Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Egypt Restaurant reviews » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
I have a place in Alex I adore!

The Jungle

located behind Downtown (across from Carrefour) on Acacia Street.

This restarant is very spacious. Tables are spaced to give you a feeling of privacy. The indoors is open air during the summer, and plastic covers the roof in the winter.

There are many waterfalls throughout the dining area with one large pond in the center with a fountain and flamingos. Lush greenery and plants are everywhere.

Quiet music is played, though there is a large screen tv, sound turned off.

Food is nice, not 5 star, but nice [Smile] Menu has different selections of beef, chicken, seafood entrees, and nice selection of appetizers.

Prices are moderate with most entrees in the 25 - 35 LE range.

Service is MIA MIA! )

There is also a play area with equipment located in the back for children, during daytime hours.

It's really such a nice place. You can go there and just order coffees, shisha (if you like it) and relax for hours, without being bothered.

If you are going to Alex or live here and haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

V For Vendetta
Member # 12634
 - posted
Alexanria:

Sabreen Fish Market:

Excellent see food and I mean the absolute best. Fresh right out of the water. The bugged me to eat their Estakouza! I don't know what it's called in English but it very popular with Arab visitors.

It is also almost across from a dive center where you can dive the Greek and ancient Egyptian wrecks
http://www.alexandra-dive.com/main_site/diving_alx.asp

Hosney:

An experience of itself. Form the moment you sit down you are served variety of salads and dips that would blow your mind. Their Sheesh Kebab and Koftah are so tender and juicy I day dream about them. You also need to be aware that as soon as you finish one salad dish or dip, the immediately bring you another one of the same! I was sitting there thinking what the heck was wrong with those people, how was I going to ever finish.

Elsheikh Wafeeq:

Great place of deserts. You will find all the traditional Egyptian desert like Kouskousy, Bileelah, Oum Ali and so on. Each with a variety of toppings.

Cairo:

Well I've tried quite a few places and was not impresse by any of them. For example Abou Shaqra in Maadi. Their service was OK but the food just was not in any way satisfactory. The meat was dry and the dippings...well, was just not tasty enough for me.
The only place I liked in Cairo was Eldawar Feteer. I went to the one in Mohandessen and I was very impressed with the variety they had. I tried the Bastermah with Roumy cheese one and it was excellent. I've also had the Chocolate with Eshtah and I liked so much I went back the following night for another ( or was it Honey and Eshtah and The chocolate by itself? I don't remember).

V For Vendetta
Member # 12634
 - posted
I forgot. There used to be a place in Eldouqi that had an amazing Shawermah and Koftah sandwiches. They didn't have a sit in but served people in Cars and had those trays that hung on the window. The city shut them down over a personal dispute with the owner and a "high ranking official"......what a loss.

Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
Hi V

Estakouza is lobster, and comes from the Red Sea and I agree about the Fish Market, EXCELLENT! and nice view too!

Housney is nice, have eaten there a couple of times, but we prefer Abdul Wahab. Same type of food, mixed grills and huge selection of salads and fresh bread included with the meal.

If you like Fateer and Koushary head to Bondoq. Wonderful!

Abou Mazen,Tarboush, Fattoush and Shami all have great shawermah!

Now I am getting hungry! lol

Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653
 - posted
El Mina fishhouse in Hurghada - very very very good.
El Mashry oriental restaurant in Hurghada - real egyptian food at very low prices. The surroundings is not perfect or romantic but a nice place with very nice and polite staff.

The orientel grill in El Gouna - perfect romantic place by 1 of the canals. Hubby preposed there [Smile] Extremely good egyptian food and the prices is a bit high but so is the standard.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com