EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » DUTCH BAN HALAL SLAUGHTER » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
Dutch vote to ban ritual animal slaughter, Jews and Muslims unite in protest

quote:
Dutch parliament voted on Tuesday to ban ritual slaughter of animals, a move strongly opposed by the country’s Muslim and Jewish minorities, but left a loophole that might let religious butchering continue. The bill by the small Animal Rights Party, the first such group in Europe to win seats in a national parliament, passed the lower house of parliament by 116 votes to 30. It must be approved by the upper house before becoming law. It stipulates that livestock must be stunned before being slaughtered, contrary to the Muslim halal and Jewish kosher laws that require animals to be fully conscious.
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2011/06/28/dutch-vote-to-ban-ritual-animal-slaughter-jews-and-muslims-unite-in-protest/

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
The proposed law was shot down in the Dutch Senat: De Eerste Kamer. Now they are mulling over a Burqa ban.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_INGX5i1LRwE/TJs9fjLoLCI/AAAAAAAAAhw/tuaWjwo0DYo/s1600/Nebahat+Albayrak+3.jpg

Nebahat Albayrak, member of parliament for the Social-Democratic PVDA party, former deputy minister of Justice. Candidate for the leadership election in the parliament fraction. Vote-cannon.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com