This is topic Best place to buy an electric treadmill in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=018630

Posted by Nora (Member # 807) on :

I'm looking to buy an electric treadmill, my budget is about LE 2000 and I don't want anything too big.

What's a good place to buy a good quality treadmill?

I've already looked at InterSport, and they have one called Human Traction [the guy at the shop said it was a Taiwan brand but made in China] - its for LE1,800.

I've checked Carrefour - not many options there.

Any advice would be great

Thanks!

Nora

Posted by paradise_seekers (Member # 14095) on :

City Stars?

Are there sports shops in citystars? I don't think I've seen any...

Posted by egyptian7 (Member # 12215) on :

Hyper 1

Posted by paradise_seekers (Member # 14095) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Nora:
Are there sports shops in citystars? I don't think I've seen any...

Actually try a few of the bigger/newer pharmacies, they'll import it for you or know where to get it, they may even have catalogues.

You'll have to be persistent in finding the right one, but there are good pharmacies that will do the job I really think that would be your best option in Egypt.

Posted by desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

The internet??

Good ideas, thanks!

I'll try Ezzaby since thats the only pharmacy I can think of that has sports equipment. I'll try Hyper One too.

I came across the Elliptical Trainer - it looks like its better than the treadmill for overall fitness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLD-0b1LV0

I'm planning to take a look around the shops but has anyone seen this anywhere specific?

Thanks

Posted by egyptian7 (Member # 12215) on :

yes i c in hyper 1 and i can ask 4 the prices if u would like me too but i suggest if u give it a visit urself so u can compare it btween what u seen

Posted by JinJin (Member # 14821) on :

Hi Nora, I am looking also. I think the elliptical trainer is a much better workout than the treadmill.

Last year I was looking for one and was talking to a lady who is a personal trainer and she said unless you buy the professional treadmill/elliptical trainer (around 30,000LE !), they are no good and can cause injuries.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has bought one and the pros and cons involved.

Posted by karim (Member # 3077) on :

I have normal elliptical for sale if any interested.
Like the ones in Carrfour.

quote:
Originally posted by JinJin:
Hi Nora, I am looking also. I think the elliptical trainer is a much better workout than the treadmill.

Last year I was looking for one and was talking to a lady who is a personal trainer and she said unless you buy the professional treadmill/elliptical trainer (around 30,000LE !), they are no good and can cause injuries.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has bought one and the pros and cons involved.

What type of injuries? The elliptical doesn't seem like it could cause any serious injuries unless it isn't stable or something, in that case it could tip over - thats just my guess though.

I've looked around a bit, and I found one at a store called Sports Show on Mostafa El Nahas Street in Nasr City - I tried it out in the shop and it felt comfortable and stable [and it felt somewhat fun - a feeling a never get when exercising!]. The movement was smooth and not noisy at all, I just couldn't find any flaws really, other than that I had never heard of the brand [Top Fitness] and its made in China.

Any tips from someone whose bought an elliptical from Egypt would be great

Thanks!

Posted by satanmademedoit (Member # 11766) on :

Treadmills require a lot of maintenance.
Don't buy one for your home unless you have access to an engineer who knows the appliance and knows what they are doing.
Buying from a gym is more expensive but should give you their fix-it guy's contacts.
You could be wasting your money otherwise.

Posted by desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

I have a treadmill.
Bremshey Control

I am at work now, so I cannot provide a link. [Wink]

http://www.inspire-fitness.co.uk/categories/bremshey_treadmills.php

Uhhhm, I can [Wink] [Wink] .

It is a good one.
We use it for more than 3 hours a day.

The only maintenance is putting some 'oil' underneath the moving part now and then.

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

I am having exactly this Reebok crosstrainer in my bedroom and I am good if I get 30 minutes on it every day (we don't want to overdo it, right?? [Wink] ) .... watching news of course!! [Big Grin]

http://www.sport-tiedje.fr/reebok/crosstrainer/crosstrainer_itrainer_detail.jpg

Posted by Sarah02 (Member # 1332) on :

I'm a bit skeptical about buying a China-made elliptical trainer, so I'm trying to get through to this shop in Mohandessin called INTERSIZE but the number I have isn't working for some reason. This place is supposed to have American-made exercise equipment.

Anyone heard of Intersize?

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com