This is topic 3 month visas - worst case scenario planning... in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=018155

Posted by Shanta Qadeama (Member # 9889) on :

Ok, I'm planning my 'Plan E' here:

I'm gathering from all the puff floating round that if we can't get residency the most we will be able to get is a 3 month visa.

Now, if you do get a 3 month visa, how long do you have to stay out of the country to be allowed back in again on another 3 month visa? Can you come back after a month or only after another 3 months?

The Abu Dhabi experience suggests 1 month - but does anyone else have any better information than that?

Posted by AnnInLondon (Member # 15821) on :

Hello

Why don't you contact the Egyptian consulate in London & find out what they have to say about the matter. They should be well informed of any changes in the law (although it seems there hasn't been a change) but at least it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Posted by orange promotions (Member # 7210) on :

I am sure 100% that you can get 1 year tourism visa and i think it is up to 3 years, and also you can get 6 months reentry visa.

Posted by mamasue (Member # 4691) on :

Mr. Orange.... I'm sure you are right about Hurghada....
But I think the situation has changed for Cairo.... there are many different stories going around at the moment.... everybody seems to have a different story for Cairo.

Posted by Hermione Heliotrope. (Member # 14248) on :

Mr Orange............blimey I am seeing Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs right now dancing to Steelers Wheel [Eek!]

Up until Sept this year that was the case. But the regulations have changed and as yet no Egyptian website has updated.

The Government Ministry at the Mogamma is NOT issuing any more due to the new rules.
It just hasn't reached Hurghada yet probably.

It's in print, is up on the windows and the police clerks who issue them are all saying the same thing.

Posted by Dzosser (Member # 9572) on :

HH..Mr. Orange is perfectly right, Americans do get a 1 yr. renewable tourist visa, Britts should as well..dunno about other nationals like Sudanese or Arabs, they seem to be everywhere.

Posted by JinJin (Member # 14821) on :

I always look for new updates on this thread. I was in a panic when I first heard about this new visa thing. I renewed at Mogamma in October and got a year's visa no problem.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com