This is topic Age Difference in Marriage in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003630

Posted by ameriegypt (Member # 10697) on :

What is the age difference between you and your mate? [Smile]

I am two and a half years older than my husband. [Smile]

Posted by imagine (Member # 11591) on :

i am 2 years older :-)

Posted by mortimer (Member # 12475) on :

I'm 8 years older [Smile]

Posted by Om Bubblemouth (Member # 6244) on :

I'm 7 years younger.

Posted by desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

I'm a few months older (but so much wiser and mature ssssssshhhhhhhtttt) [Wink]

Posted by Sashyra88 (Member # 11693) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Om Bubblemouth:
I'm 7 years younger.

Om...you`re case is a refreshing breeze!!!! [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink] Thanks for that.

I know I can't be the only one. ?

The only drawback is he keeps telling me *I* am giving him his gray hair. [Big Grin]

Posted by doodlebug (Member # 11649) on :

I am 7 years older. I've always had kind of a rule of dating no one older than 10 years and no one younger than 5 years but I guess I broke that, though I'm pretty happy with the results. [Smile]

Posted by Juwan (Member # 14076) on :

Would you rather have a greying, bald old man, no teeth, not far from his pension, on his way to a prostate, or a young, handsome, virile young stud like Ashton?
[Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Juwan:
Would you rather have a greying, bald old man, no teeth, not far from his pension, on his way to a prostate, or a young, handsome, virile young stud like Ashton?
[Big Grin]

Would you rather have a graying old husband, or be the graying old woman he's looking at? [Big Grin]

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

[Big Grin] I'm happy with my situation.

Posted by Annette Curtain (Member # 14076) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Om Bubblemouth:
quote:
[Big Grin]

Would you rather have a graying old husband, or be the graying old woman he's looking at? [Big Grin]
Who said I was grey lol
[Big Grin]

Posted by esso7 (Member # 12215) on :

i am seeking an older mate

Posted by Samia (Member # 4691) on :

My husband has grey hair and is 5 years older than me.........
but I'd MUCH rather have him than any juvenile Egyptian stud-boy!!!!! [Smile]

Posted by mia ann (Member # 13024) on :

I am 24 years younger than my guy. I know it sounds crazy and I never ever thought I would be with a guy so much older but we are perfect together.
and trust me he doesn't look his age, he is very virile and handsome. I would take my guy over Ashton any day, but Ashton isn't younger than me either.
Personally, I could never date a guy younger than me, I would just feel weird.
plus I didn't pick my guy based on his age. well I guess I didn't pick him at all, it just sort of happened. We were very good friends for a few years before it turned into something romantic.

oh yeah and he does have all his teeth and is in no danger of losing any of them any time soon. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by mia ann:
I am 24 years younger than my guy.

but Ashton isn't younger than me either.

I'm beginning to think it would be illegal for you to date someone younger. [Razz] (just kidding)

You'll get no argument from me on dating older men. Always liked them. [Cool]

Posted by of_gold (Member # 13418) on :

quote:
I am 24 years younger than my guy. I know it sounds crazy and I never ever thought I would be with a guy so much older but we are perfect together.
and trust me he doesn't look his age, he is very virile and handsome. I would take my guy over Ashton any day, but Ashton isn't younger than me either.
plus I didn't pick my guy based on his age. well I guess I didn't pick him at all, it just sort of happened. We were very good friends for a few years before it turned into something romantic.

It dosn't sound crazy at all. What sounds a bit odd is that you now say that you could never date a guy younger than you. Wonder if one day you might say...It sounds crazy but I never ever thought I would be with a guy so much younger?

I doubt that most pick the person they are with because of their age. They just meet someone they like.

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
quote:

It dosn't sound crazy at all. What sounds a bit odd is that you now say that you could never date a guy younger than you. Wonder if one day you might say...It sounds crazy but I never ever thought I would be with a guy so much younger?

I doubt that most pick the person they are with because of their age. They just meet someone they like.

true, i totally agree.

Posted by hesmydream (Member # 12617) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
quote:

true, i totally agree.
Me too!

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

2 yrs to me

Posted by MissNoor (Member # 12549) on :

Of_Gold bravoooooooo I totally agree. Age is just a number nice nice.....

Posted by gr8at2d (Member # 14044) on :

My husband is 9 hours and some odd minutes older than me. Since we share the same birthday he cannot claim to have forgotten. Poor him. haha

Posted by galmarriedtoegyptian (Member # 10697) on :

My next husband has to be older than me!!!!!! lol No more younger men! [Razz]

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

quote:
[Big Grin]

greying, bald old man... anyday

Posted by flowing starr (Member # 16760) on :

there was 8 years between us but it didnt work

My ex was grey and balding and it did not work! It is not do to with age but to do with person themselves [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

6.7 years age difference between my husband and me - he's the older one of course.

Posted by dolphin redsea (Member # 11209) on :

i am 11 years older then my stud [Big Grin] but i am really the younger one, he acts like an olf faqrt most of the time [Big Grin]

Posted by Lucky Luciano (Member # 16737) on :

quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
, he acts like an olf faqrt most of the time [Big Grin]

Does he faqrt during sex??

Posted by marydot (Member # 15932) on :

My mate is 1 year older than me iam 41 [Big Grin]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

who the hell is Ashton? [Confused]

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

This is actor Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore's boytoy husband! They have a 15 year age gap. He was just 25 when he began to date actress Demi Moore who was 40 at that time, divorced from screen action hero Bruce Willis. They tied the knot in 2005.

Funny fact is that Moore's oldest daughter Rumer is only 10 years younger than her stepdad Ashton Kutcher.

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/ashtondemi-123.jpg

Posted by dolphin redsea (Member # 11209) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Luciano:
quote:

not at all [Big Grin]

Posted by marydot (Member # 15932) on :

Maybe this young man has been listening too,to many stories in his internet cafe.Ask any man if he is willing to marry a 65 year old woman he would say **** off!!! Its just for visa and to get into her country believe me. soon as he has done this he will find work send as much money home as possible.seen this happen so many times but not with a 65 year old woman and he 24 lol . I can only imagine what bullshit he is telling her. who is the victim here they both are!!! one way or another they are just using each other for for their personal gain.works both ways but this is very sad and crazy just for money money money.

Posted by weirdkitty (Member # 15365) on :

Sam is three years older than me. I wouldn't date younger, mainly because I have only just turned 23, so younger means they are likely still in college/uni. I'm not into students lol.

Posted by mamasue (Member # 4691) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Luciano:
quote:

hahaha.... ROTFAPMSL!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by tootsie (Member # 13946) on :

My husband and I are both 38 years old.
I am older by 4 months.
this huge age gap does not seem to bother us though. We both act like we are teen agers most of the time.

Posted by xblueskyx (Member # 12289) on :

im 65 and my other half is 24 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I agree most people don't go out to choose a partner either younger or older than themselves. One of my friends met and married a widower 19 years older than her. They went through a really hard time with his friends and family who were convinced she was a gold digger but the years have gone by and they now see that they are genuinely really happy and were meant to be together, so it was worth all the aggrevation in the end. Another friend used to have a wish list ie house, car, job, certain age, shoes worn (this was important to her!) Anyway she met a guy 9 years younger than her. He was a lovely guy, certainly the nicest guy she had ever met, he treated her so well but she ended up finishing it as she could not deal with him being younger. I think it was a big mistake as I could see them having a great future together. It is a shame that some narrow minded people questioned their relationship and she didn't have the courage of her convictions to just tell them where to go [Frown]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by xblueskyx:

your sister is asking about you on another thread [Wink]

Posted by xblueskyx (Member # 12289) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by xblueskyx:

your sister is asking about you on another thread [Wink]