This is topic Reality TV in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008137

Posted by ngeg (Member # 1271) on :

How far are you with or against reality TV?

I have a feeling that all we got out of this revolutionary idea is getting used to invading other's privacy-especially if the audience are kids and teenagers.

Posted by misfit (Member # 8880) on :

quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:

I have a feeling that all we got out of this revolutionary idea is getting used to invading other's privacy-especially if the audience are kids and teenagers.

i don't have TV, i watch it only at the shop window on my way back home!

Posted by Kamal211 (Member # 7854) on :

I thought all Middle/Upper class Egyptians own TV?
[Confused]

Posted by misfit (Member # 8880) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
I thought all Middle/Upper class Egyptians own TV?
[Confused]

uh, that's where the confusion came from, i'm actually lower class!

Posted by Farhana (Member # 3795) on :

I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad) - are they following suit yet in Egypt?

Big Brother is the perfect example of such nonsense!!I just read that apparently, thinking Big Brother is a load of crap means you are a culturally constipated snob who hates the human race in general and the working class ... LOL [Smile]

Posted by Serendipity (Member # 7211) on :

Reality tv is BS! its so popular in Norway. but its sick.. all they seem to do is to have sex!!

quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad)

Now they even have message boards for star academy!! and ppl actually spend their time on these message boards discussing the latest updates on who's with who, who's cool..etc!

quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Reality tv is BS! its so popular in Norway. but its sick.. all they seem to do is to have sex!!

I agree, but in the Arab version they do get married in the end!

Posted by sonomod (Member # 3864) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad) - are they following suit yet in Egypt?

Big Brother is the perfect example of such nonsense!!I just read that apparently, thinking Big Brother is a load of crap means you are a culturally constipated snob who hates the human race in general and the working class ... LOL [Smile]

about a year ago before the last 2 channels reception when out (FOX 9&29), I watched Simpson's, That 70's Show, and Malcolm in the Middle about 4 times a week because that was the only channels I got!

I would turn in for the finals of those reality shows, "My fat big obnixous fiance" and naturally "Joe Millionaire".

I mean come on, if you hate reality shows, its very nice to see the object of the spoof, trick be massively flabergasted.

It was great, and you don't need to see the whole series to understand the final show.

Now I don't get squat for reception. No TV. [Mad]

But I would love to see that reality show "Mariam" which was on the GB tele about Mariam being a very convincing transexual. I really need to see that. No way that could be aired in America.

Posted by Snoozin (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

What are you, Amish? [Big Grin]

Posted by 7ayat (Member # 7043) on :

quote:

i wrote an article about that a couple of years ago, when star academy's mohamed atia won. i was in the airport, i coudln't believe the thousands of people who went to meet him. and i couldn't believe the chaos, people running, stepping on each other, and fainting. i can't believe how airheaded some people are.

Posted by KeepinItReal (Member # 7946) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

What are you, Amish? [Big Grin]
LOL, Amish!!! That was funny! I wonder if he speaks Pennsylvania Dutch too. [Big Grin]

Posted by Farhana (Member # 3795) on :

Amish? Because one might not watch TV!! I think NOT...

I think the only acceptable reality tv show is The apprentice..I realllllllllllllly like it. I think it's motivating just to watch it.

Posted by AceSpade (Member # 3954) on :

Do you believe how sick they reached..

there is a show called "who's your daddy?"
in which they get an adopted boy/girl and ask them to guess who is his/her bio-father amongst many same looking men!

FINE! [Embarrassed] Here I will admit it.......I watch Survivor, I love that show and I watch it every season. I also enjoyed the show Amish in the City....it was excellent(wish they would have another season). The Apprentice I watched the first 2 seasons but even the second season I couldn't get in to(loved first season)....so I'm done with that. I also thought the show Hells Kitchen was great! I will also admit I watched Beauty and the Geek(this one embarasses me).......it was just alright and only tuned in here and there. So there you have it. I am guilty........ [Frown]

Posted by Leila (Member # 8539) on :

After KeepinItReals confession i will also come out of the closet.. i admit i actually like some reality tv shows.. idol, the apprentice, joe millionaire and the swan [Embarrassed] I know its mindless tv but sometimes after a long day thats just what you need..

quote:
Originally posted by AceSpade:
Do you believe how sick they reached..

there is a show called "who's your daddy?"
in which they get an adopted boy/girl and ask them to guess who is his/her bio-father amongst many same looking men!

Omg! This is so unfair! and heartbreakingly stupid!

quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
FINE! [Embarrassed] Here I will admit it.......I watch Survivor, I love that show and I watch it every season. I also enjoyed the show Amish in the City....it was excellent(wish they would have another season). The Apprentice I watched the first 2 seasons but even the second season I couldn't get in to(loved first season)....so I'm done with that. I also thought the show Hells Kitchen was great! I will also admit I watched Beauty and the Geek(this one embarasses me).......it was just alright and only tuned in here and there. So there you have it. I am guilty........ [Frown]

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa....do u watch miss lebanon as well?

Posted by MisplacedinAlex (Member # 4811) on :

I only like Makeover where they really fix up someone who really needs it bad teeth, protruding nose etc. ...I don't like them at all....it's sad our t.v. viewing has come to this type shows.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa....do u watch miss lebanon as well?
LOL! No but I'm sure it's great. [Big Grin]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com