This is topic Foreigners-Egyptians Society in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002910

Posted by wacobaco (Member # 3640) on :

After reading so much posts here..one can conclude what is written as follow : - some foreigners in love with Egypt and Egyptians
- some foreigners in love with Egypt but burnt by Egyptians
- some Good Egyptians would die to socialize with foreigners (male/female vice versa ..with good intentions)
- some foreigners would like to take the risk and go under the experience of knowing Egyptians (even if it ends up sadly)
- some bad Egyptians having every possible way to get to know foreigners and use them cleverly
- some foreigners liked to be abused by their own wills by bad Egyptians
- some ..and ..some..and bla..bla ..bla..
Sooo the final result is MESS !!!
how about something like .. association..or bond..or whatever..with mutual command (foreigners and Egyptians) .. those who r trusted for both sides..try to make it true..(on solid bases ..like education, contacting language, interests.) maybe like what we used to have here in Egypt ( i mean Tourists Friends Association) in a more modernize way..to help all..i mean ALLS .. to get what they want..could that be possible one day? ..I wonder ?!!

Posted by Monica (Member # 2621) on :

Have you also noticed that the Egyptians abusing foreigners, are ALL located in a very small area? [Hurghada-Sharm-Luxor]

And that, those Egyptians are almost always the same ones -, again and again, according to a list posted somewhere with names and pictures - that hurt those foreigners (many of them 'sex tourists' by the way) that actually go looking for it, with open arms and open wallets?

I am positive that most foreigners that go looking for quick fun in Egyptian resorts - with gigolos - are certainly not interested in the cultural, intellectual and historic side of Egypt - or so it seems according to all the stories, as they have no clue about social classes to start with etc..etc....and all you hear is Orfi not Orfi...apartment, sleeping before, sleeping after, sleeping where, with family without family, other wife many girlfriends, players ...then it's the SMS and web cam phase...pleaaase!

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong!

But your idea is brilliant of course, for the right crowd.

Salam
Monica

Hi Monica, i believe u r right... even i don't like generalization..but i can bet that most of those lamenting Egyptians' bad behaviours are those who only meet with specific sector of Egyptians ..i mean those who r working in the tourism field (every rule has some exceptions) ..i mean Bazaars' sellers, guides, hotel crews ...and so on.. the ugly ignorant touristic character..which has only one aim..self benefits..whether sexually or financially ..or even emotionally ..but where is the doctor..?..the teacher...? ..the engineer ..? the manager..?? ..where all other sectors of egyptian society ? (here as i can bet too..comes the role of successful stories ..with natural exceptions too) .. and for that we need honest mediator ..but where is that ?

The lawyers, the accountants, the translators, the army Engineers the civil Engineers, the computer Engineers, sales people, marketing people, the librarians, the researchers, the professors, the surgeons, the dentists, the business entrepreneurs, the journalists, the writers, the poets, the educated people you mean!

They are all busy actually, making a decent living!

About honest mediators: check my posts friend, you'll find out I've been really really trying - along with others!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 23 February 2004).]

hi Monica, r u trying to make a list composed of egyptian job titles? sorry ..just kidding ..but still got ur point ..that u got my point .. which is exactly ur point .. and our points r the same points of others..sooo..what is the point?
i mean ..even after reading ur many many posts.. i think what i was saying here is some kind of association..not only one person with his/her relations with other few persons..no..big bond of characters..in which each has his own circles of friends..that need to come together through such a bond..did u get anything of what i'm saying? good..have a good day.

wacobaco, I got your point for sure!
Let's think together...but have you noticed many that responded??? Let's wait a bit more.

quote:
Originally posted by wacobaco:
hi Monica, r u trying to make a list composed of egyptian job titles? sorry ..just kidding ..but still got ur point ..that u got my point .. which is exactly ur point .. and our points r the same points of others..sooo..what is the point?
i mean ..even after reading ur many many posts.. i think what i was saying here is some kind of association..not only one person with his/her relations with other few persons..no..big bond of characters..in which each has his own circles of friends..that need to come together through such a bond..did u get anything of what i'm saying? good..have a good day.

Posted by kay in love (Member # 3444) on :

quote:
After reading so much posts here..one can conclude what is written as follow : - some foreigners in love with Egypt and Egyptians
- some foreigners in love with Egypt but burnt by Egyptians
- some Good Egyptians would die to socialize with foreigners (male/female vice versa ..with good intentions)
- some foreigners would like to take the risk and go under the experience of knowing Egyptians (even if it ends up sadly)
- some bad Egyptians having every possible way to get to know foreigners and use them cleverly
- some foreigners liked to be abused by their own wills by bad Egyptians
- some ..and ..some..and bla..bla ..bla..
Sooo the final result is MESS !!!
how about something like .. association..or bond..or whatever..with mutual command (foreigners and Egyptians) .. those who r trusted for both sides..try to make it true..(on solid bases ..like education, contacting language, interests.) maybe like what we used to have here in Egypt ( i mean Tourists Friends Association) in a more modernize way..to help all..i mean ALLS .. to get what they want..could that be possible one day? ..I wonder ?!!

but isnt this forum about all of the above - common bond - everyone helping the other.
some people do have problems and i think it is great to have a place to let off steam, find advice about things that i need/want to know.
i have found more tolerence and compassion in this forum - from folk of all cultures - than i am finding in my 'real' world at the moment.
so i feel i have found an association of friends - it already exists - right here
thankyou and much love kay. X

Hi kay ..sure this forum is nice..and a preliminary stage of what i'm talking about..it is like a cold canned PEPSI while traveling in the desert..but how about big river then ? .. see my point? ..it may be part of the target..not the wanted target... i'm talking about real society .. one that based here ..and can help those foreigners living here ..or to come..those Egyptians living here ..or to travel abroad.. something really huge..international..but not necessarily governmental ..just few non-professonals volunteers and fans of the association can do it.. + which is better..to meet real people in real life..with real experiences and help..or to hear WacoBaco's experience ..who may be a little child..or listen to Monica.. whom u think she is talking from girl's viewpoint ..while she is in real life old guy ..or even discover that "kay in love" is symbol for "key" in real life...who know which is which..?..i'm talking about ..REAL LIFE..

You are right wacobaco...

But please rest assured that Monica is not an old guy!! That was a good example though, I guess I need to speak like a woman more often he he he..!

Some people on this board know me by the way!

But you have a point, we should discuss it further, so what about - and I'll speak like a guy now.. he he he - drafting a proposal here on ES, and see what goes!?...and if it gets the interest needed to really start it, I'll be active, as much as my time can permit it - my busy days are by crunches, you know.
What about that?

Looking forward to your proposal on the subject matter!

quote:
Hi kay ..sure this forum is nice..and a preliminary stage of what i'm talking about..it is like a cold canned PEPSI while traveling in the desert..but how about big river then ? .. see my point? ..it may be part of the target..not the wanted target... i'm talking about real society .. one that based here ..and can help those foreigners living here ..or to come..those Egyptians living here ..or to travel abroad.. something really huge..international..but not necessarily governmental ..just few non-professonals volunteers and fans of the association can do it.. + which is better..to meet real people in real life..with real experiences and help..or to hear WacoBaco's experience ..who may be a little child..or listen to Monica.. whom u think she is talking from girl's viewpoint ..while she is in real life old guy ..or even discover that "kay in love" is symbol for "key" in real life...who know which is which..?..i'm talking about ..REAL LIFE..

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 24 February 2004).]

ok - in an ideal world where we could all hop on a plane and money was no problem - we could all get together whenever we wanted.
as it is i am in the uk, monica is in canada you are in egypt - how else are we suposed to get together?
i hope to be in egypt perminantly at some stage but am going to be there in sharm from the 21 march and would love to meet anyone from the forum face to face, the chances of this happening are slim tho due, not to lack of desire, but to commitments and finance.
i agree with you that real life would be best but when that is not possable then i am glad that this forum is here. i have learnt so much about the culture and the egyptian way of thinking, i know it is no substitue for actualy living there, but it is the only means i have of discussing the topics i am interested in, hopefully i have given something back to others about my way of thinking and my culture.
true non of us could be what we say we are, but having read other forums, i feel much more inclined to trust the people here, very few seem to have a personal interest apart from helping others and it is a place i feel very comfortable.
if we all lived in the same city then i agree it would be wonderful to set up a network to help others but while we all live spread as we are across the world i dont think we have any other choice but to have a little faith and trust one anouther and look forward to the day when we do meet
much love kay X

kay, there could be a 'rotating' committee combined of people that are portable, like I am. And others that are residents of Cairo/Alexandria, or somewhere in Egypt, for example.

What I'd like to see is a 'proposal' and then the reaction of the readers. If no one is interested, this conversation will die abrupltly anyway!

I can picture one of the main objectives being: GUIDING foreigners towards the right communities when residing in Egypt, as well as when visiting. In order to protect them and to contribute in stopping the disgusting nonsense that is happening now!

And if such an association exists already it will show up, once a research is conducted as part of the feasibility study for this 'not for profit' project...what about that ?

If people are serious this could be great.

monica
this sounds great

i would love to be involved - not sure in what way i could help? but would do what i can

who is going to kick start the proposal???
dont think i have enough of the right knowledge

maybe wacobaco would like to get back to us?

i also still think that some of the objectives already exist on this board. there have been many threads about where to live, fors and agansts different areas - advice on hotels and what to see - i think that a board such as this has got a big part to play especialy as it is such a good first point of contact and can reach so many people from all around the world.

as i said if i can be of any help then im happy to get involved.
much love kay X

Monica, kay very pleased of ur viewpoints..which are very true .. Monica ..it was just Example.."no hard feelings" .. i know Kay . how difficult such idea could be to be achieved .. but all new things were just an idea in their makers' minds.. so .. if it is a good idea..and helpful for many..and many believe its benefits..so what prevent it from being true?..i think Monica's first step namely "the proposal" is a great step..sooo ..this is an open invitation to all who read this forum to participate .. whether Egyptians/foreigners..male/female .. one name to participate..means group of characters (his\her own circles of accountants) .. i'm with u Monica (i believe u r fit to play the role of the momentum of this association)..and at least three of my friends ..so ..who is next?

wacobaco no hard feelings I have a sense of humour thanks God!

An official proposal is needed.
Meaning you draft it as a business proposition, here on this board with all your initial ideas in an organized way. We can all add or adjust the proposal, until we have a final document...

In the meantime people would start to show interest - or not, and we can take it from there, or not!

Kay, I think wacobaco can do it in principle...I can adjust or add with all due respect to the initial draft, and so can others.

You could be one of the rotating members...we can have a voting committee for 'positions' and when in Egypt you can attend by-monthly meetings for example...we can at least make a Pilot out of this project, the cyber way!

But it's not going to work if it's only Kay the 'key' Monica the 'old guy' and wacobaco the 'child...!!!

Now, I have to run to a business meeting, before my Boss goes waco with me ...he he he!

quote:
Originally posted by kay in love:
monica
this sounds great

i would love to be involved - not sure in what way i could help? but would do what i can

who is going to kick start the proposal???
dont think i have enough of the right knowledge

maybe wacobaco would like to get back to us?

i also still think that some of the objectives already exist on this board. there have been many threads about where to live, fors and agansts different areas - advice on hotels and what to see - i think that a board such as this has got a big part to play especialy as it is such a good first point of contact and can reach so many people from all around the world.

as i said if i can be of any help then im happy to get involved.
much love kay X

OK Monica ..let me start spelling my ideas out first.. by asking questions like.. from the very beginning.. someone abroad wants to spend some nice time ..a memorable holiday .. but he needs
- *information about the place ... (a full touristic data entry about the wonderful places in Egypt ..really available..but it is a must for our new association) ..then before coming..to know where to put ur first step ..
-* transportation..(internal and external...again information) ... just to see sights or to live the place in its true environment ?..here comes the role of
-* people ..(our society members... character..education ..language..helpful..volunteering activities ..should be the characteristic of such members) .. to get to know those who r coming (VIA INTERNET and MAILS) .. their aspirations..how to achieve them all... those who r living actually here ..
-*multi-cultural communities .. first to give a hand for such members..then to be active members
-* meeting in some places with volunteers during their tour (our association would have some volunteer agents in every touristic place..give real image about the modern Egyptian character)
...and....what else? ..anybody have much better ideas

wacobaco, I'll contribute, review, add, etc...when I get back to this, later tonight - Canada time.

By the way, Kay and Wacobaco, check the 'Find my son' by Zendano - thread in the 'Looking for people or a business' forum, and see if you both can support...in words... at least!

Thanks.
Monica

Posted by Tamy2 (Member # 3635) on :

Hi everybody, Wacobaco, I like the Scheme, But I don't get what's for?
Yes it's nice to meet people to talk and exchange acquaintance, but I find out that most of the time; we are the Egyptian in the place of guilty trying to define ourselves and our cultures and what we believe. Because most of the time when you have a conversation with any foreigner they start to complain about Egyptian behaviors, and as you said they just some specific people but the foreigner they generalize and most of them they make you feel somehow that they have a strong Idea about us but by time fleeting you find out they still have the same stand never change especially when they talk to each other, (even they are not the same nationality) And when you try to clear; they said but you are just one person or they say the good people are just few and they don't present all the Egyptian,
Sorry to make it long but I wonder why we always have to justify ourselves to them most of the time.
Are we blameworthy? Is not in each country you can find good people and some others not, and I don't want anybody to get me wrong I have a lot of foreigner friends from different country because I believe that the human been has good side and unhealthy side.
I think is enough now otherwise I’ll make anyone read this bored, and I don’t like to do this at all, normally I read the posts especially I like Monica’s but just this time I felt to write my opinion.

look Tamy ..i won't blame u for ur desperate feeling ..coze i went through it many times..but i'll tell u something ..those who too k such bad ideas about us..coze they went through bad experiences with egyptians..so partially ..it is our own fault (Egyptians) .. even not all of us like that... generalization notion is a universal one..it means it is not only foreigners do so ..we do so too..Ex .. Russians r cold ..Germans r tough..British r arrogant..and so on..
sooo many bad Egyptians meet with foreigners and give bad image...how about giving the for good Egyptians to spread the real image ? maybe ur desperate feelings would drive u to be part of my idea..(as such feelings could drive much numbers of Egyptians o do the same) ..and the dream come true..!! who knows?

Posted by jaguar (Member # 3378) on :

Mr Wacobaco.... I wouldn't move an inch to prove/show how good we are. If they don't like it, they can lump it... I can assure you, that's how they think when we go to them.
quote:
look Tamy ..i won't blame u for ur desperate feeling ..coze i went through it many times..but i'll tell u something ..those who too k such bad ideas about us..coze they went through bad experiences with egyptians..so partially ..it is our own fault (Egyptians) .. even not all of us like that... generalization notion is a universal one..it means it is not only foreigners do so ..we do so too..Ex .. Russians r cold ..Germans r tough..British r arrogant..and so on..
sooo many bad Egyptians meet with foreigners and give bad image...how about giving the for good Egyptians to spread the real image ? maybe ur desperate feelings would drive u to be part of my idea..(as such feelings could drive much numbers of Egyptians o do the same) ..and the dream come true..!! who knows?

Jaguar,

I admit that a high percentage of foreigners are sometimes preposterous towards Egyptians, and that stems from a lack of 'savoir vivre' or from a lack of education, or even from a lack of 'culture', but that does not apply to ALL foreigners of course.

It is maybe irrealistic to start educating the world about decent Egyptians, in order to be recognized as a nice people..............or is it? and if we don't do it, who will????

It could be wonderful if we could clean up the tourist sector from those 'gigolos' by attracting the 'right' foreigners, instead of the sex tourists...but if that is what they want, it is their choice!

No?

MMMM...branching out again Monica...but it's an important issue though!

Let's start a campaign he he he....

What do you think?

Monica
My dad is a decent Egyptian man, and so is my brother!

quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
Mr Wacobaco.... I wouldn't move an inch to prove/show how good we are. If they don't like it, they can lump it... I can assure you, that's how they think when we go to them.

Monica.... are you basically Egyptian??

Masreya meya meya

quote:
Monica.... are you basically Egyptian??

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 25 February 2004).]

Posted by Rimo (Member # 3586) on :

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 07 August 2004).]

Posted by BoBBoSS (Member # 3456) on :

hellloooo folks

i guess this sounds great , u can count me in, the idea is brilliant actually and i will give all the support i can give,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posted by Jutta (Member # 3620) on :

Dear Monica,

if you had never been in a country before, and you just met someone - how can you already know about all you've written about? The "SMS" and "Webcam-Phase"????? Thanks for motivating all girls who absolutely have to start with it, even if they have a sincere relationship in mind. What did you do? Writing letters, see him the second time and then married legally with all consequenses? Of course there are good and bad and everyone have to find out what your partner is kind of. But how can you find out? By phone? By writing e-mails? No way!!!! Everyone can say and write everything what he wants if you can not see his face. And even if you see his face its difficult to find out whats real and whats not real. You are bored by questions about "Orfi or not Orfi"? Or by "sleeping before or after marriage?" But this is a forum. And I am glad that I find people who can explain to me egyptian cultural things, because I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CULTURE AND MENTALITY. And I think thats the reason why most of the people here are posting. Can you give me a hint how to start it a better way than by talking with the guy you want to meet again? Or do you think that everyone who is not "my class" is not right because Egyptians feel that way? You with your experience are the only one who knows these things. How can I know before getting more egyptian experiences. I do want to have more. But sorry, I fell in love before that. Am I now a "..." because I have to get this wisdom after I met an Egyptian man? Thanks a lot for this compliment.

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Have you also noticed that the Egyptians abusing foreigners, are ALL located in a very small area? [Hurghada-Sharm-Luxor]

And that, those Egyptians are almost always the same ones -, again and again, according to a list posted somewhere with names and pictures - that hurt those foreigners (many of them 'sex tourists' by the way) that actually go looking for it, with open arms and open wallets?

I am positive that most foreigners that go looking for quick fun in Egyptian resorts - with gigolos - are certainly not interested in the cultural, intellectual and historic side of Egypt - or so it seems according to all the stories, as they have no clue about social classes to start with etc..etc....and all you hear is Orfi not Orfi...apartment, sleeping before, sleeping after, sleeping where, with family without family, other wife many girlfriends, players ...then it's the SMS and web cam phase...pleaaase!

Salam
Monica

Hi Jutta,

I really did not mean to offend anyone, but if you read some of the older posts here, you'll see that all women end up with broken hearts...and the ones that go for a 'good' time that end up 'falling in love' get trapped by the 'gigolos'...also end up with a broken heart.

I only wished that all women were aware that they should take their time to know the culture first, to understand 'classes' in Egypt and how they function, and what they think of foreigners in general, and which class respect them and which class abuse them... in order to understand the mentality of the person they are falling in love with.

So for example, you would come on this board to understand the mentality of an Egyptian man, wonderful...you came to the right place Jutta, so for example again, you give this board a description of his personality, his education, his class, his family influence etc..etc... and this board having the experience through hundreds of posts, and through outside stories that actually make the news about gigolos, will tell you in a second the guy IS or is Not a gigolo!

Up to you to go for it or not...and up to me to make a comment that some of the people just go for 'fun' and some of the people don't really bother to find out about EGYPT per se, but only care about a man they met in a resort that is fitting the characteristics of a player...but still don't believe the board and the posts, and the stories that are always exactly the same clichés....what can I tell you Jutta...?

One important note: MOST of the time, if you sleep with a Muslim Egyptian man in Egypt without being married to him, he will NOT respect you...will marry you?...maybe...he will leave you later?...probably...why? because that is mostly the Egyptian mentality. There are some exceptions of course, in different circles different upbringing, exposed to different mentalities.

How do I know? I was born and raised there and that is ALL you hear, ALL the time while growing up!

Decent Egyptian families are very particular when it comes to marriage, the 'man' is checked inside out, they find out about his family, his reputation, everything because there is no way that any decent Egyptian family will let a daughter marry within an obscure family, and thus, marry a man that has a bad reputation.

That is the decent side of Egypt Jutta!

And in arabic:

'Deeh Misr ya Jutta!'

Orfi is also an issue with decent Egyptian families, it is considered a 'shame'. Will that offend all Orfi married women? Well, what can I tell you but: Don't shoot the messenger, people!

I wish you Good luck...and sincerely, be careful!

Monica

Rimo, how are you doing?
That was funny...moustache...that can be shaved but...a potbelly oh nooo!!!

BoBBoSS, hello!

quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:

You definitely sound like a Guy now Don't overdo it you might wake up with a moustache and a potbelly

Hi Tamy2,

Thank you fo the nice words.

About this isue, It's not easy to cut through the clutter, and the buzz, and the bad propaganda and the bad experiences; and everything negative is usually so difficult to erase....

I have to admit that after reading so many negative posts within the past 8 months, it is very frustrating to see that Egyptian men are mostly bashed because of a bunch of 'gigolos'.

And that most foreigners are indeed heartbroken.

But wacobaco started a nice topic, so we 're shooting positive ideas, and who knows?

Have a great evening!

Monica

Posted by Shareen (Member # 989) on :

Monica said....
"Have you also noticed that the Egyptians abusing foreigners, are ALL located in a very small area? [Hurghada-Sharm-Luxor]

I am positive that most foreigners that go looking for quick fun in Egyptian resorts - with gigolos - are certainly not interested in the cultural, intellectual and historic side of Egypt - or so it seems according to all the stories, as they have no clue about social classes to start with
By all means, correct me if I'm wrong!"

I am correcting you Monica..... not all "gigolos" are from the tourist resorts and not all "foreigners" are sex tourists with no interest in the cultural, intellectual and historical side of Egypt.
I myself, study egyptology, the culture and history of Egypt are what brought me there in the first place. I am educated, my profession being that of an accountant. Yet I have been an Orfi wife, and I have no regrets. I know you will say that you didnt mean me personally, that not all foreigners are sex tourists.... but you have said you would like to attract the "right" sort of tourists instead of the sex tourists.
Let me tell you something, these professional egyptians which you speak of can be just as bad as the gigolos. No, they can be worse because they hide behind their so called respectability. I love my internet, I have many many friends all over the world because of the internet. I will be in Florida in May to attend the wedding of a very dear friend I met in a chat room.
And in those chat rooms I met egyptian men. Not the lower classes who work in the tourist industry (they cant afford pc's at home), but
"The lawyers, the accountants, the translators, the army Engineers the civil Engineers, the computer Engineers, sales people, marketing people, the librarians, the researchers, the professors, the surgeons, the dentists, the business entrepreneurs, the journalists, the writers, the poets, the educated people you mean!
They are all busy actually, making a decent living!"
and believe me....... from personal experience they are no better than the gigolo... in fact, give me a gigolo any day, at least they are honest in what they want from us.
I could name names, I could tell you of a certain married dentistry professor who professed to want friendship, but turned out to be only interested in cybersex... or the computer programmer who travelled the world selling and demonstrating software systems.... who I actually met in real life, who was a perfect gentleman, until he thought I trusted him implicitly, then he showed his true colours.
No Monica..... I am correcting you. Generalisations of "foreigners" and of "educated, intellectual egyptians" are always just that. General.

------------------
Sex tourist

wacobaco,

I am actually exploring the idea of delivering the information to the tourists, in a 'workshop' format!

To be continued......

Thinking Monica!

Hi Shareen,

That was very honest, straight to the point, and extremely informative.

I did ask to correct me if I was wrong, so thank you for giving us the dark side, based on your knowledge.

My post was related to the stories read on this board, by the way!

But does it mean that every Egyptian accountant and every Egyptian doctor etc...has a cyber adventure?

And when I say 'decent' I mean the decent Egyptians within every class and every profession. The bunch that you have encountered on the net, pretended to be decent Egyptians at first, but at the end of the day they were not decent at all...so they do not count within the decent bunch, in my book.

I'm not really sure if you are serious in terms of being a sex tourist, or if it's a joke, so what can I say but: whatever makes you happy!

The gigolo's approach vs the obscure type, that uncovers his mask later, is not an option for me and many others. I certainly despise both types.

But you did make your point, not all sex tourists are uneducated, and not all intellectuals are decent.

Enjoy the wedding in Florida!

Monica
Cairo population: 15 million
Egypt population: 70 million

originally posted by Shareen
Monica said....
"Have you also noticed that the Egyptians abusing foreigners, are ALL located in a very small area? [Hurghada-Sharm-Luxor]
I am positive that most foreigners that go looking for quick fun in Egyptian resorts - with gigolos - are certainly not interested in the cultural, intellectual and historic side of Egypt - or so it seems according to all the stories, as they have no clue about social classes to start with
By all means, correct me if I'm wrong!"

I am correcting you Monica..... not all "gigolos" are from the tourist resorts and not all "foreigners" are sex tourists with no interest in the cultural, intellectual and historical side of Egypt.
I myself, study egyptology, the culture and history of Egypt are what brought me there in the first place. I am educated, my profession being that of an accountant. Yet I have been an Orfi wife, and I have no regrets. I know you will say that you didnt mean me personally, that not all foreigners are sex tourists.... but you have said you would like to attract the "right" sort of tourists instead of the sex tourists.
Let me tell you something, these professional egyptians which you speak of can be just as bad as the gigolos. No, they can be worse because they hide behind their so called respectability. I love my internet, I have many many friends all over the world because of the internet. I will be in Florida in May to attend the wedding of a very dear friend I met in a chat room.
And in those chat rooms I met egyptian men. Not the lower classes who work in the tourist industry (they cant afford pc's at home), but
"The lawyers, the accountants, the translators, the army Engineers the civil Engineers, the computer Engineers, sales people, marketing people, the librarians, the researchers, the professors, the surgeons, the dentists, the business entrepreneurs, the journalists, the writers, the poets, the educated people you mean!
They are all busy actually, making a decent living!"
and believe me....... from personal experience they are no better than the gigolo... in fact, give me a gigolo any day, at least they are honest in what they want from us.
I could name names, I could tell you of a certain married dentistry professor who professed to want friendship, but turned out to be only interested in cybersex... or the computer programmer who travelled the world selling and demonstrating software systems.... who I actually met in real life, who was a perfect gentleman, until he thought I trusted him implicitly, then he showed his true colours.
No Monica..... I am correcting you. Generalisations of "foreigners" and of "educated, intellectual egyptians" are always just that. General.

------------------
Sex tourist

Posted by ausar (Member # 1797) on :

Why does the blame always extend to the Egyptians? Doesn't it take two to tango? People going to Egypt for deviant heahavior are only going to get the same in return.

quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:

Shareen... I admire your frankness, but don't you think it is a bit of a sluttish statment you made??

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Why does the blame always extend to the Egyptians? Doesn't it take two to tango?

Auser... you're right. it takes a gigolo and a slut to tango. Some people are dubious of the similarity of both words..

JUST GREAT .. guys..u have all such enthusiasm .. just to talk ? ..to defend ur viewpoints? ..to attack each others? ...good ..no problem..but save part of ur enthusiasm and talk for the main target..the real cause of this post..still remember it ? ..i doubt !! .. Monica asked for proposals and ideas..and i gave some..asking for more..(maybe these ideas could be turned into real facts after all) ..but what i got? .. please.. participate ..share .. but ..to the point.. don't drag the whole forum to ONLY personal experience,talk, fight, criticism, ..or even gaining new friend...take it step by step..from the main aim..till the end..and i believe other things (friendship enmity, criticism..) would come in its time...concentrate Monica..SALAM

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

quote:
Shareen... I admire your frankness, but don't you think it is a bit of a sluttish statment you made??

Not at all she spoke the truth. I would prefer to have a man be honest with me any day. Deceit is the number one thing I hate in anyone.

Whether or not you take him up on it is another matter and Shareen didn't comment on whether she would do that.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

wacobaco, you could be a leader

As we were saying, I read your points and I thought of a workshop format to deliver the information to the 'foeigners'. But remember at this point:

1- we still don't know if such an association exists
2- we don't have enough participants yet -lack of time or interest
3- we still did not research the possibility of turning it into reality

What is needed:
a) to find out if such an organization or a similar one does in fact exist
b) wait to catch more participants
c) and then start researching

I know for a fact that the French cultural centre in Cairo is something to look into when we start our collective research!

We are not in a rush, true, but we are interested in achieving goals.

QUOTE]Originally posted by wacobaco:
JUST GREAT .. guys..u have all such enthusiasm .. just to talk ? ..to defend ur viewpoints? ..to attack each others? ...good ..no problem..but save part of ur enthusiasm and talk for the main target..the real cause of this post..still remember it ? ..i doubt !! .. Monica asked for proposals and ideas..and i gave some..asking for more..(maybe these ideas could be turned into real facts after all) ..but what i got? .. please.. participate ..share .. but ..to the point.. don't drag the whole forum to ONLY personal experience,talk, fight, criticism, ..or even gaining new friend...take it step by step..from the main aim..till the end..and i believe other things (friendship enmity, criticism..) would come in its time...concentrate Monica..SALAM [/QUOTE]

thanks Monica for ur nice word..but i'm actually a leader ..a team leader at my work.. hahaha .. any way .. i know it was just a nice dream..but talking to all of u make me feel it could be true .. anyway..let me continue with my ideas ..we talked about the pre-coming to Egypt stage (which of course having the same side for those Egyptians want to go Abroad..i mean our outside-borders members'll help Egyptians vice versa) .. but what about here ? .. after coming ..
-*it is optional for those who would like to participate in such organization to come and pay us a visit..when u visit a place for the first time..it is very comfortable to see familiar faces (whether Egyptians u know them via internet, or westerners members in such organization) .. we would work as ur honest guide..no money..no benefits, just pure friendship .. some "trusted" volunteers would like to accompany u during ur tour ..not tour guide..no..ur native or local eye .. explaining out of love..not just memorized words as part of ur job..enjoying himself by acquiring new friends..being great help for u ..to make u enjoy the place..and giving true and good image for the country's people ..
-* those foreigners who r living in Egypt .. feeling lonely ..can't handle simple people (doormen, taxi drivers, sellers..) .. finding volunteers to exchange language with .. to enable them to know..where they r really living.. some come and go ..without knowing much about where they spent much of their lives .. believe me.. seeing sights (even seen before alone) would take a new different tastes with natives .. (for both sides) ..
and there is more...any one can help or add ?

wacobaco
i guess u r staarting to put a good plans,starting with egypt , as it is the mother country)))) we can first start with make a real community for the ES which we can see the possibility of its existing in a real world, and and then discussing the activity which will be available, which i am sure will be great , as i see , most of the egyptians living here are spreaded in all the country , and they are aactive ppls. so lets call for a gathering, and lets try to set a date where many of the friends who lives outside egypt can also paricipate ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posted by Lori (Member # 2390) on :

wacobaco, Monica, everyone,

The idea is great. There is so much to learn, understand and admire about Egypt, and foreigners are shown so little. I'm all for it.

My two cents about the sex tourism: IGNORE IT. Really. Here's my theory:

many people like the idea of "letting their hair down" and doing things they've always wanted to do but didn't because they fear moral rejection from the community. Doing these things in a foreign country is ideal, because no one knows you and you leave soon anyway.

Men have been doing sex tourism since the beginning of time. From truck drivers and sailors to modern-day tourists, they like to get a little nooky far away from home. But it is not in men's nature to complain openly and discuss this issue. I mean, there are so-called stag parties organized in Prague by the Brits (i.e. a groom-to-be organizes an all-men trip - or bachelor party - with 20 - 30 of his pals and they get as wild as possible, as a symbol that the good old days are over and now he is heading for marriage). But I've yet to see a website of men complaining about being abandoned by foreign prostitutes in their trip.

In Egypt, this sex tourism is done by women. This is something completely new for many women. And women tend to complain a lot, loudly, and sometimes without self-restraint or self-respect. I strongly believe there is 10 times as much sex tourism going on in France, Spain or the Eastern Countries than in Egypt, but since men don't talk about it it seems like Egypt is a big culprit. It isn't.

There will always people who visit a country to understand its people and its country, and people who visit a country just to have some glossy photographs to show their friends.

For the first category, let's have a society and discover Egypt in a totally new and wonderful way.

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

edited, lol, messed up my bolds and stuff

[This message has been edited by Shareen (edited 25 February 2004).]

wacobaco, Lori, and all of you wonderful friends,

I will be away from ES for a few days, maybe 1 week or so.

Please do not think I'm letting you down on this nice dream/ future not for profit information/association/Egyptians/Foreigners society project!

One last thing before I go:

Lori's post made me realize that after all we can inform people online - through this thread actually starting next week for example, in an organized way, step by step taking questions and making sure the answer is based on facts, and then we can turn the cyber society to a real one, what do you think???

Salam
Monica

Dear Shareen,

I'm going to be away from ES for at least 1 week, so I wanted to say...thanks for all your replies!

Bon Voyage!(Would you take pictures, and then post them? he he he)

Monica

quote:

Monica,
I think its a great idea to try to get together "decent" egyptians to show the real Egypt to tourists. My question is.. who defines "decent"? The gigolo's who are at the very least honest in what they want, or the older guys who just want a wife who will be a wife, or the tourguides etc who can be very genuine and who really do fall in love, or the intellectuals who hide behing a respectable mask, persuading us that they only offer friendship.
Its a wonderful idea, but one which would need some serious organisation.

Its back to the generalisation thing... lower class, middle class, upper class, honesty and trustworthyness. I wish you luck in your project.

Oh.... and my signature is a joke, it was a name given to me here by someone who does not know me.

Ausar and Jaguar.... while I appreciate your candid posts, I really do not think that gigolos and sluts go hand in hand. Nor do I think that either can be accused of deviant behaviour. And Jaguar, my remark about preferring the honesty of a gigolo does not mean I took them up on their offer, but at least I am fully aware of what they wish to take from me, unlike my intellectual, educated "friends" who preferred to deceive me. I am with Akshar on this one..... honesty is preferable to dishonesty any day. Good men will be honest no matter what their occupation or there status in life.

Shareen.... Peace Woman...

Peace is my middle name Jaguar

Monica i'm very sorry u'll be out for a whole week.. i hope u would come back so soon..as i told u ..u seem to be the momentum of this dream.. so don't take long..or let us down..
Lori, BoBBoSS .. thanks for ur nice words..u seem the first to add new ideas..go ahead with them..grat dreams .. need great people and great numbers to be achieved ..so let us see what we can do on real life.. all other guys..pl try to share us with ur ideas..such thing wouldn't be true unless some of all concerned factors participate (i mean male/female ..egyptians/westerners .. egyptians living aboad/ weterners living in Egypt..egyptians from different part of Egypt) ..so where r all of u ? ..Waiting for u all ..

wacobaco, here is a quick reply, check this link:
http://www.eternalegypt.org

I'm also going to open a new thread in all forums for everyone to see this site. I'll be back soon. My work is a bit of a heavy load these days.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas when you study the site, let us know!

Thanks for your trust. I will try to come up with something that will hopefully have a great impact...in a few days..

Cheers!
Monica
Egypt: I am intoxicated by your eternal beauty!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 28 February 2004).]

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

interesting theorizing about forming and structuring. did you guys ever look on et?

people from that board that live in cairo regularly get together and rent a boat for a party or a felluca ride...it's a mix of expats and egyptians and we tend to invite friends from real life to meet wt people off the board.

nothing formal yet from it have begun many friendships and it's quite a large yet intimate community that's supplemented by the people who regularly visit egypt. like shareen.

though we always end up missing one another so we've never actually met on one of these things. LOL

maybe the simplest way to begin is to all meet up somewhere in a less formal fashion.

ExptinCAI
i'm really happy to know that some egyptians have not only thought of the matter..but also applied it.. so how is it like ur mixed community ? after dealing with real egyptians .. did u changed previous ideas u have about them ? or just it became a fact not ideas? .. tell us about dear in detail .. how we can activate such a meeting to be a big gathering ? .. why don't egyptians participating in such a meeting have no voice here at this site? .. Salam

We have had some very successful meetings Waco.... I attended a really good meeting in Cairo last year. I have also been lucky enough to make 3 meetings here in the UK, 2 of them attended by egyptians as well as 1 from the States.
Debbie is very good at arranging meetings in Cairo, usually on a felucca in Maadi (I think)
My first ever meeting was an EgyptSearch meeting, but in London, to meet a member who had travelled from Cairo on business.
Its not a new idea but is always a very good one.

Sadly though, Expat and I have never quite managed to be in the same place at the same time.

I myself, have met some wonderful people, egyptian and otherwise, I have made some great friends and hope to make many more.

Lol, I will be in Luxor in just over a weeks time.... so if you want to arrange a meet there I would be delighted to attend!

Posted by Dalia (Member # 1230) on :

quote:
.. tell us about dear in detail .. how we can activate such a meeting to be a big gathering ? .. why don't egyptians participating in such a meeting have no voice here at this site? .. Salam

Actually the meeting first started on ES. I remember people arranging a couple of felucca meetings while I was still in Europe (and feeling kind of jealous).
However, it's just a matter of taking the initiative and suggesting dates and times - and it's always a bit complicated to find a date where everyone's free.

Most of the meetings are are not actually "big gatherings", five to twelve people, which is a good number. They also kind of reflect the character of the board, meaning there's a very heterogeneous mixture of people, some that you might find very interesting and even become friends with and some that might not be your type at all.

There will be another ET felucca gathering soon, check it out:
http://egypttalk.net/cgi-local/ikonboard.cgi?s=b093db8c67f04d4571ccb190f4af6e23;act=ST;f=1;t=6092

But I recommend you don't talk about Brazilian carneval ...

Posted by Lucie (Member # 3717) on :

Hi everybody,

I’m a French girl, 27 years old, I did a trip in Egypt in last December, there, I had felt in love with an Egyptian man and he told me that he feel the same… He wants to marry me, he wants me to live with him in Egypt…
We have contact by phone or Internet every day.
I trusted him, but now, since I know this forum, I have some fears !!!
How can I know if he is sincere or not ? I’m going to see him in few days, maybe I will see what happen ! But if someone can help me…

Hi Shareen,

I wish you a great time in Luxor! I read somewhere that you will be celebrating your birthday there, as well as Akshar's...have a great time and 'Happy Birthday to you' in advance !

All the best
Monica

quote:
We have had some very successful meetings Waco.... I attended a really good meeting in Cairo last year. I have also been lucky enough to make 3 meetings here in the UK, 2 of them attended by egyptians as well as 1 from the States.
Debbie is very good at arranging meetings in Cairo, usually on a felucca in Maadi (I think)
My first ever meeting was an EgyptSearch meeting, but in London, to meet a member who had travelled from Cairo on business.
Its not a new idea but is always a very good one.

Sadly though, Expat and I have never quite managed to be in the same place at the same time.

I myself, have met some wonderful people, egyptian and otherwise, I have made some great friends and hope to make many more.

Lol, I will be in Luxor in just over a weeks time.... so if you want to arrange a meet there I would be delighted to attend!

Posted by leonides (Member # 3671) on :

Hi every body ,
this is great and will help alot to clear the relations between us as egyptian and others , i'll be happy to join u and to help as much as i can .

Have a good time

Leo.

Thank you Monica

hi everybody

how are u monica? it's really been a while since i followed your replies, where is adoula by the way ,i am not seeing him around also ,
wacobaco: lets make something active, lets call for a gathering and work to make it real , so put a plan for a coming gathering, lets start by egyptians and all who can come, lets start by cairo ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

hi BoBBoSS, it is a good initial step, for me, no problem, i think the best time is Friday... as all who would like to participate would be free, to make it easy on everybody.. i think towndown would be available for all, as it is almost Friday .. let it be ..next friday 12/3/04 .. at night would be nice, let's say starting from 7PM..or something..those who intend to come may contact us..here first ..or in a new thread maybe..we have to get to know each other first ..or else the whole plan would end of meeting the wrong guy..so.. let me know what u see..

Posted by Maruska (Member # 3490) on :

Sorry Monica, can't remember where's the list (I've seen it once). Could you remind me where i can find it?
Tx
Maruska

quote:

Salam
Monica

Hi wacobaco, nice start for me it's ok just name the place also you can contact me for more info ,

Good luck

http://www.dezy-house.narod.ru/Sharm/sharm.html

G.Luck
Monica
Self respect is the answer

quote:
Originally posted by Maruska:
Sorry Monica, can't remember where's the list (I've seen it once). Could you remind me where i can find it?
Tx
Maruska

wacobaco

lets give time for other friends to be prepared,
lets first :
make a new thread for this issue.
then choose a place which i suggest (grand cafe maadi)
and i also suggest the time to be may be after 3-4 weeks ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

leonides, I checked your www.mylapis.com
the flower arrangements are really elegant. I could not find the International delivery link.

Will you bring flowers to the ES meeting?
The Tulips on your site are really nice!

If you guys end up meeting, could someone take pics and notes, for the rest of us who are still halfway to Paradise on earth ?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by leonides:
Hi wacobaco, nice start for me it's ok just name the place also you can contact me for more info ,

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 04 March 2004).]

monica
we are going to miss u in this meeting if it was meant to be there, anyway , i really wish u can ever be there, is there any possibility that u can be in egypt anytime this year.

------------------
BoBBoSS

yes BoBBoSS there are possibilities this year.

So maybe the next meeting?

quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
monica
we are going to miss u in this meeting if it was meant to be there, anyway , i really wish u can ever be there, is there any possibility that u can be in egypt anytime this year.

it's an honour))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posted by Undead (Member # 3380) on :

I am back in Egypt (Zamalek) so I would like to meet as well. Perhaps a thread with a date on the heading is a good idea?

Posted by blau_frau (Member # 3699) on :

Hi Monica,
I disagree for some points with you and it's now very long to explain. I would like, but, to get from you the address of this famous listing. I am mooving myself in the direction of preventing any frode to foreigners (above all italian womens) moving to Sharm. I was living there for a while and know I know lots of things..
So, please help me to get a kind of cleaness.

Hello there,

http://www.dezy-house.narod.ru/Sharm/sharm.html
here it is.
It was posted on ES a while ago, by a member named aischa who is very helpful on this board.
If you make a search for 'aischa' on this board, at the top of this page on the right side, click the search link, you will find a LOT of information, as well as a similar list for the Hurghada 'boys'.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by blau_frau:
Hi Monica,
I disagree for some points with you and it's now very long to explain. I would like, but, to get from you the address of this famous listing. I am mooving myself in the direction of preventing any frode to foreigners (above all italian womens) moving to Sharm. I was living there for a while and know I know lots of things..
So, please help me to get a kind of cleaness.
[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 04 March 2004).]

Hi Monica , Thanks a lot for your opinion , we working on internation delievery but not finalized yet with our partners , we expect very soon .

sure i'll be happy to bring flowers .

Thanks and best of luck to all .

wacobaco & undead,
will u please follow the issue of the ES meeting in its own thread now.
i hope to see ur participations inorder to make this come true

------------------
BoBBoSS

wacobaco, and all other interested members, I wrote this on another thread and realized it should be here:

In conclusion, regarding the Egyptian/foreigners misconceptions or misunderstandings leading to disastrous situations, we read on this board practically everyday:

I still believe that a huge part of this whole 'deception' concept, stems from a great lack of knowledge, vis à vis the Egyptian culture of today's 70 million.

Bluntly informing foreigners about how the Egyptian class dominated societies perceive women, that either have pre-marital sex, and /or get into a quick Orfi marriage, after a very short period of time, is a MUST.

The Internet is the venue of the day, that could be the ideal portal for the cross - culture specific information, and most importantly it should be advertized with the coo-peration of all embassies, in protection of their citizens.

An example would be, if you are :

a) a sex tourist, in Egypt
expect............
b) a marriage on the fly oriented, in Egypt
expect.......
c) associating with class 1- class 2- class 3 etc....with description and real examples, in Egypt expect................
d) a business investor needing an agent or a partner, in Egypt consult...expect...
e) gay, in Egypt expect....
f) looking for a job in Egypt, expect....
g) none of the above and REALLY interested in Egypt -the history, the country
expect...........
etc...etc...etc...

I did not find anything that tackles these issues in depth, through any Egyptian/tourist oriented website.

There are Russians and/or German websites warning girls/women of the gigolos of Egypt.

But this type of extremely sensitive, down to earth and factual information, should be generated through a group of Egyptians in a cross-culture specific frame of mind/format.

It's not an easy task to give such gory details/examples, about certain aspects of a country, that aside from being extraordinarily beautiful, and super rich historically, with unmatched people's characteristics when it comes to hospitality, generosity, kindness, compassion, charm etc... is also economically busted - it will get better for sure - at this moment, Islamically oriented, double standard, poor... and I am certain that it's the reason why governments do not tackle the issues in the open.

So what do you think?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

Monica, sorry, but i didn't get ur idea here!! do u mean that Egyptian government should issue such example ad u r suggesting to all embassies here, to warn their citizens from? and if not, some nongovernmental organization (such like the one we imagine we would create) to play such a role? if this is what i understood, sorry to oppose such idea..first e r saying that such a behaviour happening all over the world (developed and third world) as far as i know..no country (whether having free sexual activities or conservative) did so. so why should we do? it is clear admission that we have such thing and the government can not control + if we people want to work on changing such bad ideas, not by advertising them as a warning no.. but by highlighting good ideas, or opposite image, spotlighting good example egyptians, as it is said " beakseeha tatdeho al ashiao" "with their opposite things are clear" ..or what do u think?

When mediocre/bad/horrible things are hidden, no one can find solutions. My thought was a detailed description of EVERYTHING, good points, mediocre points etc... in total honesty!

I meant by that, to warn foreigners that if they have 'sex tourism' in mind and/or encounter proposals of quick marriages/Orfi - mostly a convenient replacement for sex, that it is a totally 'different' perception than in their countries, therefore they will attract abusive individuals - in Egypt too even if it is an Islamic country -...that was really my point. Maybe, I was not very clear.

BUT...thank you for 'el fawa an' as I tend to be idealistic at times...you have a point, and back to what is feasible of course.

Which is: an NGO organization promoting 'in depth' only the positive aspects of Egypt, and leading foreigners towards them - big time.

Back to the same train of thoughts.
When you meet with the rest of the members in person, I'm sure that you will be able to brainstorm.

I'll talk to you later!
Monica

quote:
Monica, sorry, but i didn't get ur idea here!! do u mean that Egyptian government should issue such example ad u r suggesting to all embassies here, to warn their citizens from? and if not, some nongovernmental organization (such like the one we imagine we would create) to play such a role? if this is what i understood, sorry to oppose such idea..first e r saying that such a behaviour happening all over the world (developed and third world) as far as i know..no country (whether having free sexual activities or conservative) did so. so why should we do? it is clear admission that we have such thing and the government can not control + if we people want to work on changing such bad ideas, not by advertising them as a warning no.. but by highlighting good ideas, or opposite image, spotlighting good example egyptians, as it is said " beakseeha tatdeho al ashiao" "with their opposite things are clear" ..or what do u think?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posted by MotherEgypt (Member # 3700) on :

Dear if you truly love him Is it realy make a difference to you if you read some threads there some points i would like to explain
1) true love comes once or twice in a life time ,so please grab and hold on it
2)in all over the wotld there is resorts and if i can call it that way ,well let us call it Resorts morals and this you will find in turkey ,Egypt ,italy ,,,etc
finally ,,Resorts never show the character of the country itself and my little advise to you if you really wanna get to know about some countries i guess you have to take your tourist sun glasses off
get close to the people and stop judging them ,,just give love and you will gain love ,get to know their hopes and dreams
3)always people talk when they get hurt or feeling bad this why you will find a lots of negative comments in here as well as some positive ones but make sure there is a thousand of succesful relations with honest guys have not been published .
4 )just Take it as good as it gets
Good luck
quote:
Originally posted by Lucie:
Hi everybody,

I’m a French girl, 27 years old, I did a trip in Egypt in last December, there, I had felt in love with an Egyptian man and he told me that he feel the same… He wants to marry me, he wants me to live with him in Egypt…
We have contact by phone or Internet every day.
I trusted him, but now, since I know this forum, I have some fears !!!
How can I know if he is sincere or not ? I’m going to see him in few days, maybe I will see what happen ! But if someone can help me…

wacobaco,

These sugestions about warning tourists in regards with the different conceptions of Egypt in terms of certain behaviours - including sex reminded me of a very interesting point.

In Singapore - IF you are caught CHEWING GUM you are thrown in prison. That is advertized in Embassies.

Can you relate to the warning, IF you are caught being a sex tourist or if you have a quick marriage for sexual purposes in Egypt expect so...and so and so?

Monica, r u serious ? of course u r kidding .. or if we apply ur suggestion..the government would seal Hurghada, Sharm and Dahab by red wax...and dollar would raise to reach 50 Egyptian pound at least..and we want find places in jail for those to-be-caught..then we'll be imposed to seek the help of hotels to find a place for all such prisoners and we may be forced then (under the allegation of lacking places) to jail two prisoners from different gender together in one room.. and i think they would die to be sentenced for live time..hahaha..this is me who is kidding this time..but wanna say something "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)"

I was seriously...kidding...or is it the other way around kidding seriously?
I know....the situation and it's the same everywhere not only in Egypt. Sex tourism is a business!

quote:
Monica, r u serious ? of course u r kidding .. or if we apply ur suggestion..the government would seal Hurghada, Sharm and Dahab by red wax...and dollar would raise to reach 50 Egyptian pound at least..and we want find places in jail for those to-be-caught..then we'll be imposed to seek the help of hotels to find a place for all such prisoners and we may be forced then (under the allegation of lacking places) to jail two prisoners from different gender together in one room.. and i think they would die to be sentenced for live time..hahaha..this is me who is kidding this time..but wanna say something "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)"

Posted by muhariba (Member # 3798) on :

quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:
Dear if you truly love him Is it realy make a difference to you if you read some threads there some points i would like to explain
1) true love comes once or twice in a life time ,so please grab and hold on it
2)in all over the wotld there is resorts and if i can call it that way ,well let us call it Resorts morals and this you will find in turkey ,Egypt ,italy ,,,etc
finally ,,Resorts never show the character of the country itself and my little advise to you if you really wanna get to know about some countries i guess you have to take your tourist sun glasses off
get close to the people and stop judging them ,,just give love and you will gain love ,get to know their hopes and dreams
3)always people talk when they get hurt or feeling bad this why you will find a lots of negative comments in here as well as some positive ones but make sure there is a thousand of succesful relations with honest guys have not been published .
4 )just Take it as good as it gets
Good luck

Dear MotherEgypt!
U r doing the right thing ! By yr kind & always sencere words u r putting order in all this mess of thoughts & feelings!I am new here & frankly speaking I was rather scared by all this horrible stories of egyptian-foreign relations! any way if Monica brings into the forum her incrediable sense of humor, wise advices& new ideas, u bring the common sense that everywhere there r good & bad ppl & it is only up to us with whom to mix! u have very interesting point of view on things& i feel that this point of view is the only right in the endless talks about foreigner-egyption love!
Regards from Ukraine to all of u!
Just a girl with dreams!

assalamu aleikum! merhaba!hello!privet!
to all of u! yesterday while searching information about this mysterious country of paradoxes-egypt i got across this forum & for some hours with a great ineteres i was looking through ur lively conversation , my dear friends! it is a wise idea of making an organization for helping foreigners in ur country ! i think if in mine there was something like this many bad situations could be avoided& the openion about ukraine(i am ukrainian) all around the world would be different.& even by participating in such kind of forums u r already giving a friendly hand to thouse who r in love with egypt , like i am ( i`v never been to egypt by the way ) dear friends , the only thing to all of u, who is trying really to help others: don`t be SO categorical in ur points of view& remeber we r all the same, children of God& no matter moslems, christians, buddhists or zaratushtri! we all love , hate, we feel pain & fly from happienes the same all over the world!please, have a look on what MotherEgypt wrote just few msgs above! I think it can be the healthy basis for any relations in the world!
Have a good day!with kind ppl around u!
Regards from Ukraine!
just a girl with dreams
p.s.by the way i badly need an advice about egypt!good, wise advice on how to be able to understand this country& ppl that live there!
i will write my story next time! it would be great if a can get friendly words from u on it!
thanx a lot for being so interesting people!i really enjoyed folowing ur thoughts!

Dear Muhariba,

It's always nice to read kind words like those you wrote to MotherEgypt /seems like a very kind Egyptian man by the way/ and to me ( happy I made you smile)... I go through the threads every morning skimming quickly and try to contribute as fast and as best I can to go on with my working day, and do same late at night, so when I see people like you that are genuinely interested in Egypt it makes me realize that it's worth it contributing on this board, and I think of ways to make them love and respect Egypt in its entity regardless of all the other negative side stories, because after all.... all Egyptians should be in a way Ambassadors of Egypt everywhere they go! As you would represent your country at best etc...etc...
So, muhariba, please take a look at the 'competition' thread and you will find plenty of info on our beloved Egypt...if you'd like to start from page 12 you will get a grasp of what the thread is all about... because katrina, shot a few questions on page 12 - that I will be answering soon soon - that could give you a kind of a synopsis of what the thread is all about!

In the meantime, as I will be less active in the next 3 weeks...I hope you enjoy every moment as many of us do, when contributing or sharing.

Oh, did you know the meaning of your nick name in Arabic??? just for the record it means the 'smuggler' ah ah ah!! what are you smuggling today friend?

Looking forward to your posts!
Salam
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by muhariba:
assalamu aleikum! merhaba!hello!privet!
to all of u! yesterday while searching information about this mysterious country of paradoxes-egypt i got across this forum & for some hours with a great ineteres i was looking through ur lively conversation , my dear friends! it is a wise idea of making an organization for helping foreigners in ur country ! i think if in mine there was something like this many bad situations could be avoided& the openion about ukraine(i am ukrainian) all around the world would be different.& even by participating in such kind of forums u r already giving a friendly hand to thouse who r in love with egypt , like i am ( i`v never been to egypt by the way ) dear friends , the only thing to all of u, who is trying really to help others: don`t be SO categorical in ur points of view& remeber we r all the same, children of God& no matter moslems, christians, buddhists or zaratushtri! we all love , hate, we feel pain & fly from happienes the same all over the world!please, have a look on what MotherEgypt wrote just few msgs above! I think it can be the healthy basis for any relations in the world!
Have a good day!with kind ppl around u!
Regards from Ukraine!
just a girl with dreams
p.s.by the way i badly need an advice about egypt!good, wise advice on how to be able to understand this country& ppl that live there!
i will write my story next time! it would be great if a can get friendly words from u on it!
thanx a lot for being so interesting people!i really enjoyed folowing ur thoughts!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 March 2004).]

quote:
Dear Muhariba,

It's always nice to read kind words like those you wrote to MotherEgypt /seems like a very kind Egyptian man by the way/ and to me ( happy I made you smile)... I go through the threads every morning skimming quickly and try to contribute as fast and as best I can to go on with my working day, and do same late at night, so when I see people like you that are genuinely interested in Egypt it makes me realize that it's worth it contributing on this board, and I think of ways to make them love and respect Egypt in its entity regardless of all the other negative side stories, because after all.... all Egyptians should be in a way Ambassadors of Egypt everywhere they go! As you would represent your country at best etc...etc...
So, muhariba, please take a look at the 'competition' thread and you will find plenty of info on our beloved Egypt...if you'd like to start from page 12 you will get a grasp of what the thread is all about... because katrina, shot a few questions on page 12 - that I will be answering soon soon - that could give you a kind of a synopsis of what the thread is all about!

In the meantime, as I will be less active in the next 3 weeks...I hope you enjoy every moment as many of us do, when contributing or sharing.

Oh, did you know the meaning of your nick name in Arabic??? just for the record it means the 'smuggler' ah ah ah!! what are you smuggling today friend?

Looking forward to your posts!
Salam
Monica

Dear Monica!
U`ve made me think 2day that I am not a "taleeba mugtahida" (about this muhariba)I ran to arabic -russian dictionary to check how could i be mistaken & alhamdullah I was not. just the latin transliteration of two words appears the same ãÍÇÑÈÉ&ãåÇÑÈÉ !anyway thanks to U i`ve learnt another new arabic word!U r useful in all situations , dear Monica!
Can I ask u for advice? I`v met already 100`s of questions like this here on forum , so i`ll be the 101st.
Can u .pls. advice me , where can i find work in egypt with my russian , english& poor arabic? I am a student of the faculty of orientology(everyone mistake with ornitology !), finishing my MA in june& i am ill with egypt, arabic language & arabic culture.egyptomania LOL!i really love my speciality & i dream after becoming good in it to build a bridge of communication between arabic countries & eastern europe(we r not this much bad here as u can think ). coz there r lots of misunderstandings here as well about middle east& arabic countries. but what i`v found after continues investigations is that arabic culture described in books to poor students of the faculty of orientology is something very far from reall life of arabic society so i know that i don`t know anything-it was wise told!& my wanting to work in egypt is not to get fun or big money( i won`t get anyway). i want to be able to study the language& to feel the life of an arabic society from inside. to become one of u, to think like u . to do like u!& more over egypt is a dream sinse childhood !so...i really need an advice!
ÔßÑÇ!
ãÚ ÇáÓáÇãÉ íÇ ÃÕÏÞÇÁì
Regards from Ukraine,
just a girl with dreams

Actually muhariba, the word that means 'someone who battles' is pronounced this way: 'mohhar bah'... a bit of pressure on the H....

What I suggest you do, is get in touch with the American University of Cairo and you can find their link if you make a search. Browse and see what they do, what they offer what type of programs they have etc..etc..check the staff link, and you will find many email addresses, and then get in touch with people that way, and inquire and ask for advice.

That's what I can think about right now, in regards with your particular background. and who knows you might find a job there or even better, I encourage to make a proposal of a new totally innovative position, tailored made just for you, that they can probably benefit from! I am a dreamer too, but this is how I function:
I have a dream/idea, I write the script/proposal, I set a date, and then it's showtime/take steps towards objective, and I walk right in it/action! Try it!!! Most of the times it worked with me. When it did not.. well you guessed, I changed the script!

Maybe others can give you more ideas, but in the meantime try that, and if I think of something else I'll get back to you in a few weeks!

I thank you for being genuinely interested in our beloved Egypt; and I admire your intelligence for wanting to understand the culture the right way!

WAIT, I just thought of something else, would you consider giving Russian lessons as a side line in Cairo for example? are you qualified for that? If yes you can give your name to the Russian Embassy in that respect, or as a translator if you qualify ... and you could make a bit of money this way!

Best of luck friend, and remember an objective is only but a dream...with a date!!!

Salamate to you too!

Monica
Thanks for your trust by the way

quote:
Actually muhariba, the word that means 'someone who battles' is pronounced this way: 'mohhar bah'... a bit of pressure on the H....

What I suggest you do, is get in touch with the American University of Cairo and you can find their link if you make a search. Browse and see what they do, what they offer what type of programs they have etc..etc..check the staff link, and you will find many email addresses, and then get in touch with people that way, and inquire and ask for advice.

That's what I can think about right now, in regards with your particular background. and who knows you might find a job there or even better, I encourage to make a proposal of a new totally innovative position, tailored made just for you, that they can probably benefit from! I am a dreamer too, but this is how I function:
I have a dream/idea, I write the script/proposal, I set a date, and then it's showtime/take steps towards objective, and I walk right in it/action! Try it!!! Most of the times it worked with me. When it did not.. well you guessed, I changed the script!

Maybe others can give you more ideas, but in the meantime try that, and if I think of something else I'll get back to you in a few weeks!

I thank you for being genuinely interested in our beloved Egypt; and I admire your intelligence for wanting to understand the culture the right way!

WAIT, I just thought of something else, would you consider giving Russian lessons as a side line in Cairo for example? are you qualified for that? If yes you can give your name to the Russian Embassy in that respect, or as a translator if you qualify ... and you could make a bit of money this way!

Best of luck friend, and remember an objective is only but a dream...with a date!!!

Salamate to you too!

Monica
Thanks for your trust by the way

[This message has been edited by Monica

(edited 15 March 2004).]

Dear Monica!
thank u very -very much for ur kind advice! Actualy i was already nearly giving up !
And thank u for the smll lesson of arabic!
Take care all of u!
And why none is telling a word about ur brilliant idea of foreigners-egyptian society??? Is it going to be just one of ideas that is going to die beeing still just an idea???
There r ppl who need u & is it not a reason to continue???
Regards from ukraine. Here the spring came at last!
Just a girl with dreams!
P.S. And again-Monica _SHUKRANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com