EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » black History In Perspective » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Whatbox
Member # 10819
 - posted
Growing up I was not particularly into History. As a subject I found it dry and boring until we began learning about "juicier" stuff and alien histories (those of other nations and continents) but still basically find it dry and boring. I was much more into math and science.

One thing that was annoying, and this is outside of History class, were the few times I would witness someone -- a black adult, usually female -- puke out their insides, collapse and die on the ground in pity when talking about black trials and tribulations. Pain and anguish may make for a good musician, but even music monotonous in that way gets beyond stale. It's just not fly enough when the true story and original one I was is one of being faced with many set backs and challenges with which to resilliantly overcome and perservere. One that motivates you to be as greatful and kind to any kindness you may receive and as solid to any storms you may face.

The whole black pride thing isn't that interesting to most blacks including myself and we see it as unnecessary. A few of us might have an interest for black / african -agent history (not subject history) and anthro. though when it's mostly brushed aside probably due to how ugly the most recent history has been.

Mango and Papaya Delight
Member # 6729
 - posted
^

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com