongol)/chum(Siber.), igloo(Esk.)/ngolu(Mbuti)/coil=coloa(Aztec)

"Paniya males wear a lengthy cloth wrapped around the waist, which is known as a mundu. A smaller mundu is also slung over the shoulders to cover the body."

mundu(Paniya: cf Hmong:chuq = Latin: enduere = to put on = endumongolu(Mbuti:endome = encoilothe) cf piel/bolo(Afr/Phlp:peel/spiele/play out/ply)

Kanikkar(Kanak?/nick/nacker=flesh) cf kanaka(Hawaii:people) "they derived the name Malayarayan from Hindu mythological Sage, Agasthya. They claim that once they were the rulers of the area comprising Trivandrum, Kollam, parts of Kanyakumari dist and claim that they were here even before the Dravidians, and claim to be the original people of the land."

Malayarayan? Malay.aryan? (Xya)Mbuatlaya?
Some resemblance to Malay/Philipino phenotype, perhaps also pygmy/Papuan/Negrito/Ust'Ishim 45ka
- - -
Possible: Na Dene ~ Ma Benga?

African

Ap'ha'ri'ca'na'an

pahar(Sumer:potter) mbonder/pon.dhara(Tam:earth)/bundler/PuaNtjr/paddl'r/panther

capricorn/apricot/paris/co.operat

apa(Mbuti: fire)
api(Malay: fire, apa+hit/heat = pahit/bitter burnt
ape(Ainu Japan: fire)

Tukha/Tochari/Utari/nDzHungary Basin Kucha/Khotan/Qushan/Cushite/euxine/Xuxtan
http://www.livescience.com/48878-ancient-silk-road-cemetery-discovered.html "In ancient China, Kucha was called Qiuci", Tarim Basin

ari(India, Zimbabwe: red-yellow ridgeback dog)
ariel(Hebrew: lion) tawny yellow?
arimao(Malay: tiger) orange?
hari(Malay: day(light/yellow))
Amhari(Amharic) name of tribe of people Ethiopia
Amarillo(Spanish: yellow)
amba(Nanai Siberia: tiger/fire) ~ amber?/lamp?
simba(Swahili: lion) cf Zulu mbube
singa(Malay: lion, root of Singapura/Singapore)

'Ambha(r/t/l)i(can/cot/corn)/*xyambuatl: sky/sun fire/aphyre/flare

canaan cane? canary/canid kena/*xyambuatl

- - -

(wiki: Lucania, Italy)

The only considerable stream on the western side is the Silarus (Sele), which constitutes the northern boundary, and has two important tributaries in the Calor (Calore Lucano or Calore Salernitano) and the Tanager (Tanagro or Negro) which joins it from the south.

Origin of the name[edit]

There are several hypotheses on the origin of the name Lucania, inhabited by Lucani, an Osco-Samnite population from central Italy. Lucania might be derived from Greek λευκός, leukos meaning "white", cognate of Latin lux ("light"). According to another hypothesis, Lucania might be derived from Latin word lucus meaning "sacred wood" (cognate of lucere), or from Greek λύκος, lykos meaning "wolf".

tanager R Italy
Ta Netjer? t.ntr
t'Niger? nd.ngr
Tana'gir? (not teenager)
- - -

Tooth ablation in Jomon Japan resembles Rift

https://heritageofjapan.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/ritual-tooth-ablation-why-did-prehistoric-peoples-pull-out-perfectly-good-teeth/

- - -

Male expansion in Europe, Africa

Modeling the contrasting Neolithic male lineage expansions in Europe and Africa

Michael J Sikora1, Vincenza Colonna12, Yali Xue1 and Chris Tyler-Smith1*

Results
The best-fitting models in Africa and Europe are very different. In Africa, the expansion took about 12 thousand years, ending very recently; it started from approximately 40 men and numbers expanded approximately 50-fold. In Europe, the expansion was much more rapid, taking only a few generations and occurring as soon as the major R1b lineage entered Europe; it started from just one to three men, whose numbers expanded more than a thousandfold.

Conclusions

Although highly simplified, the demographic model we have used captures key elements of the differences between the male Neolithic expansions in Africa and Europe, and is consistent with archaeological findings.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006699;p=1#000017

The words for lion/dog/tiger etc. derived from dawn=tawny=auriel/oriole yellow/orange/reddish

terror = yellow(bellied) = oro(Sp) = utu(Sum)

"As Horemakhet (Harmakhet, Harmachis) or "Horus in the horizon", he represented the dawn" the lioness,

horizon

Posted by mena7 (Member # 20555) on :

Great etymology thread DD eDeN, I will be so happy if the name of the princess and continent Europa come from Yoruba. according to Catherine Acholonu the name of the continent of Africa come from the God Afra, the name of the Biaffra/ Bi Afra region of Nigeria and the Afar people also come from the God Afra.

According to Michael Tsarion the name of the Iberian peninsula, Iberia in the Caucasus and Hibernia in Ireland( God Eri land) come from Ibaru, Hibaru/Hebrew (H mean the,Hebrew is the Ibaru)the title of the Egyptian stellar priests and their language. The word Rabbi is Ibaru in reverse.I think Ibaru could be also Ibo ru meaning Ibo lion our Ibo sun.

Thanks mena7

Its hard to tell the direction of words, did Europe come from Yoruba or Yoruba from Europa, or maybe both came from earlier sound (princess story?), I try to see the likely older form.

Usually P becomes F (Semitic, Japanese), so I think Apr/Apl is older sound than Afr, though that might not be true of Central/West African languages.

I recall O-piru as priests (Egypt?) related to waterside temples.

I have found something of interest: when O is added to paleo keyword !Xyambuatl (water chamber) it becomes OXyambuatl = OCeanboat(er),
O = eau (French: water)
X = sh (Anc Egypt: basin/sea)
yam = yam (Hebrew: basin/sea)
buat = boat/vase(l) (English)

the words for lion in Hebrew are ariel and labbi, ariel = au.rey.El = dawn/tawny/yellow/sun/fiery/orange-oriole/arimao(M:tiger)

labbi ~ tabby(English) ~ rabbi(t) ~ keleb/v(Heb/Arab) yellowred dog of desert

The term Aten(Egyp solar disk) ~ Adonai(Heb) ~ atimwa(AmerInd Cree): sleddog from original yellow-red coat (cf dingo, ari Khoi hunting dog, Carolina dingo) ~ komatim(Eskimo) dogsled

kalahari kala + (h) + ari (reddish yellow-orange)
= (X)apahari ?
- - -

Note: wbn(AEg) claimed to be shine(German book) or rise(Italian book.), both mostly incorrect, wbn is woven/webbed dome that "Re/Ray-flected" both sun's ray and cloud's rain, flect is from peel-off/played-out(eg. gold mine) = fleece/pelt
- - -

Note: "words such as 'eina' (ouch) and 'aikhona' (absolutely not)." (Khoisan thread:Ju'Hoansi)
cf Japanese ouch: itai!
cf Japanese hot!: atsui! atchi!
cf Malay hot!: panas!
cf Malay toothache: gigi (s/c)akit!
cf Malay not: bukan

from Israel's debt to Egypt thread, comment by mena7: posted 27 November, 2014 01:35 AM

" My point of view is the Hebrew (Ibaru, Ibo ru name of Egyptian stellar priest and their language)religion is the Atonist religion of Akhenaton mixed with the Canaanite religion. The Hebrew 10 commandments derived from the Egyptian 42 commandments. According to Jewish psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud Pharaoh Akhenaton was Moses. According to Mustapha Gadalla the Hebrew had a city name malawy or Mal Levy meaning city of the Levite near Akhetaton the capital city of Akhenaton."

"According to Doctor Charles Finch all of the names of the people in the bible derived from Ancient Egyptian names. According to Catherine Acholonu the INRI title on top of Jesus cross in the bible story is probably a code word for the Igbo Nri ( I NRI) priesthood."
- - -

(very interesting. To me Akhenaton was linked to Moses, but uncertain how.)

CL claims Iberia from Iueli/(Ibveli) powerful

aten/atimwa(Cree) animals that pull (cf jackals that pulled chariot of sun/god/anthony during night) = team

Africa

kafir/caper/'apr.Ka (April?) khepre(AEg) scarab/scar.i.fy/Ska/caribu(Af greet)/caribou(Cree?)/carabao(Philp)

copper(tone) = xyambuatlaya = sky em/um/am.ber
cypress/cupressus(acid/papyrus)/**cyp.ari.s/cypher(yell.och.red ink strokes?/q/gufa/kuphos(Gk)cup/coverskinvellum)(=ari)/Cyprus
caber(Gael/Celt:carry pole + toss)
cyparis ~ sybilene/kybellus? *ndjwumbelly/pregn/embarazado/bear=bell.t=build=upbigged(Gael):boat/bowed building)/[swell=bloom=mabul(H)]glow from mongolu(Mb) dome

Siberia? Xya/(Si)/(k'a)(mb/b/p/f)eri(c)a =steppe?

Ludger Sylbaris (born circa 1875 - died circa 1929), born either August Cyparis or Louis-Auguste Cyparis, was an Afro-Caribbean man who travelled with the Barnum & Bailey circus. He had become something of an early 20th-century celebrity for being the only survivor in the town itself of the devastating volcanic eruption of Mt. Pelée on the French-Caribbean island of Martinique on the 8 May 1902. This same eruption completely flattened an entire city, the "Paris of the West Indies", St. Pierre, and killed an estimated 30-40,000 people.

KuKluxKlan(?) Ku Klux Klan cue.crux.cram(pl) tu.tlux.tlan

Kuku Yalanji(Austrl aborig tribe)=Guguyalanji
Ku (M/Philp) self = Aku
Cookie/Cuckoo/Chew/Sue/shoe/
Xyu(ambua)=shamer?(s)h(y)ammer?

Klux ? gl(I/utch)/glue/cluster/cludge/sedge-clod/sod iglu(Esk)/mongolu(x=exo?/exit?)

Klan/Clan/Clal(H)=cluster/grouper

jaundice = tawny/dawn/atimwa/Kalahari/arimao/orange-red-yellow ore/ochre/cherry/a-pelum-a.perune?/yellowr(ang)ed/rouge/roja/merah/oren/perang

Eat = Eti.que.tte = Ka.sherut(H) = Ta.beru(J) = Co.mer(Sp) = (con)Su.m(p/t)able(E) = Taboo(M) = Kapu(Haw) = Tlapa Ua? [itetl(Azt):consume "stone/bolus/buah(M):fruit"]

ethical/edible/eat.table/etiquette/kosher .. tapfel(Du)/table/tablet/plate/platform/template/tumbler ... palate/palette/flatplait/peel/pelt

alas meja (M) (tablecloth) = foundation mat = baja mesa? messiah/message? Yam(Mongol) coast to coast messengers

Ahu(RapaNui) altar/offering olaa(Hung) = (k)apu

K.ahu.na(Haw) priest = C.ohe.n(Heb) = K.oshe.r ~ '.OXya.mbuatl [ ' = initial glottal stop = k] = Coan(H) = Quran(Arb)

Khepre...(rev)...ApreKhe/Africa apricot/kaffir/Capricorn

Ghee(Ind) Oleo/oil = Helio/Eloi = 'jyello/gelato = kutaka/gudaga(Mbabr)[dingo] = yellow dog = c.an(ar)i.ne/.anji.ng(M) = ku'on(IE) quinine?

Hera/Hella/Hellenes/Helle(ne)spont

H.era.k.les = G.il(a.)ga.mesh, Herakles crossed Alps & waters in cup boat, Gilgamesh crossed waters in magic boat

Horus Horites Haredi(H) orthodox Jews Ho.rites ~ 'auri.tes/skinglow=aurah(Arb)-area covered by cloth(prevents dehydration/chill)

- - -
the words for lion in Hebrew are ariel and labbi, ariel = au.rey.El = dawn/tawny/yellow/sun/fiery/orange-oriole/arimao(M:tiger)

labbi ~ tabby(English) ~ rabbi(t) ~ keleb/v(Heb/Arab) yellowred dog of desert

The term Aten(Egyp solar disk) ~ Adonai(Heb) ~ atimwa(AmerInd Cree): sleddog from original yellow-red coat (cf dingo, ari Khoi hunting dog, Carolina dingo) ~ komatim(Eskimo) dogsled

Flint tool burning Israel cave 350ka (who taught them to burn flint?)

No word in Proto-Indo-European for Tiger

Teeth extractors brought rice cult. to Japan/SEAsia
- - -

Why burn flint? No precedent, so slow development of tool hardening.

But smoke as insect incense/insecticide would have been noticed early.

Outside dome hut but in camp area...camp(fire) (gr/b)oundary = Xy.ambuatlaya = apa ra(Mbuti)

Caves BAD for fires: asphyxiation/Sphynx(Gk)

Khoesan keep fire at doorway, pygmies keep it outside except in rain, smudgepot/steampunk?

- - -

In layers >350 ka, almost none of the flints are burned.
But in every layer after that, many flints show signs of exposure to fire:
red or black coloration, cracking, small round depressions where fragments
known as pot lids flaked off from the stone.
Wildfires are rare in caves, so the fires that burned the Tabun flints
were probably controlled by ancestral humans, according to the authors.

Wrangham calls the finds "exciting", but is not convinced by the sequence
at this single site.
The earliest inhabitants may have used the cave in different ways, such as
to gather materials or butcher animals, saving their cooking for open-air
sites: "We clearly need more information."

Wrangham & Shimelmitz agree that whenever it arrived, fire gave ancestral
humans tremendous advantages: cooking, warmth, light & safety from
predators. [parasites?!?!]

http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.be/2014/12/israeli-cave-shows-earlie
st-use-of-fire.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Fee
d:+TheArchaeologyNewsNetwork+(The+Archaeology+News+Network)#.VIzOQSf96t8
- - -

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2014/12/tigers-and-proto-indo-europeans.html

No word root for Tiger in PIE? arimao(Malay) tiger = atimwa(Cree/Eskimo) sleddog(orig. yellow-red color = Ari(Khoe)/Ariel(H)/Leo/Oleo/Helios/Eloi/Kelebv); simba(Swah) lion = amba(Nanai) tiger
- - -

https://heritageofjapan.wordpress.com/2014/12/14/refugees-who-practised-ritual-tooth-ablation-brought-rice-cultivation-techniques-as-they-dispersed-to-taiwan-and-japan/

tooth pullers brought rice

(paddy rice(Malay) or hill rice(Iban)??)

sepupu(Malay) cousin ~ sepuku(Jap) umbil cord cut (suicide rebirth ritual) ~ cipapu(Hopi) wombhole/umbilicus/umbelly in floor of kiva ~ kippa(Heb) skullcap ~ qufa(Tigris) hullcup/corwycl - kuphos(Gk) cup)
cipactli(Aztec) scribe/scribal ~
ts'ib(Maya) scribe/scribal ~ xy(a/m)mamanwa(Philp Denisovan) =(xy(a/m))papua ~Zimbabwe (circular stone tower of (Jericho?) Great Zimbabwe) ~ Tower of Babel? ~ Biblos/bible/scribal/tribal

cousin/kin(d)/kinder/interest/nestegg(keep a ceramic egg under a laying hen so she will return to it and keep laying there rather than moving to better spot = investment/inuest?)

ari, hari (Sanskrit) life, yellow

sunrise dawn
sundown dusk set/Seth/Sett

http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=347146&t=347146

Was the grand gallery a ramp to move stone blocks up? Seems very plausible, perhaps combined with blocks encased in 1/4 circle panel drumwheels, as found in Queen Hatshepsut's mortuary temple, see at my wiki site: http://the-arc.wikispaces.com/Rolling+Stones
http://the-arc.wikispaces.com/file/view/rail.bmp
 -

Kennewick Man, Naia (Yucatan, Mexico) came via Siberia / Beringea

"Chatters, the man who kicked up that storm, changed his mind after studying the 13,000-year-old skeleton of a young girl discovered in an underwater cave in Mexico. As with Kennewick Man and other remains of the earliest prehistoric Americans, the shape of the girl’s skull was unusual. But DNA analysis proved that she shared a common ancestry with modern Native Americans, originating with the people who migrated into the land mass called Beringia beginning about 15,000 years ago."

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2025488002_kennewickdnaxml.html

“The result from Kennewick is the same one we’re getting from the other early individuals,” Chatters said. “It’s what I expected.”

Attempts to extract DNA from Kennewick Man’s bones in the late 1990s failed. But the technology has advanced so much since then that researchers recently succeeded in analyzing the genome of a 130,000-year-old Neanderthal from a single toe bone.

Willerslev’s Danish lab is a world leader in ancient DNA analysis. Last year, he and his colleagues reported the genome of the so-called Anzick boy, an infant buried 12,600 years ago in Montana. He, too, was a direct ancestor of modern Native Americans and a descendant of people from Beringia.

xy (Anc Egyptian) basin
mh (Anc Egyptian) fill
xy(a)mh ? xyambuatl ocean/eau.xy.am/sea
yam elah (Heb) = Sea mother proto-El.oi.him
yam (Mongol) coast to coast mail
camatl (Aztec) yam
camotl (Aztec) mouth
atl (Aztec) water

*xyambuatlaya Sky/bottle/area; Chamber water
Ca.Mbo.dia basin
Co.Mbo.undary
Co.Mbuangualua camp
kom (Dutch) cup/bowl/basin
komatim (Eskimo) dog sled from pulled boat

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009622;p=5

By Dead: " It is pretty foolish to argue the ancient Jews were "black" when they describe themselves in their old literature.
The Jews contrasted themselves to the white Germani and black Aethiops, so they regarded themselves to have an 'intermediate' complexion. This is not surprising given their latitude.

Rabbi, R. Ishmael, c. 120 AD said: "The sons of Israel are like boxwood, neither black nor white but between the two."

http://www.jstor.org/stable/659365 "

- - -

Note: The Dead Sea is very unusual, because the harsh sunlight common in the Middle East is blocked due to evaporation & ozone of the low/ deep basin of the Dead Sea, including extremely low Ultra Violet light. The single place on Earth that tropical albinos would probably do extraordinary well would be at Ein Gede oasis there.

Light/fair/white skin would be expected to develop and be sustained there due to both lack of UV and benefit of camouflage , since the shore region is encrusted with white mineral salts, similar to snow. Recall the bible passage that Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt.
 -
http://my-greatest-world-destination.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-dead-sea-jordan-israel.html

This perhaps explains the 'Leprosy' noted by alTakruri:

"The Torah of Moshe extensively details laws of leprosy (which trait ties in with the Egyptians' account). Biblical leprosy wasn't Hanson's disease but an affliction which in humans turns the skin pale and the hair yellow or white. Lepers who turned pale from head to foot could pass the trait on to their descendents and were not considered impure by Torah law." http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009156;p=1#000001

Agade : An initial {a}, in Akkadian, means "I"
example: ktm = to cover, a.ktm = I cover
In Arabic, aktum = I cover

Ain(Ein) Gede oasis near Qumran/Masada/Red Sea 50 miles South of Jerusalem
The name Ein Gedi is composed of two Hebrew/Arab words: ein: spring; gdi: goat-kid. (see bottom)

Were Agade and Ain Gede linked in some manner?

A legend of Attila the Hun: "According to the Miholjanec legend, Stephen V of Hungary had in front of his tent a golden plate with the inscription: "Attila, the son of Bendeuci, grandson of the great Nimrod, born at Ein Gedi: By the Grace of God King of the Huns, Medes, Goths, Dacians, the horrors of the world and the scourge of God." " wiki

a.gade (Sanskrit: अगद ) free of disease

Ta. kāy (Dravidian) just healed

ra.phe (Hebrew: רָפָא ) to heal
b'ariy(ut) (Hebrew: בָּרִיא) healthy/fat-born

Agade/Akkad/Akan/Akka

re. http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009623;p=1#000006

◾Compare the top picture upper center person kneeling (or 2nd picture, upper right person kneeling), with the little boy at 4:08 in this Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE3p9D_8XY

The leg/arm/body form seems to match much better than anyone else I've seen.

Comments on possibility that some Hebrews in Mesopotamia were Congo pygmy emigrants?
Note that Agade is a community in Nigeria, not far from the Cross River area. Are there Akka/Baka/Bacola/Mbaka people in that area?

http://www.geographic.org/geographic_names/name.php?uni=-2782264&fid=4295&c=nigeria

The City of Agade/Akkad in the Akkadian empire, supposedly in Mesopotamia north of Sumer, has never been located.

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/Blaschko.jpg

-

Growth lines (Hox genes?) and/or Camouflage pattern

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008478;p=3#000107

Pictures of captives similarly attired

response of the lioness,
"This assumes these various Nubians or people of the Southern lands, Sudan, Ethiopia, Lower Nubia, The Red Sea region,
all dressed exactly the same. Was this one big empire?
Or did the artist not know and make everybody a Kushite? "

IMO Sudd / Sudan / Dan / Nubia / Danube / Jordan / Dardanelles / Hellespont / Punt
were all linked.

Su.Da.Nu.Bia Sudd Anu, Georg Anu, D'arD Anu
Xyambuatlaya ~ Sh.anu.tolia ~ Ate.n/Akhtenaton

Shamash(Sum) sky god
She (Chinese) Sky god
Te(nger) (Mongol) sky god
Terang(Malay) clear sky
Aten(Egpt) solar disc
Adonai(Hebrew) god

Meri Anu
Mary Anne
MariAntoinette
Marionette
Pinocchio (talking cricket)

Elah Yam (antecedent of Eloyim) Canaan goddess
= Hera/Hella/Heracles/Helene/Helen of Troy/Etroxian/Etruscian/Tarkhin/Tochari-Turkic/Tochtli(N) e(s)qui(r/n)e/horse-squi-ra(bbi)t-

Tonatiuh(N) Tonalamatl(N) Aztec calendar = Anthony/Annual Sun cycle / Xyambuatlaya?

Meri Anu looks like Mary Anne. Some people say the Mary in the Bible come from Meri Isis meaning happy Isis the Egyptian mother Goddess. The book Genesis of the bible is Gen Isis the gene of Isis. Church father Origen name mean Ori Gen born of Oris/Horus, probably the source of the word origin. Jewish leader Moses in French is Moise that mean Mo Ise/Isi son of Isis/Isi/Ese. Jesus name in Arabia is Issa probably meaning Isi Sa son of Isi/Isis.

Thanks mena7,

very interesting possible linkages/lineages.

Perhaps gene=vagin=begin/genera=kin.der/dle)/clan/clal(H)
note: kindle/candle/qidlic(Eskimo) seal oil lamp in igloo)

I recalled belatedly:

Mari Anu: mercenary charioteers around Levant/Anatolia. (linked to the city of Mari on Euphrates?)

Isa in Malay is Jesus/Iesu.
- - -

Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (Tokaleya Tonga: the Smoke that Thunders), is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River at the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.

mosi = smokey/misty/musty/moat/mortar/mor(t)al/mote(dust)/smudge(pot)/mosquito/insect/(frank)incense/mould/mel(d/t)/molt(shed-change skin-snake/naga/mo.naga.lu/mongolu(Mbuti dome hut= mom.encoil)~ Shamash/Mesh/Mex/(K)MT/Chemist/madhunnig(Hind):honeymead/mad=mast(Persian) drunk

The area around Zimbabwe/Zambia/Limpopo is apparently a major portal of ancient humans, linked to the Great Rift Valley which runs through the Red Sea to Anatolia.

re. LEDAMA's thread on Kalenjin

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009669;p=1#000001
- - -

para-o(Kalenjin) great house/king
pharaoh(Egypt) (great house/empire)
p\hara(Japan) house
gara(Amhari) hill
mbara(Spanish) pregnant ~ borne/birth/Mbo.atl
kara(Basque) hill-cave

targa(Celtic) woven/wicker roundshield (targe)
magal(Basque) woven/wicker roundshield
magen(Hebrew) woven/wicker roundshield (mogen)
gerra(Pers/Greek) woven wicker roundshield
ger(Mongol) felt roundshelter yurt
gulu(Chinese) coil/circle, gu roundnet
ulu(Eskimo) snowknife to cut blocks to coil igloo
kwekwelo(IndoEuro) wheel/circuit/kirkl(Heb/Gael)
KhoeKhoe(KhoiSan) circulate=seasonal=o.axy.si.anu?
[oasis/(A/I)sis/axis/oxyambuatlaya/umbo/wamba/
wombelly= mabul(Hebrew)swell=gobekle(Turk) belly
mongolu(BaMButi)=mongulu(BambAka) dome hut woven/encoiled = mengelap(Malay) darken/inside/endura(Mbuti)/endwelling/swelling/belle/(band/belt)/built/pelt/felt/welt [bolo(Afr) peel]

The Ancient Egyptian religion was universel because of that Egyptian words and names are found all over the world. Many USA states have Ancient Egyptian names they have inherited from the Native Americans. The state of Tennessee name is Ten Ese/Isi meaning land of Goddess Ese/Isi/Isis. According to Frank Joseph an Ancient Egyptian temple was discovered under a Native American temple. The state of Mississipi name mean M Issi Cipi the Cipi of Goddess Issi/Ese/Isis. The state of Missouri name is Mesu Ra/Re/Ri meaning born of Ra. The state Arizona mean Zone of the Ari aka Kab Ari/Phoenician/Canaanite. Alaska is Al Aska meaning great land, Alabama is Ala bama meaning God Ala is here. Thhe Island of Manhattan is the God Min and Aten. The Island of Manhattan have a phallic shape. The Island of Manhattan remind me of the Ancient Island of Alexandria in Egypt.

The word King who is the title of European monarchs come from the Kikongo word Kingi/Kengi meaning the guardian and the shepperd that's why Kings and Popes carry the shepperd crook. The Kingdom of Kongo name come from the Kikongo Kanga, Kingi and the Languala Kenguela meaning the guardian, the shepperd. The Sumerians called themselves N kengi/Kengi meaning the shepperds.

Thanks mena7,

I always look back to the tropical rainforest Pygmy roots of human languages, to find connections between languages/dialects.

Although I think the Garden of Eden and Noahs Ark occurred in the Black Sea area; I think the Tower of Babel refers to Africa, and was originally the Mother Tree ~ Mbokho/Mbabwe?

Pokok(Malay) tree
Emak(Malay) mother

"Latin word, niger, "black", which itself is probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, "to be dark", akin to *nokw-, "night"." (WIKI)" kdolo

dark: "Suomi(Finn.), Saame(Lapp) and Häme(?) is similar to Sanskrit: Shyama" (Eurogenes comment by Nirhjar...uncertain if accurate)

cf Xyam = mela(Grk)/mengelap(M)/endura.mongolu(Mb) = in/under shelt/shield/shell/shine/cyan/shamash

dark referred to being inside/under a dome, shielded from rain, sun, wind. It referred to daytime darkness/shade as much as nighttime.

night: nekwe(PIE) = (mo)Nekue(lo) mongolu
snake: naga(India) = (bu)Naga(lo) bungalo
shield: magal(Basque) = m(bu)agal(u)

long form: Muabuanuagualua = mother/bell/hill/enduombelly/umbilical/shield
Mongolu(Mbuti) Mongulu(mbAka) Bungalo(India) Iglu(Innuit)

LEDAMA, where is your comment about gourd crowns? can't find it and out of computer time!

correction:
"p\hara(Japan) belly/umbilical (cord)

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009131;p=1#000043

Ok I found the gourd crown comment.

Ui + Ger = UiGhur (Chinese Turkestan)

Ui(Turk) yurt ~ huis(Du)/hut(ch)
Ger(Mongol) yurt ~ gerrha(Pers) dished shield

geratte(Middle English) powder spots on shield; mullets/roundels, heraldic crests

gerrha: Persian dished skin-covered wicker shield
gulu(Chinese) circle/coil/disk

(u)iglu/mo.unguolu
*muagulu shield/shelter/cell/ocelo/acalli

Wigwam/Wickiup = uig+(whip/weave/cup) = weave wicker corwyg/coracle

rattan(M) thorny palm-vine peeled and used to weave baskets/sepak takraw balls

Aten (Egypt) solar disk ~ Adonai(H) monotheistic

gerrha gulu uighur ui-ger-ratten = wicke.r-r.attan - Aten(Egpt) ~ Adan(Arb flood god) ~ jordan/Georgian/Eden? coracle bowl-boat/dished-shield used to cross flooded areas.

shiboleth(H) xybuatl/sybele/skipper...a head/skull/cephalic/kepala(M)/ce palli(N) of grain seeds ... river ca(ptain/bin) & script much later than wild grain harvesting

(s)crawl before (s)crib

tangan lima : hand-5 (Malay)

tatlima : hand-5 (Eskimo) (words contracted & joined)

monguolu (Mbuti x mbAka = Pre-Pygmy split)

muabuanuagualua (Pre-Pygmy-San split....India bungalo)

xymbuanuagualua = after rainforest exit (sawed/sod) sun/dry/windy

yn-gulu / iglu = after warm climate exit (snowed)

African/Asian <-> Iberian Ivory Road

http://bellbeakerblogger.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-ivory-road.html

http://www.ganino.com/images/gardinar/d/D3.jpg Yes I forgot about the hair glyph D3. Det. for šny “hair,” iwn “complexion. set km.t jwn (iwn) complexion" Ethiop @ http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009176;p=1#000017

šny “hair,”
xya.(mbuatlaya) sun/shine/sky(ten.geri(~Aten/Adonai/An.thon.y)) Mongol/she(Chinese)/heavenly/celestial=xya/Xian?(oldest capital)
(Chinese) tien shan = celestial mtns/Tarim Basin

yad(Heb) hand vs tanganlima(Malay)/tatlimat(Eskimo)

Rainforest canopy=topan(Bantu)=hutan(Malay)=kufa(Arab)cup.boat=kuphos(Greek) cup ~ endumonguolu(MButi)undercover/cupover/comeover(cupt)/overcome

a.u.Rah.t(Arab) ~ zone of hair/fur/glow/co-fur/c.o-ver = xy.uambuatla/sky.bound/šny(Egypt) hair

ra.mb.utan(Malay) hairy fruit
rambut(Malay) hair

xyambuatlaya = transition from rainforest outwards

- - -

"... you are right. once we leave the forest we are no longer Bantu=topan(reversal)=above us, god of Milmo, the forest. [molimo (Mbuti) mong.herald]

On the plains, where there are fewer places to hide, the theatre of imaginary religion begins,
or the atlamati/adam, to think we have the protection of a superior being produced by the fibrillation of fear, the great stimulator of thought, the grandmother of coffee. " CL @ pers. corresp.

" yana(Aztec)=protect oneself fm the rain(hood/sealskin)=yani(N)=pilgrim,=airyana/aryan

yes, you're right, the Alans=alaua/oalauh settled in the Azov/Caspian area, and there were fresh water seals there. they were highly prized & praised as mercenaries " CL @ pers. corresp.)

Interesting! also perhaps Marianu(charioteers of Aram/Anatol) & Aryans (of India)?

Oannes Oasis/Johannes/Jonah... belly of a whale/fish/seal/shekel?

2 Yana Rivers in NE Siberia had H tools...cf Tana/DarDanelles/Dan..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ukraine%20mammoth%20tent&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=ukraine%20mammoth%20tent&sc=0-10&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=2A91A3FC07B48FC815F8D86B77AD90DEAC356F35&se lectedIndex=18

-

-

Sealskins - worn as hood/shawl/cowl/caul & as tent cover when at coast (inland, mammoth pelts were used eg. Ukraine)

Tabernakel

http://the-arc-ddeden.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-dream-paleo-poem.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0140094296/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=4961741046&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1yfv1dxh3g_e

excellent book on human nomadism/history/Australian aborigines

nomad - one who selects which pasture to graze
nomos(Grk) pasture

tamazight(Berber)/tamashek(Tuareg)/Nemadi(Mauritania hunting caste)/Nomad

wargus (Mid Latin) stranger, wolf

prey (English transl. of Gypsy) settlement

meat (English transl. Austl. Abo.) white people, welfare check

hunter psych. within culture maintained, often as a form of xenophobia

The stranger, if not a trader, is an enemy (Old English saying)
- - -

Tablita(Pueblo AmerInd) tiara worn by girls dancing at ceremony

tabernakle(Hebrew) tent/camp of Holy gathering

taboo/kapu(Malay-Polyn.

table altar

a note for ref. re. ein gedi / agade / synop site in Er Rabbah, Jordan (*see bottom note), possibly the same place as Kiriath raba? http://www.topverses.com/Bible/Joshua/15/60

Jim Stinehart, scholar of Patriarchical narratives in Old Testament bible:
" Each of Joshua 14: 15, Judges 1: 10 and Joshua 15: 13 tells us that Hebron’s former name was Kiriath Arba.

And as to Hurrian names, here’s Joshua 14: 6, 13: “Caleb the son of
Jephunneh the Kenezite. …And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of
Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.” Caleb and Jephunneh and Kenezite and
Hebron, and Arba as well, may all be Hurrian names. In addition, the Bible
tells us over and over that Hebron and/or Kiriath Arba is associated with
various Hurrian-sounding names of the Anakim.

Moreover, “Caleb”/KLB, which may well be KL-B, looks suspiciously like the
Amarna Letters name of the city of Hebron: Qiltu, which is probably QL-T.
Q and K are indistinguishable in Hurrian. –T is a standard ending [both in
Hurrian and west Semitic], and –B can be a suffix in Hurrian.

The story may have gotten mixed up over time. Originally, Rubutu/Kiriath
Arba/Beth Shemesh was dominated by Hurrian princelings Tagi and Shuwardata in
the Amarna Letters, being a Hurrian city in the eastern Shephelah.
X-BR-W-N was a Patriarchal pet nickname for the eastern Shephelah, with RB-T
[Rubutu/Kiriath Arbe, all of which feature R-B] being an older name of a place in
the eastern Shephelah. So historically, RB-T/Kiriath Arba was indeed the
former name of the place later called X-BR-W-N, although historically, that
place was the Shephelah, not the city northwest of the Judean Desert. "
- - -
DD'eDeN: "Jerusalem is not within the Dead Sea Region re. UV/White background, it is on a hilly plateau 2,500ft.

Ein Gedde oasis is within the Dead Sea Region.

The weather map UV chart for Ein Gedi says 9, however the data is actually from Er Rabbah, Jordan, elevation 3,020ft ., not Ein Gedi oasis which is approximately at Dead Sea shore level: -1,407 feet (-429.00 meters)."
- - -

arba ~ rabbah

"Kiriath-Jearim (, , Latin: Cariathiarim) "city of woods" - was a city in the Land of Israel mentioned 18 times in the Hebrew Bible. It was also referenced by the names Kiriath-Ba'al, Ba'alah and Ba'ale-Judah."wiki

Shambalah ~ Xyam Ba'alah ~ sky-shine-skin + Ba'alah ~ Valhalla(Viking heaven)

mabul(Heb) swell/bloom/totemblom
magal(Basque) protect/shield(seal/ceiling/child)
mo\agen David(Heb) starshield of David
Monguolu(Mbuti) dome woven hut/guolu/cover.n

Kiriath Arba = city/site/settlement of Arba/4th day Rabu(Malay)/Four = quatro(Span)/empat(Malay)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiriath-Jearim

Kiriath-Jearim (קִרְיַת-יְעָרִים, Ancient Greek: Καριαθιαριμ, Latin: Cariathiarim) "city of woods" - was a city in the Land of Israel ...
Tel Qiryat Ye'arim - city of thickets

plausible that Hebron was the crossroads of major routes (Egypt-Babylon inland / Egypt-Anatolia coastal)

I hoped that Pueblo "tablita" was a native word, but it seems to be a Spanish imported term (=tablet) to describe the headdresses worn by Pueblo girls at dance ceremonies.

-

The feathers represent clouds, I'd guess the stepped pyramid form relates to Aztec pyramids.
- - -
tablet table steppe tepe tell(Arab: hill) steeple

[Note: The Black Sea Deluge occurred about 7,700 years ago (7.7ka), pushing semi-isolated populations outward in all directions. DD]

- - -

How Europeans evolved white skin

Ann Gibbons 2.4.15 Science

Most of us think of Europe as the ancestral home of white people.
A new study shows that pale skin, tallness & the ability to digest milk as
adults arrived in most of Europe rel.recently.
The work (AAPA) offers dramatic evidence of recent evolution in Europe,
it shows that most modern Europeans don't look much like those of 8 ka.

In the past year, researchers have sequenced the genomes of ancient
populations, rather than only a few individuals.
By comparing key parts of the DNA across the genomes of 83 ancient
individuals from archaeological sites throughout Europe, they reported
earlier this year that Europeans today are a mix of the blending of at
least 3 ancient populations of hunter-gatherers & farmers who moved into
Europe in separate migrations over the past 8 ka.
The study revealed that a massive migration of Yamnaya herders from the
steppes north of the Black Sea may have brought Indo-European languages to
Europe c 4.5 ka.
<http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2015/02/mysterious-indo-european-ho
meland-may-have-been-steppes-ukraine-and-russia>

Now, a new study from the same team drills down further to search for
genes that were under strong natural selection, including traits that
spread rapidly throughout Europe in the past 8 ka.
By comparing the ancient European genomes with those of recent ones from
the 1000 Genomes Project, Iain Mathieson found 5 genes associated with
changes in diet & skin pigmentation that underwent strong natural
selection.
The scientists confirmed an earlier report that the H/Gs hunter-gatherers
in Europe could not digest the sugars in milk 8 ka.
They also noted an interesting twist: the first farmers also couldn't
digest milk.
The farmers who came from the Near East c 7.8 ka & the Yamnaya
pastoralists who came from the steppes 4.8 ka lacked the version of the
LCT gene that allows adults to digest sugars in milk.
It wasn't until c 4.3 ka that lactose tolerance swept through Europe.

When it comes to skin color, the team found a patchwork of evolution in
different places, and 3 separate genes that produce light skin, telling a
complex story for how Europeans' skin evolved to be much lighter during
the past 8 ka.
Hs who came out of Africa to originally settle Europe c 40 ka are presumed
to have had dark skin, which is advantageous in sunny latitudes.
The new data confirm that c 8.5 ka, early H/Gs in Spain, Luxembourg &
Hungary also had darker skin:
They lacked versions of 2 genes (SLC24A5 & SLC45A2- that lead to
depigmentation in Europeans today.

But in the far north (where low light levels would favor pale skin) the
team found a different picture in H/Gs:
7 people from S-Sweden (Motala 7.7 ka) had both light skin gene variants,
SLC24A5 & SLC45A2.
They also had a 3d gene (HERC2/OCA2) which causes blue eyes, and may also
contribute to light skin & blond hair.
Thus ancient H/Gs of the far north were already pale & blue-eyed, but
those of C- & S-Europe had darker skin.

Then, the first farmers from the Near East arrived in Europe;
They carried both genes for light skin.
As they interbred with the indigenous H/Gs, one of their light-skin genes
swept through Europe, so that C- & S-Europeans also began to have lighter
skin.
The other gene variant (SLC45A2) was at low levels until c 5.8 ka, when it
swept up to high frequency.

The team also tracked complex traits, such as height, which are the result
of the interaction of many genes.
They found that selection strongly favored several gene variants for
tallness in N- & C-Europeans, starting 8 ka, with a boost coming from the
Yamnaya migration, starting 4.8 ka.
The Yamnaya have the greatest genetic potential for being tall of any of
the populations, which is consistent with measurements of their ancient
skeletons.

In contrast, selection favored shorter people in Italy & Spain starting 8ka.

[Note: short people are the original phenotype, tall people evolved due to selection for open areas, longer strides (less mechanical energy per pace) in coordination with longer lower limb pendulum effect. (cf Okapi vs giraffes, forest elephant vs savanna elephant, forest antelope vs plains antelope, etc.) DD]

<http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2015/03/13/016477>
Spaniards, in particular, shrank in stature 6 ka, perhaps as a result of
adapting to colder Tps & a poor diet.

The team found no immune genes under intense selection, which is counter
to hypotheses that diseases would have increased after the development of
agriculture.
The paper doesn't specify why these genes might have been under such
strong selection.
But the likely explanation for the pigmentation genes is to maximize
vitamin D synthesis.
<http://www.sciencemag.org/content/346/6212/934.summary?sid=91e8ebfd-8581-4
bd7-bac5-26dc16bf5a87>,
Nina Jablonski looked at the poster's results at the meeting.
People living in northern latitudes often don't get enough UV to
synthesize vitamin D in their skin,
so natural selection has favored 2 genetic solutions to that problem:
- evolving pale skin that absorbs UV more efficiently,
- or favoring lactose tolerance to be able to digest the sugars & vitamin
D naturally found in milk:
"What we thought was a fairly simple picture of the emergence of
depigmented skin in Europe is an exciting patchwork of selection as
populations disperse into northern latitudes.
This data shows how much recent evolution has taken place."

- - -

[M Verhaegen @ AAT] "I just sent this comment:

Very interesting article, thanks a lot. I have 2 comments.
1) There are a lot of possible 'explanations' for skin color in humans: it
is thought that melanin (& pheo-melanin?) hinders production of folic acid
& of vit.D (although we get most vit.D from eating fish etc.), melanin
hinders proliferation of bacteria (cf. more pigment in genital skin,
darker nipples during pregnancy & lactation), and is thought to protect
against skin cancer (although patients treated for psoriasis with PUVA get
more skin cancer on their genitals than elsewhere), but the simplest
explanation (+ anti-bacterial?) is that, like fur color in most mammals,
human skin color makes more invisible against the background (camouflage
theory of Raymond Cowles), cf white polar bears, grey grizzleys, brown
bears in temperate climate, black bear in (sub)tropical forests. KhoiSan
(Kalahari), Berbers (Sahel) & Austr.aboriginals are brown, much lighter
than tropical Africans. In Europe, Scandinavians are pale but tan in
summer (even get counter-shadow), Brits in sunlit forest are reddish &
have freckles (pheo-melanin), Medit.people are darker etc. Gorillas on the
forest floor are black, but orangs higher in the trees are reddish etc.
2) On linguistic grounds (Dutch 'tooi' (ornament) is etymologically
derived from 'touw' (cord)) I proposed (1997 in Dutch) that the corded
beaker people might have spoken an Indo-European language, possibly
Germanic (which fits the geographical distribution). The Yamnaya seem to
have adopted an IE language, possibly Germanic: this might explain the
creolisation we see in proto-Germanic. If the Yamnaya were light-colored &
very tall (see Ann Gibbons' article), this fits my idea they adopted
proto-Germanic. The distribution of Yamnaya genes outside the
Germanic-speaking regions of Europe can be explained by the mass
migrations 3d-5th centuries."

- - -

Comment by somitc @ AAT:

"Doesn't explain why Asians and American Indians that
received the same sunlight as Europeans are not as light
skinned as Europeans.

One speculation that I read claimed the cause was
the Gulf Stream starting in the U.S. Mississippi River.
The Gulf Stream keeps Europe warm enough to grow
folic acid depleting foods like wheat so early Europeans
needed more sunlight to get through their skin to
compensate. Having the same sunlight as American
Indians and Asians meant that lighter skin was needed.

I'm no expert in any area but suspect that many people
being far from the ocean also meant that more vitamin D
had to come from the sun instead of from ocean food or
lighter skin was needed to convert some vitamin A to
vitamin D."

- - -

comment by christianengelbrecht@AAT

"Populations inhabiting the same lattitude don't necessarily receive the same degree of solar radiation across the generations. Another factor to consider besides same lattitude is degree of terrestrial vegetation, which can shield much of the sun. Ie. if a region is more dominated by woodland, e.g. the tundra to temperate forests of C Europe, Scandinavia, the Baltic and Russia, these populations (case in point, Russians, Finns, Baltic and Scandinavian peoples are traditionally the palest of ethnicities) would've gotten paler in those regions than, say, the more open Asian and American plains, plus the ice covered polar regions with almost no vegetation. Therefore e.g. E Asian Turkish, Inuit, Samoyedic, Amerindian peoples, etc. would be darker by comparison, even though they would've adapted at similar lattitudes."

http://essays.backintyme.biz/item/332
The color line

ties to above article on skin color change
- - -

Comment by Heather Twist @ AAT

"Wheat may or may not get "enough Vit D" itself, but it for sure interferes with Vit D absorption. In a way that rice doesn't. There are all kinds of
examples where people ... even people like the Egyptians living in a REALLY SUNNY country ... start having Vit D issues when they switch to wheat as a staple.

It is kind of a question why Europebecame "ground zero" for wheat consumption, but part if it is the climate. Wheat will grow in cold weather.

The same thing happened in the US. Most of the northern states standardized on wheat as their staple crop, because it grew in winter. The southern states grew more rice and sweet potatoes.

Egypt though, is a hot climate that still grows wheat well. Maybe because it is drier?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nectar_in_a_Sieve

A story of a family of South India farmers; a few pages of the story cover the birth, infancy and childhood of the grandson, who is born with pink eyes and white skin. He is excluded from village kids games, largely due to hazard of skin sunburn.

-

Comment by Heather Twist @ AAT:

"I also kind of wonder if the cave people really WERE dark. Yes, the men in the paintings were dark. But also, the paintings were likely symbolic, and the men could have also been gods
or spirits. The people in the pictures were also naked, but the cave people had clothes, and the climate was awfully cold for running around naked. Also in the pictures are beings that are colored with white pigment, though they don't
seem very human.

Now, for the Neanderthals, they have DNA. And apparently the DNA shows that the Neanderthals were light-skinned and red-haired. Also a bit chunky, though how they figured that I'm not sure (you can tell something about fatness from bones
I think). Do they have DNA for the cave people?

Seems like they do, but they ones I found are of lineages that are ancestors of non-Europeans, oddly enough.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-19423147

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/03/120314-new-human-species-chinese-plos-science-red-deer-cave/

The other odd thing is that the cave people made pictures (presumably of themselves) cartoon form. These are oddly modern in look. But whatever color their skin is, the drawings are clearly NOT negroid. They do not have curly hair nor flat wide noses. In fact, the noses are more like a probiscus monkey than like a modern European's.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/caveart.htm
(scroll down a couple of pages)

Also, the drawings clearly show women as being quite fat.

But then, just to make it more interesting ... it looks as though perhaps the "light skin gene" actually was imported into Europe from somewhere near India and the Middle East! Which makes
you wonder. Certainly there is no lack of sun there. It IS around the area where wheat cultivation started though.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2535288/Light-skin-colour-Europeans-stems-ONE-ancestor-lived-India-Middle-East-10-000-years-ago.html

And blue eyes may have originated totally separately, and maybe in Europe. This guy looks more like the sketches of the cave dwellers. Maybe the blue eyes were more of a darkness
adaptation:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/dna-test-of-7000-year-old-tooth-overturns-popular-image-of-light-skinned-european-hunter-gatherers/

Blue eyes see better in the dark than brown eyes, but have a harder time in bright light. So people who lived in caves for tens of thousands
of years ... blue eyes makes sense! "

Jet & Amber bead necklaces in Beaker-Age Britain

Jet - black fossilized wood of monkey-puzzle tree
Amber - red-yellow fossilized resin of pine tree

Did Jet represent night/interior of dome hut/forest interior/panther totem,
and Amber represent dawn/fire/tiger-lion totem?

Amba is a term for tiger/fire in Siberia, while Apa is the Congo Mbuti term for fire.

Jet may perhaps relate to Djet of Ancient Egypt?

- - -

http://bellbeakerblogger.blogspot.com/2015/04/sentimentalism-in-jet-amber-necklaces.html

*muabuanuagualua = *monguolu = mengelap(Malay)/mela(Greek)/negro(Latin)/dekwe(PIE)/dark(English)

igloo(Innuit)
bungalo(India)
monguolu = mongolu(Mbuti) + mongulu(Akka)

As you can see for yourself,

negro = igloo = home (dome hut interior)

The term "Nigger" means exactly the same, dome hut interior, based on paleo-etymology, equivalent of saying "Homey" (endumonguolu = nd.huom.nguolu ~ intr.home.holy)

Maybe nobody on Earth knows this, or cares. But its at the root of human language, far more ancient than the pyramids of Egypt or Stonehenge.

I've been called Nigger twice, by a white red-bearded hick in San Diego, and a black dread-headed dude in Miami. Just another nickname, I've earned many, in many tongues.

Note the dates on this map of Europe, all follow the great flood of the Black Sea region of 7,700 years ago.

http://bellbeakerblogger.blogspot.com/2015/04/guess-whatlp-allele-not-under-selective.html

Sanskrit = Aztec = Hebrew = Fang roots?

Note: compare Senaga river to (Sanskrit/Hindi) Naga/snake, and Agade(Nigerian/Akkadian) to Ein Gedi(Hebrew oasis), and Fang to (Aztec) Pac.
- - -

(from Mena's thread)

Who Are the Fang People?

One of the main Bantu tribes in central Africa is represented by the Fangs, who inhabit Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon and Gabon. The Fangs came from Nigeria recently, during the Bantu expansion. Fang legends speak about terrible battles their ancestors fought against warriors covered by long clothes and riding horses. The legends say that the Fang people were expelled from their former territories by red giants; fleeing from them, they reached a river they could not cross, but an enormous snake formed an arch with its body and family after family could move to the other bank.

But a woman killed the snake and the other Fangs could not cross the river.The legends bear a beat of truth: the Fangs were forced out of Nigeria by the Islamized tribes of Hausa, which wear long clothes and are skilled riders; on their way, the Fangs had to cross the Sanaga River, which poses serious difficulties, and one Fang fraction, the Beti, still live on the other bank of the river. The Fangs came from a savanna area and had to adapt to the rain forest.

The Fang population live on a plateau having an average altitude of 600 m (2,000 ft), separated from the coast by a chain of low mountains. The clime has two seasons: wet and dry. The forest is made of giant trees, including ebony, mahogany, okoume, bamboo and others.

Fang villages are located in forest clearings. They consist in a small number of huts made of trunks, branches and straw; the roof is conic or in two slopes and the greatest part of the daily activity (cooking, cereal grinding, banana paste making in large mortars) is performed outside, as the interior of the huts is dark, small, badly aerated and it is only used for sleeping sheltered against rains.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/

In a thickly wooded area in southwestern Gabon, the increasing iboga (scientifically «Tabernanthe iboga») - the cult psychedelic plant of Equatorial Africa. This shrub with yellow flowers, resembling coffee, was officially declared a national treasure of Gabon. The iboga grows, in addition to Gabon and southern Cameroon, and in the mainland of Equatorial Guinea. A cult of Aborigines practiced it - Pygmies, since a long time ago.
-------------------------------------------------

The Fang people moved from Nigeria open lands to small openings in rainforest of Gabon, they have typical Bantu traits - conical huts, farming etc.

Fang(Bantu tribe) = Pac (Aztec good health prefix)

Fang = pac(Aztec prefix), pacalli(Aztec) pharmacy, pachichiua (Aztec) to make medicines, pacholiztli (Aztec) to construct, pachiui (Aztec) to sate/satisfy, pachiuia (Aztec) keep watch.

Agade(name of a village in Nigeria) = good health (Sanskrit) = *Ein Gedi, Red Sea region oasis.

jari (Norse) dwarf
jari (Malay) finger/thumb

tandlima (Eskimo) hand/antler
tangan lima (Malay) - hand 5
lau lima (Hawaiian) - many hands (paddle together)

KheMeT/eGeBT/Xyambuat = sun-bound?
Shamash (Akkad.) Sun god
Shema (Hebrew) morning prayer
Shaman (Siberian) priestly caste
CoShen (Hebrew) priestly caste

Xy = sky/shine but also = co/god/to(gether)

totem/baal/mabul emblem/wombelly

Baal - house-post gods of Canaan
Bel - sun god of Babylon
Utu - sun god of Sumer
Shamash - sun god of Akkad
shamash (H) lighter candle to light menorah

She Mut (Chin) sun to shine

She (Chin) sun = Aten/Tengeri(Mongol)/Adonai

Mut (Chin) to shine

Mul (Chaldean) to shine

Shema(H) morning prayer

Ha Shem(H) the name (god, sun)

Xyambuatla(u/y)a Jambalaya pray/eat meal together around campfire

Study shows that modern hunter-gatherer tribes operate on egalitarian basis, suggesting inequality was an aberration that came with the advent of agriculture
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/may/14/early-men-women-equal-scientists#comment-52209638

Our prehistoric forebears are often portrayed as spear-wielding savages, but the earliest human societies are likely to have been founded on enlightened egalitarian principles, according to scientists.

A study has shown that in contemporary hunter-gatherer tribes, men and women tend to have equal influence on where their group lives and who they live with. The findings challenge the idea that sexual equality is a recent invention, suggesting that it has been the norm for humans for most of our evolutionary history.

Mark Dyble, an anthropologist who led the study at University College London, said: “There is still this wider perception that hunter-gatherers are more macho or male-dominated. We’d argue it was only with the emergence of agriculture, when people could start to accumulate resources, that inequality emerged.”
- -
Yes. Agriculture changed the game, males stored-defended community grain for next season's seed not allowing anyone to eat it.

Before this, yams were gardened, with chunks replanted immediately to regrow, so females always had shared power, being the food gatherers/storers.

sow & bury (yam buds (eyes)) = grow & (re)born

this changed to annual grain cycle = store/defend = seedefence = the keep of the castle = cepan(Aztec Nauatl) = loaf-keeper = hlaford = lord

compare: mastaba/mastapla = benched/bank = mast & staple (nuts & grains) relates to deep/steep/step/leap/reap

(from CL) leeward leap so steep the tea, sow deep the sea. weep/uipana(N)=call into line, weave/whip/wife/wipe=sweep.
deep/steep/step=tepetl(N)=intrepid/interpret/temple\chapel/xyambuatl(E).

sleep=s(l)/ceep=keep(E)=cepan(OE)=cepan(N)=gather, lit.=one place.

Far as I know, yam gardening does not include burning the field at any time.

Grain farming does include seasonal/annual burning or a similar weed-clearing action (plowing/flooding).

Both yams (the green top) and grains (the seed spike at top) are cropped/lopped/coppiced and then replanted in the soil when soil is moist and soft. The Name Egypt/gebt/kmet/copt may relate to this. In Malay, to make/do/birth/build is buat, possibly copt is from co-buat/com-buat/xyambuatl.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009779;p=1#000007

!Kung term: hxaro ostrich eggshell beads made 40ka by females to trade abroad to insure welcome during famines

Black Sea.Czar DD'eDeN uexine/Ukraine/oxym/Crimea
Alas Baja Qalif de Guererro Negro
Le jardin MY.ami du Nord Carib
Oasis gan Dedan al'Ula (eagle's wing)
- - -
oXyambuatlaya Mbuanuagualua aquaeus okeonos
j.a.mbo amb(u/a)ni umb(u/e)tlt wombelly
ododem/totem (oft/oft)endum(onguolu)
psychology = (psy/xy)(xua/cho)(mbuat)l(o/a)(g)ya
bolo/mabul/npl/(st/sl/d)eep(ee)ll ripari/driplet
yes we have *heaven /qufa(sky(c)(upp/ov)er)/xyam(bua(x/tal)y(a))/tien/(z/s)ion/she/a.ten.ger.i/terang/lan(g)i(t)

*"Old English heofon "home of God," earlier "sky, firmament," probably from Proto-Germanic *hibin-, dissimilated from *himin- (cognates Low German heben, Old Norse himinn, Gothic himins, Old Frisian himul, Dutch hemel, German Himmel "heaven, sky"), perhaps from a PIE root *kem- "to cover" (also proposed as the source of chemise). [Watkins derives it elaborately from PIE *ak- "sharp" via *akman- "stone, sharp stone," then "stony vault of heaven"].

Plural use in sense of "sky" is probably from Ptolemaic theory of space composed of many spheres, but it also formerly was used in the same sense as the singular in Biblical language, as a translation of Hebrew plural shamayim" per Etymologyonline
- - -
note: shema(H) morning prayer (towards sun)
Ha shem(H) the name/god (sun/shamash/Xyamaxy)

Craka (Viking Old Norse) black crow (cf cackle)

ic = egg(shell) & ice (both white crackable)

opo/cal.aba.sh (African) bottle gourd shell
kel.apa (Malay) coconut shell
op (Ainu/Japan) container
coop/cube/box (English) container
kaba (Arab) container/cube
teba (Hebrew) basket, ark
mastaba (Arab) bench (to collect mast/nuts)
mast (English) pole to reach/shake-off nuts

Ojibwe / Chipewa, Great Lakes, US/Canada

COLORS (cf 4 Seas)
Misskwa Red
Mukaday Black
Wabiska White
Ozawahn Yellow

Opwagun Pipe
Opwagunahsin Pipestone (my Gramma from there)
Odaynahwing Towns / Villages (cf Ainu:khotan)
Odaynahwaynsun hamlet/camp
Weegiwahm Lodge / House (cf wigwam/wikiup)
Wesinniwin Food / Eat

Ishkoday Ahsin Flint / Fire Rock
Dikkinagun Cradleboard
Gahskeebidaggun Bandolier bag
Wagakwud Axe
Ahbwi Paddle
Jeemonnug Canoes
Weegwasi Jeemon Birchbark canoe
Ahsubbi Net
Awkik Vessel
Zhooshkudabahn Sled (cf komatim Inn.)

Jambo(Afr.) Boozhoo(Ojb) Greet/Meet (bond/bound)
Endura (Mbuti) B.eindiga.in(Ojb) Enter in
Nenek (Malay) Nokomis(Ojb) Grandmother
Mengkahwin (Malay) Wedigaywin (Ojb) Wedding/unite

Chiahyaog(Ojb) Elders
Odoidaymiwan(Ojb) Clan system
Odoidaymiwug(Ojb) Clans ododem/totem

Ostegwan(Ojb) Head(Eng) Rosh(Hebrew) Kepala(Malay)

Omisud(Ojb) Stomach estomago(Span) ombelly

Iskodaywatomi(Ojb) Fire People ~ ignitio
Odaywatomi(Ojb) Potawatomi
Ohkwamingininiwug(Ojb) Ice people ~ eskimo
Oshkibimadizeeg(Ojb) New People
Chimookamonnug(Ojb) Long Knives
Zhaagnaash (Ojb) White people

Banaysheug(Ojb) Birds burung(Malay) aves
Deedeens(Ojb) Bluejay

Michi Zeebee(Ojb) Mississippi/Great river

names (African):
Obama
Obafemi ~ lord at home?
Olawali
Alaro

Note: the name Iroquois was not a tribe's name, it meant "I have spoken" in their language, mistranslated as their name, during a powwow.
- - -

to wed/unite:
awade (Akan/Ashante)
kahwin (Malay/Indonesian)
wedigaywin (Ojibewa)

I've found a very unexpected link:
Coastal Eskimo (E) & Old Dutch (OD) words match

Innuit (E) = Duid (OD) meaning: people
kom.atim (E) = kom (OD) meaning sled/bowl(coracle bowlboats were first pulled by dog teams at Phu Quoc island, this changed to long boats and sleds)

Basque, Ki-Swahili, English links:

Ola. ntzaro (Basque) Pre-Christian Winter Solstice "Spirit" fest, story, chimney https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olentzero

Kilima. njaro (Swahili) Mountain + god of cold (Kilimanjaro has a chimney/snow-ringed crater https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kilimanjaro

Sa. ntiaclau (English) Sa.ntaClaus/Sa.intnicholas fest, story, chimney https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

Finally. I knew it had deep roots.

Now, is there a link to the Sapmi/Laap reindeer-riding shaman, or the Yx/Ice-Crimea pyramids, Jardin D'eDeN 4 rivers, Noah's flood, Plato's Atlantis & Arthur's Avalon submerged castle stories?? Soon we will know.

Kilimanjaro mountain in Africa, from Swahili, literally "mountain of the god of cold," from kilima "mountain" + njaro "god of cold."
(my interp smokeyhillmoundarea) s(no)wy at top Xylmbuangualu -> s(mo)k(e)y + mo(ngolu/njaro)

Mt. Kinabalu(Borneo) also snow peaked ~ smokey= Ki + (m/n)ab(uangu)alu where uangu became mountain/gunung in front of word

Sa.ntiaco.laus

Ola.ntzaro olah(Hung) offering (to mountain?)

(Mb)olandjaro (my interp of original form meaning moundhill/monguolu)

Mulanje (Malawi: Chichewa) mountain

Selanje (pronounced) Slainte (written) (Scottish) ~ a (cup) lift? a toast ~ cheers/salud/ganbai/yamsing

Mohenjo Daro (Indus Valley Civ. city) (my interp. Mo'end'jaro ~ Mo'und'goi'roa ~ Mbuanguara ~ Mbuangualuo ~ Mongolu(MButi)/Bungalo(India)

Gunung(M) mtn (my interp. mongunungunu)

Gara(Tigrinya/Amharic) mtn.

All mountains in West Papua are in the Maoke Mountains, a translation of the name “Sneeuwgebergte” or Snowy Mountains endowed to them in 1623 by Jan Carstensz,(Du?)

More likely, Kilimanjaro = kiln/chimney + monguolu/mound, from earlier (mo)ngueli.mongualo a duplicated derived Pygmy term. Apa = fire, ki = smokey.

Pygmies historically lived around Lake Malawi (Bantu history) and the Rift Valley(Adamson).

Mandinka shield, house, elephant's trunk ~ chum, chimney, climb, crimea, kilimanjaro, breechclaut?

Manjo mangajo manjaro?

bump

There is a large deposit of magnetite on a volcanic island near Borneo. I think this island was part of the ancient route to southern Japan of the Jomon/Ama/Ami/Yami pygmies, and that this magnetic mineral was collected and used, and at some point was used to make a foil wrapped around spatulas (to pry abelone) & spears used by women divers, and later eventually (after association with Ainu/Aynu) compasses and then structural steel swords.

"Magnetite is NOT a normal occuring iron oxide, it forms in vulcanos in contact with water vapour and in the air above 1200°C from rust... " Frank Doernenburg @ HOM
- - -
L. Cooper @ HOM: "Meteoritic iron is known in Egypt from pre-dynastic graves, and seems to have been considered precious, although not unheard of.

A. M. Roth (JEA 79, p. 69ff [hebrewjudaic.as.nyu.edu]) proposed that smaller pieces from such iron sources were used in the Opening of the Mouth ceremony during the Old Kingdom - forming the blades in the adze from this ritual - directly similar, she says, to the "iron-bladed chisels found in the tomb of Tutankhamun (that) resemble closely chisels shown in representations of 'opening of the mouth' tools". "

The Dawada (Duwwud, Dawwada) is an Afro-Arab ethnic group from the Fezzan region of southern Libya. They live around the Gabraoun oasis where they harvest brine shrimp in the salty lakes. They dry the brine shrimp and sell them to caravans. The name Dawada means "worm-folk" in Arabic due to this practice. The appearance of the Dawada is distinctive and has been likened to the Khoisan, perhaps a relict population

Dawada Libya <- brine shrimp - Dead Sea ~> Dravidian [also natron for tanneries, which Jews did in India]

Oran Algeria <- Aura/lion/dawn -> Oroan Non-Hindu Wild boar Totem/taboo -> India

Da'udum - potsherd with name, meaning either Land of Dawadu or House of David, found near Ebla/Elba/Elam.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009379#000000

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009382;p=1#000013

Emma Mbua author

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-raven-bone-crimea-insight-neanderthal.html

(Possibly made by AMHs?)

Majkic and colleagues conducted a mixed-methods study to assess whether the two extra notches on the ZSK raven bone were made by Neanderthals with the intention of making the final series of notches appear to be evenly spaced. First, researchers conducted a multi-phase experiment where recruited volunteers were asked to create evenly spaced notches in domestic turkey bones, which are similar in size to the ZSK raven bone. Morphometric analyses reveal that the equal spacing of the experimental notches was comparable to the spacing of notches in the ZSK raven bone, even when adjusted for errors in human perception. Archeological specimens featuring aligned notches from different sites were also analyzed and compared with the ZSK raven bone specimen.

Researchers concluded that the two extra notches on the ZSK raven bone may have been made by Neanderthals intentionally to create a visually consistent, and perhaps symbolic, pattern.

A series of recent discoveries of altered bird bones across Neanderthal sites has caused many researchers to argue that the objects were used for personal ornaments, as opposed to butchery tools or activities. But this study is the first that provides direct evidence to support a symbolic argument for intentional modifications on a bird bone.

Explore further: New evidence suggests ancient jewelry at Grotte du Renne cave made by Neanderthals

More information: Majki A, Evans S, Stepanchuk V, Tsvelykh A, d'Errico F (2017) A decorated raven bone from the Zaskalnaya VI (Kolosovskaya) Neanderthal site, Crimea. PLoS ONE 12(3): e0173435. journals.plos.org/plosone/articleid=10.1371/journal.pone.0173435

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-raven-bone-crimea-insight-neanderthal.html#jCp

South Caucasus 7.8ka mtDNA little changed?

"We analyzed many ancient and modern mitochondrial genomes in parts of the South Caucasus and found genetic continuity for at least 8,000 years," said Ashot Margaryan and Morten E. Allentoft from Centre for GeoGenetics at the Natural History Museum of Denmark. "In other words, we could not detect any changes to the female gene pool over this very long time frame. This is highly interesting because this region has experienced multiple cultural shifts over the same time period, but these changes do not appear to have had a genetic impact -- at least not on the female population."

The researchers were interested to study this part of the world because of its position as a cultural crossroads since ancient times. It's also known as an important area for the potential origin and spread of Indo-European languages.

To shed light on the maternal genetic history of the region, the researchers analyzed the complete mitochondrial genomes of 52 ancient skeletons from present-day Armenia and Artsakh, an unrecognized republic bordering Armenia and Azerbaijan. Those specimens span 7,800 years of history

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2017/06/genetic-evidence-from-south-caucasus.html#V4sHWlE5iz9XIRX2.99

Their analyses suggest that the population size in the region rapidly increased after the last glacial maximum, about 18,000 years ago. The researchers also used several sophisticated analyses to test five different demographic scenarios that could explain the formation of the modern Armenian gene pool. Despite well-documented cultural shifts in the South Caucasus across the time period in question, their results strongly favor genetic continuity in the maternal gene pool, the researchers report.

The findings imply that the female population in at least some parts of the South Caucasus has been highly stable through many cultural shifts that have occurred over thousands of years. They also suggest that documented migrations into this region during the last 2,000 to 3,000 years have had little genetic impact on the local female population.

Margaryan says the findings suggest either that cultural shifts occurred primarily through the exchange of ideas or that it was primarily men who moved into new territories, bringing new cultural ideas along with them.

The researchers say the next step is to explore these questions in whole-genome data to see if it tells the same story. They also hope to expand the study by including both modern and ancient samples from neighboring countries, which could involve collaborations with researchers in Georgia and Azerbaijan.

Re. above article, I think the static mtDNA can be explained by the fact that the indigines were likely highlanders dependent upon mountain pasturage, while the the Black Sea deluge refugees were lowland coastal folk with no previous history of mountain dwelling. As they moved away from the basin 7.7ka (recorded in epic hero oral stories eg. Noah, Deucalion, Atrahasis, Atlantis, eDeN/Adan), they generally settled along non-coastal elevated rivers. I speculate that this included Tigris-Euphrates & Nile (later Lake Chad), Armenian Ararat, Iranian plateau & Ethiopian highlands and European river systems but only later the low deltas.

https://www.livescience.com/59703-north-india-populated-by-central-asian-invaders.html

"Aryan" area described matches the Khazar empire, though from a different period.

- - -

Note: similarity of era/period/area/arya/daerah(Malay:region)/(end)ura/(int)erior

West Hunter Blog, Article on Oral History Legends
https://westhunt.wordpress.com/2017/07/26/legends/

Peter Lund says "Sometimes there is no legend left but there is still a toponym."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_ring_fortress

The existence of the fortresses was forgotten but the localities were still called “borg” (fortification) or “ring”. Note how many are called Trelleborg or some variation thereof.

DD'eDeN says: July 28, 2017 at 9:21 am

Norse: Borg = ring fort
Hebrew: ma’gal = circular camp David & Goliath
Basque: magal = protect, shield
Hebrew: magen/mogen = shield
Maya: pacal = shield
Malay: macan = tiger blind (shield)
Balinese: mbo = mother
Chinese: gulu = circle
Mbuti: mongolu = dome hut
archaic: mbongolu/mborg/ mbuangdualua/mom-dwelling/trellisring?

The words themselves tell the true oral history if you listen very carefully.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170802134718.htm

Minoan & Mycenian genomes

Reich and his colleagues' work suggests that about three-quarters of the ancestry of both peoples derives from the first farmers of the Aegean Sea, including western Anatolia (a region that lies within modern day Turkey), Greece, and the Greek islands. But, quite different from the rest of contemporary Europe and from the first farmers of Greece, the Bronze Age Greek civilizations also derived a small part of their ancestry from populations from the Caucasus and Iran.

The Minoans, based on the island of Crete from roughly 3100 to 1050 BCE, were a maritime people with sophisticated palaces, one of which was so large and complex that it may have been the historical basis of the myth of the Labyrinth, home of the beast called the Minotaur. The Mycenaeans of mainland Greece, 1700 to 1100 BCE, who eventually conquered the Minoans, were skilled engineers and fierce warriors.

The new study also shows that the Mycenaeans have additional ancestry that is distinct from the Minoans, says Iosif Lazaridis, a postdoctoral researcher in Reich's lab and lead author of the study. This genetic contribution may be from people of the steppes north of the Black and Caspian seas.

AMHs & Neanderthal diet at Crimea 40ka
Mammoth & veggies, no fish

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170804082912.htm

Senckenberg scientists have studied the diet of anatomically modern humans. With their recent study, published in the journal Scientific Reports, they were able to refute the theory that the diet of early representatives of Homo sapiens was more flexible than that of Neanderthals.

Just like the Neanderthals, our ancestors had mainly mammoth and plants on their plates -- the researchers were unable to document fish as part of their diet. Therefore, the international team assumes that the displacement of the Neanderthals was the result of direct competition.

The first representatives of Homo sapiens colonized Europe around 43,000 years ago, replacing the Neanderthals there approximately 3,000 years later. "Many studies examine the question of what led to this displacement -- one hypothesis postulates that the diet of the anatomically modern humans was more diverse and flexible and often included fish," explains Prof. Dr. Hervé Bocherens of the Senckenberg Center for Human Evolution and Palaeoenvironment (HEP) at the University of Tübingen

Together with his colleague, Dr. Dorothée Drucker, the biogeologist from Tübingen now set out to get to the bottom of this hypothesis. In conjunction with an international team, he studied the dietary habits of early modern man on the basis of the oldest know fossils from the Buran Kaya caves on the Crimean Peninsula in the Ukraine. "In the course of this study, we examined the finds of early humans in the context of the local fauna," explains Drucker, and she continues, "Until now, all analyses of the diet of early modern humans were based on isolated discoveries; therefore, they are very difficult to interpret."

In order to reconstruct our ancestor's menu -- despite the lack of a fossil dietary record -- the team around the scientists from Tübingen measured the percentage of stable carbon and nitrogen isotopes in the bones of the early humans and the locally present potential prey animals such as Saiga, horses, and deer. In addition, they also analyzed the nitrogen-15 content of individual amino acids, making it possible to not only determine the origin, but also the proportion of the nitrogen. "Our results reveal a very high proportion of the nitrogen isotope 15N in early modern humans," adds Bocherens, and he continues, "However, contrary to our previous assumptions, these do not originate from the consumption of fish products, but primarily from mammoths."

And yet another result came as a surprise for the scientists: The proportion of plants in the diet of the anatomically modern humans was significantly higher than in comparable Neanderthal finds -- mammoths, on the other hand, appear to have been one of the primary sources of meat in both species.

"According to our results, Neanderthals and the early modern humans were in direct competition in regard to their diet, as well -- and it appears that the Neanderthals drew the short straw in this contest," adds Drucker in conclusion.

Materials provided by Senckenberg Research Institute and Natural History Museum.

Posted by vanilla (Member # 22812) on :

The Bambara has a dialect: San, check if linked to Khoe2-San. (Song/Sung(So.Chin)? Hsiung/Hung/!Kung)

ตำนานเรื่องเล่าต่างๆ

San is used by KhoiKhoi cattle herders to describe the "wild" bushmen, an exonym, no Bushmen call themselves San in their own language.
-

V88 at Lake Chad from Black Sea emigrants?

http://dispatchesfromturtleisland.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-source-of-proto-chadic-y-dna-r1b.html

Comments?

Posted by Clyde Winters (Member # 10129) on :

quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
San is used by KhoiKhoi cattle herders to describe the "wild" bushmen, an exonym, no Bushmen call themselves San in their own language.
-

V88 at Lake Chad from Black Sea emigrants?

http://dispatchesfromturtleisland.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-source-of-proto-chadic-y-dna-r1b.html

Comments?

The discussion fails to acknowledge that the earliest cattle rearing culture was at Nabta dating I believe to 7000BC.

Thanks Dr. Winters. They probably were native cattle, while the V88 people herded mixed B. indica x native cattle, correct?

I found this blog post & cmments on the ancient pre-Islamic Arabian zodiac and Celtic calendars:
http://www.leiden-islamblog.nl/articles/an-ancient-zodiac-from-arabia-discovered

http://www.unreportedheritagenews.com/2018/05/earliest-example-of-abgad-sequence.html

mnemonic alphabet order in Egypt?

TANN

Archaeologists post research data from Sudan online

[DD: cf Harrar desert animal drawings and Safait script/zodiac?]

Graves, small huts or stone-lined sleeping places from antiquity and the Middle Ages: the "Wadi Abu Dom Itinerary" archaeological project being undertaken at the University of Münster’s Institute of Egyptology and Coptology is now putting its data online, gathered between 2009 and 2016 during field research in Sudan. Academics, as well as anyone in the general public who is interested, can use a browser-based geoinformation system (WebGIS) to take a look at the findings.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/05/archaeologists-post-research-data-from.html#hLG2h3oaC0DivEvg.99

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com