EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African-Americans Have Highest Cancer Rates of All Racial Ethnicities, » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
the lioness
Member # 17353
 - posted

African-Americans Have Highest Cancer Rates of All Racial Ethnicities, Yet Feel Less at Risk, Study Finds

ScienceDaily (Mar. 17, 2010) — Mammograms, pap smears and early detection tests for prostate cancer, colorectal cancer and other malignancies are critical for catching cancer before it becomes deadly.

However, a new study by University at Buffalo researchers shows that persons of different ethnic groups have different ideas and opinions about whether they are at risk for developing cancer -- perceptions that can influence whether they undergo screening.

The study results reveal that blacks feel less at risk of getting cancer than do whites -- the comparison group in the study -- although they have the highest cancer incidence and mortality of all racial/ethnic groups.

Hispanics and Asians also believed they were at a lower risk than whites, results show, and the differences remained in all groups even when variables such as age and education are considered.

The study appears in the March issue of Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention.

"Our level of perceived cancer risk can affect our health and longevity," says Heather Orom, PhD, assistant professor in the UB Department of Health Behavior, School of Public Health and Health Professions, and first author on the study.

"Believing that we could develop cancer in our lifetime can motivate us to undergo tests, such as colonoscopy or mammogram to detect cancer early. This knowledge also may motivate us to engage in behavior such as exercising and eating more fruits and vegetables that can reduce our chances of getting the disease.

"In order to reach all racial and ethnic groups successfully about the importance of cancer screening," she continues, "we need to know their perceptions of being at risk for cancer, why and how those perceptions differ and which are most important for influencing behavior across groups. This information is crucial to improving public health messaging."

The study is based on the responses of 5,581 adults who completed the 2007 Health Information Trends Survey (HINTS) conducted by the National Cancer Institute to study the perception of a person's overall cancer risk.

Respondents were asked how likely they thought it was that they would develop cancer in the future, (to determine their perceived risk) and answered questions on their family's history of cancer, their history of cigarette smoking, how they rated their current health and their beliefs about the disease.

Results showed that blacks were less likely to report cancer in the family, which was associated with thinking they had a lower risk of developing the disease than did whites. Similar patterns emerged for Hispanics and Asians, results showed.

"Knowing that one has a family history of cancer typically makes people feel that they have a greater chance of getting cancer in their lifetime," says Orom. "A number of studies have shown that non-whites, including blacks, Hispanics and Asians, are less likely to be aware of having a family history of cancer than whites."

Being unaware of cancer in the family is only one of many factors contributing to racial/ethnic differences in perceived cancer risk, notes Orom. "Our data also are consistent with previous research showing that public health messages about cancer are not as widely disseminated in predominantly minority communities, which may contribute to lower perceptions of risk for getting cancer."

Perceived risk also was lower among Hispanics and Asians because fewer members had a history of smoking, results showed. "Some cancers are strongly associated with smoking and others are not," Orom says. "It's possible that if nonsmokers think they are at low risk of developing all cancers, it could keep them from getting cancer screening and embracing habits associated with lowering risk, such as eating more fruits and vegetables and being more physically active."

One factor the study did not address is whether differences in perceived cancer risk contribute to documented lower rates of cancer screening among non-whites compared to whites, Orom says. "We plan to address this question in our future research."

Additional contributors to the study were Marc T. Kiviniemi, PhD, UB assistant professor of health behavior; Willie Underwood III, MD, MPH, assistant professor of urologic oncology and health disparities at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) in Buffalo; Levi Ross, PhD, MPH, assistant professor of oncology in the Office of Cancer Health Disparities Research at RCPI, and Vickie L. Shavers, PhD, of the National Cancer Institute.

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
Lioness - Is this suppose to be payback for us Afrocentrics proving that you, and your kind are Albinos?

Like I always say: Damn, you're stupid!

In America, Blacks are a disadvantaged, poor, undereducated, poor medical cared, (relatively), poor eating, resented minority (supposedly; no truthful numbers available).

Yet, considering their circumstance, they hold up pretty well. So what is your point?

here are the true and total facts, lets see what your rotted Brain can make of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Range of Cancer Incidence

Although cancer occurs in every country in the world, there are wide geographic variations in incidence. The rates presented are from Cancer Incidence in Five Continents (CI5), Volume VI (Parkin, 1992). The rates are age-adjusted to the world standard. Because many countries do not have national incidence rates, or have rates only for specific regions, there are fewer countries represented in the incidence data than in the mortality data. The tables show the wide range of incidence for selected cancer sites for males and females separately. The country/geographic area with the highest rate is shown together with the rate and the specific ethnic or racial group in which it occurred, if noted. Similarly, the lowest rates are given, as well as a ratio of the highest to the lowest.

For males, incidence rates for all sites combined ranged from 493.8 per 100,000 in Tasmania, Australia, to a low of 59.1 in The Gambia. Rates for U.S. males were 351.3 for blacks (SEER) and 330.4 for whites (SEER).

The largest ratios of the highest rates to the lowest rates in worldwide cancer incidence among males were for melanoma of the skin, nasopharynx, and larynx, with ratios of 289, 285, and 204, respectively. For melanoma of the skin, the area reporting the highest rate was the Australian Capital Territory with 28.9 per 100,000; the lowest rate, 0.1, was reported among Kuwaitis in Kuwait and among persons in Khon Kaen, Thailand. For nasopharynx, the highest rate was 28.5 in Hong Kong while the lowest was 0.1 for Quito, Ecuador. For larynx, the highest rate was 20.4 in Basque Country, Spain, and the lowest rate, 0.1, was for men in Qidong, China.

The worldwide range in lung cancer incidence among men ranges from a high of 119.1 in New Zealand Maoris to 1.0 per 100,000 in The Gambia. U.S. black men in New Orleans experienced a lung cancer rate of 115.9, just lower than that for Maoris in New Zealand. Prostate cancer rates were highest for black men in Atlanta, Georgia (102.0) and lowest in Qidong, China (0.8 per 100,000).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the ACTUAL study that you referenced.

Perceived Cancer Risk: Why Is It Lower Among Nonwhites than Whites?

1. Heather Orom1,
2. Marc T. Kiviniemi1,
3. Willie Underwood III1,2,3,
4. Levi Ross1,3 and
5. Vickie L. Shavers4

+ Author Affiliations

Authors' Affiliations:1The School of Public Health and Health Professions, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York; Departments of 2Urologic-Oncology and 3Health Disparities, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York; and 4National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Science, Bethesda, Maryland

1. Corresponding Author:
Heather Orom, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Department of Health Behavior, 304 Kimball Tower, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214. Phone: 716-829-6682; Fax: 716-829-6040. E-mail: horom@buffalo.edu

Abstract

Background: We explored racial/ethnic differences in perceived cancer risk and determinants of these differences in a nationally representative sample of whites, blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

Methods: Multiple regression techniques, including mediational analyses, were used to identify determinants and quantify racial/ethnic differences in the perception of the risk of developing cancer among 5,581 adult respondents to the 2007 Health Information Trends Survey (HINTS).

Results: Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians reported lower perceived cancer risk than whites [Bs = −0.40, −0.34, and −0.69, respectively; (Ps < 0.001)]. Contributing factors included relatively lower likelihood of reporting a family history of cancer, lower likelihood of having smoked, and a less strong belief that everything causes cancer among nonwhites than among whites. Racial/ethnic differences in perceived risk were attenuated in older respondents because perceived cancer risk was negatively associated with age for whites but not for nonwhites.

Conclusions: Nonwhites had lower perceptions of cancer risk than whites. Some of the racial/ethnic variability in perceived risk may be due to racial and ethnic differences in awareness of one's family history of cancer and its relevance for cancer risk, experiences with behavioral risk factors, and salience of cancer risk information.

The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results SEER Program of the National Cancer Institute NCI

Incidence Rates by Race Race/Ethnicity Male Female

All Races 538.9 per 100,000 men 408.0 per 100,000 women
White 541.5 per 100,000 men 419.6 per 100,000 women
Black 624.0 per 100,000 men 399.1 per 100,000 women
Asian/Pacific Islander 346.5 per 100,000 men 288.9 per 100,000 women
American Indian/Alaska Native a 335.8 per 100,000 men 306.3 per 100,000 women
Hispanic b 394.8 per 100,000 men 309.2 per 100,000 women
US Mortality

From 2003-2007, the median age at death for cancer of all sites was 73 years of age4X Close
Table I-13 sect_01_table.13_2pgs.pdf). Approximately 0.4% died under age 20; 0.8% between 20 and 34; 2.6% between 35 and 44; 9.0% between 45 and 54; 17.8% between 55 and 64; 24.9% between 65 and 74; 29.7% between 75 and 84; and 14.9% 85+ years of age.

The age-adjusted death rate was 183.8 per 100,000 men and women per year. These rates are based on patients who died in 2003-2007 in the US.

Death Rates by Race Race/Ethnicity Male Female

All Races 225.4 per 100,000 men 155.4 per 100,000 women
White 222.5 per 100,000 men 155.0 per 100,000 women
Black 296.5 per 100,000 men 180.6 per 100,000 women
Asian/Pacific Islander 134.2 per 100,000 men 94.1 per 100,000 women
American Indian/Alaska Native a 183.7 per 100,000 men 138.0 per 100,000 women
Hispanic b 150.5 per 100,000 men 102.3 per 100,000 women

the lioness
Member # 17353
 - posted
the point is that our people have their head in the sand, your data confirms it
you mentally twisted piece of human waste

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
So much for all that melanin protection Mike RFLOL!!!!!

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
Gigantic - You pathetic Albino turd.

When it was collard greens, ham hocks, corn bread and molasses, even chitterlings, there was no problem.

But even Melanin has a hard time fighting this White mans evil.

-

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
the point is that our people have their head in the sand, your data confirms it
you mentally twisted piece of human waste

"Our People"?

But still - I love it when Albino girls talk dirty!

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

"Our People"?

But still - I love it when Albino girls talk dirty!

But like Sparrow, never eat a White meat yet.

The threads are boring: hope you all don't mind if I have a little fun.

Live performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iocPpL_5Q7Y

Full song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mypahds8y4&feature=related

Sparrow’s family disgusted with death rumours

Thursday, July 22 2010

The family of veteran calypsonian Mighty Sparrow (Slinger Francisco) has expressed shock and disgust after false rumours began circulating about the death of the icon on Tuesday.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
HAHAHAHA! Sparrow is my nigga! Nice find ;-)

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
The real revolution will be televised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qtTuvWQSI&feature=related

Skeptic
Member # 17827
 - posted
Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but there is a really interesting paper done by the eminent intelligence researchers Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware and Ian Deary of the University of Edinburgh entitled:
Intelligence Predicts Health and Longevity, but Why?

Their work is futher upheld by that of Neuroscientists Jeremy Gray and Paul Thompson in their paper:
Neurobiology of Intelligence: Health Implications?
Both papers are definitely worth a read. [Wink]

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:
Gigantic - You pathetic Albino turd.

When it was collard greens, ham hocks, corn bread and molasses, even chitterlings, there was no problem.

But even Melanin has a hard time fighting this White mans evil.

-

Mike If Im not mistaken, white Eat fast food as much as the black man.

Are you saying simple meat can destroy the Super Melenated Ventricule Hyper-Dyper Authentic Human-I guess the Albinos sure have outsmarted the NEgro...so much for the Melanin in our brains..LOL

You should add this info to your blog, Warn your readers of their Cancer Risk. Don't worry just tell them the Albino is disrupting their Melanin Levels. I guess they are getting revenge because Yakub made them albino ....LOOOOOOL

Confirming Truth
Member # 17678
 - posted
^RFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
^The poor, ignorant and disadvantaged LIVE on that crap!

Obese Man Sues Fast-Food Giants

http://www.clickondetroit.com/health/1576809/detail.html

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:

Mike statistically speaking your argument has problems...black people are 12% of the U.S population, Whites are the majority and have the most wealth...I would bet whites consume more McDonalds over blacks. Also our argument is that Ham and Cow are bad in general...this is not even worth a look because I can garentee Whites consume more Red Meat and just as much ham and pork as Blacks...So the question is Why are blacks at risk of Cancer...Our Melanin should protect us right???

Why is it that everything has to do with the white man, or maybe this puts a dent in the Super Duper Omega Melanin Man theory...

Don't worry though Mike just tell your readers..."Da White man be Lying"...Don't Read what Da White man Write"...like you always do(When it goes against you of course the white man does'nt lie when he agree with you...lol)

Tell the cancer riden Black folks...Da White man is Lying and McDonalds is killing their melanin...Make them feel better like your Albino theory does to you..

The Gaul
Member # 16198
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
quote:

Mike statistically speaking your argument has problems...black people are 12% of the U.S population, Whites are the majority and have the most wealth... I would bet whites consume more McDonalds over blacks. Also our argument is that Ham and Cow are bad in general...this is not even worth a look because I can garentee Whites consume more Red Meat and just as much ham and pork as Blacks...So the question is Why are blacks at risk of Cancer...Our Melanin should protect us right???

Why is it that everything has to do with the white man, or maybe this puts a dent in the Super Duper Omega Melanin Man theory...

Don't worry though Mike just tell your readers..."Da White man be Lying"...Don't Read what Da White man Write"...like you always do(When it goes against you of course the white man does'nt lie when he agree with you...lol)

Tell the cancer riden Black folks...Da White man is Lying and McDonalds is killing their melanin...Make them feel better like your Albino theory does to you..

You base all of your assumptions on what you "bet" and you personally can "guarantee". Well, out of my own personal experience, I would say, without a doubt, that the average black american has the worst diet on the planet. From my own experience, I see non-poor white people eat more green salads and healthy foods. Go to any supermarket with an equal mix and observe. I also observe this often during my lunch hour. I've even run across black folk who look cross eyed at zuchini and have never bothered with a mango.

Secondly, these are american black folk I'm speaking of. What is the cancer rate among continental black folk? I'd assume considerably lower than anyone in America. Green salad is a staple, not a bad thing or replaced with worthless iceberg. Vegetables are not avoided.

What I have witnessed does not agree with your gross assumptions. This also does not take into account that nuclear plants are usually placed near black settlements in America.

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by The Gaul:
quote:
quote:

Mike statistically speaking your argument has problems...black people are 12% of the U.S population, Whites are the majority and have the most wealth... I would bet whites consume more McDonalds over blacks. Also our argument is that Ham and Cow are bad in general...this is not even worth a look because I can garentee Whites consume more Red Meat and just as much ham and pork as Blacks...So the question is Why are blacks at risk of Cancer...Our Melanin should protect us right???

You base all of your assumptions on what you "bet" and you personally can "guarantee". Well, out of my own personal experience, I would say, without a doubt, that the average black american has the worst diet on the planet. From my own experience, I see non-poor white people eat more green salads and healthy foods. Go to any supermarket with an equal mix and observe. I also observe this often during my lunch hour. I've even run across black folk who look cross eyed at zuchini and have never bothered with a mango.

Secondly, these are american black folk I'm speaking of. What is the cancer rate among continental black folk? I'd assume considerably lower than anyone in America. Green salad is a staple, not a bad thing or replaced with worthless iceberg. Vegetables are not avoided.

What I have witnessed does not agree with your gross assumptions.

LOL, your assumptions are just as void as mine. Niether of us can say 100%. Your claim that white people only eat Salad is so laughable its not even worth a discussion. Are you seriously claiming whites Don't eat mean such as Pork and Cow(Which are the culprit as mike claims).

Also you say its Poor blacks, if its poor blacks majority can't afford McDonalds everday...even the dollar menu a Burger for a family of lets say four plus fries adds to about 63 dollars a week..thats about 252 a month...Your Hatred and rush to blame Poor Blacks is absurd...Show me where it says Poor blacks are more at risk over you Middle Class blacks.

The Article makes it clear that is a general lack of education on the issiue of Cancer and the fact that Blacks have less medical check ups than whites that is the problem but OF COURSE we need to Blame Whitey for our problems....Pathetic

This is why we are in the state we are in...Blame the White man syndrome..

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
Also as a person who grew up Poor my mother was able to provide well coursed meals with vegtibles and plenty of Salads so I guess your "Poor Blacks" argument is a bunch of bullshit.

Its laughable the state of Middle class blacks...I wonder how Class difference managed to get into this discussion, fucking Bougie Uppity Nigger.

Black men of West African decent high risk of Prostate Cancer...

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34826:black-men-of-west-african-origin-at-highest-risk-of-prostate-cancer&catid=45:health&Itemid=692

I guess its the Poor of Nigeria and the Evil White Ronald McDoandald in Nigeria...

Our people perish for a lack of Knowledge= Even the Most High knows we are a bunch of Dumbasses..

MindoverMatter718
Member # 15400
 - posted
quote:
"What we now recognize is that some of the medical problems seen in darkly pigmented people may be linked at some level to vitamin D deficiency," said Jablonski. "Things like certain types of cancer in darkly pigmented people and in people who use a lot of sunscreen or always stay inside could be partly related to vitamin D deficiency."
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002742;p=1#000000

quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=162068

^^Click link, watch 9 minute 20 second video from geneticist Rick Kittles.

-

Vitamin D deficiency poses added risks for African-Americans
BY TINA AMIRKIAIAND KATE HOWARD
MARCH 16, 2010

Vitamin D deficiencies—especially in African-Americans and people with darker skin tones—could raise the risk for developing conditions that include cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease, according to several new studies. 

As many as 36 percent of Americans are vitamin D deficient, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. That number could be more than double for African-Americans, according to geneticist Rick Kittles, associate professor at the University of Chicago in the Biological Sciences Division.
“Individuals who have moderate to high dark skin color make much less vitamin D,” Kittles said. “There have been some interesting studies recently which suggest that almost 75 percent of African Americans are vitamin D insufficient, which has a lot of implications as it relates to health of African-Americans.”

Vitamin D deficiency is called a “hidden epidemic” for darker-skinned people who have more melanin in the skin. High levels of melanin reduce the body’s ability to make vitamin D from sunlight exposure. In African-Americans it is called eumelanin.

“The brown-black pigment which is in our skin and gives us eye color and hair color is a protector of our skin cells from too much ultraviolet radiation. So it protects the skin from damage, DNA damage for the most part. The wavelength that melanin absorbs is the same wavelength that is needed to produce vitamin D,” Kittles said. “Those individuals with darker skin block that wavelength and so there’s less synthesis of vitamin D occurring.”

With a grant from the National Cancer Institute, Kittles is currently studying serum vitamin D and its effect on prostate cancer risk with respect to genes, UV exposure, skin color and diet.

Vitamin D is primarily produced by exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. In the second layer of the skin, previtamin D is activated and transformed into vitamin D when exposed to UV rays. It is estimated that 15 minutes of daily sun could provide adequate vitamin D, although research is still being conducted.

Vitamin D appears to interact with virtually every tissue in the body. People living in areas such as Chicago, with limited sun exposure several months of the year, often are not manufacturing enough of the vitamin to sustain healthy living.

Kittles, as a dark-skinned African-American, said he takes 3,000 international units daily. He recommends people who live gloomy climates take upwards of 1,000 international units.

As of yet, there are no official recommended doses of vitamin D. But many scientists are trying to determine just how much people should get daily, either by taking supplements, eating more vitamin D-rich foods or from sun exposure. Studies published in the December 2008 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition recommended 600 international units of daily vitamin D intake. This is higher than the 400 international units generally found in multivitamins.

Kittles is in favor of supplements. He said taking the vitamin in pill form is as good as sun exposure.

“The supplement is actually vitamin D3 and that’s the form that is converted to the active form in the body. From the time we take it, it’s absorbed and it’s converted,” Kittles said. “It’s pretty much similar to the equivalent of the vitamin D that you would make from sunlight exposure.”

Dr. Rohit Arora, a cardiologist and professor at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, addressed the issue of vitamin D insufficiency and the correlation with cardiac problems in a 2009 article featured in the American Journal of Therapeutics. After compiling a series of studies and controlled trials, Arora said location can make a big difference.

“In some cases, people must rely on diet and supplements to get the necessary amount of vitamin D as exposure to sunlight just may not be adequate, particularly in the Northern part of North America for example,” he said.

“There’s been a lot of investigative work done on this area,” he said. “Basically, it boils down to the transference of calcium from the bones into the vascular system, which can be detrimental. Build up of that calcium increases the risk of rupture, heart attack and death.”

Arora points out that more research is necessary “to come to a clear conclusion addressing serum vitamin D levels with overall and cardiovascular mortality.”

Deficiencies could also be linked to genetics.

“Risk of deficiencies is pertinent to multiple factors such as genes —particularly in certain racial or ethnic mixes—the oral intake of vitamin D, and the exposure to sunlight,” he said.

Some experts believe that adults should take between 800 and 1,000 international units a day to adequately prevent bone loss and protect against chronic disorders.

Suggestions of increased sun exposure have sparked an intense debate about skin cancer risks.

“You want people to have higher levels of vitamin D so you say the natural way of doing it is just going outside and exposing yourself. However individuals with fair skin color are more prone to skin cancer because of the increased exposures,” Kittles said.

In addition to supplements, the Mayo Clinic suggests fatty fish, egg yolks and other fortified foods as good dietary sources of vitamin D.

Experts, including Arora and Kittles, recommend patients consult with their doctors to see if they are deficient and learn what they can do about it.

“We can do a laboratory test and can look at the various breakdowns of vitamin D, which can tell us if the patient is deficient,” Arora said.

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
Come on now Mind, Thats White mans research you are providing...that black man is being used by the white man. Our Melanin makes us invincible except to McDonalds and if we are poor...We will eat Salads and Brag about Melanin all day.

Mind HOW DARE YOU provide evidence made by a white man...you know they be lyin...its the white mans fault..

The Gaul
Member # 16198
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Gaul:
quote:
quote:

What I have witnessed does not agree with your gross assumptions.

LOL, your assumptions are just as void as mine. Niether of us can say 100%. Your claim that white people only eat Salad is so laughable its not even worth a discussion. Are you seriously claiming whites Don't eat mean such as Pork and Cow(Which are the culprit as mike claims).

Also you say its Poor blacks, if its poor blacks majority can't afford McDonalds everday...even the dollar menu a Burger for a family of lets say four plus fries adds to about 63 dollars a week..thats about 252 a month...Your Hatred and rush to blame Poor Blacks is absurd...Show me where it says Poor blacks are more at risk over you Middle Class blacks.

The Article makes it clear that is a general lack of education on the issiue of Cancer and the fact that Blacks have less medical check ups than whites that is the problem but OF COURSE we need to Blame Whitey for our problems....Pathetic

This is why we are in the state we are in...Blame the White man syndrome..

How old are you? Seriously? I'd say no more than 17.

Where did I say white people only eat salad? Your deducing skills are lazy and immature. Where am I "blaming the white man"? Nothing in your retort makes any sense with regard to anything I typed. Who can't afford McDonalds? Do you see who McDonalds targets in most, if not all, of their ads?

Comparativelty speaking, as I said before as to my own experience, white americans have a healthier diet than black americans. Do they still get diabetes and cancer? YESSSS! American diets in general are not very healthy.

You are making claims against ALL black people yet ignore those that don't live in america and not apart of these american studies.

Be careful and fully understand what you read, otherwise you come off as immature which lead to idiotic rants.

The Gaul
Member # 16198
 - posted
Also, Mindovermatter, it's been stated here and in other places, that black people have a lower threshold need of vitamin D. When compared to white people, it may seem that blacks are vitamin D deficient, but that is only because the level of vitamin D needed by pale skin people is far greater than that needed by dark skin (black) people, so the relative comparison is skewed.

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
How old are you? Seriously? I'd say no more than 17. What does this have to do with the discussion...??

Where did I say white people only eat salad? Your deducing skills are lazy and immature. Where am I "blaming the white man"? Nothing in your retort makes any sense with regard to anything I typed. Who can't afford McDonalds? I realized now that your comment to me had nothing to do wit the argument at hand excuse me for chasing your Red Herring.

Do you see who McDonalds targets in most, if not all, of their ads? Are you saying Blacks are the main buyers of McDonalds??? Where is your proof of this?

Comparativelty speaking, as I said before as to my own experience, white americans have a healthier diet than black americans. So you come down on me for stating my opinion but give your your own. Again Mike's whole Jest is that Meat in general is bad for blacks..Hence his "The White mans Meat" comment...so until you provide evidence that majority of Whites even the healthy nuts Don't heat alot of mean then this is not an argument.
Do they still get diabetes and cancer? YESSSS!

What is your argument here,?? Why did you post to me??

You are making claims against ALL black people yet ignore those that don't live in america and not apart of these american studies.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34826:black-men-of-west-african-origin-at-highest-risk-of-prostate-cancer&catid=45:health&Itemid=692

^^^^^^Now what?? Lets not mention other diseases Non American Africans are suceptible too..Guess Melanin is not what you and Mike make t out to be huh..

Be careful and fully understand what you read, otherwise you come off as immature which lead to idiotic rants.Again your rant was a red herring, next I will be careful and not even reply to your non sense..

The Gaul
Member # 16198
 - posted
^^ What "rant" child? This is why most stay away from these boards. It's been filled with children with raging hormones who think every post is a debate class.

I simply focused on what you "bet" that whiets eat more McDonalds, and "guaranteed" they eat more red meat. I simply brought in my own experience, which I explicitly stated as such, which is in total disagreement with what you "bet" and "guarantee". I didn't try to pass off anything as "bets" and "guarantees".

Now that you know of the term "red herring", next learn how and when to use it.

Also, that study is strictly on that of Nigeria (assumed those of all West African decent, and not southern, eastern, or northern decent...black people live there too) and specifially prostate cancer, which, within that piece, they stated diet is a major cause, which is exactly what I have been talking about.

Last I checked, I didn't say a damn thing about Melanin in regards to what you typed either. Red Herring?

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
^^ What "rant" child? This is why most stay away from these boards. It's been filled with children with raging hormones who think every post is a debate class. Good Stay off of here Don't let the door hit you..

I simply focused on what you "bet" that whiets eat more McDonalds, and "guaranteed" they eat more red meat. I simply brought in my own experience, which I explicitly stated as such, which is in total disagreement with what you "bet" and "guarantee". I didn't try to pass off anything as "bets" and "guarantees".

First off unless you can provide evidence that more blacks eat Mcdonalds we can talk. McDonalds is a franchise and plenty set up shop in White communities and plenty of white people eat McDonalds. Again your argument had nothing to do with this but some Rant about whites Eating Vegtibles and Saldads while Blacks did not...

Red Meat is a staple meal of white Americans to say they don't Eat more Red meat over blacks is not worth my time to argue here. Again a "BET" is a Guess...I never said White ate more Mcdonalds just that Statistically I BET THEY DID...

Also, that study is strictly on that of Nigeria (assumed those of all West African decent, and not southern, eastern, or northern decent...black people live there too) and specifially prostate cancer, which, within that piece, they stated diet is a major cause, which is exactly what I have been talking about.

Show me in your original comment where you specified which region of Africa or did you say "Non American" blacks?? Show me where you specified certain regions or is this some sad attept to save face now that Continental Africans in Nigeria have a high risk of Prostate Cancer...

Last I checked, I didn't say a damn thing about Melanin in regards to what you typed either. Red Herring? Yes You did not say it but you replied to me becase you said "I did not speak for non Americans blacks" now that I provided a link showing Nigerains have the highest Proste Cancer rates you want to get specific to regions of Africa...LOL..As if all africans are a Monolith Race...Strawman?

The Gaul
Member # 16198
 - posted
Child, I won't join you in your game of tail chasing based on your "guarantees" and "bets". I stand by what I see where I live and see with my own two eyes and will take that over your "guarantees" anyday. Bad diet = greatest proponent of high cancer rates among black people in america.

Mind... http://www.stmarys.org/121981.cfm

xyyman
Member # 13597
 - posted
Haven't read the papers. But amy intelligent person will "you are what you eat". In other words 'eat healthy. Many people do NOT know what the healthy foods are.

So the study may be right. The more knowledgeable ones may live longer.

As Mike said:

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic:
Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but there is a really interesting paper done by the eminent intelligence researchers Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware and Ian Deary of the University of Edinburgh entitled:
Intelligence Predicts Health and Longevity, but Why?

Their work is futher upheld by that of Neuroscientists Jeremy Gray and Paul Thompson in their paper:
Neurobiology of Intelligence: Health Implications?
Both papers are definitely worth a read. [Wink]

the lioness
Member # 17353
 - posted
Melanin King, what are your thoughts on the whole black cancer thing?

Are our cancer rates really higher or is that white people f'ing with the statistics?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com