This is topic Living in Egypt and visiting other African countries in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020274

Posted by anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

A question for expats and Egyptians;

Have you gone on holidays to other African countries? I mean mostly to the south. Sudan, Kenya etc. Is it cheap from Egypt and enjoyable? Do Egyptians find it appealing to travel there, are there visa issues? Or is it somewhat looked down upon?

Posted by Laura (Member # 879) on :

I've been to Morocco anthropos, adored it! My dream since I was a child, an African Safari...oh how I would LOVE to do that!

Posted by Cheekyferret (Member # 15263) on :

I used to live in Ghana [Smile]

Cheap as chips and I have no clue how Egyptians feel about going there as I have not asked any [Big Grin]

Posted by AntonD1 (Member # 16387) on :

It's cheaper to fly to Europe from Egypt than most of the African countries .

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

It is expensive to fly to other African countries from here as AntonD1 said. I think there are also visa restrictions too.

Apparently now though there are no visa requirements to Turkey for Egyptians, planning our hols [Big Grin]

Posted by Exiiled (Member # 17278) on :

Unfortunately true flying from Cairo to any African city is costly. You have to be creative, and example is to fly from CAI to Addis Ababa, and then go over land from Addis to the border of Kenya, from there overland to Nairobi and make your way overland Uganda, Tanzania, etc. Just be prepared the road from border (Ethiopia/Kenya) to Nairobi at one time had bandit raids, buses, cars, etc traveled in convoys with armed guards. Think it's safe now, but just do your research.

Africa is not for everyone, personally I loved it. Kind people, very cheap beer (and I mean pennies), good food and just very exotic.

Bottom line if you were planning on flying from Cairo to a African capital for a week (for example), returning an then again to another African country, it will amount to a lot of money.

Posted by anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

How much does it cost to fly to Addis Ababa?
and how much to Turkey?

Posted by An Exercise in Futility (Member # 9889) on :

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com