EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Women in Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
heathernichole20
Member # 6114
 - posted
If any of you Muslim women (or even men) could help me, I am working on a project at AUC, and I would like to get some input from you.
I originally set out to test Maslow's Theory of Basic Human Needs across educational and socio-economic class level in Cairo. I also want to see if religion (Islam) influences perceived needs of women in Cairo.
-Just incase you don't know of Maslow's theory, it says that humans work their way up in life, going through a heirarchy of Autonomy and Self-actualization, Esteem, Social, and Security. (all these being needs of people)
What I'm finding in my research, and through reading critiques of Maslow, is that different societies have different values, and the values in Cairo are different than American values (where Maslow did his research). For example, marriage and family are given much more importance here than in America.
I am wonderin if anyone can tell me about their experiences growing up. What were the values you were taught to be important? What were you taught is your goal in life? What do you want to accomplish in life? And do you think your religion plays a role in this?
Write as little or as much as you would like. Thanks in advance for your information.

Josh
Member # 10606
 - posted
Yea muslim women in Cairo pretty much care to get covered and keep their hubbies from marrying another 3 women. It's their daily priorties!

Ichigo
Member # 10434
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
Yea muslim women in Cairo pretty much care to get covered and keep their hubbies from marrying another 3 women. It's their daily priorties!

Hijab/Niqab is the only distinction between a Muslim or a Christian women in cairo , other than that you won't be able to tell the difference because they are Egyptians , they have same culture and they have same respect to their families and themselves.

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
Charistian -thats a new word where that come from interesting ......

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com