This is topic ILI v. Languages Abroad in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000878

Posted by Shwerzl (Member # 3516) on :

Sorry to drag up the subject of language schools again, but I'm in need of some direct feedback from anyone who knows of either the International Language Institute and Languages Abroad programmes in Cairo, and who could give me some idea of their comparative quality... Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by strangelookingnegro (Member # 151) on :

Never heard of Languages Abroad, but ILI is pretty good, and the price is right. I took my lessons there a couple years ago.

Posted by Semsem (Member # 3428) on :

Hi,
I am an Arabic teacher in the ILI (Heliopolis). Actually it is a good place to learn the languyage. However, regardless of the place in which you learn any language, the need and the self-drive of the learners make the whole difference. Furthermore, it is essential to learn the language by native speaking Arabic teachers whether in Egypt or abroad.

Good luck
Sami

quote:
Originally posted by Semsem:
However, regardless of the place in which you learn any language, the need and the self-drive of the learners make the whole difference.

Absolutely!! My drive went down the toilet when we started into verb conjucations, and my need was never quite strong enough to force me to continue. It wasn't ILI's fault, unless I can blame them for the whole structure of the Arabic language. LOL

Monica and Man_Kind are doing their best to get me motovated again! Thanks guys.

Posted by Pyty (Member # 3021) on :

Hi SemSem (Sami) and anybody else who knows about this subject

I read your post which says that you are a teacher at the ILI but is that what u wrote in Heliopolis? Because I always thought the ILI has only one school and it's in Gizeh? Or are we talking about 2 different things now? I'm asking you this because when I finish university here (in Holland) I would love to go to Egypt and learn Arabic, but I will probably be staying in Nasr City (my family in law lives there) So it would probably be easier if I find a school near or in Nasr City. But I've heard some good things about the ILI so that was my first choice...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pyty

Hi SemSem (Sami) and anybody else who knows about this subject

I read your post which says that you are a teacher at the ILI but is that what u wrote in Heliopolis? Because I always thought the ILI has only one school and it's in Gizeh? Or are we talking about 2 different things now? I'm asking you this because when I finish university here (in Holland) I would love to go to Egypt and learn Arabic, but I will probably be staying in Nasr City (my family in law lives there) So it would probably be easier if I find a school near or in Nasr City. But I've heard some good things about the ILI so that was my first choice...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pyty

ILI has one of it's branches in Heliopolis. That isn't too far from Nasr City.

HI Debbie!

I didn't know about that! And I couldn't find anything on the site! Do you have some more information for me? (addresse or something?)
Thank you in advance!

Pyty

International Language Institute, 2 Mohamed Bayoumi St., off Merghany St., Heliopolis, Cairo; ili@idsc.net.eg. Offers RSA/Cambridge Certificate course seven times a year.

I got this from going to google and typing in International Language Institute Heliopolis, and then hitting I Fell Lucky. If you were to hit Google Search, you might get more.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com