EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » National Geographic and "Black Pharaohs" » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
The current National Geographic has a cover and article on what it calls "The Black Pharaohs". It explains the culture of the Kushite culture[which it calls Nubian] as the earliest expression of "Egyptomania".

It also raises the usual question of whether Tiye was Nubian or not. It also pictures her in that well-known wooden bust. But it also says in the caption--LOL-that the bust has darkened because wood darkens with age.

Again, the usual effort to state implicitly that AE culture and civilization was not "black".

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ Tell us something new. [Roll Eyes]

By the way, the whole Tiye bit is ridiculously squirmy.

First they say she is dark because she may have Nubian ancestry and then they turn around and say the wood must have darkened over time. Well how light do they think the wood originally was? LOL

I tell you Nat Geo is a joke and cannot be taken as a serious source, especially when their genographic project lies about the origins of certain important genetic lineages (E3b being of African origin).

You just can't trust anyone these days.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com