This is topic Introductions, seem to be in order in forum New Member Introduction at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000065

Posted by HeartofAfrica (Member # 23268) on :

Been crawling around this site since 2007, it was obviously a lot more active back then.

Even had an account on here, but that's now gone with the wind. [Big Grin]

Anywho, I'm really interested in all things African, not from the perspective of Eurocentric's (that's for sure) nor too much from an Afrocentric standpoint, as they can go off the rails. To a certain degree. Although I also keep in mind that it is relatively young and many in adjacent fields have made it hard for a purely African perspective on the African continent to prosper. So the term is associated with negativity, in comparison to mainstream research, that's usually rooted in Eurocentric ideals and archaic methods/terms. So there's a heavy bias present over the last two centuries.

Until now, more recently, with research and studies being done with it being readily available/accessible. Which brings us closer to the truth about Africa it's vast natural diversity, and slowly but surely freeing itself from racist mindsets.

Bruce Stewart - Racism and Knowledge in Ancient Egypt

In either case, nice to meet y'all.

Posted by Yatunde Lisa (Member # 22253) on :

Welcome, we really need diverse voices on this forum. Nice video.. wow..

Posted by HeartofAfrica (Member # 23268) on :

Thanks for the welcome.

No problem, happy to join once again. Yeah, I really like that video.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com