This is topic Halls in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009460

Posted by minry80 (Member # 8287) on :

What is the deal with Halls cough drops in Egypt? I always used to take them when I was sick but here they are either eaten as candy or breath mints!

Posted by Black Rose Immortal (Member # 10497) on :

I have to admit, I eat them as candy and breath mints lol they are irresistable.

Posted by Nanouk (Member # 10384) on :

quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
What is the deal with Halls cough drops in Egypt? I always used to take them when I was sick but here they are either eaten as candy or breath mints!

All the quirky things that are Egypt. [Big Grin]

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

One day my husband hands me a pack of Halls.
He smiled as if to say 'my gift'. I said 'I'm not sick'. He looked so confused. He took one out, popped it into his mouth and smiled. I said, 'does your throat hurt?' he said, 'what? no, why??' I said 'do you know what those are for?'...at this point he started to look a little embarrased. I said 'these are for if you have a sore throat or a nagging cough'. LOL
I started to laugh so much and after that he always gets them for me if I have a sore throat and won't eat them as candy or mints anymore! ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Posted by Jesus Cesar (Member # 9153) on :

Halls also have extra vitamins in them and that's already a good argument for me.

Posted by Snoozin (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
He smiled as if to say 'my gift'. I said 'I'm not sick'. He looked so confused. He took one out, popped it into his mouth and smiled. I said, 'does your throat hurt?' he said, 'what? no, why??' I said 'do you know what those are for?'...at this point he started to look a little embarrased. I said 'these are for if you have a sore throat or a nagging cough'. LOL
I started to laugh so much and after that he always gets them for me if I have a sore throat and won't eat them as candy or mints anymore! ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

That is sooo funny! First, they don't taste good! [Eek!] Second, people *like* walking around with medicinal smelling breath? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

That is sooo funny! First, they don't taste good! [Eek!] Second, people *like* walking around with medicinal smelling breath? [Big Grin]
Why not? Do you prefer people that stinks from their mouths??

I always wondered about the medicinal breath too! If they are using it to cover bad breath, there are better ways than a Halls Mentholiptus (by the way MENTHO says it all).

Posted by Kerry (Member # 6310) on :

mmmhh the purple and red ones are the best [Big Grin]

quote:
I always wondered about the medicinal breath too! If they are using it to cover bad breath, there are better ways than a Halls Mentholiptus (by the way MENTHO says it all).

A trip to the dentist for starters.

quote:
I always wondered about the medicinal breath too!

When i found out those mentholiptus halls i was eating them all the time like a child playing with new toys the day after Christmas . You're so surprised at first and then you can't stop playing, just like you are afraid of losing your toys.

Posted by LovedOne (Member # 10222) on :

The only difference between most cough drops and hard candies is that the cough drops generally have some eucalptus or menthol or some other additive. Aside from that, they're really just sugar candies.

Posted by _Masrawi_ (Member # 9597) on :

quote:
ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Hmmm ... the implications of your statement. What happens if that "package" comes with no instructions?

Posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya (Member # 7043) on :

i love halls, always had them in my bag in egypt

Posted by LiveItUp (Member # 4811) on :

That is too funny, noticed it too. I don't think the taste is good at all with menthol and can't even suck on one when sick. I had a friend that carried a tin case of "Altoids" peppermint all the time with him" for fresh breath while out, the case is cute too. They are soo strong too. Me I prefer certs lifesaver types of spearmint but no, can't afind them here. I don't know how one likes the taste of the Halls..either.

Do you guys ever hear of clorets?

It's a chewing-gum that can keep fresh breath for a long time.

But when you chew it too long the taste leaves.

quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
i love halls, always had them in my bag in egypt

still better than running around with gums.

Chewing people are vulgar.

Posted by Charm El Feikh? (Member # 10243) on :

quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:
ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Hmmm ... the implications of your statement. What happens if that "package" comes with no instructions?
dont put it in your mouth?

Posted by Bombon (Member # 9095) on :

posted 18 March, 2006 09:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halls also have extra vitamins in them and that's already a good argument for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 785 | From: Home | Registered: Oct 2005 | IP: Logged |

Hey je ne veux pas avoir l'air idiote, alors je te pose la question a toi et en Francais.
C'est quoi des halls ? [Frown]

Posted by _Masrawi_ (Member # 9597) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:

dont put it in your mouth?
I don't ... but have seen so many do so ... up close and personal. [Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by Bombon:
posted 18 March, 2006 09:08 PM
Posts: 785 | From: Home | Registered: Oct 2005 | IP: Logged |

Hey je ne veux pas avoir l'air idiote, alors je te pose la question a toi et en Francais.
C'est quoi des halls ? [Frown]

Des halls c'est comme des ricola

Posted by Bombon (Member # 9095) on :

Ha bon merci grace a toi ce soir je ne vais pas dormir idiote [Smile]

Posted by Madame M. (Member # 8386) on :

My husband bought a pack of cigarettes one day and instead of change the lady gave him two Halls cough drops. He hands me one of them and I give him this look like are you nuts? I told him I didn't have a sore throat so, no thanks. He thought they were candy. I explained that back home they are marketed for sore throats. He told me he saw a commercial for them and they were candy so he popped both of them in his mouth. Ugh!

quote:
Originally posted by LiveItUp:
That is too funny, noticed it too. I don't think the taste is good at all with menthol and can't even suck on one when sick. I had a friend that carried a tin case of "Altoids" peppermint all the time with him" for fresh breath while out, the case is cute too. They are soo strong too. Me I prefer certs lifesaver types of spearmint but no, can't afind them here. I don't know how one likes the taste of the Halls..either.

Altoids are great! Especially the ginger ones. [Smile]

i but a packet of blackcurrent tunes whenever i fill up with petrol????

ROFL OMG You cannot believe how I am laughing at this thread! LOL
I see them give these Halls back with change at the stores too, as if it's something extra*. LOL
When they give it to me, I think, 'why not give me a bottle of cough syrup instead'? [Big Grin]

OMG OMG...... do you get tunes in egypt??!!!!!

what kind of tunes do you mean?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

that means you dont get them. im not coming!!!
they are mentholated boiled sweets in a couple of flavours.... there add is 'tunes, helps you breath more easily' they are soooooooo good. actually i dont eat many at all... its purely a habit thing... buying them when i fill up with petrol.
i'll bring a box with me..... anyone want some????!!!!!

Posted by Karena (Member # 9835) on :

Yeah Love some Charm, blackcurrant only please, eat them like sweets, they are so addictive [Smile]

[in the syle of homer simpson] mmmmmmmmmm blackcurrant tunes

hmmm, if they are here, I haven't noticed them.
I love menthol though~

They do all different flavours, Lemon, blackcurrant & strawberry and I think they also do honey, I love honey hmmmm.

Posted by Learner (Member # 9153) on :

what is blackcurrant

Hi Learner

Blackcurrant's are a very small round dark purple fruit, you can make juice with the fruit which is also delicious and full of vitamin C

Posted by Learner (Member # 9153) on :

thank you [Smile] , good evening.

Posted by Snapdragon (Member # 9036) on :

OMG LOL that is so funny. I was just asking my husband why everyone in his law office eats those things like breath mints or fruit candy. I told him ...read the side of the pack...they are for sore throat. LOL [Smile] He always comes home smelling like a Halls menthol. YUCK!

quote:
Originally posted by minry80:

Your welcome Learner and Good evening to you [Smile]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com