EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Will Packer Sets African ‘Warrior Queen’ Amanirenas Tale At Universal » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
BlessedbyHorus
Member # 22000
 - posted
This was already posted on another forum a long time ago and I decided to post it here. But I been waiting for a movie like this to happen for A LOOOOONG TIME. The Queens of Cadance are my most favorite queens in not just African history but history overall! This movie HAS to be good and HAS to be done right.

I hope it doesn't end up like Will Smith's film pitch about Taharqa that never went anywhere.

quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has acquired Warrior Queen, a pitch from Mark Rosenthal that is based on the true story of the young African Queen Amanirenas. Will Packer will produce through his Uni-based Will Packer Productions banner with his head of motion pictures James Lopez also producing. This reunites Packer with Rosenthal after they worked together on the Emmy-nominated Roots remake for The History Channel.

Queen Amanirenas ruled over the Kush Kingdom of Nubia, one of the richest Kingdom’s in Ancient Africa. She successfully led her army of Nubians into battle against the mighty invading Roman Empire forcing them to withdraw and negotiate peace. Uni production veep Sara Scott will oversee the project. Rosenthal’s script work includes the Tim Burton-directed Planet of the Apes, Mighty Joe Young, Mona Lisa Smile and Jewel of the Nile. He’s repped by UTA and Packer is represented by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/warrior-queen-amanirenas-african-queen-will-packer-universal-pictures-movie-1202068211/

I kinda trust Will Parker. But IF good this will be a movie that Black women LOVE.

Tyrannohotep
Member # 3735
 - posted
I agree, it looks like it has a lot of potential. Let's hope they don't mess it up.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566
 - posted
I was waiting for something like this, her story is movie material. So much so that when I read about it for the first time I wondered if it was an early script. But idk if I trust packer n Rosenthal, I hope they don't see this as a quick cash grab.

BlessedbyHorus
Member # 22000
 - posted
Anyone else?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371
 - posted
Fingers xed and long over due, lets hope it's a standard setting hit that will inspire more stories on classic African civilization flicks to made, matter of fact I have been saying they need to make a flick abut her for yrs.

Firewall
Member # 20331
 - posted
I just learn about this recently.
Is there any updates?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com