EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » WAS ABRAHAM LINCOLN BLACK? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
http://www.achievementdigest.com/Lincoln%20photo%20used%20in%20flyer.jpg

-

SOURCE: http://www.geocities.com/cureworks1/5blkpres.htm

Abraham Lincoln was our 16th president from 1861 to 1865. J. A. Rogers quotes Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks, as saying that Abraham Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African man. William Herndon, Lincoln's law partner, said that Lincoln had very dark skin and coarse hair and that his mother was from an Ethiopian tribe. In Herndon's book entitled "The Hidden Lincoln" he says that Thomas Lincoln could not have been Abraham Lincoln's father because he was sterile from childhood mumps and was later castrated. Lincoln's presidential opponents made cartoon drawings depicting him as a Negro and nicknamed him “Abraham Africanus the First."

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
http://www.amazon.com/Herndons-Lincoln-History-Personal-Recollections/dp/1582181365

Herndon's Lincoln: The True Story of a Great Life (History & Personal Recollections of Abraham Lincoln) (Hardcover)
by William Henry Herndon (Author)

Customer Reviews
Herndon's Lincoln: The True Story of a Great Life (History & Personal Recollections of Abraham Lincoln)

Only search this product's reviews

Most Helpful First | Newest First

6 of 8 people found the following review helpful:
The True Story, June 18, 2005
By Christian Schlect (Yakima, Washington/USA) - See all my reviews

I had long wanted to own a hardcover edition of Herndon's famous book on Abraham Lincoln and the purchase of this one by Digital Scanning, Inc. fulfilled my desire perfectly.

Everyone with a serious interest in Mr. Lincoln's life should read this book. Originally published in 1888, it is one of the main starting points for all subsequent works devoted to understanding this complex man. It remains a great book for reading after all of these years.

11 of 11 people found the following review helpful:
REVIEW OF WILLIAM H. HERNDON'S LINCOLN BY JOHN CHUCKMAN, February 24, 2005
By John W. Chuckman (Citylights, Ontario) - See all my reviews

With a certain group of American historians, largely those concerned with preserving images of America's founders and luminaries as saintly figures in white plaster togas, this book remains controversial.

In fact, it is perhaps the greatest biography of an American historical figure ever written. It is recommended highly to all lovers of good biography. It is indispensible to serious students of American history.

The official defenders of America's Civic Religion dislike this book because it captures some raw and awkward aspects of Lincoln, but Lincoln was rather raw and awkward and self-taught. It is the rise of such a man to such heights, plus his great natural eloquence, that make Lincoln remarkable.

Such historians love to cite this or that relatively insignificant error (in a 500-page book replete with details) to discredit Herndon, but Herndon's own detail and sense of honesty make him the best argument against such foolishness.

No one was better qualified than Herndon to record the life of Lincoln, having been his friend and business partner for many years. Herndon also conscientiously compiled a large archive of letters and memorials after Lincoln's death.

Herndon focuses on the personal Lincoln, and it is especially his observations about Lincoln's religious skepticism and family life that so disturb those who would have Lincoln embalmed like Lenin. Herndon gives us a vivid Lincoln, and if you like good biography, you will be impressed. The book was clearly a labor of love, and that fact still comes through more than a century after it was written.

16 of 16 people found the following review helpful:
One and Only, October 7, 2002
By Atar Hadari (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Herndon's Lincoln: The True Story of a Great Life (Paperback)
There are, it is said, more books about Lincoln than there are about anybody but Jesus. Every man setting out to write about Lincoln has an idea of him, a shadow to look for Lincoln in and the huge weight of tradition and history on his back while writing. Even Nicolay and Hay, his secretaries, and authors of the voluminous collected papers which are probably the best source on the Presidency, only knew the man in office, once he had enfolded himself, if you will, inside his great ambition. Herndon knew the man. He shared his office with him, a law practise which consisted of Lincoln throwing the case notes and money into his hat before putting it on to his head, and splitting all the money down the middle. Herndon also went around talking to everyone who knew Lincoln while he was alive before they died.
There are flaws to this book. Herndon drank, so Lincoln didn't take him to Washington with him. This book tells you nothing about the war, about Lincoln's policies, or even a great deal about Lincoln's debates with Douglas, say. But. And it is a great but. This is the only book that gives you a smell of the goofy, tall, funny, awkward, galumphing and generally likeable oddball that emerged as the greatest leader this country ever had. This is the only book I would advise an actor to read if he was going to undertake to play Abe Lincoln. All the other books describe a monument. This one describes a man who went on dates, told dirty jokes and had a funny way of laying his legs across the desk and reading upside down. The rest is second hand.

12 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
Interesting Perspective of Lincoln, October 24, 2002
By A Customer

You know its funny to be writing a review about a book that was written so long ago, but I think this review may help encourage others who haven't already been acquainted with this wonderful book to take a look at it. It offers a very human view of Lincoln before he became the president of the United States. I agree with the fact that it doesn't reveal a lot about the civil war, but you know what, that was the authors intention. William Herndon, Lincoln's Law partner for about 20 years, knew that other people were going to focus on the war years far better than he could (Like John Hay and John Nicolay who worked for Lincoln in the White House) therefore, his focus is to reveal Lincoln as he was as a young man, but mostly during his years living in springfield, illinois. Its really quite entertaining, and at times comical to read how quirky he was back in those days. Sure, Herndon has been criticized about his biography over the past 100 plus years its been out in circulation, particularly his whole take on the Ann Rutledge affair and attitude on Mary Todd Lincoln. Regardless of that, I think he honestly attempts to provide an accurate portrayal of Lincoln without holding back any details. He wants to reveal Lincoln the way he viewed the man through his own eyes--as an ordinary man who had faults like anybody else--who went through tough, turbulent, and dark times--had a sense of humor--had insecurities--but in the end remained an honest to goodness human being who struggled to make his mark in this world. Trust me folks, this is a fascinating read. You will have a difficult time trying to stop reading.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
 -

-

-

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
 -

-

Abraham Lincoln (2005)
(ceramic mask)
Abraham Lincoln had a unique face that begs to be sculpted. This commissioned mask was my second study of President Lincoln
Source: Ceramic Sculptured Masks
Po Box 361
Fox Island, WA 98333
253-549-3174

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
How interesting is this theory .... I didn't know that before.

" Abraham Lincoln was our 16th president from 1861 to 1865. J. A. Rogers quotes Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks, as saying that Abraham Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African man ."

Dunno if this story is correct like that; I doubt it.

Wikipedia states that Abraham's mother Nancy's "father either died shortly after her birth, or she was born out of wedlock."

Further is written:

"On June 12, 1806, she married Thomas Lincoln. A record of their marriage license is located at the Washington County, Kentucky courthouse.

They had three children:
Sarah Lincoln, born February 10, 1807
Abraham Lincoln, born February 12, 1809
Thomas Lincoln, died in infancy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Hanks

Between their day of marriage and birth of their first child Sarah are exactly 8 months and it's highly likely that the first child was born premature.

I fully doubt that she had an extramarital affair with a black man - especially right around the time she got married.

Can the marriage license perhaps have been forged? This would certainly be another option.

Please check out the following link:

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S PARENTS

http://home.att.net/~rjnorton/Lincoln81.html

Was there every a drawing recorded of their first child Sarah? Unfortunately she died at the young age of 21 when giving birth to a child.

This would be a valuable resource of info if she and her younger brother Abraham looked alike or not.

I think the clue though lies with the unknown father of Abraham Lincoln's mom IF indeed he had African heritage.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
 -

[Tigerlily: I used to have a lot, growing them from bulbils which form where the leaves meet the stem.]

Dear,

A most gracious response! If she had an affair with a Black man, it must have been a light skinned one. Then with all this 'melting pot' thing going on, in one child the Black phenotype genes of both parents could converge making this particular child darker looking then both its parents or siblings. It's hard to go by portraits, even photographs, which were already retouched to make people white looking. Even adding lightness to the irises to give them piercing blue eyes, to hide a dark ethnicity. This is what I have been explaining in my other threads. About 'Black Dutch’ immigrants to the USA who were already coloured, from a long line of coloureds.

Bless you,

Egmond

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
How interesting is this theory .... I didn't know that before.

" Abraham Lincoln was our 16th president from 1861 to 1865. J. A. Rogers quotes Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks, as saying that Abraham Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African man ."

Dunno if this story is correct like that; I doubt it.

Wikipedia states that Abraham's mother Nancy's "father either died shortly after her birth, or she was born out of wedlock."

Further is written:

"On June 12, 1806, she married Thomas Lincoln. A record of their marriage license is located at the Washington County, Kentucky courthouse.

They had three children:
Sarah Lincoln, born February 10, 1807
Abraham Lincoln, born February 12, 1809
Thomas Lincoln, died in infancy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Hanks

Between their day of marriage and birth of their first child Sarah are exactly 8 months and it's highly likely that the first child was born premature.

I fully doubt that she had an extramarital affair with a black man - especially right around the time she got married.

Can the marriage license perhaps have been forged? This would certainly be another option.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
 -

[Tigerlily: I used to have a lot, growing them from bulbils which form where the leaves meet the stem.]

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hey, that is nice of you. Thanks .... you made my day!! [Smile]

Listen you know that's the first time I hear about Lincoln's possible African roots.

I just stumbled over the following website (you might now it already). Best of luck with your research. Have a good day!!

Abraham Lincoln was of Melungeon ancestry

http://www.melungeons.com/articles/mar2005.htm

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[Abraham Lincoln was of Melungeon ancestry

http://www.melungeons.com/articles/mar2005.htm

Dear, I’m mostly doing European Royalty. But I’m happy to see serious research on Black Dutch, those early Americans who were somehow of colour, a fixed mulatto race, stemming from Europe. I started this thread to amuse a person who thinks I should be researching Thutmoses IV, and not Black European Kings.

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
Oh, for the love of GOD!

Next thing I'll find out that I'm black! xD

Euroskeptic
Member # 15829
 - posted
quote:

Well, apparently I'm "African" too, 'cuz my Hungarian great-grandmother had black hair, dark eyes and was "swarthy" (i.e. 'dark'-skinned).

Hook a brutha up, dawg? [Big Grin]

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Oh, for the love of GOD!

So you have been paying attention, huh! Bless you.

All White's are actually Black's with white skin. All Blackness seeping or bursting out with some of these so-called White's comes from Africa. Some people want to distinguish between 'Good Black' and 'Bad Black.' These are the people who speak about 'South of Sahara Blacks' and 'North of Sahara Blacks,' who they have declared Caucasians: White's.' These Black as Soot East Africans built the pyramids. And racist will not have any Blacks building any fucking pyramids, so the jet-black East Africans are declared White's. When you tell them Somalis and Sudanese about this they always respond with great dismay. The wickedness of all this, accusing them of being White’s.

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771
 - posted
Edmond, you are stupid.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Edmond, you are stupid.

AND **** YOU TOO! THE NAME IS EGMOND. ARE YOU A FUCKING DYSLECTIC?

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
 -

Francois de la Nouë, old Nobility, scholar, Huguenot military leader, 17th century France

-

A Moor (1770)

Those who seriously follow my research might see that it mirrors American based research after Black Dutch, Melungeons etc. I came up with ‘An intermarrying, fixed mulatto race’ for the coloured European old Nobility and Royalty. I use the name Mulatto, because they resembled ‘Mulatto types,’ between very fair and very black of skin, with or without African traits. I also use Mulatto, because they were portrayed with a Moor, a Classical African, and had jewellery with the head of a Classical African. A true Mulatto is a mix between a Black and a White parent, but ‘Mulatto types’ can be any coloured person with both White and Black ancestry. The Moor, I discovered, was a symbol of Blue Blood. European Black’s were named ‘Blue Men’ (500-1500). Hence they spoke of Blue Blood. The first thing they wanted people to know about was their Nobility status, as it meant titles, privileges, riches and power

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com