EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Rumor: Mali Empire Movie Directed by Ryan Coogler!? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elmaestro
Member # 22566
 - posted
This might be a thing, A movie about Mansa Musa and the Mali empire [Eek!]

-

There've been mumblings about this from september all through out the production of the Marvels Black Panther Movie, Directed by no one other than Ryan Coogler and starring Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther but also more relevantly Micheal B. Jordan. The two might've been hinting at collaborating a 4th time for a movie about Mansa Musa and the Mali Empire.

It all starts with the YoungEmpire outlet.

quote:

DIRECTOR RYAN Coogler and actor Michael B. Jordan have worked together since 2013.

Their first project was Fruitvale Station where Michael portrayed Oscar Grant, a San Fransisco Bay-area young man gunned down on the BART transit system.

The film made the two stars on the independent film circuit and inadvertently earned them more high-profile jobs.

Michael went on to star in the most recent Fantastic Four film and ended last year ended on a high when the two reunited for Creed, the new installment of the Rockyfranchise that focuses on Apollo Creed’s son Adonis.

With just two films under his belt, Ryan seems invincible. Jordan’s best performances came while working with Ryan, and the two realize that they need each other to survive in Hollywood.

“You got to tell stories in today, or in the future,” says Jordan. “Or can we go back even further? There’s always one period that people want to go back to, but can we go back to Hannibal? Or Mansa Musa, destroying economies as he traveled? Can we go back to the Egyptians?”

Mansa Musa I of Mali – the obscure 14th century African king was the richest person in all history.

With an inflation adjusted fortune of $400 billion, Mansa Musa I would have been considerably richer than the world’s current richest man, Carlos Slim, who ranks in 22nd place with a relatively paltry $68 billion.

Mansa Musa I ruled West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s, making his fortune by exploiting his country’s salt and gold production. Many mosques he built as a young man still stand today.

-
[right: R.Coogler, Left: M.Jordan]

Would you like to see this?

Would you hate to see this?

Do you beleive it will happen?

I'll tell you what, I'm more comfortable with R.Coogler making a movie about Mansa-Musa, than Will Packer making an Aminerenas Flick. I want to see both though.

BlessedbyHorus
Member # 22000
 - posted
Was about to make this thread a while ago but you beat me to it. [Smile]

BlessedbyHorus
Member # 22000
 - posted
But anyways I trust the homie Ryan Coogler. But I do not wanna see Michael playing Musa.

Ish Gebor
Member # 18264
 - posted
This is great news. And finally something inspiring.

What is the budget going to be?

Elmaestro
Member # 22566
 - posted
I don't think we'll find out much more about this possibility until after Black Panther drops TBH. And if that movie is a success we might see a healthy budget.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com