EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Power of the word » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
And curse words.

What are you guys's takes on cussing and curse words primarily, and the power of words secondarily?

What about when the word ass is used in the same sense of butt, a feature on the body? Or when a number of words, almost any can be used exclamatorily upon one's being surprised in a good or bad way; when those words are used in exactly the same manner as "Whoa, Oh, or Wo". How 'bout that you can completely deride and deflate something without the use of any "curse" words or better yet any words at all? What about when the kid tries to evade the parent by substituting a "curse word" and still cursing with it?

profane (v.):

late 14c., from L. profanare "to desecrate," from profanus "unholy, not consecrated," from pro fano "not admitted into the temple (with the initiates)," lit. "out in front of the temple," from pro- "before" (see pro-) + fano, ablative of fanum "temple" (see feast). Related: Profaned; profaning. The adjective is attested from late 15c.; originally "un-ecclesiastical, secular;" sense of "unholy, polluted" is recorded from c.1500.

What about the connection implied:

The Secret

Manifesting Intentions

What about the idea of the Word, God's Word, pre-existing humanity and its words?

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
And then there's fuc, a word that comes both ever so titillatingly off of a young squeeze's lips or harshly out of the mouths of an upset wronged.

It can mean to bunk i.e. sex, mess/funks with (which can also mean sex), and to funk up: to mess up or damn.

It's also used in a phrase, bunk it as in leave it alone, ignore it and move on.

Booski Love
Member # 6729
 - posted
[Big Grin]

hottoddi
Member # 15917
 - posted
Manifesting Your Intentions
 -

It's no secret [Roll Eyes]

hottoddi
Member # 15917
 - posted
 -

I wonder if The Secret" could have helped? [Confused]

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
I agree with Manifesting Your Intentions, but was far as "Secret" like magic spoken of since times remote i think it seems a little Harry Potter too.

Not worse than superstition over words though

Booski Love
Member # 6729
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:

Not worse than superstition over words though

Please elucidate.

hottoddi
Member # 15917
 - posted
 -

Just give the dude his damn rug back!!! [Big Grin]

[Cool]

Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
If you don't believe your actual will, attitude and mind-state are important how you gone believe saying magic words is?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com