This is topic Raqs Sharqi Dancer and Percussionist in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001395

Posted by Hammy (Member # 5294) on :

Hello to all.......
I am an Egyptian percussionist, with my wife who is a dancer. We are on a mission to restore Raqs Sharqi to its former glory, by performing professional, artistic pieces with and without live band. We would appreciate any answers to the following questions about performing in Sharm el Sheik.

Which hotels would be the best ones to contact for performing, preferably a long term contract as we would like to move permanently to Sharm?
Is it better to contact an entertainment agency there to find us work and if so, any recommendations?
Thank you, any info is much appreciated.
Salam

Posted by Monica (Member # 2621) on :

In my opinion, the best business aproach would be to go there, check every hotel, speak with the managers to find out what kind of contract terms they offer to the entertainers, audition for the ones that are interested; and then, you can close your deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Hammy:
Hello to all.......
I am an Egyptian percussionist, with my wife who is a dancer. We are on a mission to restore Raqs Sharqi to its former glory, by performing professional, artistic pieces with and without live band. We would appreciate any answers to the following questions about performing in Sharm el Sheik.

Which hotels would be the best ones to contact for performing, preferably a long term contract as we would like to move permanently to Sharm?
Is it better to contact an entertainment agency there to find us work and if so, any recommendations?
Thank you, any info is much appreciated.
Salam

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 10 September 2004).]

Posted by Hammy (Member # 5294) on :

Thank you for your reply. It looks like we will visit there in the spring to take a look.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com