This is topic visa for egypt in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003698

Posted by MY NAME IS NO MORE ....., (Member # 11270) on :

Welcome to the Visa section

British and other EU nationals travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Newiba and Taba resorts only, for up to 14 days,
do not require a visa prior to travelling, they shall receive a free entry permission stamp upon arrival.
If you intend to travel out of the mentioned areas or overstay, you must obtain a visa.
Kindly note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travelling

Requirements and procedures of applying for a visa to Egypt

Requirements when applying in person at the Consulate:

1. Original Passport – valid at least 6 months from the date of issuance of the visa.

2. One passport size photo attached to the Visa Application Form, obtainable from our website, or call 09065508933 to obtain it by fax, or call 09065540833 to obtain it by post, or at the Consulate,

3. The fees – Cash/ Postal Order.

4. For Travel Documents’ holders and Nationals of the countries listed in Section II below, who need to wait for the approval from the Competent Authorities in Egypt, they must apply in person, Copy of the passport is required with the requirements above. Kindly note that we don’t keep your passport and no fees required until we receive the approval from Egypt. Once we receive the approval you can apply as normal in person at the Consulate. (contact us by email to check with us, mentioning the date of application and full name).

5. Opening hours – One Day Process – Mon-Fri

· Application: 09:30 – 12:30

· Collection : 14:30 – 16:00
Requirements when applying by post: Applicable ONLY for passport holders who are EU Nationals, or those who have at least One Year residence in the UK.

1. Original Passport – valid at least 6 months from the date of issuance of the visa.

2. One passport size photo attached to the Visa Application Form, obtainable from our website, or call 09065508933 to obtain it by fax, or call 09065540833 to obtain it by post.

3. The EXACT amount of fees to be sent by Postal Orders ONLY, made payable to “The Egyptian Consulate”

4. A Self Addressed Return Envelope - written clearly in BLOCK CAPITAL Letters - with enough stamps to return the envelope either Registered or Recorded Delivery (not 1st / 2nd Class). Kindly check with the P.O. regarding the rate and the weight of your passport/s

(We strongly advise you to use Special Delivery)

5. Passport – with the visa stamped inside - is to be sent back in 7 working days.

6. Kindly note that you need to be present at the address written on the return envelope during the opening hours of the Post Office to be delivered and signed personally.

KINDLY NOTE THAT, WE ADVISE YOU TO USE SPECIAL DELIVERY WHEN USING POSTAL OPTION.

POSTAL ORDERS MUST BE FILLED IN AS FOLLOWS:

1. MADE PAYABLE TO “ THE EGYPTIAN CONSULATE”

2. INITIALS AND POST CODE OF SENDER MUST BE WRITTEN AT THE BACK.

THE EGYPTIAN CONSULATE IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF YOUR PASSPORTS OR ANY DOCUMENTS SENT BY POST.

NATIONALITIES
FEES - GBP

TOURIST BUSINESS

Single
Multiple
Single
Multiple

UK & other nationalities not listed below

USA, Russia and CIS, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Cyprus, Former Yugoslavia

Germany

South Africa
Fees Exempted

Canada

Zimbabwe

Nigeria

Section II:
The following nationalities require approval from Competent Authorities in Cairo prior issuing the visa:
Iran, Bangladesh, Tunisia, Somalia, Ethiopia, Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Iraq, Eritrea.

Chinese nationals working in the UK can obtain single entry tourist visa providing us with the following:
1. All the documents mentioned in "Requirements when applying for a visa to Egypt"
2. Validity of their UK working visa for further 6 months
3. Return tickets
4. Bank statement

Chinese students can obtain single entry tourist visa providing us with the following:
1.All the documents mentioned in 'Requirements when applying for a visa to Egypt'
2. Letter from recognized UK university addressed to the Egyptian Consulate, stating the duration of the enrolment.
3. Return ticket
4. At least 6 months validity in their UK student visa.

Sudanese nationals who have valid residence for at least 6 months can travel without a visa to Egypt.

Malaysian nationals can stay in Egypt up to two weeks without visa, after this time usual requirements apply.

Palestinian nationals:
Holders of Palestinian Authority passport can have a transit visa for 72 hours.
Holders of Travel Document for Palestinian refugees, if carrying a permission to pass through, can have a transit visa for 72 hours, otherwise must wait for approval form the Authorities in Cairo (see Section II).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Information:

Single and Multiple Entry Visas are valid for 6 months and allow a maximum stay of 3 months in Egypt ONLY.
Children under 16 years old, can travel on parent’s passport.
ONLY one visa is required for each passport regardless of the age of the passport holder or the number of children added.
Business visa applications must be submitted with a letter from the Company stating the reason for the visit,.
No vaccinations required for tourists traveling from the UK.
Visitors who have an Egyptian origin or are married to Egyptian have the right to obtain multiple visa for free, providing us with the original documents confirming the status. Kindly note that no photocopies will be accepted.
There’s a limit of L.E. 5000, and $10000 or equivalent on the amount of cash carried to or from Egypt.
Click here to download a printable copy of the visa application form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by doodlebut (Member # 11649) on :

If I'm arriving after 11pm, will anyone be at the Airport in Cairo to issue me a visa or should I get it before I leave the US?

Posted by Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
If I'm arriving after 11pm, will anyone be at the Airport in Cairo to issue me a visa or should I get it before I leave the US?

They'll be there. No worries. [Smile]

Posted by doodlebut (Member # 11649) on :

Thanks. I'd hate to have made the 19 hour journey only to be told to hitail it outta there for lack of a visa!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com