This is topic Snow in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008241

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

Well that's the first snow of the year arrived. It's not too bad so far. I think North of Scotland and North of England have it much worse than we do. Anyone else got it yet or is just us UK'ers [Smile]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

None here yet [Frown]

You don't say [Big Grin]

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

none here yet knock on wood. but 1 hr north of my town they had a ice storm yesterday. how odd we didnt get any.. we just got rain. and now its damn cold,

Posted by Monkey (Member # 17287) on :

None here, but it's bitter out.

Brrrrrrr.

Posted by marydot (Member # 15932) on :

No snow as yet in London, but its on its way,should be here by the weekend.

Posted by weirdkitty (Member # 15365) on :

Holding out hope for a white Christmas huh Ayisha [Big Grin]

No snow in Essex yet!

And going on my sister in laws facebook statuses there isn't snow in Canada yet either.

quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
Holding out hope for a white Christmas huh Ayisha [Big Grin]

No harm in hoping [Frown]

Posted by Miss_Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Southern Germany HAS snow as of this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]

My sight at 5:30 a.m.

http://i55.tinypic.com/34osphc.jpg

Posted by Mimmi (Member # 3606) on :

Here in Finland a looooot of snow!
-12C at the moment here in the southernpart up north they had -33c last night.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Southern Germany HAS snow as of this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]

My sight at 5:30 a.m.

http://i55.tinypic.com/34osphc.jpg

Sweet. That's my kind of snow, not the icky grey sludge you get left with - hate that.

Posted by Dubai Girl (Member # 15488) on :

We have got shedloads of the stuff as some of you have seen on my facebook...it's the first time for everyone in my household to see snow!!! Not that the baby is interested but the dog loves it and I haven't seen it for about 3 years as I didn't set foot in the UK at all during 2009 and I only visited once in 2008 and it was a very mild winter. It's nice for a few days but then it makes life hard. Sam is working on a project at Northumberland which is where the snow is the worst in the country so today he is working from home as the roads up past Newcastle are so bad. I braved the weather yesterday and went to Tesco to stock up on all of our supplies should we be snowed in til March (any excuse to spend more money! [Big Grin] )

To cheer myself up I just booked our flights to Cairo...we are going to be spending New Years Eve there. Although it won't be anyting like last NYE when we went out somewhere nice. This time we have Grace plus we need to go to our never stepped a foot inside apartment and put out all of the furniture we shipped from Dubai which has been sitting there since May. Go to Carrefour and buy all the food and cleaning stuff etc etc. The only reason we're going before Dec 31st is because there is a Zamalek match on that he wants to go to. I do hope they win because the plane tickets have cost loads more than usual!

Posted by Desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

Little bit of snow in Belgium. [Smile]

Posted by Miss Sharm (Member # 12405) on :

No snow here yet in Cheshire in the UK. It is very cold though, even with the heating on I am still sat here with 2 jumpers and a fleece! Too be honest i don't want it o snow here yet....let me get on my flight on Sunday and it can snow as much as it wants [Big Grin]

None here yet, but I feel a slight chill sitting next to the open window in a short sleeved galabaya, so there is still hope [Frown]

IT'S SNOWING..........YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait... No. It's stopped. Bummer.

Posted by Cheekyferret (Member # 15263) on :

It is ace watching North Yorks News in Cairo and seeing all the snow while sitting planning what time to meet tomorrow for a nice sunbathing sesh [Big Grin]

A bit more has fallen while I've been watching the TV.Ferret you are in big trouble [Mad]

I'll live [Wink]

The UK does look spectacular when covered in snow though. It is very picturesque. -3 in my part of England and I hope it snows 6ft in the night as my lil neices are SO excited [Big Grin]

Watch your back Ferret [Wink]

Posted by Chef Mick (Member # 11209) on :

we got maybe 4 flurries yesterday ...does that count? [Big Grin]

Posted by Questionmarks (Member # 12336) on :

Yes, yesterday in parts of the country and there is a thin layer of snow right here now too. Weatherforecasts predicts lots next Tuesday.

Its -1 at Gatwick Airport right now!!!

Winter Wonderland in our 'backyard' today

http://i55.tinypic.com/29452s5.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/6yz9k5.jpg

Someone enjoyed the snow [Wink]

http://i54.tinypic.com/63yaes.jpg

awe tiger that dog looks like benji

We had a very strange phenomenen earlier: blizzard conditions with thunder and lightening [Eek!]

That can only happen in the uk young at heart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11856694

Definately a day to be in [Razz]

Holy crap YAH... I am SO glad I am not even considering flying home this Christmas!!! I would definately be moaning about the cold!

A friend on my FB took a pic of his dashboard in the car earleier showing it was -5 and the time read 12.23pm!!!

Heres a link for you young at heart, to keep you up to date with the weather.

Metoffice

Or you can view snow webcams around the world.

Snow cams

[Big Grin]

Cheers Mary! I just need to look out my window to see nothing but white lol!
The link will be helpful. Hubby seriously thinks he'll get to work tomorrow but I don't think he'll be going anywhere!

I know you and flying at the best of times Ferret [Big Grin] I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere soon.

Yeah I know... I will be flying in March and am already crapping myself!

I am so not looking at snow cams!!! I would get cold just looking. It can't be that bad where I am from just yet as no snowman/woman pics have gone on FB yet!!!

I hope air travel over the next few weeks is not as disrupted as last year as I have loads of people flying both in and out for the festive period...

Must admit though I loved working in schools this time of year back in England as we would get loadsa snow days off [Big Grin]

I dont think no body will manage to get to work tomorrow in that snow and ice young at heart but I will go to work, no snow as yet in London.

Another Tube strike tonight from 6pm here, so that will add to the madness tomorrow morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11857086

Here's some nice pics to remind you of what you are missing [Big Grin]

The picture of the red squirrel is beautiful [Smile]

I guess I miss how it looks; just not how it feels!

There was a plane landed at Newcastle airport the other day and due to the ice it skidded and overshot the runaway...can you imagine how scary that must have been for the passengers when they evacuated them!!!!

Speaking of cold temperatures Morpeth which is in Northumberland is the coldest in the country with temperatures reaching - 17 tonight !!!! [Eek!] Sam is working about 5 miles from there. He went out and bought some wellies this avo to go with the rest of his snowman wear that he has had to purchase recently

quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
There was a plane landed at Newcastle airport the other day and due to the ice it skidded and overshot the runaway...can you imagine how scary that must have been for the passengers when they evacuated them!!!!

Speaking of cold temperatures Morpeth which is in Northumberland is the coldest in the country with temperatures reaching - 17 tonight !!!! [Eek!] Sam is working about 5 miles from there. He went out and bought some wellies this avo to go with the rest of his snowman wear that he has had to purchase recently

EEEE we were talking about the plane last night in the bar (just before the other one crashed [Frown] )

Our mutual northern friend is flying home in 2 weeks!!!

Oh poor Sam, it is brass monkeys bless him!!!

- 17... you're having a giraffe!!! BALTIC

Are you going to the UK for Xmas cheeky? I'm going to be in Egypt from 30th Dec to Jan 11th so if you're around I'll give you a shout. If you're not I'll have to ask our mutual northern friend to invite me to the club! [Wink]

The mutuals will be back around the 5th Jan ready for the Coptic holiday and I will be around all holiday so sure, give me a shout and we can all meet up [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
The mutuals will be back around the 5th Jan ready for the Coptic holiday and I will be around all holiday so sure, give me a shout and we can all meet up [Smile]

Definitely. If you're very lucky I might even invite you to my mansion [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
quote:

Definitely. If you're very lucky I might even invite you to my mansion [Wink]
OOO, that would be lovely [Smile]

We have snow, hurrah!! [Big Grin]

Germany is under heavy snowfall; chaos everywhere. I just hope Santa saves some for Christmas.

Oh good news for kids - NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!! [Big Grin]

Still no snow in Essex! However, weatherapp claims it's coming tomorrow.

Posted by Dalia* (Member # 10593) on :

30ºC in Cairo today. [Cool]

5c in the usa... [Eek!]

we are gettin lots of rain today thank god its not snow.....

Temperature here right now at 7:30 a.m. is -9 °C. It's very foggy and chilly.

Will start the day with a hot chocolate. [Smile]

Well the snow fell here in London, and has caused mayhem here with roads, transport etc. Everything has come to a standstill.

And not a gritting truck in sight, no roads were gritted at all before hand and they knew snow was coming.

One bus an hour so I walked home and that took me 3 hours!!!

Not sure what tomorrow will be like.

quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
Well the snow fell here in London, and has caused mayhem here with roads, transport etc. Everything has come to a standstill.

And not a gritting truck in sight, no roads were gritted at all before hand and they knew snow was coming.

One bus an hour so I walked home and that took me 3 hours!!!

Not sure what tomorrow will be like.

brrrr its 17 degrees here..and i hated every bit of goin shopping this mornin.and had to take my care to the mechanics.the wind is a killer.i can handle the cold just not the bitter dry cold wind.all we had yesterday was flurries. so all yalll uk people keep that sh it to yrselves,,, i do not want snow with this cold ass weather.

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
brrrr its 17 degrees here..

So temperatures are the same as here right now. Really this is gonna be a hard and most of all looooooooong winter. I will be so ready for my two holidays in Egypt next summer. [Big Grin]

We were playing yesterday with the idea of taking the family to the Christmas market but then it started heavily to snow again and the cold is just difficult to handle.

My husband is scheduled to fly back to the US on the weekend and we wonder if perhaps he has to make new arrangements.

On another note: I found Christmas calendars FOR DOGS (yes you read correctly!! [Big Grin] ) in the store and of course I had to get one for my baby. Don't worry they are not filled with chocolates but with little doggie snacks. Ahhhh animals can grow so close to your heart, don't they? [Wink]

Lol TL, I learnt yesterday in US they have hotels and spas for dogs.

I went to the Christmas market in Frankfurt a few years ago, soo pretty! Mulled wine in litte cups [Big Grin]

Well that is a week in the big brother igloo that is called the UK! Still it snows! Hubby couldn't get past the drive way on Monday to go to work, managed Tuesday, off Wednesday but managed to get there today whether he gets home is a different matter [Confused] This is when I really appreciate working from home, although I did have a client phoning to see if I was here [Confused]
Had to laugh at a friend on FB who said she was going to have raid the bird table for bread as she couldn't find any in the shops.
Little cups Ayisha? I got a mug last year in Edinburgh [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:

Little cups Ayisha? I got a mug last year in Edinburgh [Razz]

Surprised it wasn't a pint glass youngster. Frankfurt is a little more 'cultured' than Edinburgh. [Roll Eyes]

The mug was the only way I managed to go on the big wheel [Frown] Myself and Edinburgh are very cultured thankyou very much crone [Big Grin]

London still has snow, but the roads are slush now,so traffic is moving, one more day of traveling in the snow then its the weekend!! Thank god, last few days have been a nightmare!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11908583

There's always one numpty [Eek!]

how can yall complain about 17 c.. when i converted it its colder here in usa.. its..
-8 c
its 17 degrees in iowa ferienhite

quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11908583

There's always one numpty [Eek!]

Did you listen to it on the news? Alastair Stewart clearly didn't approve - his eyebrows wobbled and everyfink [Big Grin]

I love this satelite picture they keep banding about of the UK under a blanket of snow. Why aren't we green? There's naff all here, even on the moors. As Metinoot would say, where is the date stamp? Huh? HUH? Reckon they took that in the nanosecond we had a sprinkling, or maybe last year...

I want snow, no fair. All we've got here is lousy rain [Frown]

Monkey where do you live that you have no snow [Eek!] I can send you any amount you want [Big Grin]
Never saw Alastair and his eyebrows [Confused]

Posted by vwwvv (Member # 18359) on :

Amid all the tales of mayhem, it's easy to forget that this snowfall is also a thing of rare beauty, so revel instead in these wonderful images of winter:

web page

it just started snowing here too

quote:
Monkey where do you live that you have no snow [Eek!] I can send you any amount you want [Big Grin]
Never saw Alastair and his eyebrows [Confused]

Devon. Cornwall got it bad, Dorset too, but it seems to have gone around us.

quote:

Ah.... I am looking forward to see some pics again. Please be careful.

Still none here yet [Frown]

Son has been snowed in for a week and loving it. Kids are all off school and loving it.
I'm still sweating [Frown]

Snow in London is melting, Rain moving in tonight, thank god, still remaining very cold.

The ultimate lock-in: Seven trapped in Yorkshire pub for last EIGHT days as forecasters warn Big Freeze will go on for at least another week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335602/UK-snow-Seven-trapped-Yorkshire-pub-days-Big-Freeze-set-week.html#ixzz17B5aZd00

What a great place to be locked in!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
quote:

Ah.... I am looking forward to see some pics again. Please be careful.
it was a light dust so when i get more i will make some pics...

Feeling really sorry for all the motorists who have been stranded for 10 hours or more on the motorways here. Hope they get home soon [Frown]

After the big snowfall came the rain yesterday..... road conditions def did not improve. Many cars got stuck on the streets. For Thursday night the weather forecast predicts more snow and afterwards rain again.

They're still there [Eek!]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11924238

My SIL has smashed the radiator on her car after skidding on black ice. Luckily though no one was hurt as she had the kids with her.

The weather up your way looks horrid YAH.

I had an email from home earlier and all my friends aer still commenting on how pretty the town is. I am quite sure the novelty will wear off [Big Grin]

Egypt btw is cold now... from bikinis to socks n boots in the space of 2 days!

Forecast for Marshall
Updated: 4:01 am CST on December 11, 2010
Blizzard Warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 am CST Sunday...
Today
Breezy...colder. Rain in the morning. Snow through the day. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. High in the mid 30s. Temperature steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph shifting to the northwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail
Tonight
Very cold. Snow until early morning...then a chance of snow early in the morning. Blowing snow through the night. Very windy. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulation 5 to 8 inches. Low zero to 5 above. North wind 25 to 40 mph with gusts to around 50 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill readings 15 to 20 below.
Sunday
Very cold. Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of snow through mid morning...then mostly sunny in the late morning and afternoon. Areas of blowing snow in the morning. Patchy blowing snow in the afternoon. Very windy. High 5 to 10 above. Temperature steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. North wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 45 mph. Wind chill readings 15 to 20 below.
» ZIP Code Detail
Sunday Night
Mostly clear. Breezy...colder. Low around 10 below. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph. Wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero.
Monday
Mostly sunny. High 5 to 10 above. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero in the morning.
» ZIP Code Detail
Monday Night
Partly cloudy. Low zero to 5 below.
Tuesday
Partly sunny. High 15 to 20.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy. Not as cold. Scattered flurries through midnight. Low 10 to 15.
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light snow. High in the mid 20s.

u brits sent that blizzard to iowa didnt yall?damn damn damn

MINNEAPOLIS – Much of the upper Midwest braced for frigid temperatures and heavy snowfall Sunday as the National Weather Service warned of blizzard conditions spanning parts of eight states.

The heavy storm was moving eastward a day after it dumped 20 inches of snow in parts of the region, forcing numerous road closures and even postponing for a day an NFL football game when the New York Giants were unable to get to Minneapolis to play the Minnesota Vikings.

A blizzard warning was in effect Sunday for Chicago and much of northern Illinois, all of Iowa, large sections of southern Minnesota and Wisconsin, and smaller areas in North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri and Michigan, according to the National Weather Service. Most of the rest of the region was under a winter storm warning or a hard freeze watch. Wisconsin authorities issued a statewide no-travel advisory Saturday, citing blizzard and winter storm warnings in nearly every county.

Well, no rain as yet. Not like the weather man to be wrong [Wink]

It is lovely and blustery though, I have just made some soup and am wrapped up in a big blanky [Smile] Very nice way to spend the day.

TK... there is a guy here from Michigan and we all officially know when Egypt is cold as he stops wearing shorts and ship ships... I sent him a bbm earlier to see if it is long trouser weather yet and he called me a poof!!!

I think we have had more than our fair share Tina! It's your turn [Razz]

‎''CNN Weather Middle East: Weather forcasters report probability between 60% and 70% that The capital of Egypt(Cairo) will encounter snow falling on the 13th of December night. According to weatherglobalhistory.net, the last time Egypt experienced snow falling was in the late eighteenth century.''

People are posting this quote on FB at the moment.

nonononononononono i dont want a turn its like
-30 degrees outside cas of the windchill so i wont go nowhere...its cold all over the world.. now that sucks...take it back young at heart we dont want it here.. well maybe micky does but i dont.

The snow melted away here last week, but still remains very cold.

Forecasters say theres more to come, but hopefully i be on holidays by the time it comes and i don't have to travel in it.

Posted by Miss Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Let's hope THIS Frosty doesn't come to life! 'Bored' Poles build 31ft behemoth with a traffic cone for a nose

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337926/Is-worlds-biggest-snowman-Bored-Poles-build-31ft-behemoth-traffic-cone-nose.html#ixzz17yxdih2K

[Big Grin]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11980827
Tesco and Sainsbury's halt online orders in Scotland
Warehouse Distribution across Scotland has hit a backlog after heavy snows saw days of transport chaos
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

* Bad weather postal staff taken on
* Festive online shopping 'at peak'

The country's main supermarkets and online shops have stopped taking orders in Scotland in the run up to Christmas, because of the weather.

Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda have halted orders or suspended deliveries, after last week's wintry weather brought the transport network to a standstill.

Many are struggling to cope with a backlog of deliveries, as a result.

Couriers including Parcel Force and Home Delivery Network have also been affected, as well as Boots and M&S.

Christmas is the busiest time of the year for online shopping, with an estimated £6.4bn spent over the festive period.

The Tesco Direct website has stopped taking orders from customers in Scotland, saying it could not guarantee Christmas deliveries, while Sainsbury's suspended deliveries for Scotland.

Tesco said its priority was to deliver goods which had already been ordered. Grocery deliveries are not affected.
Continue reading the main story
How weather has affected online shopping for Scotland

* Tesco Direct has stopped taking orders
* Sainsbury's has suspended deliveries
* Asda Direct not delivering large items and has stopped orders for in-store collection before Christmas
* Parcel Force has suspended deliveries
* Firebox cannot guarantee next-day delivery
* Boots has suspended next-day deliveries
* M&S not accepting home delivery orders
* Home Delivery Network deliveries "limited" or later than normal
* River Island unable to take new orders. Current orders taking seven-14 days to arrive
* Virgin and Laithwaites wine companies cannot guarantee deliveries before Christmas
* Courier Yodel battling to clear 14-day backlog

Asda Direct warned it was unable to deliver large items, such as furniture, before Christmas, and said it had stopped taking orders for in-store collection in the run up to 25 December.

The online shopping sites Amazon and Firebox are suffering similar problems, with Firebox saying next-day delivery was not currently guaranteed.

Boots has also suspended its next day service, although the chain's store collection and standard home delivery services are still available.

And Marks & Spencer are not accepting any home delivery orders for Scotland, due to a week-long backlog.

A statement on the Tesco Direct website reads: "We apologise for any inconvenience, but unfortunately we are currently unable to take any new orders in Scotland and the Scottish Isles.

"This is due to the adverse weather conditions causing a build-up of orders. However, if you have already placed an order we will do our very best to deliver your items as soon as possible."
email saying "order for Christmas" Online sites, including Amazon, are finding it hard to honour pre-Christmas deliveries

Tesco took the decision as the courier company Yodel battled to clear a 14-day backlog of parcels.

Sainsbury's website said: "We have temporarily suspended Standard Delivery for Scotland and some parts of North-East England."

In a statement on the Parcel Force website over the weekend, the delivery company said it would not be accepting any parcels for delivery in its Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen centres, until it was "confident" it could honour Christmas deliveries.

"Whilst we will continue to deliver as many parcels each day as we possibly can, if we accept more parcels for the affected areas it will make recovery from the current position exceedingly difficult," said the company.

Parcel Force said it regretted having to take the "unprecedented decision" not to accept deliveries for its depots in Scotland's main cities.

Home Delivery Network, which serves more than 350 retailers, warned its deliveries would be limited, or made later than normal.

Wine companies Virgin and Laithwaites both said they could not guarantee Scottish deliveries before Christmas, while clothing chain River Island said it was unable to take new orders, while current ones were taking about seven days to two weeks to deliver.

Concerns had been raised that deliveries of international tickets for Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations had been affected by the backlog of mail during the recent bad weather.

Last year fewer than 80 people needed to have their tickets re-issued but organisers said they did not foresee any significant increase in the number this year.

Thankfully I have received all my orders [Confused]

quote:
‎''CNN Weather Middle East: Weather forcasters report probability between 60% and 70% that The capital of Egypt(Cairo) will encounter snow falling on the 13th of December night. According to weatherglobalhistory.net, the last time Egypt experienced snow falling was in the late eighteenth century.''

People are posting this quote on FB at the moment.

Noooooo way [Eek!] And still we don't get it - what's it take to get some snow around here [Confused]

Holy crap YAH... that is some serious inconvenience!!! No wine, HOLY CRAP.

Monkey, this was a comment on my FB this morning. "It snowed in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and closer to home - parts of Sinai..."

I would love it to snow here, what an experience that would be... it is already chaos, schools closing, school trips being cancelled, less taxis and cars on the road... I have even heard someone say that there mobile won't work becasue of the weather lol....

I am in the Mids in March and apparently snow has been ordered for then from 3 psycho girls (neices) who want to whoop my ass!!!!

Posted by metinoot (Member # 17031) on :

http://yfrog.com/31img00499j

http://yfrog.com/28img00500dj

http://yfrog.com/09img00502ej

http://yfrog.com/fximg00501j

http://yfrog.com/htimg00504j

http://yfrog.com/jnimg00504fj

http://yfrog.com/2fimg00505qj

http://yfrog.com/64img00506j

http://yfrog.com/mjimg00507qj

http://yfrog.com/0ximg00508mj

http://yfrog.com/ndimg00509j

http://yfrog.com/jnimg00510j

http://yfrog.com/muimg00511xj

http://yfrog.com/7bimg00512pj

http://yfrog.com/g0img00513gj

http://yfrog.com/ghimg00513j

http://yfrog.com/0rimg00514nj

http://yfrog.com/f7img00518j

http://yfrog.com/mmimg00519j

http://yfrog.com/0aimg00520tj

http://yfrog.com/5simg00521yj

http://yfrog.com/5oimg00522hj

Notice how the snow is dirty and detailed to a form, the car wasn't washed
before the storm now the car is clean:

http://yfrog.com/5oimg00523fj

http://yfrog.com/45img00524j

http://yfrog.com/nbimg00525jj

Plus the Metrodome roof caved in, if anyone else saw the video footage on yahoo portal.

Supposedly it was 16 inches, but snow has a tendency to blow into my neighborhood and get caught in drifts of 18-36 inches packed.

@ Cheeky: OMG, no wine? Sheesh, you can keep it then [Big Grin] This is it. Global meltdown. It's going to be like 'The Day After Tomorrow' by midnight

We're doomed, DOOMED, all doomed [Eek!]

Maybe it's time to move on to pastures warmer before it's too late [Cool]

@ Metinoot: Actually, they said it was 17 inches when they showed the roof collapsing on our news. I'm only messing [Smile]

Imagine a world without wine!!! Even Jesus had a bad week and turned water into wine ffs!

I live in pastures warm Monkey and the wine sucks! To get decent wine is expensive (or you rerly on friends bringing it over)...

Did I mention I have sausages and parma violets [Smile] Random change of subject.

Yah, do you need a Red Crescent parcel?

I only tried the wine there twice. Both times there was something up. It tasted almost like fortified wine that had been watered down? Not nice, so stuck with the lager ever since. But I heard the red was better.

Oh no, the sausages are new, but the parma violets I made a mental note of [Smile]

Red Crescent parcel, always welcome [Smile] [Smile]

Oh, I have Monster Munch too but not eaten them yet [Big Grin] I have ace friends eh.

I drink the wine occassionally but it kills my head! It doesn't taste the best and is cruel the next day. and I think the red is the better of the three. The beer here isn't so bad, it is weak as hell but tasty, no one I know is a Stella drinker as it gives you gut rot but we all like a nice Sakara [Smile]

What on earth can I send from here that you folk need in the UK? We dont even have sunshine lol.

Do Red Crescent parcels include wine Ferret? If so I'd be eternally grateful [Big Grin] Can it be delivered before Thursday as the snow is due back then and I would hate to think it couldn't get through [Frown]

The fooooooood. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss it. Ahhhhhh, the shrimps - sooooo good. Red snapper. The rice is lush too. Never been much of a rice fan, but I could just eat that stuff til it comes out of my ears. I guess I'm not allowed to say rabbit? Ok, I didn't. Duck, OMG the duck! Ah, you're killing me [Frown]

quote:
Oh, I have Monster Munch too but not eaten them yet [Big Grin] I have ace friends eh.

I drink the wine occassionally but it kills my head! It doesn't taste the best and is cruel the next day. and I think the red is the better of the three. The beer here isn't so bad, it is weak as hell but tasty, no one I know is a Stella drinker as it gives you gut rot but we all like a nice Sakara [Smile]

What on earth can I send from here that you folk need in the UK? We dont even have sunshine lol.

send me some Sakara to the usa...we have stellla here and yes it is way better and much much more stronger [Razz]

Stella in the UK is good stuff but here it is jus Mosquito piss!

Yes, wine can be included! I told you, it is biblical and it is Xmas after all!

You miss the food... some I would miss but not enough to have it shipped to me! In fact if I ever leave this place the only thing I would really miss would be my social life and the sunsets! [Smile]

I was run over earlier this morning by a snow plough [Frown]

"B.....d", I said through gritted teeth. [Big Grin]

Posted by Exiiled (Member # 17278) on :

quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
Plus the Metrodome roof caved in, if anyone else saw the video footage on yahoo portal.

Supposedly it was 16 inches, but snow has a tendency to blow into my neighborhood and get caught in drifts of 18-36 inches packed.

Nice pics. The roofing caving in eliminated home field advantage as the game between Vikings and Giants had to be played in Detroit. Giants won [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:

Nice pics. The roofing caving in eliminated home field advantage as the game between Vikings and Giants had to be played in Detroit. Giants won [Big Grin]
Giants only win against the Vikings because the entire team and the club behind the team has sold their souls to the devil.

But it was wonderful to avoid having Giant fanbase in town. Still it would've been entertaining to see how NYCers navigate a real winter storm, instead of the pussy 6 inches you folks are used to.

I mean that in the most jovial manner, but I did end a relationship with a guy from Yonkers over a year ago. Yes he drove like **** in all weather.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] We have snow [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] We have snow [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

we got 1 inch yesterday...whoop whoop

Monkey has snow [Big Grin] Well you didn't like being missed out! I saw Exeter airport was closed today. A smattering fell last night but hopefully no more!

still none here [Frown]

Spoke to soon [Frown]

There's almost a whole inch! It's a clear blue sky so it won't last long, but it sure is pretty [Smile]

White out conditions here now [Frown]

we haven't got squat...and no snow in site till Christmas, and that's just a snow shower...take care Sis and stay warm [Wink]

Hubby went off the road this morning, thankfully he was fine and only the bumper on the car was destroyed [Frown]
You take care too Sis.

The dreaded white stuff is falling again [Frown]

ours melted but we are gettin a few inches today and 2 more days this weekend.. ohhh the hell of it all.

I know it's depressing Tina. I risked life and limb to walk the dog, the area is like one big skating rink and now with the snow on top [Confused]

quote:
I know it's depressing Tina. I risked life and limb to walk the dog, the area is like one big skating rink and now with the snow on top [Confused]

now that blows. ok i said i hated the snow. but its the biter wind that stings yr lips and makes them dry and cracked that hurt.. thats what i hate about iowa.luis said when he retires in 3 or 4 yrs we can move to az. where his sister lives in yuma. its soooo beautiful. it get desert cold but not bitter like iowa.

my front yard

http://i54.tinypic.com/a0zc50.jpg

Looks lovely Tina. I like snow when it first falls and it's sunny and blue skies.

quote:
Looks lovely Tina. I like snow when it first falls and it's sunny and blue skies.

thanks i also love seeing the snow on the trees its so pretty...but its all melted now.

quote:
thanks i also love seeing the snow on the trees its so pretty...but its all melted now.

No snow has melted here, actually it is heaped in 4-7 foot piles halfway into one lane of the street and we've lost half the parking in our city; fees on parking citations, towing and impound lot fees have doubled.

Yet with every 1/2-2 inches that accumulate every third day, no new snow emergencies have been called. After 8 inches fall over 3 weeks, the city, county won't do any additional plowing unless than can tow, cite, and fine the **** out of the populace.

I wonder if the mayor of our lovely city has upgraded his home security system. Sooner or later its going to get personal here.

keep it we dont want it lol

Posted by Momma_Dukez (Member # 16037) on :

its uber cold right now....my dad tryin to get me to move back to south florida...seriously thinkin about it....for the meantime, im poppin bottles and blastin comcast music channels....wish yalls was here to party wit me in my little homegrown dance party.

im a little drunk.

aleya is sleepin @ her bff's house and im a ll alone..need some gals to chill wit.......men can go fugg demselves. alltho there some cutie egyptio doods living upstairs that i shud go jam wit. my ex hubbo just hooked they car up and the bass be blastin, they just pulled up i saw them out my window as i was dancin....hmmm.........

well we go hit with 5 inches of the cold fluffy **** ..and now i have to drive thru it to work..here i go......and its still snowing..just got 4 brand new tires so we will see how good they are..over and out [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
well we go hit with 5 inches of the cold fluffy **** ..and now i have to drive thru it to work..here i go......and its still snowing..just got 4 brand new tires so we will see how good they are..over and out [Big Grin]

girl we wont go there now.. its 2 degrees and the windchill factor is -26 below.. ewwww only in my town out of all of iowa. go figure huh... we are suppose to get 3 to 4 inches today.. damn it all to hell.I HATE SNOW.. I HATE COLD,,, I HATE IOWA........ok rant over i havent slept yet so good night i am off to bed ubbbbbberrrr brrrrr cold.. i have them mexican blankets i will go get under them heavy ones...

Posted by Mimmi (Member # 3606) on :

Snow, greetings from a snowy Finland.
We have had a beautiful winter evene here in southern part of the country.
More snow here than in the north
Take a look at these photos from Helsinki(browse with "Katso lisää kuvia"): http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/artikkeli/1135262676413 !

thank god we are not in japan...

13 feet of snow..
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/TRpERjTfMuI/AAAAAAAANLs/icOpakFrW7k/s1600/Japan+snow.jpg

http://files.myopera.com/Mathilda/albums/71783/snow_in_japan_2.jpg

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com