This is topic Telling Everybody in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004087

Posted by Angel Heart (Member # 13767) on :

If you all don't mind, could you please inform me about your gender, origin country and the background/ reason/purpose by joining this beloved Egyptsearch forum cause I can't know by reading your ID and seeing your avatar picture only, and I want to know and feel about you all too.

Thanks in million [Big Grin]

Posted by Leito (Member # 14189) on :

Anonymous.

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

i am tina from texas usa
and i am here cas i like reading about different points of views in all aspects of life and if i have a question i know it would be answered here cas noone can resist tellin others their point of view lol

Posted by Anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

Female

North Pole

Married to Egyptian

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

Female

USA

Married to Egyptian living in Egypt have Egyptian daughter now (awww! [Big Grin] )

Posted by Anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

Smuckers I wanted to ask you one thing - Does your daughter have 4 names, the traditional egyptian name system or a compromise between Egypt and America?

Just wondering because of my babe, thinking what is best for both worlds...

Posted by VanillaBullshit (Member # 10873) on :

I was sent here by Satan because he was busy.

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

Female.
Europe.
From the moment I got involved with the Egyptian way of living, privately and professionaly as well, I treatened to lose control concerning my own life in a way that it seemed 'natural'at the same time. Because of the extensible values and morals, the uncertainty of simply everything, and the questions that raised on my side, the awareness that I had to be carefull to hold control and don't offer even the slightest oppurtunity to let the strings be pulled by Egyptian society in the largest meaning of the word ( people, ocassions, circumstances) I searched for answers and found this board.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Smuckers I wanted to ask you one thing - Does your daughter have 4 names, the traditional egyptian name system or a compromise between Egypt and America?

Just wondering because of my babe, thinking what is best for both worlds...

Yes she does. We gave her a first name that was familiar in America as well as here, so we were able to be fair with each other.
I wanted her to be able to be here and fit in easily one day and to be in the states and fit in easily as well. After all, in the states her middle name(s) won't matter so much, just her first and last which will be easily spoken. [Smile]

Posted by Om Leito (Member # 14488) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
Anonymous.

Online mother of this anonymous youngster here. [Big Grin]

On a more serious note,i`m a female,original from and living in Puerto Rico,and die-hard traveler. [Cool] [Smile]

Posted by egybrit (Member # 14388) on :

female
europe
got involved with a player in egypt and trying to get over it......trying to make sense of it all....not been on here long either but it helps to vent your feelings and u get to learn a lot and make new friends..........

quote:
Originally posted by egybrit:
female
europe
got involved with a player in egypt and trying to get over it......trying to make sense of it all....not been on here long either but it helps to vent your feelings and u get to learn a lot and make new friends..........

Egybrit
Try not to keep blaming and slapping yourself with it.You will heal since time cures all.Don`t forget as human beings we all make mistakes...as much as some want to believe they do not. [Roll Eyes]

Posted by MICKY A (Member # 11209) on :

female

USA

married to an Egyptian stud [Big Grin]

Om Leito is right, you learned a lesson, you are not so stupid for that, it isn't part of your own culture so you weren't used to being on watch for that.
Now you know. [Smile]

Posted by of_gold (Member # 13418) on :

Female, USA, Student

Posted by soozi (Member # 11108) on :

Female
UK

On here for entertainment reasons when bored at my desk!

Posted by get_over_it (Member # 11286) on :

I'm female, from the UK, married to an Egyptian who's been over here for nearly 2 years. I come here for a bit of a distraction sometimes when everything in the real world gets too much [Smile]

Posted by esso7 (Member # 12215) on :

male egyptian ,here to know more abt other cultures also 2 c how others think abt egypt plus sometimes i abused here to get some help

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

Female
Europe
I've loved the Sphinx since I was born.
Then I went to see it.
And then ...

BTW Thank you guys - you are doing a fantastic job here! [Smile]

<And then ...

BTW Thank you guys - you are doing a fantastic job here! >

[Confused]
Spill the beans now that this was getting spiced and interesting! [Big Grin]

Posted by advocate (Member # 13367) on :

Female, from Wales in the UK (NOT ENGLISH OR FROM ENGLAND, ENGLAND IS NOT THE UK!)

I'm a Child Protection Social Worker.

I love Egypt since I can remember, visited for the first time last December and loved it, been back 4 times this past year and always feel like I am coming home. [Smile]

The forum gives me an insigght to the Egyptian way of life and also an insight to how people love to get their noses into other people's business whilst "helping" them solve problems!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

Female
UK
Living in Egypt and married, v v v v happily to an Egyptian
Co - wife

Posted by habeeby (Member # 14429) on :

Female, from Liverpool i'm a Child Protection Social Worker who is currently burnt out! I first visited Egypt four years ago and fell in love with the place. I have returned at least x3 per year since then and everything was fine - sunbathing, scuba diving, shopping until i fell in love this year!!!!!

I have the most handsome, caring, romantic fiancee from Egypt and i was searching the web for some way of trying to gain an understanding of his culture - unfortunatelly i cam across you guys who are the most opinionated, unhelpful, narrow minded group of people i have ever had the pleasure of speaking to - Joke! Joke! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh yeh and i'm getting married to Mr magic Hands quite soon [Wink]

Wow, two child protection social workers. I better not spank ma babiez [Wink] .

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

Female
Scottish
Have an Egyptian partner

Posted by karen36 (Member # 1076) on :

Female
Member of board for 5 years, rarely post, but read every day
Lived in Cairo for 10 years
Married to an Egyptian and now we live in Ohio, USA
2.5 kids (one due in January)

Noooo Leito! you better not spank anything [Wink] [Big Grin] you 'bad boy' [Razz]

Posted by MissNoor (Member # 12549) on :

Female
California
American of Mexican descent
Instructional Aide
Very much in love with Egyptian Culture since it is being taught to our sixth graders.
My goal is to visit Egypt and see the pyrimds and meet some Egyptian friends I have made since being a member here in ES. I have met some wonderful people here in ES....

quote:
Originally posted by MissNoor:
Female
California
American of Mexican descent
Instructional Aide
Very much in love with Egyptian Culture since it is being taught to our sixth graders.
My goal is to visit Egypt and see the pyrimds and meet some Egyptian friends I have made since being a member here in ES. I have met some wonderful people here in ES....

Still have never visited Egypt? [Confused]

No Amiga I haven't and it saddens my heart [Frown] Some family emergency has kept me from going but I hope very soon in the future I will visit.

Posted by Marmia (Member # 13506) on :

Female English with S.Irish background = previous occupation(s) varied.. most recent Nursery Nurse/Teaching assistant. Husband is Egyptian We lived in Egypt to begin with then UK but returned to our business/land in Egypt. Will be relocating to the Uk again sometime next year. My reason for interacting on ES? Found it by accident in May while looking for info. on Egypt.. Find it a very useful source of information, and find there are some really interesting people on board. Its good to get different perspective & insight from people of all nationalities.. a mine of information. Some stories make me laugh, some really sad, I like to offer advice & help when I can to anyone in need.. its in my nature.

Posted by manx (Member # 14517) on :

female. near manchester uk.
just joined love the forums an know i will get answers to any questions . when i pluck up courage i may even post a topic. [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Smile]

Hi Miss Noor. Hope you are doing well.

I'm super thank you friend and how are you? (one of the great people I have met here)

I'm fine thanks Miss Noor. Thankyou for your kind words.

Great people!... thanks now I know you all more than before. [Smile]

I am female from Indonesia and being here for collecting information and experiences from ones who know better than me on Egyptian culture etc, cause getting those info from my Egyptian man is not enough for me.

I was in Egypt for short assignment from work and holiday at once, and will be a wife of Egyptian man next year in Feb'08 inshaallah.

You don't know meeee, nah na na poo poo.

What date in Feb Angel Heart? we may be celebrating our weddings at the same time!

Posted by happybunny (Member # 14224) on :

From London

Married to my Eg hubby for 13 years.

3 kids - son and 2 two daughters.

Came here for fun! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
What date in Feb Angel Heart? we may be celebrating our weddings at the same time!

Inshaallah on February 14. Same date? [Wink]

We will be experiencing our happiest day at the same time - wonderful [Wink] I will think of you on my day with a smile [Smile]

Posted by mysticheart (Member # 6838) on :

Female
USA
Married to Egyptian
Came here a few years ago seeking information

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

female.
English.
love Egypt and found this place while searching for stuff.
Married to Egyptian 3 years, now live in Luxor.
come here now for 'entertainment' and social interaction with other nutters [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
Female
Member of board for 5 years, rarely post, but read every day
Lived in Cairo for 10 years
Married to an Egyptian and now we live in Ohio, USA
2.5 kids (one due in January)

Congratulations Karen! I guess if you're due in January it's more like 2.9. [Razz]
Hope your labor/birth goes well. [Smile]

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Om Leito:
quote:
Anonymous.

On a more serious note,i`m a female,original from and living in Puerto Rico,and die-hard traveler. [Cool] [Smile]

that is so sweet he gots his nice mom chattin on es too

tell us he is a mommas boy?

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
quote:

Inshaallah on February 14. Same date? [Wink]
i will too we will be married 2 years on feb 14 [Smile]

Posted by karen36 (Member # 1076) on :

Thanks, Smuckers! I am sure you remember what these last few weeks are like!?

best wishes to you Karen 36.i hope everything goes smoothly [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
Thanks, Smuckers! I am sure you remember what these last few weeks are like!?

Yes, hell on earth. God forbid if you are over-due, then it's torture. [Frown]
You must let us know when you have delivered at long last. [Wink]

Posted by The Bliss Of A Piss (Member # 14028) on :

male

Egyptian / French mom side

well trying to waste my free time to relax my mind
and learn about things though it happens in movies only
made a lot of fantastic friends here

living in Egypt and loving it [Smile]

Posted by trababe (Member # 11777) on :

female

live nr blackburn uk

i found es looking for info on egypt

married to egyptian who lands here this sat yipppeeee [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
Originally posted by Om Leito:
quote:
Anonymous.

that is so sweet he gots his nice mom chattin on es too

tell us he is a mommas boy?

Errrr....welll,Tina,i would not tell exactly he`s a momma`s boy...you know [Roll Eyes] I`ve have adopted a rather unconventional youth here... [Big Grin] but yeah,i`m happy with this new "motherhood" that came outa the blue [Big Grin]

Posted by desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

I am desertgirl, so female... otherwise I would be desertguy [Smile]

I love the deserts... but live close to the beach in Belgium (the small country in Europe without a government for almost 7 months... [Big Grin] )

Have just moved a few days, internetconnection is not working properly yet... so haven't been posting this week.

Joined ES about 1 year ago cause I was looking for some information.

Love Egypt as the perfect holiday-destination; nice temperatures, nice people,etc.

Why does everybody seem to get married on Feb 14th ??? Oh well gues that mean loads of us will be happy on the same day for the rest of our lives hee hee [Smile]

cos everyone wants it to be more romantic [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Come on how much more romantic can you get - the man of your dreams looking good enough to eat and confessing his undying love to you in public, a beautiful place with beautiful music and the rest of your life to discover each other hmmmmm [Smile] [Smile]

Posted by Mother War (Member # 8386) on :

Getting married on V-day is so cliched. So is getting engaged on Christmas.

quote:
Why does everybody seem to get married on Feb 14th ??? Oh well gues that mean loads of us will be happy on the same day for the rest of our lives hee hee [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:
Getting married on V-day is so cliched. So is getting engaged on Christmas.

quote:

yeah but everone will still do it lol

Oh well if i am cliched that is not so bad there are much worse things to be... [Razz]
I like my 'littl old cliched self' [Big Grin]

quote:
We will be experiencing our happiest day at the same time - wonderful [Wink] I will think of you on my day with a smile [Smile]

I will think of you too in that happy date [Smile] [Smile]

quote:

My Egyptian man is kind of man who always forget on details. Some people will celebrate 14 Feb as valentine day, I chose that date to make him at least remember our anniversary someday. [Big Grin]

Posted by Snapdragon (Member # 9036) on :

Female

USA

Visited Egypt 4 times since 1998. Lived in Egypt for over 2 years (2004-2006). Married to an Egyptian man for over 4 years and we now have a one year old daughter and live in Texas. Found ES by searching for something one day while living in Egypt. I have never been to the tourist cities of Sharm or Hurgada but would like to visit Luxor/Karnak area one day. I learned a lot and had an "incredible" experience by living in Egypt. Egypt will always be a part of my life since my daughter is half Egyptian but America will always be my true home. [Smile]

I would love to come to ES more often, but I stay very busy with work, housework and a little princess under my feet! [Big Grin]

Angelheart do not knock it! My man remembers EVERY detail it drives me crazy! he will tell me what i was wearing everytime we have spent time together, i thought his memory cannot be that good so i check it out on my camcorder and guess what he is correct! He tells me what we ate, what we discussed. I have a terrible memory, he makes me feel so inadequate. If i tell him i will do something he will ask me 'did you do...' and i say 'oh no i forgot' and he will say 'but you said you would do this'. It is so infuriating....

Oh...so if you tell lies to him, maybe he will ask you again the same question, and if you don't give him same answer, he will know that you are telling lies.

Exactly.... I would never take the chance of telling him a lie he would catch me out for sure... Be grateful your man forgets details [Smile]

Posted by egypt 2007 (Member # 14398) on :

Hi Female, 50 miles from London UK, visited Egypt for the first time in October 2007, met a great Egyptian guy in El Gouna, who lives in Hurghada but from Cairo...... plan to visit him again In Feb..... this could be love,

Read all the good and bad things and somtimes cant believe but very cautious,
Joined E.S for information and still need some... so will stick about.

Posted by StCatherine (Member # 14337) on :

Female
London (Irish)

Visited Egypt a few times, love it, want to work and live there ASAP!!!, met a great Egyptian guy, hope hes worth it. I get alot from reading all the posted comments and discussions, Im very new to this site.
egybrit - sorry to hear about your experiences sweetheart
habeeby - so it can really happen? you are living proof? there is hope for me?
esso7 its good to have an egyptian point of view......

Posted by soozi (Member # 11108) on :

quote:
Originally posted by trababe:
female

live nr blackburn uk

i found es looking for info on egypt

married to egyptian who lands here this sat yipppeeee [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Wow, Trababe, that seems to have come quickly - how's he settling in?

i spoke too soon he couldnt come as my dearest father in law passed away the day before he was due to come so we have to wait a while so he can sort things out for his mum

Posted by egybrit (Member # 14388) on :

Oh I am so sorry to hear that......hope things work out for you
Have faith........

im trying, its weird knowing he should ave been ere but its not for too long

Posted by Habeeby (Member # 14429) on :

I am so sorry Trababe, my deepest condolences to you and your husbands family...

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com