This is topic Just Starting in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000947

Posted by softouch (Member # 3774) on :

Hello All,
I am currently in Houston, but will soon (2/3 weeks) be coming to Cairo. I have been told I will be working there for 4 to 6 months. I have been web surfing Cairo and like what I have found. I am looking forward to living there. I am not sure exactly where I will be living, but I will be working in a vessel fabrication shop outside of Cairo (I don't know its exact location either).
I have lived in various places, US of course, also Trinidad, Algeria, and Canada. I really like what I am reading regarding Egyptian hospitality.
I found this forum by accident while surfing and like what I am reading. I am trying to establish a couple of contacts that may be able to help me when I finally arrive. Moving to a new place and not knowing anyone is not a lot of fun.
I am male, caucasion, 6.5 ft. (198cm) tall, honest and interested in new things.

------------------
Regards,
softouch

Posted by TALL_PEINCESS (Member # 3691) on :

quote:
Originally posted by softouch:
Hello All,
I am currently in Houston, but will soon (2/3 weeks) be coming to Cairo. I have been told I will be working there for 4 to 6 months. I have been web surfing Cairo and like what I have found. I am looking forward to living there. I am not sure exactly where I will be living, but I will be working in a vessel fabrication shop outside of Cairo (I don't know its exact location either).
I have lived in various places, US of course, also Trinidad, Algeria, and Canada. I really like what I am reading regarding Egyptian hospitality.
I found this forum by accident while surfing and like what I am reading. I am trying to establish a couple of contacts that may be able to help me when I finally arrive. Moving to a new place and not knowing anyone is not a lot of fun.
I am male, caucasion, 6.5 ft. (198cm) tall, honest and interested in new things.

hi there how r u hope that every thing is ok with
well any way ur more than welcome
if u need any thing dont hesitate just email me
my email is
tall_princess_in_a_hurry@hotmail.com
thanks god bless u

Posted by _ (Member # 3567) on :

Hi, its great that you will live and work in Egypt. This time will be very special to you for the rest of your life.

I don't know how your housing situation looks like but many flats are available for rent and also very affordable.

Hm, can it be you also look for a personal contact, male / female???

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posted by BoBBoSS (Member # 3456) on :

hi

i guess here u will find all u have and also alot of friends, so don't hesitate to ask for anything , and perhaps this may be a very good start for u to have good frineds here in egypt. u can also join us in a meeting for members of this site, we are still arranginf it.

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posted by Comte de Monte-Cristo (Member # 1331) on :

Pls get in touch if u need any assistance/info. microma7@yahoo.com

Good Morning Tigerlilly (its 6:30am here),

Thank you for responding. I am looking forward to spending time in Cairo. Everthing (well most) of what I have heard and read is pretty good. Yes, I will need a small flat. Though the company I work for may want me to stay in a hotel, I hope that they let me get a small apartment. A little more privacy that way and probably cheaper as well (the company won't pay for housing - they give an allowance).
Yes, a personal contact would probably be welcome. It does get lonely when you don't know anyone and are far from home - Not male personal contact though, I am male and one is enough.

softouch

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Hi, its great that you will live and work in Egypt. This time will be very special to you for the rest of your life.

I don't know how your housing situation looks like but many flats are available for rent and also very affordable.

Hm, can it be you also look for a personal contact, male / female???

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 11 March 2004).]

Good Morning "tall_princess_in_a_hurry" or is it "TALL_PEINCESS",

It is about 0630 here. Thanks you for replying. You have an interesting "name", especially for someone like me who is considered tall. I will keep your email address. I am anxiously waiting to get to Cairo. I think that I will have a good time, maybe even while working, but surely when I am not. Everything is ok with me, except for not knowing when I will be going to Cairo.
Several people have replyed, and seem to be willing to help if needed. Maybe I don't have to worry so much about being alone in a new city that I don't know much about.

Hope you have a very wonderful day.
softouch

quote:
Originally posted by TALL_PEINCESS:
hi there how r u hope that every thing is ok with
well any way ur more than welcome
if u need any thing dont hesitate just email me
my email is
tall_princess_in_a_hurry@hotmail.com
thanks god bless u

Good Morning,
Thanks for your nice reply. A meeting of forum members would be a good thing. I just wish I knew for sure when I would be in Cairo. Its a done deal, but no firm date has been set.

Regards,
softouch

quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
hi

i guess here u will find all u have and also alot of friends, so don't hesitate to ask for anything , and perhaps this may be a very good start for u to have good frineds here in egypt. u can also join us in a meeting for members of this site, we are still arranginf it.

Good morning,
Thanks for your reply and kind offer of assistance.
Regards,
softouch

quote:
Originally posted by Comte de Monte-Cristo:
Pls get in touch if u need any assistance/info. microma7@yahoo.com

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com