This is topic Dive spots - Sharm El Sheikh in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000994

Posted by Sweet Willie (Member # 3873) on :

Any Scuba divers here?

What were/are some not to miss spots in the Red Sea near Sharm El Sheikh?

Posted by Osama (Member # 3854) on :

i prefer Dahab in diving actually somewhere called Blue-Hole
i dont have any further information to give
may anyone here can help but about Dahab..
Oooh simply you will not forget what you saw
Dahab is far from sharm about 110km and you can find many buses from there easily
hope that helps
./Osama

Posted by Comte de Monte-Cristo (Member # 1331) on :

hello Willie,
Shar is known for ras M'hamed protectorate and the island of Tiran surroundings. You can access Ras M. Diving site either by land (shore diving) or by boat (usually 3 dives per day) exact diving spots vary according to your experience and diving level. Tiran is accesible only by boat, same situation applies. There are also many spots in the sharm area wich are suitable for easy diving and courses. In the dahab area it is mostly shore diving, the famous blue hole is the end of the road from dahab, passing by the canyon, eel garden and a lot of other sites, you will expect to see lots of...DIVERS...
if you are looking for more uncommon sites (but very beautiful) you have a site called "Gabr bent" this site is to the south of dahab and accessible only by camels or boat (I have seen lately some tracks of tires there!!!) you have also the site of abu gallum which is also nice and you can access it either by camels or by 4X4. hope this provided enough info, let me know if you need more info and contacts
microma7@yahoo.com

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com