EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Disparate Treatment: The Afrocentrist and the Zionist » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Evergreen
Member # 12192
 - posted
What is an Afrocentrist and what is a Zionist and why are these two paradigms treated so differently in popular culture? Is one frame of reference more valid than the other?

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
The Zionist view is mainly embraced because of the west's connection to Judeo-Christian ideals. Whereas, Afrocentrism is seen as a threat to many ideas that Westeners have formed about African people that have little basis in historical fact. Zionism also has the backing and support from a power political lobby within Israel and western countries.

Ausarian.
Member # 14778
 - posted
Don't know about its embrace amongst ordinary folks, but I have a pretty good idea as to why Zionists are embraced in "Western" political spheres, particularly in the US; the Zionist state is propped up as a garrison state, that is a police surrogate state for US imperialism in the so-called "Middle East".

Doug M
Member # 7650
 - posted
Zionism is an example of the Judeo Christian ideology that is the basis of European colonial and nationalist identity. It defines whites as the "chosen" ones, their colonies as "god's promised land" and their activities as "destined by God". That pattern of religious belief was seen throughout the age of European colonial expansion. This ideology is also used to support the myth of a common white origin for all things good and decent in world history, like civilization, culture and religion. The reality is of course quite different, but that has ALWAYS been the role of religion, even at its roots in Africa, which IS one of the homelands of such concepts.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com