EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Olympics: Iranian refuses to race Israeli swimmer in Beijing » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Strangeways.
Member # 14842
 - posted
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1218104248620

Politics reared its ugly head at the Olympic Games once more on Saturday after an Iranian swimmer refused to compete alongside Israeli Tom Be'eri.
Mohammad Alirezaei was due to race against Be'eri in the fourth heat of the 100 meter breaststroke, but pulled out, apparently under the orders of the chiefs of the Iranian delegation.

"This isn't the first time this has happened and it doesn't surprise me anymore," Olympic Committee of Israel General Secretary Efraim Zinger told The Jerusalem Post. "Politics takes precedence over sport with the Iranians and the Olympic spirit is as far from them as east is far from west.

"My heart goes out to the Iranian athletes. In the Athens Olympics one of their sportsmen, who was a gold medal favorite, had to pull out because he was drawn against an Israeli.

"There's no place for this kind of behavior in the Olympic movement and it's a shame it continues."

They shouldn't be allowed to take part in the Olympics.

Grumman
Member # 14051
 - posted
Yeah the Iranian delegation probably checked the Israeli kid's record and concluded he was a faster swimmer in the relay with the Iranian kid. What better way to ''save face'' by withdrawing because of the political differences instead of a potential physical one.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
"They shouldn't be allowed to take part in the Olympics."

I fully agree to that.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com