EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Newt given an Escape Route... » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
The Explorer
Member # 14778
 - posted
In what could have put Gingrich in an uncomfortable hot spot, Juan Williams as one of last night Republican debate's moderators, posed a question to the candidate pertaining to the latter's remark about African-Americans and food stamps, but coupled the question with another matter, pertaining to the use of school teens as janitors, thereby allowing Gingrich to effectively dodge the food stamp remark, and instead, reply the janitorial issue.

A missed opportunity, since it is understood that there are more 'white' citizens on food stamps than there are African-Americans; so, why the need to only call out the latter?

This missed opportunity, and a series of other recent mishaps, raise questions about the competency of Juan, as someone who is supposed to be a seasoned TV personality and journalist.

Grumman
Member # 14051
 - posted
Juan works for a conservative news outlet. If he gets too far out of line he'll be looking for work because his views won't be what the station wants; recall PBS a few months back. It's obvious Fox likes him because he seems to be conservative somewhat. This then places him in a token Black position for Fox. He may realize it but doesn't want to jeopardize a good paying job.

The Explorer
Member # 14778
 - posted
^If true, that should serve as a case in point about the professional competency of the guy.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
I agree with Grumman, honestly the fact that Williams asked a question about race is suprising considering that most Black GOP supporters stick their head between their legs when it comes to blatant racism and racist pandering in the Neo-Con party, usually claiming the Democrats are the real racists and at the same time telling blacks to "Blame themselves" like Hermain Cain did.

Also Newt was disrespectful to Williams, Fox New, not known for their nice stance with A.Americans even called him out on this. Im not a fan of Williams but I think how Newt treated him was unprofessional and disgusting.

The Explorer
Member # 14778
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

I agree with Grumman, honestly the fact that Williams asked a question about race is suprising considering that most Black GOP supporters stick their head between their legs when it comes to blatant racism and racist pandering in the Neo-Con party, usually claiming the Democrats are the real racists and at the same time telling blacks to "Blame themselves" like Hermain Cain did.

Not surprising, imo, if you understand that he is a self-professed "Democrat". In fact, even he was aware and came on the O'Reilly factor, acknowledging that his questions, some of which I thought were warranted but poorly executed, were received with "booos" from the Republican precinct crowd behind him.

quote:

Also Newt was disrespectful to Williams, Fox New, not known for their nice stance with A.Americans even called him out on this. Im not a fan of Williams but I think how Newt treated him was unprofessional and disgusting.

Well of course Newt treated him disrespectfully, because Juan gave him that opening by not effectively framing his question as he should have, which would have had Newt verbally fumbling about to come up with a logical reason for his racist remarks on the record. Newt is notorious for attacking the moderators in any case; Juan just so happens to be the most recent victim of this.

Notice that nobody even called Newt out on his hypocrisy on the stage, when he once again, said that all the candidates with him on stage were qualified to beat Obama, yet on a CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer, he vehemently rejected any notion that he would support Ron Paul, should the latter get the Republican nomination. He went onto rationalize that the guy won't win; yet here he was again, claiming that all candidates with him, yes--including Ron Paul, were qualified to beat Obama, should anyone of them get the nomination. Not even Wolf called him out on these inconsistencies.

EllisBrett
Member # 20049
 - posted
Well I guess this is an serious issue, government need to think on this situation, as soon as it becomes big.

Natural skin care products

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com