This is topic Ouggiri, Nubian Warrior Princess in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008114

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

Something I had commissioned from KiratheArtist over at DeviantArt:

-

The artwork is hers but the character came from my imagination. She's Ouggiri, a fictional warrior princess from ancient Nubia. I want to write at least a short story about her, but so far I haven't come up with a decent plot yet:

Her name comes from this list of medieval Nubian names.

Posted by Neferefre (Member # 13793) on :

Good artwork, looking forward to the story.

Posted by Medjay Commander (Member # 17604) on :

I love the artwork, indeed I would love to know how the story would go as well.

Posted by Ebony Allen (Member # 12771) on :

I googled something about Nubia and this picture popped up several times. It's pretty nice.

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

She looks a little too hard (muscular) especially in the legs, but other than that she looks beautiful. By the way, where'd you get the name 'Ouggiri'? Is it authentically Nubian or made up?

Posted by Truthcentric (Member # 3735) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
By the way, where'd you get the name 'Ouggiri'? Is it authentically Nubian or made up?

I cited my source in the OP:

Medieval Nubian Names

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

-

One thing I forgot to mention is her sword. I think the scimitar is too Arabesque or Persian looking. Nubian swords are traditionally straight.

sketch of Meroite Queen Amanitore
 -

Modern Beja men in mock battle
 -

Posted by Narmerthoth (Member # 20259) on :

Looks like it would go well in Essence, Jet, or some other female magazine targeting people who know nothing about African Princesses or fighting stances/Styles.
It's colorful, and you can see the character spends a lot of time in the mirror.

Looks like a Negro cartoon character as drawn by a white person.

Posted by the lioness (Member # 17353) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

-

The artwork is hers but the character came from my imagination. She's Ouggiri, a fictional warrior princess from ancient Nubia. I want to write at least a short story about her, but so far I haven't come up with a decent plot yet:

Her name comes from this list of medieval Nubian names.

as a cartoon, fairly good

as usual you make the feet too long

and the knee too narrow

there also should be some highlights:
 -

^^^ notice the light reflecting highlights, along the the nose, top of the chest light part of forehead. This adds more realsitic 3-D effect and will greatly add to the illustration

-

^ If you hadn't noticed, Truth did use highlighting since there are very subtle differences in the skin tone. She doesn't have to have shine necessarily though it would have a glamorous effect.

Can you do any better? [Embarrassed]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com