This is topic How long for my husband to get his USA Visa? in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000882

Posted by Bunny (Member # 3527) on :

Hello again, I am wondering how long does it generally take for an Egyptian man to obtain an American Visa after he is married? Thanks for any information. Bunny

Posted by Sasy Cat (Member # 1250) on :

Bunny: first he must get his Egyptian Passport. To get this, he must complete his military service (up to 3 years- depending on his education)& show that he is an upstanding citizen(job, money,etc).Once he has his passport,he can apply for a US Visa.
Since 9/ll US Visas take many months, and hopefully not years. Since you will be married, if you intend to live together, your best bet is to live with him in Egypt as he may never be issued one. The majority of applicants are denied.

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

The US is very very reluctant to issue visas I know one couple who have been waiting 4 years. You would be better to consider living in Egypt.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Posted by bay212 (Member # 3424) on :

Bunny.Better check with U.S. IMMIGRATION LAWYER.EVERY COUNTRY IS ALLOCATED CERTAIN AMOUNT OF IMMIGRANT VISAS EVERY YEAR.THE WAITING PERIOD DEPENDS ON HOW MANY APPLICANTS ARE THERE AT THE TIME U APPLY.THE LAWYER WILL TELL U THE WAITING PERIOD FOR EGYPT. YEARS AGO U WOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOUR HUSBAND IN THE US WHILE WAITINGFOR THE GREEN CARD.GOOD LUCK.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com