This is topic Visa Question in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003735

Posted by mysticheart (Member # 6838) on :

I have been wondering about something, not that it really matters or applies to me. I have always mailed off my passport to obtain my visa to Egypt the 7 times i have came. But what i was wondering is if anyone from the USA has ever flown directly to Sharm el Sheikh and obtained the visa in the airport there and what you had to do. No plans to come just a thought.

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

you can get the visa from any Egyptian port of arrival, its usually much cheaper too. All you do it get off plane, go buy visa stamps, go hand it all to immigration officer and its done, no problems at all.

Posted by Yana (Member # 11508) on :

Is it the same for armenian passport ? i can get the visa in the airport ?

not sure yana, as far as I am aware anyone can but best to check out your embassy site or email them at armenemb@idsc.gov.eg

Posted by mysticheart (Member # 6838) on :

Hmm i called the consulate here and they have told me that cairo is the only port of entry that will issue visa's to americans and that i would have to mail my passport anytime i traveled to egypt and were going to land any where other than cairo....Doesnt matter however, was just curious, never know where my little journey i am taking will bring me.

oooh sorry mystic [Frown]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com