EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » 'Victoria, you're an inspiration to me': Posh reduced to tears » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
vwwvv
Member # 18359
 - posted
'Victoria, you're an inspiration to me': Posh reduced to tears as she watches David Beckham accept the Lifetime Achievement AwardBy Sarah Bull
Last updated at 3:57 PM on 20th December 2010

Victoria Beckham was reduced to tears last night as her husband David was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at BBC's Sports Personality of the Year.

The former Spice Girl struggled to contain herself as she sat with the couple's three sons Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, eight and four-year-old Cruz and Beckham's mother Sandra.

A clearly emotional Beckham also found it difficult not to cry as he thanked Victoria and their sons for their support over the years.

He said: 'Of course, I want to thank my wife and my children. Not only has she given me three amazing boys but the support she's given me and she is truly and inspiration for me every single day. So Victoria, Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz - thank you.'

Watch Beckham's acceptance speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUr7Pz1amQA&feature=player_embedded

-
Emotional: David Beckham struggled to contain his emotions as he collected the Lifetime Achievement Award at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year ceremony in Birmingham

-
Teary: David's wife Victoria was reduced to tears when David took to the stage to collect his prize

In the audience, a teary Victoria wiped her eyes as she watched her husband accept the prize along with her sons.

While Lineker gave Beckham, 35, a couple of seconds to recover, Sir Bobby said: 'I would just like to say congratulations to David. He is a very very pleasant person and a good man and he deserves everything that has been said of him tonight.

'He's also never afraid to say his opinions on everything so I think I should pass it across to him now.'

Beckham then continued: 'I'm obviously really humbled because to receive an award for something I love doing and have always loved doing is amazing. To receive it from Sir Bobby Charlton, I am truly honoured.

-
Humbled: David's eyes glistened as he was welcomed to the stage by an embarrassingly long standing ovation

-
Family support: Victoria sat with her and David's three sons Romeo, Cruz and Brooklyn, as well as David's mother Sandra, father Ted and sister Joanne Beckham

-  -
Inspiration: David called Victoria his 'inspiration every day' as he thanked people for the award

'Football is a team game and without the teams and the players' support I have had over the years, I wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't be here without the skill and support of those players.

'I've been lucky enough to play with some of the great teams over the years. Playing for England has been one of the highlights and biggest things of my career.

'I've been able to play under some of the best coaches in my career and obviously for me the best manager in football who I regard as a father figure still after so many years of knowing him - Sir Alex Ferguson.
'
I'm sorry that I'm going on, but I really have to thank my parents, who have sacrificed so much over the years.

-
Family night out: David, Victoria and their three sons (left to right) Brooklyn, Cruz and Romeo pose outside the ceremony

-

'My sisters, my grandparents, my family, my friends, other people who work with me and for me, and

And lastly, if I've forgotten anyone I apologise.
'This year I went to Afghanistan and I saw the bravery of our troops out there. And what they do day in and day out, they risk their lives to save other people.

'I dedicate my award to the men and the women who are serving our country in Afghanistan. Be safe and have a great Christmas.'

Previous winners of the Lifetime Achievement award include his former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, George Best and Seve Ballesteros.
Leytonstone-born Beckham made his England debut in September 1996 against Moldova and has gone on to win 115 caps - captaining England 59 times.

blesson
Member # 20383
 - posted
oh it's very nice . awesome i want to see this show . tell where can i watch this show please give me the link...........

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com