EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » All British airports to close by 12 » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266038/Iceland-volcano-erupts-second-time-month-forcing-new-evacuation-tourists.html

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
You know I was just watching this on the news... it is an amazing story.

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
I know I wondered what on earth was going on when I switched on the news this morning [Confused] First thought it was a bomb scare or attack. Then saw the words volcanic ash and kind of wondered what that had to do with the airports in UK [Confused] Not something I've heard of before that's for sure.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
When I left this morning only Scotland was shut off...

The ash messes with the flight equipment and landing gear so it is a highly dangerous situation.

I loved Mother Nature, volcanoes are her way of saying she is in control of the planet not us [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
You're right about Mother Nature being in charge!

Loved the quote by someone today.
"Iceland we asked for cash" [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I was talking to an Egyptian guy last night who asked me if I had heard about the volcano in Ireland... bless him lol.

ukthoughtful
Member # 17000
 - posted
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8623806.stm

Flights across the UK have been grounded for a second day as volcanic ash from Iceland drifts across Europe, posing a potential threat to aircraft.

Air traffic control body Nats extended its restrictions on UK airspace until at least 0700 BST on Saturday.

Restrictions will be lifted in parts of Scottish airspace and Northern Ireland from 1900 BST on Friday.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
I live in Southern Germany and our local airport was also shut for several hours.

Our Chancellor was not able to return from her US trip and arrive back in Berlin - instead she had to make a stop in Portugal.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ukthoughtful:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8623806.stm

Flights across the UK have been grounded for a second day as volcanic ash from Iceland drifts across Europe, posing a potential threat to aircraft.

Air traffic control body Nats extended its restrictions on UK airspace until at least 0700 BST on Saturday.

Restrictions will be lifted in parts of Scottish airspace and Northern Ireland from 1900 BST on Friday.

There is an ES member stuck in transit...

The news just reported that although the volcano is still erupting it isn't as powerful... BUT. History tells us that when this one blows the one next too it blows too so they are monitoring that one as well.

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
The ban in the UK has been lifted [Smile]

Dzosser
Member # 9572
 - posted
Where on earth did the word Eyjafjallajökull ever come from ?? [Confused] no wonder it blew up.

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Try getting that in a spelling bee [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com