EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » New Shonda Rhymes show portray Black European nobility? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Barachit
Member # 21812
 - posted
We'll see if this will be the case,judging from the trailer it seems good. I guess the proponents of the "Black European nobility school of thought in this board we'll watch the show closely.

-

quote:
ABC has given a series order for the post-“Romeo & Juliet” TV pilot from Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland shingle, which stars British actress Lashana Lynch.

Written by Heather Mitchell, and based on the book by Melinda Taub, the “Romeo & Juliet” sequel is titled “Still Star-Crossed” and is set in 16th century Verona, picking up where Shakespeare’s original work ended. It chronicles the treachery, palace intrigue and ill-fated romances of the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the young lovers’ tragic fate.

The story centers on Rosaline (Lynch), described as a beautiful, intelligent and headstrong Capulet and Juliet’s cousin. Following the death of her parents, Rosaline is taken in by her aunt and uncle, Juliet’s parents Lady and Lord Capulet, and forced to work as a servant. She does her best to tolerate her aunt’s cruelty, and focuses on finding a way to free herself of the humiliation. She is eventually ordered to marry Benvolio (male lead Wade Briggs), a Montague.

more at:
http://shadowandact.com/2016/05/17/does-shondaland-have-a-sweeping-epic-hit-on-its-hands-in-still-star-crossed-watch-the-first-trailer-and-find-out/

The first trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o3Li_K3v2M

Barachit
Member # 21812
 - posted
 -

-

quote:
Sophie Okonedo was the ‘best actress’ to play white Shakespeare role in The Hollow Crown

The 47-year-old star of Nigerian descent is playing the part of the feisty monarch, who is based on the real-life Queen of England Margaret, and has been portrayed by white actresses in the past. Most recently, the character was played by Belgian actress Veerle Baetens in The White Queen in 2013.

Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, director Dominic Cooke explained the decision to cast Sophie in what is considered to be a traditionally white role, saying: “Well, in the theatre we’ve been doing this for donkeys years.”

He said that he wanted to go with the actor who was “right for the part” rather than any other factor.

Dominic went on to say: “I think Sophie is the best person in this country to play that part, I really do. Her visceral power and range is so extraordinary - that’s what I was really looking for. “It might be surprising for TV audiences to adjust to the idea that what they are watching is a myth, right. So it’s the best actor and I know from the theatre that that works and I’ve done it many, many times.

“I don’t think that you can do a piece of work that is about who we are as a society and just have white people doing it.”

On how audiences might react to Sophie’s Queen Margaret, he said: “I hope that she is so brilliant in the part that that will be the thing people talk about in the end.”

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/667894/Sophie-Okonedo-Undercover-The-Hollow-Crown-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Dominic-Cooke

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com