EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Who is your favoriet movie director and why? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
Who is your favoriet movie director and why?

QueenBee
Member # 9378
 - posted
Akira Kurosawa, beautiful and grand epics.

LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
The name that springs first to mind is Tim Burton.
He has a way of expressing things that touches me in many ways. He's been involved with so many movies that I consider favorites, either as a director or producer. The Nightmare Before Christmas, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, James and The Giant Peach, and Mars Attacks just to name a few.
I fall in love with his characters, who are often outcasts or find themselves outside of the mainstream.

If I was to pick another, the next that springs to mind is Hayao Miyazaki. He has given us Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Tortoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in The Sky, and other films as well. There always seem to be at least one character who has a beautiful innocence about them and I find it very touching. Spirited Away remains one of my favorite films and I've seen it more times than I can count.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
Always been a fan of Quetin Tarintino and the Coen brothers. I like both of the directors for their over-the-top directing and dialogue.

Tim Burton is nice also. He has a nice dark edge about him. Another faoviret of mine is Terry Gilliam of Brazil and 12 monkeys fame.

sonomod
Member # 3864
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Always been a fan of Quetin Tarintino and the Coen brothers. I like both of the directors for their over-the-top directing and dialogue.

Tim Burton is nice also. He has a nice dark edge about him. Another faoviret of mine is Terry Gilliam of Brazil and 12 monkeys fame.

But whats your favorite Egyptian film?

Melati
Member # 9610
 - posted
Hayao Miyazaki.Love him too. Just sublime, love all that anime stuff.
I also really like Jim Jarmush-wasnt he the guy who did Night on Earth? That really changed my idea of cinema! yes I led a sheltered life LOL
Who directed that french film la haine?( the hate- not the donkey -in case I spelt it wrong)
Egyptian films-Ive seen some old ones, but there was one that was apparantly a comedy and had the same guy playing all the characters, but I must be so dour and humourless I didnt get any of it. Maybe the subtitles were wrong.Have no idea whats the name.
Im a big hong kong movie fan-anyone know the young and angerous series ? With the uber dish Jordan Chan whoooooo.I just like their humour!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com