EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Human Sacrifice & Cannibalism Among Yorubas » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
Does anyone here have any sources, preferrably from the indegenes themselves, stating the details of any history and practice of human sacrifice and cannibalism among the Yorubas?

I've read some articles on the Internet making such claims but I doubt their correctness.

Many thanks.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
fast fwd to 4:13 and you will see it with your very own eyes. The kid is no more than 16 and he is about to eat the heart of a man. The name of the religion is "JuJu" which is part of the Yoruba culture. Totally disgusting primitive culture.

I guess this can be considered primary source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmrkTi3EHqk

viola75
Member # 17981
 - posted
that hasnt got anything to do with the yoruba culture,

because gigantic cant refute that the ancient egyptians were black, he trolls and he takes out his frustration by looking for the most nasty things in africa and with his mentally ill eurocentric mind, trys to use this as to judge all african blacks and blacks in the dispora.

gigantic why dont you go on european civilization forums and study ancient greece and rome instead of just trolling here, of course nubian,egypto civilizations were superior to greece and rome,scythians but your european and should take an interest in ancient european CULTURES.

QUESTION:

What do you like about ancient AFRICAN civilizations that you would rather post here and not study ancient EUROPEAN civilizations???

ANSWER:

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
^You are freggin deranged. The person asked for first hand acct. and I provided him with it. Would you have preferred that I left out the commentary? Juju is part of Yoruba, numbnut.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
"The Ju Ju religion is the religion of the Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria..."

http://usminc.org/voodoo.html

***Execellent site on basic Juju and Yoruba information.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
"The word juju is commonly credited to West African tribes, namely the Yoruba of Western Nigeria. The other common source is the Bantu languages. This has been disputed by many experts, other theories range from the Hausa language to French joujou. Despite much debate linguists still disagree."

http://dictionary.babylon.com/juju/

viola75
Member # 17981
 - posted
the pure yorubas did sacrifices on animals not humans, these guys are just ignorant soldiers.

a bit like extremist muslims? are all muslims extremist.

anyway

QUESTION:

What do you like about ancient AFRICAN civilizations that you would rather post here and not study ancient EUROPEAN civilizations???

ANSWER:

Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by viola75:

Right.

Do you have sources that predate colonial and modern times? I understand the utter frustration of living under the yoke of western imperialism may have driven some Africans to do the most disgusting things.

Specifically, I would like to know if human sacrifice and cannibalism were practiced by the kings, high chiefs etc of the Yorubas in the 18th/19th century.

I read somewhere that it might have been done during the Kiriji wars but again, it's from the untrustworthy mouthpiece of westerners.

viola75
Member # 17981
 - posted
things change who really knows what a lot of religion was like before 1500 ce

in all religions there will be some people who turns it into something nasty

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic:
fast fwd to 4:13 and you will see it with your very own eyes. The kid is no more than 16 and he is about to eat the heart of a man. The name of the religion is "JuJu" which is part of the Yoruba culture. Totally disgusting primitive culture.

I guess this can be considered primary source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmrkTi3EHqk

What you talkin bout Willis, DA WHITE man taught them how to sacrifice, DA ALBINO White man killed all the Indians..

Notice how in one breath the White man is the devil and all whites are responsible for Death and Destruction, but when it comes to Africans or Muslims its "Only Extreemists"...

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
^This is why no one takes them seriously. I have grown tired of them and will chime in every now and then, just for laughs. They asked for proof, were given first hand acct.; primary source, yet they will find some ridiculous excuse like the following:

"Do you have sources that predate colonial and modern times?"

You see, the asshole just can't muster up enough courage to ADMIT the truth. So instead, he takes the p*ssy way out. Mind you, this is the same clown that asked the following:

Chopper city: "Does anyone here have any sources, preferrably from the indegenes themselves, stating the details of any history and practice of human sacrifice and cannibalism among the Yorubas?"

Look at how the shyt for brains first asked for: "ANY SOURCE FROM THE INDIGENOUS," but when given the brutal evidence FROM THE VERY SOURCE HE SOUGHT AFTER, he convenienly has a change of heart and requests: "Do you have SOURCES THAT PREDATE COLONIAL AND MODERN TIMES."

What a fvcking shyt for brains, the fella. Like I said, I now chime in for laughs.

Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
quote:
but when given the brutal evidence FROM THE VERY SOURCE HE SOUGHT AFTER, he convenienly has a change of heart and requests: "Do you have SOURCES THAT PREDATE COLONIAL AND MODERN TIMES."

You're looking really stupid to anyone with a functioning brain reading this thread.

Where did you give me any sources from indegenous Yorubas about human-sacrifice/cannibalism performed by Yorubas? Where???

ANSWER:

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:
^This is why no one takes them seriously. I have grown tired of them and will chime in every now and then, just for laughs. They asked for proof, were given first hand acct.; primary source, yet they will find some ridiculous excuse like the following:

You see, the asshole just can't muster up enough courage to ADMIT the truth. So instead, he takes the p*ssy way out. Mind you, this is the same clown that asked the following:

Chopper city: "Does anyone here have any sources, preferrably from the indegenes themselves, stating the details of any history and practice of human sacrifice and cannibalism among the Yorubas?"

Look at how the shyt for brains first asked for: "ANY SOURCE FROM THE INDIGENOUS," but when given the brutal evidence FROM THE VERY SOURCE HE SOUGHT AFTER, he convenienly has a change of heart and requests: "Do you have SOURCES THAT PREDATE COLONIAL AND MODERN TIMES."

What a fvcking shyt for brains, the fella. Like I said, I now chime in for laughs.

Its Pure Reactionary emotions, plain and simple. On Reloaded the Japanegro as you call him, had the nerve to take issiue with a Columbus Statue, when I asked what the big deal was he said Columbus "Set the Stage for and the Genocide of Indians" and should not be celebrated, but the same dude will celebrate the Moors, Egyptians, Arabs, Muslims, etc. who have a history of Killing and Massacure. As I said its reactionary, they need to somehow Bolster and Uphold African and arabs because deep inside they feel infeorior and see African and Arabs as Primitive, so what better way than to make the European White Man(Who they feel inferior too) seem as the epitmy of evil and uphold Africans and arabs to a different standard.

Its sad really.

Just call me Jari
Member # 14451
 - posted
quote:

And the sad part is if not for the White Man, these same people Claiming "Da evil White Man" would not even know about Egypt outside of Cairo and Islam. They uses the White man's Translation of the Heiroglyphs and the White Man's methods through the feild of Science, Antropology(Created by the White Man), to study Egypt and post to a device created by the White Man(the computer) with pictures from institutions the White man created(Museums)...LMAO

Confirming Truth
Member # 17678
 - posted
^RFLOL!!

Confirming Truth
Member # 17678
 - posted
you are too immature to handle the truth. And the truth is, cannibalism has always been a part of west and central African culture. Go back to hiding your head in the sand. You have too much self-hate and inferiority complex to see the plain truth.

quote:
Originally posted by Chopper City:
You're looking really stupid to anyone with a functioning brain reading this thread.

Where did you give me any sources from indegenous Yorubas about human-sacrifice/cannibalism performed by Yorubas? Where???

ANSWER: [/QB]

IronLion
Member # 16412
 - posted
^^Jarijudas and his lover...

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
quote:

Pure ignorant statement Gigantic. Yoruba don't practice cannibalism or human sacrifice. The video you are referring to happened in Liberia. Liberia is a country founded by freed slaves from America. Incidentally what you see is not a normal practice among Liberian people either, those atrocities on the video are issues of war and if you know anything about war, such barbaric acts happen.

The only people who are known to have ever practiced human sacrifice in West Africa are the Ashanti and the people of Dahomey. FYI the Yoruba have never been associated with either abominable acts.

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
quote:
^You are freggin deranged. The person asked for first hand acct. and I provided him with it. Would you have preferred that I left out the commentary? Juju is part of Yoruba, numbnut.

You provided him with a bunch of ignorant statements and LIES. That's what you did. There is nothing in that video to do with the Yoruba people which the OP was about.

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Chopper City:
quote:
Originally posted by viola75:

Right.

Do you have sources that predate colonial and modern times? I understand the utter frustration of living under the yoke of western imperialism may have driven some Africans to do the most disgusting things.

Specifically, I would like to know if human sacrifice and cannibalism were practiced by the kings, high chiefs etc of the Yorubas in the 18th/19th century.

I read somewhere that it might have been done during the Kiriji wars but again, it's from the untrustworthy mouthpiece of westerners.

Europeans in West Africa during the days of the Yoruba Empire did not get to have any interaction with the Yoruba people. The only westerners that did so were Clapperton and Lander and they both wrote books about their experiences. They even gave an account when they discussed alleged human sacrifice among the Yoruba with the King of the Yoruba people. This was flatly denied and the King went as far as stating, such incidents had been reported to him about the Ashanti and the people of Dahomey but the King and the people of Yoruba found such practices abhorrent.

During the time of Clapperton and Landers' stay in West Africa, the Yoruba and the Fulani people were bitter enemies. When Clapperton got to meet the Fulani eventually, these ones had a lot of unflattering things to say about the Yoruba people but human sacrifices or cannibalism were never mentioned.

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Confirming Truth:
you are too immature to handle the truth. And the truth is, cannibalism has always been a part of west and central African culture. Go back to hiding your head in the sand. You have too much self-hate and inferiority complex to see the plain truth.

Can you tell us the name of any people in Africa where cannibalism is/was the norm past and present? The video you directed us to on You Tube are the base acts of people at war, not the acts of normal human beings. Get the difference.

the lioness
Member # 17353
 - posted
forum discussion called:

Where some ethnic groups in Nigeria ever cannibals?

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428302.0.html

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
The answer to the question is NO!

But among Africans where tribal baiting is very common, you can and will hear all sorts of silly outrageous things Africans say about each other. What you would find as fact is the lack of evidence to back those outrageous claims. The lack of evidence is FACT because those claims are just a bunch of lies these Africans make to put each other down.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9E04EFDE1531E733A25756C0A9679C946797D6CF

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/38377-hidden-nigerian-culture-exposed-almost-unbelievable.html

for starters......

quote:
Originally posted by Energy:
Can you tell us the name of any people in Africa where cannibalism is/was the norm past and present? The video you directed us to on You Tube are the base acts of people at war, not the acts of normal human beings. Get the difference.

IronLion
Member # 16412
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
forum discussion called:

Where some ethnic groups in Nigeria ever cannibals?

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428302.0.html

Was Snaky a horny whore? [Big Grin]

IronLion
Member # 16412
 - posted
quote:
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9E04EFDE1531E733A25756C0A9679C946797D6CF

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/38377-hidden-nigerian-culture-exposed-almost-unbelievable.html

for starters......

quote:
Originally posted by Energy:

You Gigantic fool are a cannibal too
with your pink christian gay arse;
Every sunday your Romish church kills Jesus
pon the altar,
and then share out his flesh and blood as sacrament, for you the congregation...
What is that?

Every Roman catholic cathedral is built on
a foundation laid in with the dead bones
of a gay "saint"?
Every Romish church
without exception is a house of dead bones
Relics, they call it, relics....
Is that voodoo? Is that worshipping death?

the lioness
Member # 17353
 - posted
 - IronLion

xxttjXx xt tjX

moucou xTx, tjx cxxt tuesday 9/28/2010

Energy
Member # 16438
 - posted
quote:

for starters......

The first link is based on white people's stereotypical views of the African with no evidence to back it up. As far as white people are concerned, black people are cannibals so even if a dead white man's mutilated body is found in the bush full of wild animals, to the white man, it was not the animals that ate him but rather it was the Africans. FYI, those are racist views and only IGNORANT people hold onto them.

Notice it said the body was mutilated and showed signs of having been eaten. What exactly does that mean? How does a human body eaten by fellow humans look like for them to come to that conclusion? The story sounds to me the dead body left by the roadside and was eaten by scavenging animals.

With regard to the second link, I hope you don't really believe the 419 fairy tale the man is spinning. Do you really believe the dead appears to friends in their dreams and ask for favours as this man is claiming? Surely you don't take people of this forum to be fools do you?

You have to wonder why the family of the dead man are not the ones making these claims of cannibalism and seeking redress but rather a supposed friend of the dead man is the one making the noise. I don't believe a word of his story and even more so since he claims he was informed of this cannibalism through a dream he had of the dead man.

Gigantic, millions of Africans from different parts of Africa live in Nigeria. These ones report the terrible things that go on in Nigeria but cannibalism is not one of them. For instance there are reports of criminals lynched to dead and their bodies left to rot by the roadsides for days. If such nasty things are being reported why would they leave out cannibalism if that also happens in Nigeria? If there was any hint of cannibalism among the Nigerians, trust me, it would be headline news and the world media would be screaming it from the rooftops. The world's media's silence on this should tell you no such crimes are happening in Nigeria.

IronLion
Member # 16412
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
moucou xTx, tjx cxxt tuesday 9/28/2010 [/QB]

-

@&%#!!! Ayeeeeheee!
R.I.P. Snakiness [Eek!]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com