EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » First Genetic Insight into Libyan Tuaregs: A Maternal Perspective » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
L'
Member # 18238
 - posted
First Genetic Insight into Libyan Tuaregs: A Maternal
Perspective Claudio Ottoni1, Cristina Mart´ınez-Labarga1, Eva-Liis Loogva¨ li2, Erwan Pennarun2, Alessandro Achilli3, Flavio De Angelis1, Emiliano Trucchi1, Irene Contini1, Gianfranco Biondi4 and Olga Rickards1∗

"Summary
The Tuaregs are a semi-nomadic pastoralist people of northwest Africa. Their origins are still a matter of debate due to the scarcity of genetic and historical data. Here we report the first data on the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) genetic characterization of a Tuareg sample from Fezzan (Libyan Sahara). A total of 129 individuals from two villages in the Acacus region were genetically analysed. Both the hypervariable regions and the coding region of mtDNA were investigated. Phylogeographic investigation was carried out in order to reconstruct human migratory shifts in central Sahara, and to shed light on the origin of the Libyan Tuaregs. Our results clearly show low genetic diversity in the sample, possibly due to genetic drift and founder effect associated with the separation of Libyan Tuaregs from an ancestral population. Furthermore, the maternal genetic pool of the Libyan Tuaregs is characterized by a major “European” component shared with the Berbers that could be traced to the Iberian Peninsula, as well as a minor ‘south Saharan’ contribution possibly linked to both Eastern African and Near Eastern populations."

Download Link

L'
Member # 18238
 - posted

astenb
Member # 14524
 - posted
MMWhah ha ha ha
Check out the dates for the Eurasian Maternal lineages. [Eek!]

L'
Member # 18238
 - posted
This?

"The network of H1 haplotypes (Fig. 3) shows that the CRS-3010 haplotype, which is the central node of the network, is widely distributed in northern African populations, including the Berbers and the Tuaregs, while the Eurasian samples show much more diversity. In order to include in our comparative analysis other north African populations that
have not been typed for the H1 marker (i.e., the transition at np 3010), a comparison of the HVS-I H-CRS haplotype frequencies among the African populations was carried out (Table 3). Again, results show that this haplotype is well spread in northwestern Africa, especially among some Berber groups, where it may account for more than 15%
of their mtDNA pool. The coalescence age of H1 variation in the Tuareg sample was estimated to be 1800 years (SE 1550). More remarkably, after focusing exclusively on the H1-CRS, we calculated that with a 95% probability the age of a clade that shows 72 times no mutations is not older than
850 years
."

Neferet
Member # 17109
 - posted
Thank you for this updated study. I didn't have this one that includes my maternal haplogroup.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
First Genetic Insight into Libyan Tuaregs: A Maternal
Perspective Claudio Ottoni1, Cristina Mart´ınez-Labarga1, Eva-Liis Loogva¨ li2, Erwan Pennarun2, Alessandro Achilli3, Flavio De Angelis1, Emiliano Trucchi1, Irene Contini1, Gianfranco Biondi4 and Olga Rickards1∗

"Summary
The Tuaregs are a semi-nomadic pastoralist people of northwest Africa. Their origins are still a matter of debate due to the scarcity of genetic and historical data. Here we report the first data on the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) genetic characterization of a Tuareg sample from Fezzan (Libyan Sahara). A total of 129 individuals from two villages in the Acacus region were genetically analysed. Both the hypervariable regions and the coding region of mtDNA were investigated. Phylogeographic investigation was carried out in order to reconstruct human migratory shifts in central Sahara, and to shed light on the origin of the Libyan Tuaregs. Our results clearly show low genetic diversity in the sample, possibly due to genetic drift and founder effect associated with the separation of Libyan Tuaregs from an ancestral population. Furthermore, the maternal genetic pool of the Libyan Tuaregs is characterized by a major “European” component shared with the Berbers that could be traced to the Iberian Peninsula, as well as a minor ‘south Saharan’ contribution possibly linked to both Eastern African and Near Eastern populations."

Download Link

astenb
Member # 14524
 - posted
^ Yes mine as well.
quote:
The eight identical L0a1a haplotypes were characterised
by a reversion at np 16223 and HVS-II mutations at nps
146 and 150. They could be possibly attributed to L0a1a-
64T clade encompassing mainly Eastern and Central Africa
(2 haplotypes in Egypt, 1 in Sudan and 1 in Chad) and,
more interestingly, one Israeli mtDNA (samples L407, L408,
L259p and L553 in Behar et al., 2008). Coalescence time in
this clade was 14,678 years (SD 4,811).

The 64T Clade = L0a1a2 which I am a member of. The dates are funny because not only are the African dates much older, it clearly puts then in the realm of European slaves.

dana marniche
Member # 13149
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
^ Yes mine as well.
quote:
The eight identical L0a1a haplotypes were characterised
by a reversion at np 16223 and HVS-II mutations at nps
146 and 150. They could be possibly attributed to L0a1a-
64T clade encompassing mainly Eastern and Central Africa
(2 haplotypes in Egypt, 1 in Sudan and 1 in Chad) and,
more interestingly, one Israeli mtDNA (samples L407, L408,
L259p and L553 in Behar et al., 2008). Coalescence time in
this clade was 14,678 years (SD 4,811).

The 64T Clade = L0a1a2 which I am a member of. The dates are funny because not only are the African dates much older, it clearly puts then in the realm of European slaves.
Cased closed. [Wink]

Troll Patrol
Member # 18264
 - posted
 -

typeZeiss
Member # 18859
 - posted
Whites were brought in as slaves to north african in LARGE numbers, specifically women. So this isn't shocking.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com