Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Egg Bake War » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Reality_Meanie
Member # 14540
 - posted
There's a small war in my family.

Since I married my ex-husband family members have done everything they can to bring dishes so family gatherings that contain pork products.

When I am not at the family gathering there is no pork products served. Before my marriage the family rarely had any form of pork due to factory farming practices. My aunt who pushes pork products is married to an organic farmer and is willing to chance factory farmed pork just to piss me off.

So f*ck'em I stopped going to family events and this Pork War is one of many reasons.

Mother denies that this problem exists, because anything that bothers me or insults me isn't an issue. Which is exactly why I don't do FOTs (Family Obligated Trips) with any regularity. I am done with it.

Spinach, Turkey Bacon and Brie Mini Frittatas
Gluten-free

Great protein dish for your brunch menu or an easy, yet special, breakfast idea.

Makes 12
6 slices nitrate-/nitrite-free Turkey bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
4 large whole eggs
5 large egg whites
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped (rind removed) Brie
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until browned and crisp. Set aside on paper towels. Drain drippings from pan. Add onions and garlic to same pan. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, until soft. Add spinach. Cook 2 minutes, until wilted. Add a little water if the pan is too dry. Crumble Turkey bacon and mix in with spinach. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and whites with milk, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach mixture and cheese. Divide egg mixture evenly between muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.

Nutrition Info
Per serving (1 Frittata/82g-wt.): 100 calories (60 from fat), 6g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 7g protein, 4g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 85mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium

I've been eating a few of these Frittatas everyday for a week in order to up my protein intact, besides the fact that they are just delicious.

Going to use this recipee for a in-civilization Family Obligated Get Together (within city confines, my city). They will love it. My aunt's egg bake is gross to begin with, but its meant to be an insult to Islam so everyone chugs it down. Much of it ends up getting flushed down the toilet in secret. [Mad]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com