This is topic Egyptian Passport/ID in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006428

Posted by Farhana (Member # 3795) on :

Wondering if anyone can help?
I have Egyptian nationality, I want to get my Egyptian Passport made as well as an updated ID card. Does anyone know if this can be done outside Egypt? (i.e. through the embassy?) Am in the UK.

Posted by homing pigeon (Member # 8039) on :

I know that the embassy can issue you with a new passport if yours expires or is lost but I am not sure of the ID card, though. Seems to me that it is outside their department.

Posted by SiN_iNN (Member # 5754) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
I have Egyptian nationality, I want to get my Egyptian Passport made as well as an updated ID card. Does anyone know if this can be done outside Egypt? (i.e. through the embassy?) Am in the UK.

Why don't you contact them

Posted by Farhana (Member # 3795) on :

After trying Egypt Air just to confirm a flight for 4 hours so far was hoping to leave the 'trying' until i had some more info....Thanks.

Posted by Ann (Member # 106) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:

Your embassy in the UK can provide you a passport provided you have registered with them. I don't think they would issue an id card.

Posted by ah_farrag (Member # 4717) on :

Hi Far7ana
As people mentioned , You can only get a passport if you are outside your home country.
Regarding getting an ID , It's only available inside your home country, because it's an internal document.

Posted by salama (Member # 5941) on :

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Farhana:
[B]Wondering if anyone can help?

Farhana, if you got the old Egyptian passport, you would be able to renew it.
We now have the new computerised ID, and without you will not be able to get a new passport or even a driving licence.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com