This is topic Afro Americans & Their African twins... A thread in forum Kemet at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000561

Posted by Yatunde Lisa (Member # 22253) on :

Sometimes while doing my research, I stumble on photos of Africans or African Americans who resemble... I will post them when I find them in this thread... work like this is helpful.. because people that believe in the true negro myth or that all west Africans and African Americans descend from one true negro tribe and their morphological changes are because of admixture only or environmental factors only... none of which are true... Africans and Africans are individuals and defy white supremacist stereotypes and negative propaganda...

James Brown & Hausa Man

-

-

Posted by Tazarah (Member # 23365) on :

Nice info. I would like to add this: racist white supremacists and eurocentrics always push the false idea that "light-skinned black people" must have european blood or ancestry which is nonsense. The so-called black race comes in all shades of colors and always has even prior to european contact.

A good example of this would be the khoisan or bush people, who as a whole are much lighter than your typical "african american", yet these khoisan or bush people have never had contact or intermarriage with europeans, nor have they been raped, enslaved or conquered by europeans.

-

-

-

Posted by Thereal (Member # 22452) on :

Though she outgrew it,a young Yolanda King,MLK's daughter looks hella Khoisan.

-

-

Though not 100% or Ethiopian but Wendi Mak reminds of Trey Songz.

-

-

Wow... Mak and Songz do look alike

The Prime Minister of Barbados the honarable Mia Motley & Ethiopian Jewish woman ( Shula) in Israel..

-

-

Here is one that blew my mind...

Al Roker & Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

-

-

Malagasy singer Wawa Salegy reminds me of Dominican rapper Zawezo

-

-

Posted by Ish Geber (Member # 18264) on :

Nice thread.

Ethiopian woman and Diana Ross

-

-

-

Brother Yusef Lateef
 -

-

Brother Mos Def

-

Many more black people in America and West Africa have these features.. if you see black people as individuals and not as a stereotype.. you will see them...and this is not due to Europiod admixture..

Posted by Techtronics (Member # 15917) on :

Original sin. They go blind after that. 😎

quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
 -

Brother Yusef Lateef
 -

-

Brother Mos Def

-

Many more black people in America and West Africa have these features.. if you see black people as individuals and not as a stereotype.. you will see them...and this is not due to Europiod admixture..

Yeah,the one phenotype that gets me is the Khoisan type look.

Dewayne Turrentine,ADOS.

-

Mbuso Mandela. He did something terrible.
 -

Ysaunny Brito,Dominican model.
 -

-

-

Not an African American and twin but this was so good I had to post it here anyway

Ancient Egyptian and Nigerian twin...

Though not the same, Victory Jones reminds me of a Nefertiti bust.

-

-

I think that is a good one..

It is so funny that some people don't believe that Africans look like this

But they do..

I feel like at times even tho I am black I have never really looked at Black people before.. maybe because of familiarity and lack of having something to contrast too

but yeah.. she is beautiful.. and she reminds me of Ciara a little

-

-

-

Yeah,the general phenotype is still Nigerian,Ghanaian and other Africans we derive from but there some Black folks who vaguely look mixed or like the different African groups,even the mulatto looking North Africans. I now some of it is do to multi generational mixing,but it's strange to me.

Wtf? Where is that middle image from?

quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Yeah,the general phenotype is still Nigerian,Ghanaian and other Africans we derive from but there some Black folks who vaguely look mixed or like the different African groups,even the mulatto looking North Africans. I now some of it is do to multi generational mixing,but it's strange to me.

Wtf? Where is that middle image from?

Nomades du soleil.
BRANDT (Henry)
Published by Lausanne, Guilde du Livre, 1956., 1956

the "phenotype" in Nigeria and Ghana is really varied.. so that is what needs to be careful of.. NOT to stereotype peoples of West Africa

Yeah,I know it's a region and doesn't really describe any population.

Taureg Lady

-

chaka khan
 -

The nose is different but Scottie Pippen and Sudani rapper Lil' Freeny look similar.

-

-

Egyptian man
 -

Richard Pryor

-

-

-

Amenhotep & King Tut are R1b

OMG!!! They are NOT like SubSaharan African

Exibit A

-

Posted by the lioness, (Member # 17353) on :

Thomas Jefferson's Y chromosome belongs to a s to haplogroup K2, a rare lineage representing only approximately 1% of chromosomes worldwide, and most common in East Africa and the Middle East.

23 and me has an update to their software with African matches for the diaspora

of a random sampling of African Americans these are their top single matches

-

^^^

comment from Tracing African roots

quote:
On a final note Table 1.1. above also shows that only 21 out of 100 of my African American survey participants received any ethnic group match (a few received more than 1). Hence the odds of receiving this update (~20%) are not that high. But still it is already a clear improvement when compared with the odds of receiving a match for an African country by way of 23andme’s Recent Ancestor Location tool. Based on a previous survey of mine this was only 3% for African Americans (see this overview). Among the 21 results below only 1 person received an additional match for a country (Nigeria).
a lot more here

Tracing African Roots

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/2022/01/31/new-update-on-23andme-ethnic-group-matches-within-africa-part-1/

New Update on 23andme: Ethnic Group Matches within Africa!

part 2

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/2022/02/07/new-update-on-23andme-ethnic-group-matches-within-africa-part-2/

Baby Face Kenneth Brian Edmonds

-

Dougoukolo Ba-Konare is a clinical psychologist and teacher of Fula Language and Societies at the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations in Paris, and a founding member of Kisal (an organization working on the promotion of human rights in the Sahel.

-

-

Not a 100% but Asmaa Hamzaoui reminds of Young M.A,her
father is Puerto Rican,I'm not sure If he's African derived.
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Eritrean woman and Felicia Rashad

-

Mohammed Ramadan Egyptian actor & rapper

-

Russell Wilson

-

the Great blues guitarist R L Burnside

-

-

son of the ruler of the Inaden, Tuareg smith clan of Agadez, in the country of Niger. :

-

Soukeyna Diouf Senegalese moderl.

-

If true,American model Madisin Rian.

-

Prince Ayuba Suleiman Diallo was kidnapped from Gambia in 1731 & enslaved in Maryland. In 1733 he went to London & helped organize the British Museum’s collection of Arabic Manuscripts & was inducted into the Spalding Gentlemen's Society. Diallo returned to Gambia in 1734.

-

Dwyane wade

-

Abdul Karim Bangura, Fula from Futa Jallon descendent of Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

I would put him in the Dwayne Wade twinning category

-

-

-

Older K.Dot or Nigerian rapper Runtown?

-

Is his features average Nigerian? Swae lee (Rhetorical question.)

-

Let's compared,Nigeria rapper WizKid.

-

quote:
 -

Older K.Dot or Nigerian rapper Runtown?

-

I don't think these two resemble in the least

besides having short dreads

quote:
Is his features average Nigerian? Swae lee (Rhetorical question.)

-

Let's compared,Nigeria rapper WizKid.

-

Here is a better pic of wiz kid

and no he does not resemble Swae Lee

-

Of course,it's more the feature set. The strong jaw,the somewhat low face and similar cheekbones.

Really? When I first saw Runtown,he reminded me of Kendrick Lamar. It's the eyes that are the same or the very least similar. The nose and lips are obviously different. I'm not sure If it applies to you because of the thread title, but similarities in feature set being sometimes close enough creates in my mind a certain level of sameness.

Little Fula girl on the left
is a twin for Dwayne Wade's daughter Kaavia

-

-

Luther Vandross - was watching an ancestry test video and realized that the young man especially when he smiled reminded me of Luther....

-

Ethiopian young man

-

-

Baby Luther

-

Who's the Most "Black?" Strangers Take DNA Tests
263,700 views Jun 1, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Axw35TtPE

-

Number 6 is 89% African, has light eyes and his hair sometimes carries sandy blonde.. this is may not be due to admixture with European it might be Igbo Heritage, I see him as phenotypcally similiar
to
Nnamdi Asomugha was born in Lafayette, Louisiana, to Nigerian Igbo parent

-

Number 5 I find her to have a similar look to John Legend and Wanda Sykes...

-

-

Nigeria has a large albino population, with a estimated population of at least 1 million and could be as high as 4 million. I'm sure you are aware Africans can produce tyrosinase positive people with albinism.

Kingsley Ibenchi is a Nigerian American,who I believe is a dance with a mixed race like phenotype despite have parents that are way darker than him and his brother.

Clinical description
Visual anomalies, such as nystagmus, are frequently undetectable and patients usually present with one of two phenotypes: rufous OCA (ROCA), characterized by red-bronze skin color, blue or brown irises and ginger-red hair, or brown OCA (BOCA), characterized by light to brown hair and a light to brown or tan skin color. The clinical features of OCA3 have been considered as rather mild, and in the rare cases of non-African patients, reddish hair color has been reported. A Japanese girl was reported with having OCA3 who presented with blond hair and light skin (with a small Mongolian spot), was able to tan and was negative for nystagmus.

quote:
Nigeria has a large albino population, with a estimated population of at least 1 million and could be as high as 4 million. I'm sure you are aware Africans can produce tyrosinase positive people with albinism.

Kingsley Ibenchi is a Nigerian American,who I believe is a dance with a mixed race like phenotype despite have parents that are way darker than him and his brother.

Clinical description
Visual anomalies, such as nystagmus, are frequently undetectable and patients usually present with one of two phenotypes: rufous OCA (ROCA), characterized by red-bronze skin color, blue or brown irises and ginger-red hair, or brown OCA (BOCA), characterized by light to brown hair and a light to brown or tan skin color. The clinical features of OCA3 have been considered as rather mild, and in the rare cases of non-African patients, reddish hair color has been reported. A Japanese girl was reported with having OCA3 who presented with blond hair and light skin (with a small Mongolian spot), was able to tan and was negative for nystagmus.

that is a theory, might be true..

But Kingsley has traits that I have seen on other Igbo men that have nothing to due with Albinism

A hairy chest...

that is something that does not happen in other ethnic groups in west Africa... I submit that the Hairy chest and light skin, and light eyes could be a trait from an East African ethnic group or north African ethnic group or Near Eastern ethnic group and could be homozygous in both parents..

It is a theory that I am working on... just a theory

It could be a hint of albinism and not the full feature set. His mother and late father are very dark in comparison to him and his brother. The pic may still be on Kinglesy' IG.

quote:
It could be a hint of albinism and not the full feature set. His mother and late father are very dark in comparison to him and his brother. The pic may still be on Kinglesy' IG.

You did not answer my question about body hair.
The Darker Senegalese don't have that much chest hair and arm hair....

Don't know about the body,it could be a throwback to earlier population that may have inhabited the area that Ibos absorbed. Because, from what I understand is most Africans are glabrous,with the Twa and similar pygmies being generally hairier.

quote:
Don't know about the body,it could be a throwback to earlier population that may have inhabited the area that Ibos absorbed. Because, from what I understand is most Africans are glabrous,with the Twa and similar pygmies being generally hairier.

SO Igbo's get their hairy chest from pygmies? And they have hereditary Albino traits?

-

No. I'm saying it could be a throwback to older Africans types,the pygmies was just a example. I'm also suggesting the usual ligh skin with light eyes and or light colored hair maybe a hint of albinism or a variation of it.

Here's a black family with twins that exhibit albinism with different hair color.
https://youtu.be/mDHhkgmBNM8

Another Black family with kids that have albinism,I thought they were OCA3 but they might be brown OCA2.

https://youtu.be/Oc0XCK-fVko

quote:

I like his music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=219&v=pYbOy7ubDjA&feature=emb_logo

do you have a link that shows or says his have parents that are way darker than him and his brother?

You have to go to his IG,there are separate pictures of his dad and mom. His parents are darker than him and his brother.

If you do go,there is a gif type video of a lady with pink color hat, that's his mother. Scrolling down more,there is a image of a old looking photo of a man, that's Kinglesy's father.

-

Any info on the twins? I'm googling and I'm not finding much.

-

-
Kingsley Ibenchi and his beautiful family

-

Matthew Knowles
 -

Van Jones

-

Saidou Abatcha

-

I don't see it outside the nose. Though not that close, Saido looks similar to Floyd Mayweather Sr. to me.

Looked up Floyd Mayweather Sr. and that is a nope for me. I think what Van has that Saidou has is face structure albeit slightly different as Van is a much larger man

It's there somewhat when he had long hair like Saidou guy. Also,is Saidou Wodaabe?

-

Peter Mensah Actor Ghanaian

-

The resemblance between Taye and Peter is real..

quote:
It's there somewhat when he had long hair like Saidou guy. Also,is Saidou Wodaabe?

I am not sure, but Peul for sure... Niger I believe..

It is really easy for me to pick out Fulani matches for African Americans, because their features are distinct

Flloyd Mayweather Sr. I think he looks like Mike Tyson and some one said that Mike looks Congolese.. so I am going to see if I can follow that route for matches..

It has always interested me that African Americans have such diverse features but the truth is they come in houses... and it has nothing to do with Eurasian admixture... I think African features are persistant even with admixture...

I think before the internet I was led to believe there was on type of west african ( true negro) and all the different looks that African Americans had was because of admixture with Whites & Native Americans.. I think while it is true in some cases it is not true in most

-

Sotigui Kouyaté Actor Burkinabe

-

Dr Obadele Kambon

-

Kamau Kambon

-

-

Fatoumata Diawara is a Malian singer-songwriter and actress currently living in France, born in Ivory Coast, living in Mali

-

Brandy
 -

-

Frederick Douglass and the Power of Portraiture
Frederick Douglass regarded photography as a powerful tool to combat racism. He heralded it as a distinctly accessible art form that, in the hands of the aggrieved and historically marginalized, could serve as an arm of democratization. In “Pictures and Progress” Douglass remarked: “The humbled servant girl whose income is but a few shillings per week may now possess a more perfect likeness of herself than noble ladies and court royalty.” For African Americans in particular, photography provided a means of self-representation and self-empowerment, and for subverting the racist imagery and minstrelized caricatures that dominated contemporary popular culture. Through portraiture, Black people could correct prevailing misrepresentations, counter racist discourses, and assert their self-image on their terms. Douglass believed in the medium’s capacity to provide an honest and accurate representation of his own personhood and individuality—not only as a former slave but as a human.

- In the second breakdown of “Ethnic groups 1” it’s notable how only the Caribbean and the USA score any % for Fulbe/Mende, the Fulbe samples being taken from Burkina Faso, Cameroon and Chad and the Mende from Sierra Leone. In the third breakdown of “Ethnic groups 2” it’s fascinating how the Senegalese ethnic groups of the Lebou and Wolof are only appearing for Cape Verde, São Tomé, Brazil and Colombia. The USA is however unique in being matched up with the Fulbe from Cameroon, Niger and Burkina Faso.

Gregory Oliver Hines (February 14, 1946 – August 9, 2003)

-

Don't know who this arabic speaking dude is but I thought he looked like Gregory Hines...

-

quote:
 -

Peter Mensah Actor Ghanaian

-

The resemblance between Taye and Peter is real..

Eddie & Charlie Murphy get an Honorable mention for House Ghana

-

Not a total match in skin color but the unusual bone structure

-

-

-

-

quote:
No. I'm saying it could be a throwback to older Africans types,the pygmies was just a example. I'm also suggesting the usual ligh skin with light eyes and or light colored hair maybe a hint of albinism or a variation of it.

Here's a black family with twins that exhibit albinism with different hair color.
https://youtu.be/mDHhkgmBNM8

Another Black family with kids that have albinism,I thought they were OCA3 but they might be brown OCA2.

https://youtu.be/Oc0XCK-fVko

quote:
The frequency of the SLC24A5 111*A allele outside of Europe is largely accounted for by high frequencies in geographically proximate populations in northern Africa, the Middle East, and Pakistan (ranging from 62% to 100%).

The virtual absence of MATP 374*G–derived allele in the sub-Saharan African populations that we examined in the CEPH-Diversity Panel is consistent with the origin of this mutation outside of Africa after the divergence of modern Asians and Europeans. In contrast, the SLC24A5 111*A–derived allele is found at low frequencies in several sub-Saharan populations including the West African Mandenka and Yoruba, the Southern African San , and SouthWest Bantu. The relatively high frequencies of the derived allele in Central Asian, Middle Eastern, and North Africa seem likely to be due to gene flow with European populations. Similarly, the presence of the derived allele (albeit at low frequencies) in some sub-Saharan African populations may be due to recent gene flow from European and Central Asian populations.

Moorish GIrl

-

Jordin Sparks

-

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -
Kingsley Ibenchi and his beautiful family

Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike, IGBO Rap star.. light skin, green eyes...
 -

Clevon Little Actor

-

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYfio6_UYas

Miss Black America pageant 1985

-

Posted by Tehutimes (Member # 21712) on :

Hi,Yatunde Lisa you are aware President Patrice Lumumba was murdered, executed,assassinated in 1960 by Congolese lackeys for Belgian,French, & US corporate/gangster/racist/thugs.These demons wanted easy access & cheap prices on gold, copper,and coltan among other metals.The photo has 1995 captioned.

quote:
Originally posted by Tehutimes:
Hi,Yatunde Lisa you are aware President Patrice Lumumba was murdered, executed,assassinated in 1960 by Congolese lackeys for Belgian,French, & US corporate/gangster/racist/thugs.These demons wanted easy access & cheap prices on gold, copper,and coltan among other metals.The photo has 1995 captioned.

Yes I know, I did not make the picture. The date is of his Presidency is besides the point but apologies if it offends.

Posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey (Member # 22253) on :

Nichelle Nichols RIP

-

-

Hand-colored tintype portrait of three unidentified African American women, 1856.

Source: Harvard Library

-

Wow! Look at that drip.
Interesting? They seem to have high nose bridge and somewhat long faces like Black Abraham Lincoln.

quote:
Wow! Look at that drip.
Interesting? They seem to have high nose bridge and somewhat long faces like Black Abraham Lincoln.

You know some AA's just are not easy to find twins for, whether that is due to admixture or not, I dont think I can say for sure, but for these women, I think I see some resemblance among the Sonninke

-

JR Smith.. height 6'6

-

Mozabite

-

quote:
 -

Wow, wait who is who? [Eek!] [Confused] [Cool]

Dane Colloway and cohorts will be very upset with a thread like this.

Mekhi Phifer, he's a American actor.

Mekhi Phifer, he's a American actor.

-

The late great Redd Fox
 -

Old Man From Aswan
 -

West African phenotype diversity is really misunderstood.

I love this.. it shows that the sahel is a spectrum from east to west and not clearly delineated. Types found in east africa can be found in west africa and vice versa

-

Posted by Ebony Allen (Member # 12771) on :

The thing is Mekhi Phifer has an actual twin brother.

Posted by Forty2Tribes (Member # 21799) on :

-

Posted by Forty2Tribes (Member # 21799) on :

He looks xxxentasion too
 -

-

quote:
Originally posted by Forty2Tribes:
 -

Wow this is a good match! Wow.. I will also point out his hair, and it's waves

-

The men in this Wolof family, resemblance to

Kenny Lattimore & Harry Belafonte
 -

-

Ghananian Michaela Coel & Nat King Cole

-

-

Stephanie Mills & Nina Simone can be grouped here... is it the bone structure that creates this special talent?

-

-

Vintage Photos

-

-

Ha! Morroccan French Montana & Thurgood Marshall

-

-

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
 -

Wow [Cool]

Fayum Portrait Roman Egyptian  -

Giancarlo Esposito AA & Italian

-

-

-

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua

was a Nigerian politician who served as the president of Nigeria from 2007 to 2010.

-

John H. Johnson was an American businessman and publisher. Johnson was the founder in 1942 of the Johnson Publishing Company

-

Singer June Pointer of the Pointer sisters  -

Fulani lady
 -

Interesting? That Fulani lady looks Somali to me. Adesuwa Etomi,top and a young Wanda Sykes bottom  -

-

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com