This is topic Nasser City in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003806

Posted by doodlebug (Member # 11649) on :

I guess in addition to staying in Old Cairo we'll also be renting a flat in Nasser City for about 6 days, give or take. What's it like there?

Posted by newcomer (Member # 1056) on :

Hi doodlebug,

It depends which part of Nasr City you mean. It's generally quite a newish (in the last 30 years) built up area, but well served by all public transport apart from the metro.

There are some tree lined streets, some overcrowded parts, and a lot of new developments around the edges. I contains some of the most popular shopping areas (although not catering too much for western tastes in general), a few parks, and also and easy escape to the desert.

It doesn't have a very large foreign population, most of the foreigners in the area are are those studying in the language centres or Al-Azhar university.

Yeah that is one thing he told me, that it has a lot of foreigners there. It is hard to find a place that you can rent for less than a month but he knows of three flats that will become available so I am not sure what part we will be in yet. I guess a lot are booked up now by foreigners who come in to celebrate Christmas in Egypt.

Thanks!

Posted by BANANA FACE., high on banana syrup (Member # 11270) on :

i lived in nasr city .its ok for renting and it has forigners but mostly for plastic surgery [Big Grin]
but i was there for over 6weeks and never came a corss only one forigner but i met many in city stars.....and its far from the main tourist area ...

Posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER) (Member # 11942) on :

It's nice there depending on which part you are staying in. There used to be lots of foreigners there but most of them have move to rehab now.

WHEN I SEE THAT NAME IM THINK OF DRUGS AND BOOOOOOOOOOZE ,,HEHEHE HEY WOTEVER THERES SOME JUICE WAITING IM YOUR PICS THREAD OF U GO AND GET A FIX ....... [Big Grin]

hahahahahaha GIMME, GIMME, GIMME...... I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT NOW

well go there and get it ....the pic thread access my post and its waiting for yah .......

thanx babe mwah

Posted by spacedust (Member # 12116) on :

It is a dump!! Bigstyle!

Never go out alone,take a bloke with you too..it equals regression for women.

quote:
Originally posted by spacedust:
Never go out alone,take a bloke with you too..it equals regression for women.

No problem in going out alone, at all, although having a local with you will help to overcome possible language problems and to keep the prices down.

Posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT (Member # 11953) on :

I wouldnt advice anybody to stay or live in Nassr City, although I havent been to many places there, I still dont like it.

It's very crowded & congested all the time, & it's the ugliest part of Heliopolis

Terrible crowd of young aimelss guys driving all around & you can barely walk around becuase of the high polution from cars everywhere

Niiiiiiice!!! Lookin' forward to it now!! rofl

Posted by Mary/Anne (Member # 12496) on :

Nasser City is one of the worst places in cario,doodlebug why has your boyfriend or husband want to rent a flat there? Your muslim now so he should respect you by inviting you to his family home,not to some washed out old alley flats...I would talk to him and ask him if these flats he knows about are know for specail cases..if he admits it them my advice is to walk away from the realtionship NOW

Nasr city is fine and a lot nicer than some of the other areas in cairo.

quote:
Originally posted by Mary/Anne:
Nasser City is one of the worst places in cario,doodlebug why has your boyfriend or husband want to rent a flat there? Your muslim now so he should respect you by inviting you to his family home,not to some washed out old alley flats...I would talk to him and ask him if these flats he knows about are know for specail cases..if he admits it them my advice is to walk away from the realtionship NOW

oh my goodness!!! He does respect me and it's a long story. I will be meeting his aunt and cousins but he just lost his last parent so there is no family to speak of. I will be going to the flat that he lives in but it's in Old Cairo and in an area where there is much gossip, and since the walls are paper thin he is very worried about how it is going to look with me staying there with him and then me disappearing for months on end. He is totally looking out for my reputation in this respect since he does not want people gossiping about me and him.

Not at all like what you are thinking, you can rest assured of that!!!

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

Doodlebug.....It`s not allowed for him to stay with you in one appartment without being married.
Are you two married?
You, in a rented appartment, without protection from anybody, what are you gonna do when your friend (that you have never seen before) seems to be another man then you thought???
No family to speak off???
This is dangerous!
Egyptians, PLEASE give your opinion about this!!!
Go in a hotel, and first learn to know how he is!!!

Hope all goes well for you..you married yet or going to cario to get married? I think its a good idea to get married first before you go moving and staying in his flat.Your muslim why dont you two have an islamic wedding if you can then after your wedding,go book into a nice hotel..This what my husband and I decided to do,besides its much easier we both met and live in the uk...good luck wish you all happiess but be careful i swear..

quote:

How well do you know Nasr City Mary/Anne? As with any district in Cairo there are good and bad parts, there are some very expensive and very respectable areas here too. Admittedly it is more crowded that some other areas of Cairo and it doesn't have the status they do, but then again, it also doesn't have the inflated prices that the status areas have either.

As I live in the area, and certainly not in "some washed out old alley flats", I can certainly vouch for the fact that the whole area is not as you are implying. It's also not as bad as CAT is implying, or maybe I just don't go to the areas where all those terrible crowds of young aimless guys are driving around all day [Big Grin]

If doodlebug is looking for a short-term let, for whatever reason they have decided they want to do so, they could end up paying anything up to 500 LE per night to stay in this area. And as her husband-to-be is probably not earning an international salary, that will be a hefty price for him to pay.

We will be married, yes. We will not stay with each other until that time. Until then I will be staying in a hotel.

when i say special flats ..????? do you understand what i mean?

you know maryanne I don't think you should worry so much. I am pretty savvy and know what you mean by these "special flats". I have had two separate people who I found on my own vouch for him and would never in a million years put myself in a questionable situation. The only thing that could happen is that we would have different feelings for each other in person which I highly doubt, though admittedly it could happen and if that happens I have plan B and C to fall back on.

Please I was only trying to get a feel for what the city is like, not to get lectured on whether I'm making the right decision.

well anyway good luck but be careful.

How can you be sure when you only have seen him on webcam? bloody hell woman you really sure,you never met him before in the flesh,you see him on webcam butwhen the web cam turns off he not the same person,iam sure your like that too,anyway you seem to know what your doing but be careful,dont matter hes religion or nationality,be careful,your from the usa?Would you feel the same way if it was a male from the usa,anyway be careful islamic way of life is not all roses and lights around the door,your a new muslim you need to take a step back and learn some more..anythin you need just PM me ok.

Hope he is paying for all costs,your flights etc?

doodlebug you bringing your children too on ts trip of yours? Or are you just going to dump them with a family memeber? For some reason doodlebug I get a false verb about you,dont know why always felt this,hope Iam wrong.

Posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT (Member # 11953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
As I live in the area, and certainly not in "some washed out old alley flats", I can certainly vouch for the fact that the whole area is not as you are implying. It's also not as bad as CAT is implying, or maybe I just don't go to the areas where all those terrible crowds of young aimless guys are driving around all day [Big Grin]

I was not implying Nassr City's bad, I was flat out saying it........ It's my opinion, I dont like it & I wouldnt live there

Too crowded, too noisy, pollutted & not much of a good residential area, not to be compared to Maadi or Heliopolis.

It's a matter of taste, I think Doodlebug has got to see it for herself & decide whether she'd like to stay in that place or not.

btw, I've been to the main streets like Abbass El Akad or Makram Ebied & not some alley back streets & they are still terrible with silly guys driving around aimlessly trying to pick up some girl

quote:
Hope he is paying for all costs,your flights etc?

doodlebug you bringing your children too on ts trip of yours? Or are you just going to dump them with a family memeber? For some reason doodlebug I get a false verb about you,dont know why always felt this,hope Iam wrong.

maryanne you've officially crossed the line with me. I won't respond to you anymore. ASking if I'm gonna "dump" my kids with a family member? My goodness. And you talk about being muslim. Ever hear of backbiting? Geesh! [Frown]

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

OK, Doodlebug, you don`t want to be lectured, and I think everybody gived you their honest opinion about what you are planning to do.
You know what a respectable man with honourable heart should and shouldn`t do. You are convinced he is one of these respectable man, although you never met him before.
There are numbers of red flags; the way he contacted you, the main opinion about devorced women with children, the financial situation, the fight he had (getting a revenge), the fact that you`re not going to live in his family after marriage, etc.etc.
You don`t want to hear them, and you have every right of the world to make your own decisions.
In spite of all the warnings, you jump into the unknown.
I hope your fiance is the man he claims to be, and that you will have a nice time.
At least build in some escape-possibility`s when things might go wrong.
Wish you luck.

I never had he experience of being 'picked up' 'chatted up' or any other hassle I've heard of it happening but not in nasr city. My ex brother in law lives ere and I stayed there for a while and it was a lot nicer than other places.

I just spoke with him and he agreed that some parts are not so good. He told me the place we will be staying and said it is a good place where the things that normally happen in some of the seedier areas don't happen. I would write down the name of it but I didnt' have him spell it out. I"ll have him write it down tonight on chat.

i sued to live round the corner from the AL SARAG had a lovely aprtment ....it was ok but for stuff you need to do its not the best locations .....if you need embassys ..etc etc ..

yeah your right banana, it's not central, where i lived i was 10/15 minutes to anywhere!

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
OK, Doodlebug, you don`t want to be lectured, and I think everybody gived you their honest opinion about what you are planning to do.
You know what a respectable man with honourable heart should and shouldn`t do. You are convinced he is one of these respectable man, although you never met him before.
There are numbers of red flags; the way he contacted you, the main opinion about devorced women with children, the financial situation, the fight he had (getting a revenge), the fact that you`re not going to live in his family after marriage, etc.etc.
You don`t want to hear them, and you have every right of the world to make your own decisions.
In spite of all the warnings, you jump into the unknown.
I hope your fiance is the man he claims to be, and that you will have a nice time.
At least build in some escape-possibility`s when things might go wrong.
Wish you luck.

she will learn,takes time for theses things to sink in I suppose,am I backbiting her,of course not,just warning her of the possible dangers,why do the woman here do all the chasing men,travelling across the globe,doodlebug I swear if you are paying for flights etc etc,and he telling you he pay you back,then he not the true man he telling you he is,a good muslim man would pay for everything for his wife to join him,and not expect her to live with him in his flat,maybe he loves you,How do you know,you will never know this,your miles away from each other,you going to meet his aunt and cousins,lets hope they are nice to you! bet they only agree with your boyfriend/husband..because he may be the oldest memeber of the family.Of COURSE THEY WILL SO SWEET..they have no other choice do they...i only advise you here you dont have to respond to this..but seriously you never seen him before only in webcam and mobile..Are you bringing your children to egypt with you..LOL...No of course not shame on you,shame on him,hmmm gossips he wants to protect you from,so he tells you come alone ..LOL...he protecting himself...not you...with his intensions of you becoming his wife for fun,not love,i bethe has his egyption wife lined,get you first take all your money,hey because he not paying for anything is he?...I think iam right..

[Smile]

Any way Nasser city is not too bad,its just the people you have to watch out for...ROFLMAO [Big Grin]

you could say that any where take no notice doodle bug i was left in nasr city for 2days while me hubby rushed bck to north sinai cause i didnt want to travel and i had no problems if your round longing enough they help you and if a man does get shitty wif you u just go and tell sumone else and man hes sorted good and proper they know your a forigenr in the way you are and youe manner its the norm i found it ok ......just not central enough for me .....dont let it bother u go and enjoy ur self and jusdge for ur self ..ok ..

Posted by spacedust (Member # 12116) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER):
I never had he experience of being 'picked up' 'chatted up' or any other hassle I've heard of it happening but not in nasr city. My ex brother in law lives ere and I stayed there for a while and it was a lot nicer than other places.

Oh come on!
I have never heard of any woman there whether expat or Egyptian not being hassled while out alone.
CAT you are so right,you have to watch for these blokes esp if is a crowd of them.
Be careful!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com