This is topic Egyptian Hues: How Black People Paint Themselves in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006874

Posted by Wally (Member # 2936) on :

Egyptian brown is one of the most popular colors used to render Black skin tones.
 -

i.e., African American art
 -

Dead Egyptian: The recently deceased is painted with white skin in Egyptian art. (Ghostly?)
 -

Ahmose Nefertari - Wife of Ahmose. She was a queen of great authority, which is why her
skin is painted black. The traditional color for Egyptian women was yellow, not because they
were actually that complexion, but yellow indicates a physical weakness vis-a-vis the
Egyptian male. However, politically speaking, Egyptian women were far from weak in
Egyptian society.
 -

The Goddess Hathor with Egyptian gold complexion. The color of the gods.
 -

Egyptian Noble family. All have the same brown complexions, illustrating social
equality. This really became a more common rendition after the Amarna revolution of
Pharaoh Ikhnaton.
 -

Tutankhamen being reborn, his brown skin turning to black - the color of transformation and
resurrection. The God Ptah (Toh) - "Lord of Resurrection", holding the sceptre (Wose), sits in
judgment. His blue complexion shows that he is "god of creation and regeneration."

-
<><><>
Egyptian Skin Tones - Symbolic & Conventional

Egyptian male (dark)
Egyptian brown skin.....masculine, strong
Black skin.....................powerful, reborn
White skin....................recently deceased

Old Egyptian male (light)
Yellow skin....................weak, frail

Egyptian female (light)
Yellow skin....................feminine, weak
Egyptian brown skin.....equal of men (Amarna period)

Egyptian gods
Gold skin......................flesh of the gods
Blue skin......................the cosmic waters, the firmament
Green skin...................life (i.e., plants)
Black skin.....................resurrection, sacred, holy, benevolent

Posted by Rahala (Member # 16703) on :

^Good point

Posted by KING (Member # 9422) on :

Wally

Nice Refresher Wally.

People need to know the truth.

Peace

In Kememou ideology; the color Black (Kmt) is the symbol of Resurrectiom, Rebirth,
Transcendence, and all that which is holy, pure, and protective...this would, in part, explain
the two images of the king, totally Black skinned, standing at the entrance of his tomb.

-
 -
 -

Posted by the lion (Member # 17353) on :

____________________BLACK POWER____________________

In Kememou ideology; the color Black (Kmt) is the symbol of Resurrectiom, Rebirth,
Transcendence, and all that which is holy, pure, and protective...this would, in part, explain
the two images of the king, totally Black skinned, standing at the entrance of his tomb.

-
 -
 -

Posted by Skeptic (Member # 17827) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
Egyptian brown is one of the most popular colors used to render Black skin tones.
 -

i.e., African American art
 -

Dead Egyptian: The recently deceased is painted with white skin in Egyptian art. (Ghostly?)
 -

Ahmose Nefertari - Wife of Ahmose. She was a queen of great authority, which is why her
skin is painted black. The traditional color for Egyptian women was yellow, not because they
were actually that complexion, but yellow indicates a physical weakness vis-a-vis the
Egyptian male. However, politically speaking, Egyptian women were far from weak in
Egyptian society.
 -

The Goddess Hathor with Egyptian gold complexion. The color of the gods.
 -

Egyptian Noble family. All have the same brown complexions, illustrating social
equality. This really became a more common rendition after the Amarna revolution of
Pharaoh Ikhnaton.
 -

Tutankhamen being reborn, his brown skin turning to black - the color of transformation and
resurrection. The God Ptah (Toh) - "Lord of Resurrection", holding the sceptre (Wose), sits in
judgment. His blue complexion shows that he is "god of creation and regeneration."

-
<><><>
Egyptian Skin Tones - Symbolic & Conventional

Egyptian male (dark)
Egyptian brown skin.....masculine, strong
White skin....................recently deceased

Old Egyptian male (light)
Yellow skin....................weak, frail

Egyptian female (light)
Yellow skin....................feminine, weak
Egyptian brown skin.....equal of men (Amarna period)

Egyptian gods
Gold skin......................flesh of the gods
Blue skin......................the cosmic waters, the firmament
Green skin...................life (i.e., plants)
Black skin.....................resurrection, sacred, holy, benevolent

Where exactly are your sources for these claims?

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic:
...Where exactly are your sources for these claims?

from the Ancient Egyptians; where else would I look??
And would you care to debate these "claims"?

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic:

Where exactly are your sources for these claims?

Better yet, how do the chocolate dark complexions of ancient Egyptians disprove Wally or rather prove that Egyptians were not black??

Ancient Egyptian art
 -

African American art
 -

Amharic (Ethiopian) art
 -

Southern African art

-

^ The fact of the matter is that such 'brown' is just too dark to be the regular off-white brown let alone a 'tan' for people to say the ancient Egyptians were not black!

The naysayers know this and can't for the life of them get around it. What do you call an African people whose skin tones are like those of chocolate?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Next thing you know they will return to the debunked theory of 'Hamites' as black-skinned caucasians. LOL [Big Grin]

Djehuti

Skeptic seems to agree that AE came from the Sahara and Northern Sudan. He just does not think that this means the people were Black. He also says that Egyptians did not come from Central Africa.

Peace

Posted by Just call me Jari (Member # 14451) on :

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Djehuti

Skeptic seems to agree that AE came from the Sahara and Northern Sudan. He just does not think that this means the people were Black. He also says that Egyptians did not come from Central Africa.

Peace

No this dude contends that A. Egyptians are not NEGRO that we "Afrocentists" claims they are Negro and that Egyptians and East Africans are Caucasians not Black. That a Negro is a west African.

That is his argument.

Just call me Jari

If this is what he thinks, then I was wrong. He said he agreed with some of the studies I posted. I never knew he was into thinking that AE and East Africans are caucasians. I really wonder what these people get out of making claims like this with no facts.

They KNOW there is Links between AE and East Africa so they try to turn them all into caucasians. Sad really.

Peace

Posted by Brada-Anansi (Member # 16371) on :

What he or anyone else who thinks like him dont or can't say is where in the Caucasus region any East African came from and why they spoke an African based language,they are loath to discuss culture and cultural relatedness because they know what it means I asked them what was Kmt's first nome what was it called where was it located every time I asked that question to folkss who think him the response is deafening salience.

^ They also loath to actually define what "caucasian" means despite their utter and perpetual dependency on that term. How strange and pathetic. [Embarrassed]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com