EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Left Foot Forward » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
Folks, what is the actual meaning esoteric or otherwise of the left foot forward ritual often seen in Egyptian statues, but can also be seen elsewhere as in this statue:

-

Cheers folks

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
People who are right handed, for the most part, proceed with their left foot first when they walk. Most Egyptians were right handed. It has to do with balance; right handers will swing their right arm foward when they start off to walk and for the sake of a balance stride, they counter the swing with with the left leg first. Get it? Nothing spooky about it (although I suspect that is what you are looking for).

Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
Gigantic,

Do you mind not posting on my thread if you always have to come across with this passive-aggressive tone in your words? What's irking you?

Just answer the question without emotion. It's not too much to ask.

----

Any deeper explanations are very welcome. Especially those alluding to ancient Egyptian rites and rituals.

Gigantic
Member # 17311
 - posted
^Please, provide the words in my post that suggest emotion on my part. I will avoid using them in the future when responding to your query.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Chopper City:
Gigantic, What's irking you?

his ignorance.

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
Perhaps the emphasis of thought is on the pushing off of the right foot.

Chopper City
Member # 16969
 - posted
^ Sorry I didn't get that. Did you mean the thinking behind the concept has something to do with the right foot?

Please expand.

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
When in stride your left foot is forward, your right foot is back and this is the foot you are pushing off of.

But maybe this AE left foot thing was like our expression of "you want to start on the right foot"

chanel123
Member # 18293
 - posted
Technologies a few days cheap lv bags days after Thanksgiving 2008. He had lv wallet had worked at the company for 19 [h4]louis vuitton belt[/h4] 19 years.
Two years later, he's [h3]lv replica handbag[/h3] he's still unemployed."I hope to get a シャネル 時計 a job" in 2011, Clark said today. [h4]lv wallets[/h4] today. "I

Al Waze-look King
Member # 18672
 - posted
Hopefully CC is still following this thread. The real meaning behind the position of the statue is esoteric. The left side of your body is where the heart is. The Egyptians believed you stepped with the left foot to trod out evil so the heart could proceed. The FreeMasons, being based on the Egyptian Secret Schools adopted this. They then proceeded to influence the American Militia/Military "Left, Left, Left-Right-Left"

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com